Undergound heroes

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Tuesday, 4 Mar 2014 at 5:08pm

Every surf community has them. They rip. They rip big time. But no accolades, no hype, no sponsors, just memories scarred into fellow surfers minds of these guys catching and tearing "your local" apart. They are usually humble, friendly characters.
In a "music sense", they are the "Minor threats", the "Where's the pope's", "Depression". Some even got a bit of airplay like "Cosmic Psychos"....
My underground hero would have to be "Spart", short for Sparticus... One of my best mates for life.... Taught me so much back in the 90s... With his guidance, I went from an "intermediate surfer" to a charger capable of holding my own, and even turning a few heads at our boardriders in Coolum..... A hard marker, no compliments. Always pretended he didn't see that "off the lip", be he did :). At 6 foot3, (I'm 6.1), he showed me how to rip small stuff, and not do that stupid "hop". I won't share his tip, one of the best small wave/ big man tips I've ever had.
And could the guy rip...... Fuck could he rip....... Was not on 1, not 2 , but 3 tracks covers in the 70/80s, all at Anga'. Surfed 12 -15foot Sunset in the pro class trials as a teenager...... Beat Ratso Buchanan for the Kiwi open..... A freekn legend in NZ....
One massive swell at Point Perry Coolum, he just put everyone to the sword, never forget that day, He owned Cyclonic ti tree, Platforms.
He had a massive heart attack a couple of years back. Artery so collapsed they couldn't put a stent in. No more surfing.......... Still fixes boards up on the hill at Coolum. Still has a laugh......
Greg "Spart" Rhodes, you're my undergound hero,,,, "boy".... Miss ya Bro'.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 1:51pm

Udo -this will crack you up - ps - my fave spot of all time, such a shame they didn't score the left on the other side of the island, one of the best, heaviest lefts on the east coast at 6 to 8 ese.......

R.I.P Peter Troy

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 1:57pm

Bru, Keith Martin spent much Indo time also. He had a shot of him in his loungeroom that could have been Pipe, it wasn't, it was Sunshine Beach, taken out the front of his house by then missus Lyn. Last I heard he was living in ?Fiji? . Bruce's ol' man, Max, also happened to own the Pamona Hotel, very handy for free red lemonades and pool. Bruce had numerous hawaiin seasons and once we thought he wasn't coming back.

Uppo, Richie West / Cundith / Greenough & Co., all have the same Tom Morey / Pope @ Ventura. Ca., and then Wilderness surfboards, Santa Barbara. Ca., lineage. PS. ot, got quinoa in the rice cooker today.

Uds, Dave Smith still larger than life, got into snowboarding a bit, lives up northern goldie I think, mainly surfs the beachies.

***I'm sure all these sorta guys would be stoked to be remembered in such high regard.

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 2:03pm

Dave Plant, I think originally from Tassie. Absolute charger, there was a photo hanging in Southern Surf of Dave hanging in the lip of 15' windblown Bluff, of which the witness account is he made the drop free falling most of the way before connecting, pulling in and making it all the way to the channel. Twenty years later the photo has disappeared, even PB has no knowledge of it's whereabouts, damn shame that, would love a copy for inspiration of committed in tough environs.

Watched Dave surf some serious waves in my youth, back when I was way out of my league to paddle out into the maelstrom.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 2:17pm

Thorton Fallander............absolute legend and 'still riding the storm'.
Freeride TC sosa that Fallander tube ?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 2:17pm

Oi Brutus, does Jeff/Geoff Tarr make it on your Vic list? The tar baby, yeah! Mate, Wayne Dale, nuff said!

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 2:36pm

Jeff King was the man at Bells, don't even think he went in any contests.

I don't think you could rate any young surfers as underground as the first thing they do is post it on youtube.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 3:07pm

Saw Thornton spear a beast on a high tide at Big Groyne.....I think Cyclone Anne/Agi. Ten foot and so fucking thick with current raging like a river.

Him Al Byrne, Wayne Deane and another underground legend on a yellow single fin no leggy. Bloke with a limp....anyone know him?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 3:40pm

Uplift,I threw Yazzie in there out of respect as I have seen him do shit paddling I have never seen anyone else do,on daus soooo big...if he makes a mistake,game over.....and he is one of the most humble guys I know...a real big wave rider..

and uplift I was watching Fox Footy last nite and the coach of the Adelaide Crows jumped on board the leaner is meaner bus...by saying the pre-season was about getting their players to lose their bulk,and slim down to have more aerobic fitness......like a lot of other clubs have been doing..hmmmm

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 3:51pm

Yazzy rides a waimea bay closeout & gets into the finals of billbong xxl awards . If i knew how to put links up i would . Google its on youtube. He lives in newy nowdays

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 4:07pm

Lenny the bushmen from New Brighton. Shaped all his own boards, no leggy plugs. Made many pros look stupid in Hawaii.
Watched him take on twenty foot outer reef seventh hole at Kahuku on a giant north swell. No leggy. no way to swim in if he lost his board. Rode twenty foot lefts by himself.
I heard he's living in Mildura, goes down south and rides a kneeboard. Anyone seen him?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 4:27pm

Jeff king was a classic....rode twin fins in Big bells...did a few comps broke my favourite Twin also...bastard!!

Keith martin runs a surf camp in....Tonga I think!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 4:49pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

Duttz & A.C. Gaul?! How da bejeezus did they get in there? Next it'll be Rosie, Cambora, Ralph Cooney, Craig Cross,Thornie, Moose, Hosko & Danny Green! Get the fuck outta here. On a serious note, what about Andy Campbell from Tassie? Saw him up the bluff last century, pre-Shippies hysteria, RIPPING. Thought it was Margo in his prime as we were walking up the point. Good egg to boot. AND FUCKEN KYL (I/IE/E) MANCHESTER! OFCOURSE! R.I.P.P.I.N.
Oh, and this bloke:
http://www.swellnet.com/news/talking-heads/2013/10/28/brett-herring-stay...

Yeah Andrew Campbell has balls bigger than anyone I've ever seen, had a bit of big head and mouth on him when younger but good guy once you got to know him, expect much mellower now, lives over in Bali these days.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 5:30pm

One of the "younger" blokes in Coolum (shit, he'd be mid 30s at least now) who can still "knock the top off it" is a bloke named Chris Kendall. Top bloke too. Had some funny times round at Fergos place. FERGO!!!!!!!! Chris never went hardcore on the comp scene. But he still dominates at the local boardriders. He's just happy being the family man, running the coolum surf school..... Makin' a buck outa the thing he loves....

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 6:59pm

Think Jeff King came up to the Goldie and was a teacher at our high school (PBC) when I was in my final years. The grey grommet filled me in on his legendness, and that was back then.

Freeride, do you ever bump into Paul Callaghan up your neck of the woods ? or Robert Fenech. and who's the guy who shapes/d the MR boards, natural footer, top bloke.

Was good when the Byron / Ballina boys would come surf in the Qld titles, even if they were cockroaches. We'd have 1 round each at Sunny, Goldie & Byron/ Ballina.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 7:53pm

Rob Fenech or Gypo is living down near Minnie Water now, underground, still shaping some nice boards.

shaper of MR boards????? Mark Plater, Bob Margieson, Crispy, Buzz?/.....another bloke who got the Sky label, name escapes me right now?...real good surfer/shaper. I think Mark Plater has the licence for MR boards.

Paul I haven't seen for a while, heard he was going to the Phillos a bit. Don't know where he is.

edit: Neil Cormack?

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 8:28pm

Now, now, now, just relaxe bruteless, calm down. I know yazzie can surf. All of those newy guys foolishly spent plenty of time at blacks, foolishly surfing what to you is a mere, gutless little slop banger. They were a bunch of competitive shit stirrers, and pounced on every opportunity they could. It was fun and games with them, I used to love stirring them up, and visa versa. And yazzie's wipeout was a shocker, no crime though... well, as if, pulverised by, to you, just a useless, little, dribbler. Really rocked him though, and in fact it was me that defended the poor guy, as the others, led by a sneering homer, had already written him off, and were quickly rifling through his car like vicious, ruthless heyenas. I had to chase the whole lot of em off and let him limp out of town a broken man. So that's that angle resolved, now to the other, off topic one, your elite fitness savvy angle.

hmmmmm, late night footy, hmmmmmm. Ever heard of Taylor Walker?

'No one has stood out more than Taylor Walker during Crows pre-season training, says coach Brenton Sanderson.'

'Sanderson said Walker “looks awesome and really fit’’

'Sanderson said his 192cm, 100kg powerhouse had been “meticulous’’ with his rehabilitation and would return a more-rounded player than the one who led Adelaide’s goalkicking with 63 in his last full season in 2012.

MORE: CHARLIE CAMERON IN LINE FOR ROOKIE PROMOTION

“I’ve been really impressed with Tex,’’ Sanderson said.

“No one has probably jumped off the page more or had such an improvement in leadership and the way they carry themselves around a footy club since I walked into the door in 2011 than Tex.

“He’s in our leadership group now and the way he’s handled himself with his rehab from a really serious knee injury is a real credit to him.

“Fingers crossed that he comes back and doesn’t have any issues because he’s still only a kid, he’s only 23 and has seven, eight or nine years of really good footy ahead of him.’’'

The fucken idiots, eh coach bruteless.

Still, he's, athletic enough to maybe get a job as punter in the NFL.

Look, lets clear the ice, so to speak, and fix all this now:

I, a Mr Up - Lift, formally nominate a Mr bruteless cole, as 'the' underground legend at blacks, who (with witnesses, wayne, the brazillians, waynes mate steve, dougy fritzy, reno, gerry, alby, wayne, and wayne, and megsy and wayne, and the brazillians, and wayne) treated blacks like a sloppy piece of pussy dribble, belting and riding the shit out of it, before storming off to surf a massive, massive secret right hander, on what was, according to wayne, the best day ever at the peak of the best ever swell.

There, I've respectfully relented. But please bruteless, I know Ben would want me to ask you to please try and refrain from any ludicrous off topic answers, simply trying to put the limelight on you and RCJ, the worlds greatest, athlete.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 8:43pm

Hey Uplift .

When if ever , are you NOT in your own stories .....

Seriously i can feel the gravitational pull from here , tides are all fucked and all .

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 8:54pm

Hey, soufle, hey!!!! Its not my fucken fault, look I did what Camster told me to, and awesome, I came up on top... deluxe!

https://www.google.com.au/#q=Yazzie+rides+waimea+bay+close+out

Hey!!! what do I win... there's still a bit of room alongside me Swellnet 500 trophy.

grog-an's picture
grog-an's picture
grog-an Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 8:56pm

hey Southey, leave upsydaisy alone. he was an underground charger in his own rite. never once saw him pull back out at blacks, when it was 2-3ft. He did go missing quite a bit when it got much bigger

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 8:57pm

Classic thread Sheepie.

Fuck me, never heard of most of these blokes, they are all coming out of the cob webs now thanks to you dog. Nice one.

Better to be under a bridge tho, than under the ground....?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 9:30pm

Couldnt see it in that link uplift ? Are u just joking . U need his real name not nickname i think , i found it easily so it must be simple

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 9:37pm

Why would I joke about something like that, and risk getting knuckled by bruteless. Anyway, when I saw my name I got excited and thought I won something. Should I keep looking... if its that easy help me and post the link.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 9:50pm
uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 9:55pm

Can you verify that please camster?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 10:22pm

Its rare that i understand wat your saying upster . I dunno wat youse both are on about now .

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 10:31pm

sorry caml ... was just taking the piss . interestingly it was Sooke news . Uplifts favourite rag .
just say his name and uplift will disapear into the eather .

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 10:41pm
caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 10:59pm

Yeah saw the link it was a decent joke

hippys's picture
hippys's picture
hippys Thursday, 6 Mar 2014 at 11:04pm

straight up Craig Walgers radical , beautiful to watch .

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 6:43am

Mark Plater, that's him. Thanks Freeride.

Philos sounds about right for PC. I can imagine him happily somewhere like that.

agree hippy, Craig Walgers was class.

Rossy Philips, Craig Gunnis.

B-Lee got a mention back up there somewhere, I have a sneaky memory he made the finals of the Pro-Class trials on his first trip to Hawaii, took a bomb at Sunset.

I guess there are different dimensions of surfers noted here, and what classifies heroes & legends. On one hand you have the chargers / nut cases, on another you have the rad freaks, then you have the stylemasters from gens past. All just as valid as each other IMO.

Surfing isn't just about BIG waves any more than Yoga is about being a rubber chicken.

Like which is better, a BIG short barrel, or a smaller longer barrel ? Depends on your venues, depends on your capacity. It's relative I guess .

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 7:02am

Paddy Ryan, Sandy Ryans father was was one of the best surfers I've seen at Express, Phillip Island. True style master, impeccable timing.

Sid, the smaller longer barrel is way better, lasts longer and takes more skill to weave your way out.But on a satisfaction level, about the same.

You don't need a lot of skill to be a good big wave rider. Before you jump on me about this comment I said "good" not "hot"

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 7:58am

Wellymon and morris; Cheers wellsy, as long as the bridge aint westgate or hobart. A happy troll needs a decent roof over his head ;) ps - check out the old beasts hanging for their dear lives
http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4624882-3x2-940x627.jpg

morris - Ahhh Express point..... Back in the late 80s, a young sheepdog pup went on a classic Aussie roadtrip...... Anyway, got to penguinland, and...... fuck..... Now, being the internet, and me being a faceless entity, I could say this young goofy sheepdog paddled out and got laybacked off his nut..... But hey, honesty brings respect..... I sat there, whimpering, whining like a dog in a thunderstorm.. "i can handle Burleigh, Kirra,,, my backhand is ok"..... Um....... No it aint!!! So I just sat there watching, a qlder enjoying for the first time how good it feels to piss in a steamer ;)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 8:04am
morris wrote:

Paddy Ryan, Sandy Ryans father was was one of the best surfers I've seen at Express, Phillip Island. True style master, impeccable timing.

Sid, the smaller longer barrel is way better, lasts longer and takes more skill to weave your way out.But on a satisfaction level, about the same.

You don't need a lot of skill to be a good big wave rider. Before you jump on me about this comment I said "good" not "hot"

I think you mean Matt Ryan.

Speaking of Phillip Island surfers, both Gremmie and Vaughny are guys id give my vote too.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 8:45am

Yes I do Indo. It was 35 years ago.

Yeah sheepdog, it's hard for queenslanders to get used to viccos wave as they're fat and they don't barrel. ;-D

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 8:54am

hehheheheee Morris.... Luv ya work ;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 9:50am

Amazed no one has brought up "GT". Was on the hill at the Stubbies when he got that barrell. Think it was Critta he knocked out. Don't quote me on that.... I suppose he wasn't "underground", but certainly wasn't a "spotlighter". Definite legend in gods country
"GT" -

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 10:22am

Hahah Uplift I had the pleasure of meeting Les Norrish. What a loose cannon! We had just done a trip up to Quobba and were heading south, out at Jakes, only small but he was at the top of the point looking about 70 years old in his hand-made fibreglass white helmet (which looked like he literally wrapped his head in resin soaked bandages of 6oz and let it dry in the sun before removing it... kinda like you do with paper mashe' on a baloon) yelling at a booger to fuck-off or he'll bash him. So I paddle up and sit on his outside and he starts telling me that if you look up his name on the internet he has a bodyboarders hate site named after him..."Les Norrish, Look it up!" after a bit of sizing up he asks where I'm from... from there we got talking about Sunshine coast and Straddy etc (im a Brizzo) even let me have a few leftover waves haha. Then back in the carpark he's ranting to someone else about bashing boogieboarders and as we drive out I give him a wave and he says "Straddie boy, i'll hook you with a right later!"
funny fella.

Another mention above was Thornton Fallander, I never met him but I spent 2 years (best years of my life) living down in Yamba and his sons- cant remember their names (Matt & ???) - only young chargers, still in high school and you would always see them out at Spooks when it was makking and closing out the bay, taking the biggest ones they could get on these awesome yellow guns the old man probably made for them. They have a good crack at it.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 10:23am

oh uplift..thank your for your continuing great works of fiction......I can read between the lines how envious you are of real stories,real surfers........and then you go on and post...

nothing comments from brenton sanderson ,couldn't you find where he said..the team had slimmed down this year so that they would have more aerobic capaicity,which means ...bulking up means lees aerobic capacity...and pray tell...does surfing need aerobic capacity??

I think another really underrated surfer was Neil Luke from the Island,with Matt Ryan......

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 11:35am

On the Island Express , Steve Demos & Dugga . stood out in my mind . Tony Ringa paid his dues there too .

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 12:16pm

Sheepie, GT Timpo was my grommiehood hero too. Think he got 2 x 3rds at the Stubbies, it was awesome to watch him take the top off off some of those Burleigh sets. And there ya go uppo, Timpo, Cundiths #1 rider - double concave fluted flyer swallow twinnies - very choice piece of machinery, I would happily still ride one now. Fuck, Timpo was a solid bloke with a lotta power for a twinfin and he would push them to the very edge just before they became twinspins. Some of the Byron boys tell me, in between fucked back periods, he still throwin a mal round just the same.

I think a GT got mentioned back up there somewhere but I figured it was GT Gary Taylor from Morn Peninsula.

I'll chuck in for the Viccos... Rambo, cos he rips, he's got nuts, he's just such a damn nice bloke, and I Love him

and Pete Johnno, cos he rip too, HE IS NUTS, and he's just one of those guys that colors the world loud, and we need guys like him to save us from the meek inheriting the earth, and I Love him too.

Plus one for the Central Coasters ... Bryden 'Cowsbreath' Gailbraith, ditto as Rambo.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 3:37pm

Oh bruteless, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh yes, the lines. No need to read between any lines that you know fuck all about fitness, or training, and even used to openly bag it on here, but suddenly about faced when you realised that you needed to keep the image up.

Actually Surfing the wave is anaerobic, power based. Waves don't last long at all. Paddling is aerobic, but also needs bursts of power, although in the comps, they use skis as well. There are prolonged periods of sitting in semi pro surfing, tons of recovery time, and heats only last 25 minutes. Again:

'No one has stood out more than Taylor Walker during Crows pre-season training, says coach Brenton Sanderson.'

'Sanderson said his 192cm, 100kg powerhouse had been “meticulous’’ with his rehabilitation and would return a more-rounded player than the one who led Adelaide’s goalkicking with 63 in his last full season in 2012.'

Tune 'im big mozza.

'gidday maaaayte, me farkin name's farkin mozza farkin cole, dun a bit a farkin trainin' in me farkin day I 'ave, wayne seen me aye, an me an RCJ, the worlds greatest athlete are 'ere to put yar through yar farkin' paces, yar 100 kilo fat, slow cunt...'

Pray all you like. And trim the semi pros down to 25 kg if you like, the fans will love it.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 3:48pm

had any bites lately????

ahhhhplift.........c'mon mate slim down ,stop taking the hook line and sinker....and deliver a bit of anaerobic antedotes for us dolts that just don't get being a beefcake!!

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 3:56pm

Had ya ages ago bruteless, gut hooked ya with a soft plastic, 'shit 'imself at blacks' surface popper. Keep throwing ya back, but, hey, ya can't resist the thing.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 4:15pm

Mornington Peninsula-Ian Portingale,Mick Pierce,Phil Trigger[came 5th. Bells 73]and special mention to Ted Bainbridge coz it was never too big for Ted.Phillip Island-Malcolm{fang} Gregson.John Mason,tube rider extraordinaire

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 4:28pm

--- ahhhhplift.........c'mon mate slim down , stop taking the hook line and sinker....---

Fuck Off Brutus, Leave the fishing up to me, Right ? Good .

You too Uppo.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 4:39pm

whooaa.I didn't mention my favourite.Does anyone remember Mr. Weir.he used to surf the island and M.P. in the early seventies.HE was about 60 then and drove around in an old EH bogged up with fibreglass.everyone just called him Mr. Weir.You have to remember no-one those days surfed at that age.His son Moon could surf too

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 4:46pm

Zappa wybrow.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 5:40pm

good read this one s dog good call ! lotsa the names are from an era just a bit older than mine but yeah have heard of most o them underground legends . when some one mentioned sandy ryan and his old man ,thought well its time for a bit younger crew to be named , sandy ryan ! hell yeah , was that cowes galbraith ? met him once 20 yr ago when he won a comp at rotto ,he still rips hey? i cant name em all but heres acupla more , travis potter, karl beadham ,shannan worrall,boordo,chris ross,neil wackett, lochie c,mick tomlinson,tony hardy. and some of them guys already mentioned like curtis,yaz,les. well theres a few and some young fellas too like lochie from the bluff . theres more but cant think of em at moment ...

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 5:52pm

oh fuck. ZAPPA ...

Uppo, Straddie wasn't the only locale' Johnny Boy got sent on, he also got a sawn offf shot gun, conceiled under a trench coat, stuck under his nose, in the Kirra carpark.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 6:49pm

That sounds pretty radical sid. I don't like that guns style stuff, but the Specht thing was just wanting to sort out face to face. Those days are pretty much finished now though, its the new era of court orders, restraining orders etc.

And like has been previously mentioned, underground is pretty gone too, went ages ago. It was an absolute no no showing photos in most 'underground' places back then, now its the total opposite. Just changing times.

Because we loved the left hander, we used to hear some good stories about John Batcheldor.