SUP's SUCK

1963-malibu's picture
1963-malibu started the topic in Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 at 10:54pm

Surely if we have an ounce of dignity left in our surf culture we would ban these ugly/dangerous boats from surf spots.

What is wrong with us?

Why does no one STAND UP and tell them to FUCK OFF?

Why are there now contests on with these ugly things?

It is just going to get worse with more of them in the water.

Why are surfers buying magazines that support the SUP thing?

Why are people buying into it?

I have lost a lot of faith in crew like Joel Tudor/Gerry Lopez ETC who have posed with these ugly ugly boats.

Why do surfers continue to support the industry which pushes this crap out into the water?

This SUP tricky turning, waving arms about and cross stepping is just another showpony surfing thing, like everything else in surfing. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, look at my wonderful turns. NO, you suck you look like an idiot and no one wants to see you standing up paddling around. You are ruining surfing, just by being in the water.

Take your boat up the river and dont come back,

The ONLY place for a SUP is in big waves, preferably with Laird on board or older Hawaiian gents going for a gentle paddle with grace.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 at 6:28am

HAHAHA YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE A MAL RIDER, THE SHOES ON THE OTHER FOOT NOW. SUCK IT UP, SO YOU DONT LIKE SURFING WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN CATCH WAVES EASIER THAN YOU, OH WELL STIFF SHIT,IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GET A SMALL BOARD AND SURF A REEF.

1963-malibu's picture
1963-malibu's picture
1963-malibu Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 at 6:35am

I might have surfed a 'mal' back in the old days but these days i prefer to bodysurf.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 at 8:58am

I'm sorry Mal but I can't see the logic in your thread, you want sup's to fuck off and ride big waves where they belong. I would have thought it would be the other way around, you being a body surfer would want leave the sup in the shitty little waves and you could go and body surf the bigger heavier waves, if you want to body surf one to two foot crap you could do it between the flags, maybe eventually work your way up to a coolite

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 at 11:55am

MALIBU stop being a whinging old has been.Im older than you & ride a bodyboard.Your 47, to old to care if you look like an idiot or suck.Get one. Go out get back on the face,feel the speed again.Or why not get another mal?Is there anything more classicly beautiful than a timber veneer mal.You just have to ride it.Mines comming soon.Let people ride what they want.If they are not endangering others,obey the rules & dont hog waves,who cares.Dont let yourself become a bitter old fart,go have some fun!

surfpunk's picture
surfpunk's picture
surfpunk Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 at 8:32pm

Yeah everyone can ride wot they want, as long as their have`n fun! I would suggest tho to the guy`s who crap on about the performance! if ya wanna rip a SUP aint the best equipment. once heard a guy say "short boards are rally cars, Guns are Ferrari`s and SUPS are russian tractors" SUPS are great flat day fun and are great for your core fitness but everything in its place.....Sups should stay in the shed once its over 2ft, and also should not be around other shortboarders!!

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010 at 10:42pm

SO YOUNG MAL, YOUR QUITE BITTER. I CANT SEE WHY YOU WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM, I MEAN YOU BODYSURF. THE WAVES YOUR OUT IN YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN SEE SUP'S. AND I'LL TELL YOU A LOT OF THOSE KOOKS THAT YOUR WHINGING ABOUT ARE BETTER SURFER'S THAN YOU EVER WERE AT ANY STAGE OF YOUR LIFE. IT'S NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS, IT'S A CHALLENGE. I ALSO DON'T LIKE WHAT'S HAPPENED TO SURFING, BUT I'M NOT ABLE TO CHANGE IT,YOU JUST HAVE TO ADAPT. I'LL SURF A SHORT BOARD TILL I DIE, BUT TO STAY FIT AND HAVE SOME FUN I RIDE AN SUP AND THE ONLY PEOPLE I TAKE WAVE FROM ARE THE UNFIT TOOLS ON MALS THAT HAVE BEEN PINCHING WAVES OFF GROMMETS FOR YEARS AROUND MY AREA, I'M VERY CAREFUL NOT TO PINCH 2FT. WAVES OFF THE GROMS AND GET ALONG WELL WITH THEM WE BOTH HATE THE MALRIDERS. MATE IF I WAS A BODYSURFER I WOULD BE DOING IT BETWEEN THE FLAGS EVERYONE KNOWS THE CLUBBIES ALWAYS SET THEM UP ON THE BEST BANK.

wiseman-designs's picture
wiseman-designs's picture
wiseman-designs Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 at 1:00am

Gee there's some nastiness on the SUPs thread.
In a way I agree with 1963 mal in that most, not all, SUP riders now are generally non experienced board riders and where I live, they have become a nuisance even when it is well over 3 foot. There in lies the problem. They get out there without having to do the time and learn how to get along with other board riders first. When learning I spent time away from other surfers, before moving to the inside of a break as a grom and then out further and further all the while experiencing first hand how to get along with other board users. I do think you can ride whatever you like (I do not own a SUP) but as long as general surfing etiquite is observed there shouldn't be a problem.

backwardlocalsmakemesick's picture
backwardlocalsmakemesick's picture
backwardlocalsm... Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 at 1:42am

after 27 years on a short board i started supping. the negative attitude amazes me. i am very careful not to take off when other surfers are in the way. i have been doing it for 3 years now and love the new short sups. it is fun ,great exercise, and it is just another form of surfing. why are surfers so xenophobic, so agro to other forms of surf craft. what is going on with the resurgence of agro localsim. all these young guys getting their post code tattooed on themselves. well bad luck young punks. i been surfing for 30 years and i'll surf where and when i like. change is inevitable, get used to it.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 at 2:00am

I think surf equipment suppliers should be forced by law to tag gear with a booklet on waveriding etiquette.It should include specific information about the dangers to others posed by the craft that people are buying.They make their money out of this stuff,so they should be obliged to try educate about its safe/ethical use.Hell,I bought a new bodyboard on the weekend,all it had was a disclaimer for personal death or injury.You buy it & they wash their hands of it.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 at 2:03am
1963-malibu wrote:
I bodysurf grinding point breaks sometimes getting tubed for 100 yards.

get over yourself.

Being in the pit and seeing a SUP drop on me isnt fun.

Often i ride a surfboard as well, but it is harder to get tubed because once you are deep people drop on you.

................................................................................................

I'm so sorry i didn't realize you are the tube guru, by telling everyone how good you are you have exposed yourself as a KOOK

dork's picture
dork's picture
dork Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 at 2:28am

I think surf equipment suppliers should be forced by law to tag gear with a booklet on waveriding etiquette.It should include specific information about the dangers to others posed by the craft that people are buying.

By: "spongebob"

Would definately be a simple and effective solution, there are many people who are just starting and honestly dont know "the rules". Unfortunately they arent informed in a pleasant manner on most occasions, would eliminate a lot of agro.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 18 Mar 2010 at 4:08am

How's that Mal, please explain

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Friday, 19 Mar 2010 at 12:21am

Gee just find something else to do when the surf is marginal Mal or just find some spots which is too hard for them to carry the monsters,steep goat tracks,cliffs even.It must be a bugger surfing place's that are crowded and having to be preoccupied with what other people are doing,riding and wearing it would be a drag, but some thrive on that scene so too each his own thats my two bob's worth.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 19 Mar 2010 at 1:26am

Mal, I don't read tracks, and you would be surprised at similar our general outlook on the path surfing is taking. But I don't whinge about it like you do,if I'm out in the water and somethings pissing me off, I'll tell them. Yes I have been clocked for it. But at least I do something about it like move away from the crowd, I've surfed good waves all week with no more than 4 out, You should look at ways to get around the problem instead of being bitter, go surfing to be happy.We all know how hot a bodysurfer you are as you have told us, and you demand respect. But unfortunatly that aint going to happen as you are a smaller minority than boogers so suck it up Mal.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 19 Mar 2010 at 4:08am

I have a mal, but I ride a sup when its to small for short board or mal. Dont write off all sup riders,I dont write off all bodysurfers, but I think I will in your case Mal.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 19 Mar 2010 at 8:26am

Well you wouldnt see me I do it alone. Do you want me to crawl along the beach instead of walking so I dont upset your view? I take it ,when you do ride a surfboard its in the dark as you dont WANT to be seen

thetwig's picture
thetwig's picture
thetwig Friday, 19 Mar 2010 at 9:36am

no one sees a bodysurfer.
they are not visually disturbing.

SUP's are.

always

I will ride anything and do ride all sorts of weird and wonderful surfboards, but i never stand over everyone in the sea like some sort of giant statue with a paddle in my hands.

I dont get it, when you ride a SUP you are visible from kilometers away. It is almost like you WANT to be seen surfing.

This WANTING to be seen, that is really what i am getting at.

Surfing is attracting people that want to be seen while they are in the ocean and that to me is just, well........... WEIRD!

By: "1963-malibu"

haha how long did it take you to come up with that! That is a pathetic attempt there is no reason what so ever to say SUP'S SUCK! U can be riding any craft and newsflash no one CARES besides U! ALSO if ur so intimidatd by them 'standing over u' then go swim in the river/lake then no nasty sup riders will hurt u. So sunshine what i am getting at is if u dont like it then get out!

seethesea's picture
seethesea's picture
seethesea Friday, 19 Mar 2010 at 11:36am

Mal, this we hate SUP's thing is getting old mate. I honestly wish I had your life if all you can find to whinge about is someone looking for another way to enjoy the ocean and having a good time doing it. Or is it?

Do you get upset at all of those happy children playing in the park?

May I suggest a quick trip to the doctor to find the real reason you're so unhappy with the planet and all of those damn people ruining it for you........

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 19 Mar 2010 at 10:05pm

Mal your younger than I am but seem so much older, Im sorry for you.

sunny's picture
sunny's picture
sunny Saturday, 20 Mar 2010 at 12:00pm

SUP are the new millenium Goat boaters (surf skis). Its a fad, it will pass and a few will eventually remain.
Harder than it looks though.
Body Surfing is easier than riding a SUP.
Surfing a good thruster shreds over the rest in 90% of conditions IMO.

huey's picture
huey's picture
huey Sunday, 21 Mar 2010 at 1:05pm

I am Huey the God of Swell.

All SUP's are Dorks, just like all spoons are forks.
I agree with Mal-i-boo, SUP's should simply demise in the crater that has been prepared for them.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 21 Mar 2010 at 9:53pm

All SUP's are Dorks, just like all spoons are forks.

By: "huey"

Can't argue with someone who has thrown all logic out the window.

radbone08's picture
radbone08's picture
radbone08 Monday, 22 Mar 2010 at 1:43am

Im a grom, 13 yrs old. and nothing pisses me off more than having some dichead on a fucken boat drop in on you, especially when you are out surfing 2ft and the 4ft set comes along and u happen to be on the better wave, when SUPs drop in on you they think its cool, but when you do it to them or nah fuck off get out of the water, well fuck you! They should not be allowed to surf in crowded conditions!

slobadan's picture
slobadan's picture
slobadan Monday, 22 Mar 2010 at 4:23am

Out on the weekend I happend to witness some supping it looked thrilling and daring.What struck me the most was how they resembled roman chariots back in the day and how they stood above everybody else in the lineup conquering the sets,commanding respect.Now this had me thinking what if they traded the paddle for a pole and used it gondola style a,la Venice you could have fancy coloured poles a quiver of poles for different breaks,gun poles for deep water breaks the possibilites could be endless you could have a pole with a flag on the end and wave it for all to see adding to the spectacle of this fresh new enterprise oops surfing.

ben-day's picture
ben-day's picture
ben-day Monday, 22 Mar 2010 at 6:33am

Mate, get over it. You can still justify a Laird mancrush I notice.

1963-malibu's picture
1963-malibu's picture
1963-malibu Monday, 22 Mar 2010 at 7:44am

It must suck when you go and buy a SUP for thousands of dollars and then realise the board is basically the same as an old windsurfer at the dump.

stuz's picture
stuz's picture
stuz Tuesday, 23 Mar 2010 at 12:46am

Once the surf hits a decent size a majority of people seem to disappear anyway.

radbone08's picture
radbone08's picture
radbone08 Tuesday, 23 Mar 2010 at 2:27am

ben-day, was that directed at me?

fergus-mcdingo's picture
fergus-mcdingo's picture
fergus-mcdingo Sunday, 28 Mar 2010 at 5:18am

Well I confess that nobody dislikes the site of a Gondola hoving into the lineup as much as I do. It lowers the tone of the place and buggers up the real estate values. But it has to be said that discrimination against certain forms of water craft is a bit like racism, fundamentally some folks tend to distrust anything unfamiliar or unknown to them. Equity and fairness in the water has to be the rule. If it floats, is unpowered and can be pitched onto a moving wave face then as a rule it's allowed to be there. However the skipper of any Gondolas/SUPs/rowboats ect must observe simple navigation rules such as not not snaking, dropping in or otherwise clogging up the lineup. If they breach these fundamental conventions, their craft may be sunk by whatever means you have at your disposal. This might including naval gunfire, acoustic torpedoes or even just a bald pein hammer.

rushy's picture
rushy's picture
rushy Sunday, 28 Mar 2010 at 10:41pm

Bald Pein Hammer - that would be the one without hair, right?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 28 Mar 2010 at 11:37pm

ten years ago in Australia, if you werent riding what kelly slater was riding (6'2 x 2 1/4 x 18) thruster, YOU WERE A KOOK.

If you walked down the beach with an old single, surfers would sneer at you to 'get with the times' kook.

Why was that mentality so strong for so long, but here we are in 2010 and people can paddle out on ugly dangerous surfboards and no one says anything?

why is that?

Wow those were the good old days ay Mal,bahh let's ride what kelly's riding, bahh everyone must ride what kelly's riding bahh. You are truly an idiot mal, you've got no idea.

sup's picture
sup's picture
sup Monday, 29 Mar 2010 at 5:09am

63 Malibu...Mate i can understand short boards even dam body boards or surf mats but body surf, stop wasting everyones time and call someone who cares

petmc's picture
petmc's picture
petmc Monday, 29 Mar 2010 at 5:45am

63 Malibu...Get over yourself. I'm 55 y/o and have been surfing for the past 43 years. I've had open heart surgery, lower spine fusions, and even told I can't work/surf anymore. But guess what, I am able to both. I've been riding longboards for more years than I care to think about. I took up SUP's 8 months ago as an extension to my prone surfing and to keep me in the water longer. That's what it's all about.

You sound like you have given up on life mate and now just want to whinge because you can't compete for waves or hack it anymore. I wo'nt say bitter old longboarder(if in fact you did anything more than just flail your arms in the water like a seagull trying to take off). BTW do you use fins to help in your purist endeavor?

Mal, it's a dog eat world out there and in general surfers (all types) are the worst when it comes to themselves. I take surf etiquite quite seriously no matter what I ride. Believe it or not, there is a pecking order in the line-up which will sort out those that push it too far.

I've been hit by all sorts of surfcraft and they all hurt. Trying getting speared in the head by a shorty and tell me that don't hurt. Anyone can walk into a surfshop, buy any sort of board and cause mayhem. Don't lump us all into the same category. Kooks are kooks no matter what sort of board they've chosen to ride. BTW, Sups don't cost thousands of $'s as you ignorantly suggest.

Suggest you stop whinging, get out in the water and enjoy, isn't that what it's about.

Pete

fleshofswine's picture
fleshofswine's picture
fleshofswine Monday, 29 Mar 2010 at 7:39am

Goatboat riders finally got off their arses and stood up....now just let go of the paddle and your surfing...hahahaha phcukwits

poket-roket's picture
poket-roket's picture
poket-roket Monday, 29 Mar 2010 at 9:50am
e wrote:

if you cant get a good tube ride as a body surfer, you are not a real surfer.

I can get a pretty good tuberide on my arse every time I f*ck up a late drop. Does that count?

petmc's picture
petmc's picture
petmc Monday, 29 Mar 2010 at 10:37am

63 Mal....what didn't you get in my post. I still ride normal surfboards...doh...I did say as an extension to my prone surfing.

Fastest growing surf and flatwater sport in the world so get used to it or take up lawn bowls, croquette etc.

I don't SUP surf in crowded line-ups; I go further down the beach or elsewhere. That's the advantage of SUP's. Even on the crappiest of days I can still go out and have fun.

You really are a TOOL

End of story...not going to waste any more time on neanderthals like you.

jaffa1949's picture
jaffa1949's picture
jaffa1949 Monday, 29 Mar 2010 at 10:43am

Simple thought for all posting, it's not what you ride, it's your attitude of how you ride it!

sup-vic's picture
sup-vic's picture
sup-vic Monday, 29 Mar 2010 at 1:10pm

Hey Mal, I'm not going to call you names or anything but after reading this topic thought I should post. I have come from a surfing background but rarely prone surf anymore, initially because I snapped my archilles tendon snowboarding. SUP was the best rehab I could possibly get. Now I'm fit enough that I'm sure I could surf OK again but am SUP surfing more than ever purely because I'm enjoying it soooo much.

I just wanted to let you and other concered know that we www.supvic.com and retailers of SUP products are doing what we can to educate people who are keen to get into the surf for the first time. Paste this www.supvic.com/wp-content/Downloads/Surf Etiquette.pdf and you will see what I mean. Having surfed I can see how other surfers might be concerned and most of the SUP crew are aware of how they need to act to co exist in the line-up.

Having said that, some people will abuse it a hog waves but they could still easily do it on a big Mal. I'm not going to stereotype here but those guys will do it regardless of the type of surf craft they are riding.

SUP Vic is just an association that came about to help guide what is the inevitable growth of the sport. Like any sport, if it's not managed it could become a problem especially in the surf. All the east coast states now have something similar to bring everyone together and guide the sport. I, like you, hope SUP doesn't take over surf breaks, but you are going to see them in the water regardless. Lets just hope everyone gets their fair share of waves and leaves the beach with a smile!

Sorry, I can't get links to work.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010 at 2:15am

Maybe Sup riders could try spending as much time as posible between rides sitting on their boards.It,s ingrained in humans that things that seem bigger than you are dangerous.An old response to predators.So its no suprise that some people feel threated by someone standing over them.If you feel threatend use reason,its just someone standing while you are sitting.Wheres the threat?Once they are on a wave they are just as dangerous as any other board rider & the same rules apply.As far as a ban on Sups should we make laws for everybody based on the actions of a minority?The old days are over.The soul of surfing has always been in the wave not what you use to connect with it.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010 at 3:12am

" because longboards have been part of the culture for 50 years at least."

"Why wont SUP riders just ride a longboard like everyone else?"

Mal stand ups have been used for hundreds of years in Hawaii, though only by royalty.

I must get my glasses checked, as I hadn't noticed that everyone was surfing longboards. What a boring world if we did.

petmc's picture
petmc's picture
petmc Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010 at 7:44am
Quote:
63 Mal "Longboards can catch any wave a SUP can catch, but it is not as visually disturbing to others, or as dangerous.

I can see NO FUNCTION for an SUP that a longboard cannot achieve, rehabilitation from bodily injuries is a LAME excuse for wanting to ride a SUP. Go for a swim, do some stretching. Getting back into the surf, after a bodily injury with a big cumbersome vessel like an SUP is just an attempt at using emotional stuff to justify what you are doing." end quote

What a crock of shit.

supshortysail's picture
supshortysail's picture
supshortysail Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010 at 8:50am

1963- malibu - your obviously feeling quite inadequate about your ability to surf - so you take it out on "all sups"

Like all surf sports there are dickheads that think they rule the water - when mals made a come back and every fat useless surfer that couldn't surf a shorbopard got back into them - they thought they ruled the waves - luckily most of them pick the fatest crapest waves to surf and despite the board length still struggle to paddle into anything.

Some of us refuse to ride mals because we feel they are lame - including our mates that ride them - but we can still all surf together and have a friggin good time
I am happy to ride my short board (for 30+ years) or SUPs but wouldn,t be seen dead on a Mal (a poor excuse for fat surfers who couldn't surf anymore) but there are some genuinely good surfers out there on them as well

I hope I see you in the water one day - please identify yourself casue I'll be the one smiling and chatting with my surfing mates, sitting down out the back sometimes and calling the sets - having a few - while you sit there whingeing and moaning about "all the SUPs in the water".

Any way SUPn and Sufins only something to pass the time till the wind kicks in and the wavesailors and kites take over

jasons's picture
jasons's picture
jasons Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010 at 10:39am

Get used to it boys, old blokes (with mustaches) on big boards they don't handle well is just happening whether we like it or not. Trek down a quiet track on somewhere with no crowds, its far more enjoyable than stepping off a staircase into the surf with 30 other guys and gals

curly2alex's picture
curly2alex's picture
curly2alex Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010 at 11:38am

I've been riding SUP for over 2 years after riding shortboards for over 25 years. And while I hated at the beginning I've grown to love it as it gets me in the water when its 1-2 foot and perfect conditions but too small to have FUN on a shorty. I surf for FUN and fitness. Pretty sure sitting on a mal waiting for a 1 foot wave is no exercise at all while standing and using your core strength to balance on a SUP is ! And there lies the difference body surfing guru(1963-malibu). It's about having FUN and some fitness thrown in. Yes I can dominate the lineup if I choose but I know better. The kooks you describe are there to learn so why not teach them instead of being a sook waiting for someone else to do it. And most SUP boards can turn just like a mal, although hard to top turn because of the volume. Really mate you gotta stop and realise the rot inside of you 1963-malibu. You say you can get barrelled body surfing but can you come out of the tube onto the face...I doubt it. My 6 year old son can pull into barrells body surfing! I live at Alexandra Headland which is like "burger town" even when it's 4-6 foot so yeah I take it out then too because it's FUN doing full rail cutbacks! We are not all the same you goose and like someone else said all boards are dangerous in the wrong hands so we are all probably lucky you don't ride one!!!
On a footnote I do enjoy snaking mal riders after watching them do it to me and everyone else for so long and boy don't they hate it!
Admit it malibu-1963 you're all washed up and and a sad old man. Move aside and get a motorised scooter and watch from the beach whilst WE have fun......

sup-vic's picture
sup-vic's picture
sup-vic Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010 at 12:16pm

I wrote about 10 paragraphs but had to delete, there is no reason to try change you opinion 63Mal.

Generalisations, comments without thinking, personal digs makes me think you are just very confused and bitter. Probably due to something a lot deeper than a few guys standing up on boards. This is just an observation.

I know a lot of people that SUP (not all). I can assure you standing up in the line-up has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with why people SUP. If it is such an eye sore to you I'd suggest you swim between the flags like others have said. No SUPs there.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 30 Mar 2010 at 9:57pm

Hey Mal, your not the the guy I accidently pissed on whilst I was standing on my sup between set's. Sorry mate you were just so low down there I didn't notice you, as you swam past.(I was aiming for the longboarder)

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 31 Mar 2010 at 12:34am

On the other hand it is a GOOD THING that you are getting stoked riding small waves. My argument is that IF you have never tried a longboard and the SUP was your answer, you are missing out on a world of stoke by ruling out any surfing vessel. For you surfers out there who are longboarders and have gone to a SUP and you surf really well on them, good luck to you, but i still think a longboard can do everything an SUP can, AND MORE.

You wont be 'pissing on me' or seeing me in the water, because i find SUP so ugly to look at, i will be wandering down an isolated sandy track, as Jason suggested.

I love the way you constantly contradict yourself Mal, and good on you for having so many boards, personally I would just confuse myself with that many to choose from. I suppose that's why you bodysurf, you just can't make up your mind and just say bugger it,I won't take any.
I'll know who you are when we meet, you'll be the bloke swearing and cussing at the end of the sand track when he finds me having a SUP by myself, as usual.

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Wednesday, 31 Mar 2010 at 12:56am

I have no problem with which choice of craft you wish to ride the sea dictates that.It just seems certain craft attract certain characters people who put all their eggs in one basket miss the point.Hardcore SUP riders the ones that will ride if it's 1ft up to whatever their limits are seem to be a certain type of individual.I can't see the problem with the craft Mal but I can see a problem with the type of user.Same sort of thing happend with the "modern mal" which seemed to attract a certain type also.The old "I only ride it in 1 to 2ft becomes "shit it's chockers I"m taking out my SUP"screw them.Then the craft seems to be permately on the roof "just in case" Just in case its 1ft just in case it's pumping and I want my quota.Now this isn't all people's attitude thank fuck so Mal cheer up and ride SUP hell you might even have some fun.

petmc's picture
petmc's picture
petmc Wednesday, 31 Mar 2010 at 1:27am

63 Mal,

Check this out...some shorties, longies, kiters and sups all enjoying the stoke.

http: //vimeo.com/10496798

Pete

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Thursday, 1 Apr 2010 at 4:47am

Theres no way in hell you catch me on a SUP!! unless i become old and fat...