SUP's SUCK

1963-malibu's picture
1963-malibu started the topic in Tuesday, 16 Mar 2010 at 10:54pm

Surely if we have an ounce of dignity left in our surf culture we would ban these ugly/dangerous boats from surf spots.

What is wrong with us?

Why does no one STAND UP and tell them to FUCK OFF?

Why are there now contests on with these ugly things?

It is just going to get worse with more of them in the water.

Why are surfers buying magazines that support the SUP thing?

Why are people buying into it?

I have lost a lot of faith in crew like Joel Tudor/Gerry Lopez ETC who have posed with these ugly ugly boats.

Why do surfers continue to support the industry which pushes this crap out into the water?

This SUP tricky turning, waving arms about and cross stepping is just another showpony surfing thing, like everything else in surfing. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, look at my wonderful turns. NO, you suck you look like an idiot and no one wants to see you standing up paddling around. You are ruining surfing, just by being in the water.

Take your boat up the river and dont come back,

The ONLY place for a SUP is in big waves, preferably with Laird on board or older Hawaiian gents going for a gentle paddle with grace.

1963-malibu's picture
1963-malibu's picture
1963-malibu Monday, 10 May 2010 at 11:39pm

A new Facebook page calling for people to be aware of the dangers of SUP's

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=121485717863864&ref=ts

bodyboarder_2's picture
bodyboarder_2's picture
bodyboarder_2 Tuesday, 11 May 2010 at 5:25am

most of the long boarders and sups out in the breaks across sydney are just dangerouse i mean when ever a sizey wave comes through and they are stuck in the inside they bail there boards which then become missiles to everyone else. i have lost count of the near misses i have out there with these craft

rule303's picture
rule303's picture
rule303 Sunday, 6 Jun 2010 at 6:44am

In the 80's we had goat boaters they were eventually wiped out from embarrasement So will be the case in a few years with SUP, I dont get the SUP thing ride a mal their more fun.
Just another marketing ploy to get suckers to part with their money.
If you have not tried one dont worry you will be able to pick one up at a garage sale in 5 years for $20