more started the topic in Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014 at 9:51am

few fave short slabs

www.MOREsurfboards.com

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 3 May 2014 at 7:13am

Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

the fighting gordons? hmmmmm

A two board quiver...la de dah. Look who grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 3 May 2014 at 12:17pm

Here's my quiver, if anyone wants to buy one, I'm selling them at "half" price.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 8:55am

The fighting Gordons are a mighty clan...there's the mid/west coast members who seem to be Big Lifty's comrades in arms, and then there's the south coast 'red' Gordons, resisting attempts to be entirely driven out of their ancestral lowlands by right-wing Sassenach bastids (one down, one to go!). Anyways, enough of that shit, here's Mongo!

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 6:00pm

Looks like a job for Duttsy, although Gaul would put in a beautiful piece of repairmanship, and craftsmanship.

I had to break up an incredible battle years ago, as one of the 'Fighting gordons' and another infamous, scrapper extraordinaire, 'Heidi Van Vanity' took each other to task in the water. It began as a savage verbal stoush, which it seemed like Gordon was winning, as he claimed his uncle was the first sealer to land in Elliston and build a shed (next to camslesses which was already there) in 1503. However, Van Vanity blitzed him with a montage of self portrait photos, many in sepia tone, and an endless variety of special effects, evening things out. Both then launched into a series of unconventinal, almost indescribable, flailing slaps, and scratches, that although they looked... well kind of effeminate, severely disabled both of them. I dragged them apart screaming like banshees. I might add that whilst this was going on PeteT snaffled both of their photographic teams and used up all of their remaining film, on a sepia toned, body english montage. Interesting times.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 1:15am

I was going to say , until Shoredump humoured us with his collection
( PS .Ocean Image is copping a flogging in the reputation stakes with that shot ) .
I was going to say there is a few Quivers there in pristine condition , i'd be ashamed to show an image of the dozen or so boards I have and still ride ... They " look " like veritable war wounded , with rough bush / jungle fixes along the way .... I can't put my self through the agony of letting some of 'em go . Until they snap they are family , it seems though that some are just " battle hardened " , and refuse to give in ....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 7:16am
southey wrote:

Until they snap they are family . ....

Wait till you ever have to settle a 'Will' Southey......?
They start snapping lef,t right and centre, that's when you stack them on the car roof and drive off.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 8:25am

southey wrote:

I can't put my self through the agony of letting some of 'em go . Until they snap they are family , it seems though that some are just " battle hardened " , and refuse to give in ....

Can't remember the last time I sold a board. It'd be over a decade ago. Ride 'em till they die, and the ones that survive get a lifetime pension in the racks. The odd few that don't work get chucked under the house like deformed freaks from a John Waters film.

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 9:04am
udo wrote:

Who shaped those boards ? brand ?

Juan Kempes...Omnivore (5 finners).

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 17 Jun 2014 at 6:17pm

I got a picture from a great mate of mine who lives on the "Rock" a little drive away from Melbourne, VIC.

Thought I would share this picture, he loves to surf this bloke.........! Champion.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 18 Jun 2014 at 1:38pm

What a quiver that is! Have a prick of a time deciding which board to ride.

mick-free's picture
mick-free's picture
mick-free Wednesday, 18 Jun 2014 at 2:35pm

Ha you would always have the wrong board when you turned up at the beach too

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 18 Jun 2014 at 3:32pm

Classic, I think he's pretty onto it tho ;)

Looks like a few good old single fins in there, not sure about those square things...?
He is only a little wee strong fella so he could probably ride anything hahahahaha.
The funny thing is he doesn't even know I have consent to put this to the public....;)
Thats the funny part eh....!

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 18 Jun 2014 at 3:35pm

I counted 56 boards...?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 18 Jun 2014 at 5:20pm

Black one front row a MC tow board ?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 18 Jun 2014 at 6:13pm

68 boards apparently Udo,

Quote Udo "Black one front row a MC tow board ?"

Yeah I wouldn't doubt that for sure , I will ask my ropey brother..
I say that, as I work on the rigs with him on the ropes :) Wicked Cat for sure, hahahahhaha

Fuck Udo, you got the eye mate.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 18 Jun 2014 at 9:29pm

Yeah it's a full carbon fibre Maurice cole tow board, the one with the lightening bolt single fin is a real early Maurice cole board also.

15,000 dollars the single fin without the tumor, just come see me Udo, I'll get you a better deal ;)

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Thursday, 18 Sep 2014 at 10:40am

Finally got around to building myself a board rack the other day... no more stacking, only racking boards from now on, yew.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 18 Sep 2014 at 11:53am

Very nice, what's that weird long-board skatey? Looks like a snowboard with wheels.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 18 Sep 2014 at 12:35pm

Nice one tripper! Once you get a rack you never go back;)

trippergreenfeet Thursday, 18 Sep 2014 at 1:57pm
Craig wrote:

Very nice, what's that weird long-board skatey? Looks like a snowboard with wheels.

Haha, the slalom skatey... that's an old single ski, mate of mine made it for shit's and giggles, goes alright too.

yorkessurfer wrote:

Nice one tripper! Once you get a rack you never go back;)

Funny how the simple things bring much joy.
Was a real bargain - 5.8m length of 3x2 free off Mitre Ten's reject pile, four broom sticks for $20 and an hours work. Cut, bolt, load... stand back and admire:)

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 17 Nov 2015 at 5:19pm

Moth (Dan Ross' impressive quiver)..

A photo posted by Moth (@mothf1) on

A video posted by Moth (@mothf1) on

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 17 Nov 2015 at 6:35pm

Bloody hell. Someone build Moth a board rack!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 17 Nov 2015 at 8:14pm

I just spent the day with an INCREDIBLE surfer.

And the extent of my quiver makes me feel embarrassed .

It's as though you'd pulled your cock out next to John Holmes and told him about your cock ring collection.....hectic.

Admittedly, this surfer is proper world class...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 17 Nov 2015 at 8:33pm

And having said that ....

Even for that legend, who will be relegated to the memory bin sooner or later, it's all about FUN !

So if you've got a few boards that provide superior fun in varying conditions then rock on...

Apologies for the contrary opinions, I've just had the bedrock of my personal surfing world shaken by a couple of days slashing with an outrageous talent, the type of surfing that makes you seriously question what the fuck you have been doing for the last couple of decades .

mothart's picture
mothart's picture
mothart Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 9:24am

Wish they would build me some gates instead, Ben.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 9:40am

Saw Dan Ross at the Point this winter with a cherry little bonzer shaped by Baddy.
Couldn't see it in the quiver shot.
Post it up Moth if you got a shot of it, that thing worked unreal.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 9:40am

Maybe it's an "inside" board.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 10:02am

I'm hocking off a few boards for space...space for more boards that is. Figured I'd try 'em here and see if anyone is keen before venturing over to Vintage Surfboard Collectors or eBay.

Bob Hansen G&S, 6'8, early 70s. 8/10, deck is unreal, few pressure cracks on bottom, original fin. $250

img_8784.jpg
img_8785.jpg

Wilderness single fin. Can't find shapers sig but there's a build up of glass where fin has been reset. Figured it to be Brock, Bluey Mayes, or Michael Cundith. Bob Mac having left by then. Have seen an almost identical spray on another Wilderness but unfortunately the bottom is real bad on this board - might have to be a resto job. Overall condition, 4/10, but it's a Wilderness, right? $70.
img_8778.jpg
img_8780.jpg

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 10:05am

Can't see the last two Stu, is that at my end ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 10:08am

Glenn Minami Blue Hawaii from the Pottz era. PCS and Gorilla Grip places it '89/'90. Lovely cream bulee colour on top but bottom is fine. Very few dings, all watertight. All labels under the glass. 6/10. $75.

img_8792.jpg
img_8793.jpg

Greg Clough Aloha. Standard mid-80s shapes with blocky rails, generous outline, belly channels, with single hip square tail. Period Rip Curl sticker! 4/10. $50.

img_8789.jpg
img_8790.jpg

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 10:18am

Richie West-shaped Cooper. Turbo Design! About 6'3" with 'big boy' dimensions - it's thick. Has three finboxes and board comes with three red fins (couldn't be arsed screwing them in for the photo shoot). Nice spray, very good condition. 8/10. $200.

img_8799.jpg
img_8800.jpg
img_8801.jpg

Don Burford 80s thruster, about 6'2". No shapers sig so it's not Neal Purchase snr. Classic period fluro 'flicks' on the deck, four channels, colour layered fins. 7/10. $150.

img_8797.jpg
img_8798_0.jpg

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 10:19am

freeride76 wrote:

Can't see the last two Stu, is that at my end ?

I think so. Posted 'em all the same time and the same way.

Anyone else see 'em?

mothart's picture
mothart's picture
mothart Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 10:24am

Sorry FR76 wrong Dan Ross, I'm the short, fat, unfit kook model.
AKA moth.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 10:50am

Ah no worries, yep can see 'em now.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 10:59am

@danielsaann instagram - power hack on a baddy bonzer.