Climate change wankers

nick3's picture
nick3 started the topic in Thursday, 9 May 2013 at 6:48pm

http://principia-scientific.org/supportnews/latest-news/163-new-discover...
Now to all you fruit loops. This is the end to the biggest load bullshit of all time. The government know's it (but still won't say it ), the smart people like me know it. When will you clowns please apologise to me for your un-educated attacks.
To all the man made global warmest alarmist's suck shit losers.
Now go and do something worthwhile fuckwits.

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Friday, 25 Nov 2016 at 5:37pm

You never looked at the link I posted did you blind boy.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 25 Nov 2016 at 5:47pm

Yes I wasted 5 secondsof my life. What next? The Protocols of the Elders of Zion? But back to the important issue, bot or not? How many beans make five?

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 6:23am

Craig/Tonybarber,
This WEF article provides a potential diagnoses of the November Article ice melt anomaly:

https://medium.com/world-economic-forum/something-strange-is-happening-w...

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 6:51am

Another article showing a similar anomaly in the Antarctic with links to the recent El-Nino:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/11/21/thi...

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 10:58am

Pauline Hanson has just announced climate change is not real, that's good enough for me. This women is like a breath of fresh air, can't wait for her to voted in as Prime minister.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 12:11pm

What is one person's fresh air is another's stale fart through urine and faeces encrusted underwear.

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 12:33pm

Once again you show you can't argue your point Blindboy. Grand statements with no proof.
Go on, hang some more shit on me. This is the only way you can debate me.
Like I said , you need to show me the models Exon used to show extremely serious global consequences.
I have read their reports but I must of missed the bit about serious global consequences.
The difference about you and me Blindboy I am not key board bully like you because I would be more than happy to say the same things to your face.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 1:17pm

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 1:25pm

Thanks YLocal. As the article states, 'things are weird'. But hang on, all is said, signed and delivered. Isn't it.
We cannot have Mother Nature doing something we don't understand yet or can model. So should we expect surprises or god forbid alternative thought.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 4:38pm

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 4:58pm

Yeah Tony good chat. I would like to watch this anomaly closely and learn about what it means, whether things go back to normal in a few weeks, or whether the clear deviation from the norm is something worth paying attention to. Agreed.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 5:31pm

How am I bullying you nick? By asking you to prove that you are not a bot? I reserve my position on that. Most of what you post has a certain bottish ring. Otherwise yeh I will call bullshit when I see it and that is all I have seen from you so far. Cretinous crap based only on assertion. If you want respect back up your claims. Oh and take a look at your first post, you apparently don't mind dishing it out but want to whinge when it comes back at you.
The models that Exxon used were computer models and the direct ancestors of those used by the IPCC to reach its conclusions in its 5th report in 2014. The evidence of Exxon's deliberate deception does not rest on those models it rests on the documentary evidence of its executives discussing them. In particular that they planned to deliberately mislead the public and used their financial muscle to corrupt the political process thereby contributing significant,y to decades of inaction and countless deaths from heat waves, bushfires, droughts and storms that otherwise would not have occurred.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 7:57pm

Re' Lizard Is, and the "worse bleaching"...... A days drive to the south, you'll find the reefs around Green Island, Dunk island etc pretty good..... Further north towards the tip of the cape, same..... So why would just one section of the reef fair so badly? I have my theory, with a pic to back it up. But I'd like the learned folk of Swellnet blog land to have a dig.....
There's a clue in what I wrote above, as to my theory lol

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 8:03am

Ah Floyd. I can smell clearly now. Just maybe we have been missing something here. Can we be humble enough to admit that we do not know it all and just maybe life is trying to tell us something. Until our processes don't pollute, we will endure severe weather more and more as the planet tries to breathe thru humans fart stained nappy.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 8:24am

BB, granted you are emotional about this subject but your last statement (above 5.31pm) is incorrect. That is the mistake Prof Flannery, Senator Milne made and of course others.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 9:06am

You're always a breath of fresh air and a little ray of sunshine Dave

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 10:01am

So tb exactly where exactly are we all wrong? I am sure Professor Flannery is as anxious to correct his errors as I am so how about some actual detail? You know quantitative data, careful analysis, logical argument, that sort of thing. I know that this would be a new thing for you but give it a go!

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 11:09am

BB, I'm sure you are aware of IPCC's statement, here is just one - 'there is low confidence in any observed long term (40 years or more) increases of tropical cyclone activity'. Another - 'there is limited to medium evidence available to assess climate driven observed changes in the magnitude and frequency of floods'. prof Flannery has been embarrassed by his statements on drought when the dams became full and Aus got some rain. Frankly, there are many farmers that will have bumper harvest. Some may not if the water stayed too long. What we can say, is the country is looking bloody good.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 11:41am

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 11:54am

I think you are cherry picking there tb but give me the page references from the Synthsis Report and I will have a look. .....and medium confidence represents about a 50% probability so, even on the statement you quote, there is an even chance we are causing changes. Then if you place that very specific finding in the context of numerous others such as the few below, then the seriousness of the situation becomes clear.

"It is likely that the frequency of heat waves has increased in large parts of Europe, Asia and Australia" (likely is in the 66-100% range) page 7 Synthesis Report

"Recent detection of increasing trends in extreme precipitation and discharge in some catchments implies greater risk of flooding at regional level" (medium confidence). Page 8

"Impacts from recent climate related extremes, such as heat waves, droughts, floods, cyclones and wildfires reveal significant vulnerability and exposure of some ecosystems and many human systems to current climate variability." (Very high confidence. - greater than 90%) page 8

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 7:12pm

You do realise the last quote says nothing more than - any extremes in climate we have seen have shown us that we aren't prepared for the current range of climate extremes.

No reference to any current extremes being untoward or as a result of anthropological climate change.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 7:48pm

Blowin', are you really unaware that the climate has already changed? If you have been asleep for the last decade I refer you to the document quoted above which provides extensive documentation of the changes that have already occurred, to which the last statement in my previous post refers. It also provides overwhelming evidence that the cause of these changes has been human activity.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 8:00pm

Blindboy -What's the use of the apostrophe at the end of Blowin meant to represent ?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 8:11pm

Blowin, I have no idea, it just sort of became a habit....I can understand your concern that it could be taken the wrong way.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 9:41pm

This is quite a good link to Paul Beckwith describing current Arctic conditions (20 degrees above average) - his views are with the scientific consensus so reducing CO2 is mentioned:

It has very few views which is a bit of a shame. Can anyone (Craig) explain the synoptic conditions and how this corresponds with the deep freeze currently occurring over the Eurasian continent?

We sure are seeing changes, note South Africa's flooding and crop devastation in the past week or two. It would seem wildly varying systems, jet streams and extremes of hot and cold are now de rigeur, whatever their ultimate cause.

Southern Oz has gone through two cold, cold winters and spring has yet to arrive here so far... not quite as extreme as other localities on the globe. Would the mass of the southern oceans tend to mitigate these extremes for us?

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 7:50am

Blindboy's Quote,
"In particular that they planned to deliberately mislead the public and used their financial muscle to corrupt the political process thereby contributing significant,y to decades of inaction and countless deaths from heat waves, bushfires, droughts and storms that otherwise would not have occurred."
What the hell are you bullshitting about. This goes exactly to the heart why you are so stupid. When pushed into a corner you fail to present evidence to back your grand statements such as"extremely serious global consequences.". Then you try and belittle me which is fine . To top it off you come out and say such a ridiculously dumb statement as I posted above. So you are saying we never had any droughts, heatwaves,bushfires and storms before man made global warming.???
Floyd you are showing why you are such a immature sook.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 8:48am

Sorry nick but posting the entire contents of the 5th IPCC Report on the forum is not feasible. All the evidence is there for you to analyse....on the uncertain assumption that you are human.
here is the link. yet again.
https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/syr/

My money is still on bot. How many beans make five nick?

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 9:09am

I have read it . Stop ducking and weaving and please explain to everyone why you think there was no deaths attributed to droughts, heatwaves,bushfires and storms before man made global warming.??? If so who is to blame for them??

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 9:36am

Ah nick3 you really are a persistent abuser of your dangerous sin zones

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 10:02am

Well nick you may have read it but you obviously failed to understand it. The last post was really very sad. You must be due for an upgrade. We look forward to nick4

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 10:46am

BB, you should not dismiss the links above from YLocal. You are sure about the 66-100% range for 'likely'. Seems vrey high. But being cynical, statisticians can do wonders with numbers. But the key point is that is difficult to associate an extreme weather event with climate change. There is still much research to be done on el-Nino and la-Nino plus IDO.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 11:26am

tb in terms of individual events there are difficulties in attribution but the trends are clear in most cases.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 3:13pm

Agree BB, so we refer to the historical data gathered in the 5th report of the IPCC, recognising the year on year growth of evidence and probability of man-made climate change, and we monitor the research to see if this recent Arctic ice melt anomaly is associated with the building evidence toward man made climate change or if it's an isolated event.

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 4:40pm

Blindboy I have also read the bible, understood it and decided not to believe it.
One thing remains consistent, blindboy never every backing up his grand statements and Floyd being the attack dog for Blindboy ever time he can't back up his claims.
How about showing how Exon is solely to blame for all those deaths attributed to droughts, heatwaves,bushfires and storms.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 5:07pm

Ok Nicko .... you have asked for this and don't come back until you have redeemed yourself

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 7:21pm

Floyd do you know how much I am playing you like a puppet on a string. Far dinkum you are like a piece of clay that I can mould but not smart enough to see that everything you do against me shows you are not smart enough to back anything you are trying to belittle me with.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 8:07pm

Well there you go..... Not one of you learned folk could have a go at my request re' Lizard Island... Not one....... Was it too hard? Google couldn't find the answer? Or is Hanson right? It's all bullshit?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 8:37pm

Sheepy - Just tell us you're theory for christ's sake

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 8:48pm

Sorry Sheepdog but it's not a subject I have looked at in any detail. Bleaching is more likely to occur where other stresses are also present but my geography of that region is too weak to suggest why the differences you mentioned might occur.

I think I will wait for nick v.4 to respond. They might have programmed a bit more maths in by then and maybe repaired that faulty logic sequence that just goes into a loop and keeps repeating the same argument over and over again even when it has been comprehensively demolished. But hey nick3's not so bad. They had to ban nick2 for continuous obscenity.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 8:51pm

cmon SD. we're all too busy here trying to make sense of nicks gramattatarless paragraphs.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 28 Nov 2016 at 9:06pm

BB says " ....But hey nick3's not so bad ...". Best thing on Swellnet for a good laugh.

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 7:07am

Once again you guys show how pathically weak you are. Happyass you should always start a new sentence with a capital . Just giving you the heads up since you are so concerned about my grammar.
Blindboy with this global warming can with thank Exon for when we have less deaths attributed to severe cold weather.

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 9:34am

Each of the last three decades has been successively warmer at the Earth’s surface than any preceding decade since 1850. The period from 1983 to 2012 was very likely the warmest 30-year period of the last 800 years in the Northern Hemisphere, where such assess- ment is possible (high con dence) and likely the warmest 30-year period of the last 1400 years (medium con dence). {WGI 2.4.3, 5.3.5
Now we all know that back in 1850 temperature weren't that precise because of the control methods and also I would like to know what the Southern Hemisphere was doing.
How can anyone say that 1983- 2012 was the warmest 30 year period in the last 800 years or 1400 years.
How did a that measure these temperatures 800 years ago??? Even the IPCC have no idea that is why they use the word " likely".
Due to this natural variability, trends based on short records are very sensitive to the beginning and end dates and do not in general re ect long-term climate trends. As one example, the rate of warming over the past 15 years (1998–2012; 0.05 [–0.05 to 0.15] °C per decade), which begins with a strong El Niño, is smaller than the rate calculated since 1951
If industrialised CO2 outputs be the MAIN driver of global warming shouldn't this figure be far, far greater.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 11:04am

The answers to your questions are in here. I haven't had time to find page references.

https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/wg1/WG1AR5_Chapter10_FINAL...

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 12:10pm

No they are not in there.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 1:03pm

Check the References at the back. You may need to pay for some of the papers or go beg at one of the local Universities but if the exact methods are not in the report they will definitely be in the original papers. Now if you come back before New Year I know you have not searched thoroughly. Have a good Xmas!

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 6:40pm

Blindboy are you as stupid as you make out.
I am pretty sure even if I beg and pay these universities they weren't around back in the times I have asked you about.
Right now I am having a more intelligent conversation with my parrot then answering you.
The thing is I do read, but the world of probability, maybe,likely, models with different degrees of bias to get a result they want just doesn't cut it with the more intelligent.
The funny thing is you can't answer any of my question yourself. You actually show you don't understand what you post.
Floyd can you please answer him for me. Maybe you can post something stupid just to show how smart you are??

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 6:45pm

By the way swellnet, next time you try and question ( put up a block to see if I am a robot ) me just goes to show you are scared of debate. Seriously just come out and say you are a bunch of left wing sooks.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 6:46pm

Ah that's an inbuilt spam filter.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 at 6:52pm

hahaha, shut downnnnn!