National Day of Action this Saturday
This month, Norwegian oil company Equinor was asked to resubmit, for a third time, their environmental plan to commence exploratory drilling in the Great Australian Bight.
The public has been locked out of this process, unaware which parts of Equinor's proposal are being modified, however we know that Equinor must resubmit their plans to NOPSEMA by November 29th.
Right now, Heath Joske and the crew from Patagonia are taking their film 'Head of the Bight' on the road, see dates below, while a National Day of Action has been planned for this Saturday with more than fifty paddle outs happening right around the country.
Over the next week, Heath Joske will present 'The Head Of The Bight' alongside Mick Waters’ 'Outdated Children' (2019), and these family-friendly evenings will include a Q&A.
- Wednesday, 20 November – Norah Heads Sports Club, with Mick Waters
- Thursday, 21 November – Valla Beach Pre School, Valla Beach Road, Valla Beach
- Friday, 22 November – Woolaweyah Community Hall, Yamba
- Saturday, 23 November – Patagonia Burleigh Heads
- Sunday, 24 November – Byron Bay Community Centre
Further details are available via Patagonia Australia’s Facebook page.