6,4 Mick Pierce truster fish

OLD MATE's picture
OLD MATE's picture
OLD MATE Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014 at 10:47pm

How do u post pics?

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014 at 11:00pm

imgur.com/ is easy Old Mate, you dont need an account there, just upload to the site and re-post the link here

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 12:02pm

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 12:20pm

Now THAT is a quiver! You got most bases covered there FG. How big is the Bonzer at far right?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 12:57pm

Two photos from my shed. View of the rack. Fave shorty is third from left but busted the nose off recently, so riding the 5'9" third from right. First on left is 5'3" Mr Buzz by Stretch through Cory Surfboards in Torquay. Was on loan with sights to a review but it ain't for me - too small. Cory is gonna send a Super Buzz shortly which is closer to the dims I ride. Centre board is Wilderness singley shaped either by Chris Brock, Michael Cundith or Bluey Mayes. Did a bit of research and I'm pretty sure Greenough and McTavish had left Wilderness by the time that came off the racks.

q2.jpg

View of the rafters.

q1.jpg

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 1:00pm

Is that a Madonna poster bottom left corner?

Sorry.. meant to say.. love the look of that pintail. Is that an 8'0?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 1:06pm

Madonna? WTF??

That's a poster for 'Paris, Texas'. Harry Dean Stanton and Natassja Kinnski playing star crossed lovers in Wim Wenders epic fusion of Euro arthouse and American grit. 

Plus it's on the right.

Pintail with the reeeal pinny tail is 9'0".

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 1:17pm

touché

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 1:18pm

I'm more interested in the painting of some sort of ambush with the young Indian lass holding the gun??

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 1:21pm

Chinese lass. Learning to fire a gun for the greater good of the Chinese Communist Party.

Cos that's what they do in China.

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 1:40pm

Singapore Quiver.
Doesn't get used nearly enough, the 5'5" Potato gets a run in Malaysia and the longboard gets paddled around flat water to try and stay fit. Everything else is for a run to Indo.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 1:54pm

Living in Singapore and staring at all those channel botttoms: it's either torture or motivation.

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 2:15pm

8'2 Stu

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 2:20pm

"it's either torture or motivation" Its both depending on what day of the week.
The channels definitely don't get a run in Malaysia, although there is a pretty cool little surf culture building up there.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 2:20pm

fraser-gordon wrote:

8'2 Stu

It's a beautiful looking planshape - just sublime. The board almost looks like it pre-dates fin systems.

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 3:24pm

That's what we were going for Andy killed it all hand shaped from the get go absolute gem.

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 3:24pm

That's what we were going for Andy killed it all hand shaped from the get go absolute gem.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 3:38pm

stu , way to hot for those boards in the rafter rack stick a thermometer up there when the suns overhead - 50 deg plus under the clear sheets......any twist in the 9'0 ? or are the boards away from the clear sheets.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 3:52pm

Yeah, I thought it may be Udo, but there's two big spinning vents up there and they're always turning out the hot air. Prolly best to be safe though, eh? I've got a bit of space under the house where I can store the longer boards. Just have to turf out all the bottles of Grange...

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 3:55pm

I'll take the Grange off ya hands Stu .......

MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 4:04pm

i thought the same when I saw em up in the rafters, but didnt wanaa be a know it all...see some boards really hammered from bein up in roofs...

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 5:50pm

Just how do you lodge a photo again guys?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 16 Jan 2014 at 7:09pm

Floyd, upload your photo(s) to a photo share site like Imgur or Photobucket. Both are free and simple to use. Then grab the html code and post on here. It's fairly intuitive and you've always got the edit button if you bung it up.

sumo col's picture
sumo col's picture
sumo col Monday, 17 Feb 2014 at 6:00pm
stunet wrote:

Two photos from my shed. View of the rack. Fave shorty is third from left but busted the nose off recently, so riding the 5'9" third from right. First on left is 5'3" Mr Buzz by Stretch through Cory Surfboards in Torquay. Was on loan with sights to a review but it ain't for me - too small. Cory is gonna send a Super Buzz shortly which is closer to the dims I ride. Centre board is Wilderness singley shaped either by Chris Brock, Michael Cundith or Bluey Mayes. Did a bit of research and I'm pretty sure Greenough and McTavish had left Wilderness by the time that came off the racks.

q2.jpg

View of the rafters.

q1.jpg

Hey mate would you be interested in selling the Mr Buzz???? BTW nice PCC boards, Patto's a friend of mine, got a great mini simmons off him.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 17 Feb 2014 at 8:25pm

Yeah Pato's a champ, just picked up a new IQ+ from him (exact same dimensions as the one snapped in pic above). 

The Mr Buzz? It ain't mine, it's Cory Russell's of Cory Surfboards. I'll ask him how much he'll sell it for.

It's in A1 condition, I was the first to surf and only had a handful of sessions. Anyway, check back, I'll find out the price.

non-local's picture
non-local's picture
non-local Friday, 21 Feb 2014 at 2:16pm
sumo col wrote:
stunet wrote:

q2.jpg

View of the rafters.

q1.jpg

Hey mate would you be interested in selling the Mr Buzz???? BTW nice PCC boards, Patto's a friend of mine, got a great mini simmons off him.

Get rid of the side fins on the Lazor Zap and put a winged keel in it.

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Friday, 28 Feb 2014 at 4:40pm

Surfing's picture
Surfing's picture
Surfing Friday, 7 Mar 2014 at 12:29pm

My quiver, would love to add more

6'2 rubble Merrick
6'1 renegade Nick Blair
5'9 fat boy bourton

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 24 Apr 2014 at 2:49pm

@fraser gordon are you watching the P P twinfin on ebay ?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Thursday, 24 Apr 2014 at 4:31pm

I am...just emailed Andy about it, see if it rang any bells? How's the spray?!

kanethomas1's picture
kanethomas1's picture
kanethomas1 Thursday, 24 Apr 2014 at 4:54pm

my Quiver
5"10 4 groveler
6'0 New Flyer
5'11 JS revolution
6'2 Mosta 3 JS

Selling a Snapped Fred Rubble & 4 Utility

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 27 Apr 2014 at 12:35pm

@shatner, its sitting on $50.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 26 Apr 2014 at 9:26pm

Udo, being the best researcher on SN ......That you R without a doubt:)
SN will purchase that one for you with a leggie string, combined with a double fishermans knot.
Not ;)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 27 Apr 2014 at 12:43pm

That surfboard is a piece of S.A surf history .........Thermalben from your home state are you bidding? cheap enough ,easy pickup minutes from stu's residence... was originally a fixed fin thruster -with the finbox added later.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 27 Apr 2014 at 12:52pm

Oh bugger it, I'll throw on a bid. Wonder if it could be restored? Some of those dings look pretty badly fixed.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 27 Apr 2014 at 2:06pm

"Quiver shmiver"..... this is the best "allrounder" I have ever owned..... Best board I have ever owned.... Handled 8 foot island...... Was still great in 3 foot..... 4foot to 8 foot was just outstanding.... 6'5 x 19 x 2 1/2, single to double concave (nothing rad'), semi rounded deck into softish rails, std rocker..... g5 back fin, g3s on the side....Shaped by peter stumpy wallace at wavezone sunshine coast.....
Ended up snapping it at the 1st bay coolum left off Point Perry....... Devo'd....

JaM's picture
JaM's picture
JaM Sunday, 27 Apr 2014 at 8:40pm
stunet wrote:

q2.jpg

View of the rafters.

q1.jpg

Hi Stu,

Have u got your hands on the super buzz yet? Be interested to read your review.

Cheers

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Monday, 28 Apr 2014 at 5:09am

Ya can't have them in the rafters under a hot tin roof and clear Perspex Stu! You'll kill them!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 28 Apr 2014 at 8:52am

wesley wrote:

Ya can't have them in the rafters under a hot tin roof and clear Perspex Stu! You'll kill them!

What you can't see are the two vents that remove hot air out of the shed. Anyway, someone gave me the heads up before and I removed them. They're now under the house and I've gotta run the gauntlet of snakes and spiders whenever I fetch them. 

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 28 Apr 2014 at 8:54am

JaM wrote:

Hi Stu, Have u got your hands on the super buzz yet? Be interested to read your review. Cheers

Nah, I haven't yet Jam. If it happens I'll post on here.

surfbuzz's picture
surfbuzz's picture
surfbuzz Monday, 28 Apr 2014 at 9:26pm

MR Rocket 6'4", only surfed it a few times but seems good so far

Also got a 6'2" McCoy nugget, goes well down at our south coast (SA Dribbleton)

some text

6'4" Cutloose

Don Burford 6" single fin

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 29 Apr 2014 at 6:11am

And the other five are ?
is there a shapers name on the Burford single fin ?

top-to-bottom-bells's picture
top-to-bottom-bells's picture
top-to-bottom-bells Tuesday, 29 Apr 2014 at 2:34pm

Sharp eyes Udo.

surfbuzz's picture
surfbuzz's picture
surfbuzz Tuesday, 29 Apr 2014 at 3:20pm
udo wrote:

And the other five are ?
is there a shapers name on the Burford single fin ?

Ha! sorry udo the picture with my nugget was when it was still in the shop!

I wish all those boards were mine, Im pretty sure the Burford has a name on it but its up my old girls place so cant see ATM.
I really should get it restored as when I surfed many years ago it was surprisingly good.

Cheers

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 29 Apr 2014 at 7:37pm

Burford ' warrior' early 70s popout is it one of those ? just curious , theres one for sale on gumtree at Tugun ....I last sighted one of those in about 1977 ,be very few left I think.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 2 May 2014 at 6:57pm

the fighting gordons? hmmmmm

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 2 May 2014 at 7:23pm

That was the old days when they were bulked up (keeping in mind those boards are 4' 11"s... although still bigger than many semi pro surfers). They trimmed down to a quarter of the size shortly after, and in their prime were even tinier, and less muscular. We almost lost one of them when he was in 'Team Hopeless', during their quest (led by Roger and Frosty), to find the worlds least muscled human. The plug came out of the bath, and only his feet stopped him being sucked down the drain forever. Although Ross eventually took the award Nods protested, and almost had the decision overturned.

Stop forcing me out of reclusination.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 2 May 2014 at 7:39pm

Who shaped those boards ? brand ?

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Saturday, 3 May 2014 at 4:26am