2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 9:44am

Oh FFS Solomon Islands GDP is around $1.5 billion population 700,000, the US is furious about the cluster Australia has made of the whole thing total failure to engage at all levels including provincial.

Plus the Coalition cut foreign aid remember that?

There is no excuse... none.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 9:46am
Optimist wrote:

Sounded like all the crowd were booing him when I watched but I’m glad he had a crew who liked him there…..
Another thing which concerns me though, is that when a prime minister calls an election, the govt goes into caretaker mode….this then allows the opposition access to all the top secret national security information so they can get up to date on the current status as they may be in charge of the country soon…..it’s the 23 rd and I saw it reported that they haven’t even asked for it yet….no interest?…dont know but it seems pretty slack.

Source please?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 9:48am

Then you have this

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 9:50am

A decade of Solomons blunders rolled out the red carpet for Xi Jinping
The question now is what needs to be done to reverse the erosion of Australia’s credibility in the South Pacific. The Solomon Islands’ new agreement with China marks the worst Australian security policy failure in the South Pacific since World War II, almost certainly making Chinese warships a more permanent feature in the Coral Sea.
While Canberra can claim to be blindsided, this is precisely what close observers have been warning about since the 2009 defence white paper (ridiculed by the Liberals at the time) charted the biggest expansion of Australian naval power since 1945. Even after a draft agreement was leaked last month, Australia’s response has been flatfooted. Scott Morrison refused to dispatch the foreign minister to Honiara, instead leaving Peter Dutton to publicly fume on breakfast TV, and exacerbating the problem. He compounded the error by belatedly sending Zed Seselja, a junior minister, while US President Joe Biden has dispatched his most senior Indo-Pacific official, Kurt Campbell. Talk about not holding a hose!
These latest diplomatic failures compound a series of disastrous decisions over much of the last decade – including aid cuts, climate policy indifference, diplomatic inattentiveness and defence blunders – eroding Australia’s credibility and rolling out the red carpet for Xi Jinping.
So, what is to be done? First, Australia must fully redress the punitive Pacific aid cuts imposed since 2013. Morrison’s current strategy is to deny these cuts even exist. But the numbers don’t lie: US$250 million of cumulative cuts between 2013 and 2020. Morrison even boasted of foreign aid in 2017, “we’ve stripped it right back, billions of dollars”. Despite his protestations, Pacific leaders know first-hand he is lying. They feel betrayed. These cuts have massive significance for small island budgets.
Morrison has made Australia less secure, not more secure.
Second, Australia must reassure the South Pacific that we’re in their corner on climate change, which threatens to wipe countries like Tuvalu and Kiribati off the map. So when Morrison lines up with strongman leaders like Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro, it is noticed.
Under our government, Australia advocated for the Pacific in international negotiations – on behalf of the Alliance of Small Island States in Copenhagen on the critical question of keeping global temperatures rises within 2 degrees. Australia has since walked away from them, as underscored in successive Pacific Islands Forum communiques.
Bigger diplomatic presence required
Third, Australia must rapidly expand its diplomatic presence. Despite its strategic significance, the number of Australian foreign service officers stationed in the Pacific hasn’t increased since 2013. By contrast, the previous Labor government almost tripled DFAT’s presence over six years and created an outer-ministry portfolio (now held by Seselja) previously held by Richard Marles. On my advice, Richard spent years crisscrossing the Pacific, learning about the region and building relationships. These connections will be invaluable if he becomes deputy prime minister.
Morrison claims our record was about “stomping around” telling the Pacific what to do. This is yet another Morrison lie. At every opportunity, we worked collegially through the PIF, which this government has allowed to splinter.
I secured PIF hosting rights for Australia in 2009, and spent days with island leaders in Cairns precisely because we knew from our defence white paper that China was on the march.
The only disagreement was over the 2006 Fiji coup, when all the other island states united with Australia and New Zealand in suspending Fiji from both the Commonwealth and the PIF until democracy was restored in 2014. Otherwise, we would have legitimised coup culture across the region.
Shambolic defence policy
Fourth, Australia needs defence clarity. When we decided to double the submarine fleet and increase the surface fleet by a third, the Liberals lashed the idea as too expensive and unfunded, and derided predictions of a militarily aggressive China as “highly dubious”. This included constructing two Canberra class helicopter docks – the largest ships ever built for the Royal Australian Navy – precisely with Pacific relief missions in mind. One was recently deployed to Tonga following its tsunami. Since 2013, Australia’s defence policy has been shambolic. The submarine program was first halted, then shopped around until a contract was signed with France, only to have it torn up, with billions due in compensation. There are now 30 major defence projects that are running a total of 79 years late; 17 major projects are running $4.3 billion over budget; and the government’s much-hyped “biggest personnel increase ever made during peacetime” will still result in a smaller ADF per capita than under Labor.
While the election is for voters to decide, Labor has a clear-cut advantage in each of these four areas. Morrison is too proud to own his government’s failures on aid, too beholden to his party’s far right to show any real leadership on climate change, and too lacking the energy and expertise for creative middle-power diplomacy to restore Australia’s presence in the region.
Morrison has made Australia less secure, not more secure. Continuing his policies will ensure the Solomons won’t be the last island state to sign a security agreement with Beijing, but merely the first.

https://www.afr.com/policy/foreign-affairs/a-decade-of-solomons-blunders...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:02am

Haha ;)
Floptimist criticising others on their :

‘amazing display of forward thinking’…

… says the bloke stuck in a vortex of outdated religious fantasy and bigotry ;)

More contradiction. More nonsense. Keep flying ya flag of supreme narcissist commentary ;)

Sources have never been your strongpoint ;)

Hearsay and chinese whispers on the other hand….

‘Sounded like’ … and ‘I saw it reported’…
- that won’t quite cut it unless you’re full of shit !

Expert status ;)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:18am

So all these people whinging about mild corruption are now suggesting the government should have been paying bigger bribes than China to prevent China moving in??????

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:24am
indo-dreaming wrote:

So all these people whinging about mild corruption are now suggesting the government should have been paying bigger bribes than China to prevent China moving in??????

False equivalence. They can pay bribes, we can pay aid.

I'd call it a nice try but it wasn't even that.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:40am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-22/china-takes-over-radio-australias.... China takes over Radio Australia frequencies after ABC drops shortwave
"A whole lot of decisions at the ABC, which really have been driven by funding cuts to the ABC, have contributed to a declining presence in the Pacific and a decline in standards of reporting on the Pacific," he said.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:44am
indo-dreaming wrote:

BTW Blackers If you really think anything Australia has done has anything to do with Solomon Islands/China deal then you are extremely naive, the reality is China and many other countries play by different rules to us, we have a long history of helping Solomon Islands and other pacific nations (China much less so), but its totally irrelevant when China can always promise much more than we can and more importantly is willing to pay officials large sums of corruption money to get what they want.

Do you believe we should also provide officials with corruption money???? and out bid China with how much corruption money we are willing to give officials????

Because that's the reality of the game.

Not sure I'm the one being naive here.
Patronize your neighbour, treat them poorly and you can expect them not to give a shit in return. $170 million in aid is 10 % of their GDP, suggests they need a lot of help. Could easily up the ante, eg by the 30 million we overpaid for the 2nd airport, or all that cash "spent" on carparks in marginal seats. I get that China will be able to outspend, but how about cultivating a real collaborative relationship rather than pissing on them while saying how good we are?
Anyways carry on.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:05am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Supafreak’s above post is pretty good, try reading it. You might learn something. I did.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:08am
stunet wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

False equivalence. They can pay bribes, we can pay aid.

I'd call it a nice try but it wasn't even that.

Aid is not the same as bribes.

Aid goes to the country

Bribes go to officials

You could pay billions in aid but if those making the decsions dont get bribes, and China pays big bribes China wins.

The rules and game we play and they play is two different things, unless you are going to play by their rules and match any bribes by china to officials you lose.

Whats best for the country or people isn't important to those at the top what is, is money they get.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:35am

It costs nothing to transmit short wave into the pacific. The ABC are the ones who didn’t care about those people so don’t blame the Govt…..that ones a real disaster and the ABC needs to rethink and transmit again on different frequencies….otherwise all the isolated will hear will be Chinese propaganda.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:35am

Indo, to say the LNP don't pay bribes or don't play dirty like others do only adds to the impression you give of naivety.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:46am
Optimist wrote:

It costs nothing to transmit short wave into the pacific. The ABC are the ones who didn’t care about those people so don’t blame the Govt…..that ones a real disaster and the ABC needs to rethink and transmit again on different frequencies….otherwise all the isolated will hear will be Chinese propaganda.

Yes, an ABC decision under Michelle Guthrie, Coalition appointment, ex News Corp, Fox etc. Saved $2 million annually. Another own goal on behalf of the current shower.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:55am

On other matters ..... drove through Frydenberg’s, Liu’s and Wilson’s electorates (all Liberal held) this morning - based on the hundreds of posters and volunteers out on the street we’re going to have 3 less so-called liberals in the next parliament - haha.

and there is this .....

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/my-father-was-liberal-premier...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:55am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-09/pacific-nations-lose-shortwave-ra... For almost 80 years, Australia has provided such shortwave services, including vital emergency service information, to Asia and the Pacific.

But government funding cuts saw Asian services turned off in January 2015. And now the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has decided to cut the remaining services to residents of remote parts of the Pacific, Papua New Guinea and parts of northern Australia by ceasing its shortwave radio services to the Pacific from the end of January 2017.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:59am
Supafreak wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-09/pacific-nations-lose-shortwave-ra... For almost 80 years, Australia has provided such shortwave services, including vital emergency service information, to Asia and the Pacific.

But government funding cuts saw Asian services turned off in January 2015. And now the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has decided to cut the remaining services to residents of remote parts of the Pacific, Papua New Guinea and parts of northern Australia by ceasing its shortwave radio services to the Pacific from the end of January 2017.

... there will no cuts to health, no cuts to Medicare and no cuts to the ABC

Note: efficiency dividends ARE cuts

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 12:34pm

Whoever appointed who, it’s a an abc shocker regardless. The world has gone mad. Everywhere I look these days is slackness and politicians on all fronts just muddling along….still no cheap mortgage policy from anyone for the average joe and Joline ….land everywhere and we don’t seem to have any…I would have thought that just having a humble home would be something that every Australian was entitled to….not so it seems…suffering and worry compulsory instead of the great Australian dream….can’t say I like any pollies at present.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 1:04pm

@opti ie hutchy gets it wrong again “Whoever appointed who, it’s a an abc shocker regardless....”

Wrong wrong wrong

All blame needs to sheeted back to Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison for cutting ABC funding and for not having any foresight about the importance of the Pacific.

ps what tasty treat do have for us tomorrow oh pious one?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 1:07pm
adam12 wrote:

Indo, to say the LNP don't pay bribes or don't play dirty like others do only adds to the impression you give of naivety.

Do you have any evidence of bribes being paid to Solomon Islands officials from Aust???

Yeah sure you can't totally write it off happening, who knows what happens behind the scenes, but if we did we lost the bidding war, i think its unlikely anyway, once you start going down that road with countries its a slippery slope, if other countries know you will pay bribes they will create similar opportunities.

Plus the political ramifications in Australia of it being exposed and black mail aspect etc are way too big.

The hard reality is if China wants to get in bed with Solomon Islands, we really cant prevent it from happening, they will always out bid us and play much more dirty.

BTW. Yes you can say the same to me about China, do i have evidence of them paying bribes to Solomon Islands?, No but we all know China is a very very different country to Australia in how it operates.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 1:09pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 1:40pm

Ha ha just clicked on Supers link, no wonder he copy and pasted it, it was an opinion piece by Kevin Rudd.....ha ha ha.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 1:58pm

Geez the fishing has been good lately .

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 2:03pm

Once again id wins the award for the dumbest headline, doing the bidding of the Murdoch empire.
I mean who actually considers 'the (un)Australian' anything more than a tabloid whose main purpose is to become used dunny roll? The LNP sure are getting desperate, and I for one look forward to putting them dead last on my ballot. Anyway this ones for you id

trigger warning

277795662-1978994248967149-2370339200707511138-n

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 3:36pm

Indo posting Markson nonsense.
Marles said the Solomons are "perfectly free to engage on whatever terms"
Well, Australia is free to "engage"? Is it not? We "engage" with China? Are we not selling them Iron ore to make navy ships?
But to try to gaslight and paint the word "engage" to mean "sign a defence alliance" is typical Murdoch. Fact is, Solomons has yet to lease ports to China. Australia has. The PORT OF NEWCASTLE is in fact 50% owned by China, thanks to the coalition.

In regards to Pm Scott Morrison, here are his exact words about the China belt and road project just before the G20 in Japan June 28 2019;
"Australia welcomes the contribution that the Belt and Road Initiative can make to regional infrastructure investment and to regional development."

"here are individual Australian companies, though, who do participate in that and we seek to facilitate that as well and have no issues with that. It's good for Australian companies, it's good for Australian jobs."

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 3:39pm

This one gave me a chuckle ‘ witness protection ‘

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 4:21pm

Indo, not suggesting we should've been in a bribe auction with the CCP for the Solomons, only pointing out the LNP aren't averse to such things or worse, as the Timor bugging case shows. Their contempt, ignorance and incompetence for our Pacific neighbors goes back a long way and has many examples not just the "water lapping" video of Scomo, Abbott and Dutts, or the Timor bugging and secret trials.
Way back when Howard first won, his first job was to host the South Pacific Forum. The night before it was to start a rundown of the next days schedule was delivered to the various leaders late, mostly pushed under their doors. Somehow attached to the rundown was also a document intended for Australian eyes only, prepared by DFAT I think, which was basically a shit list of allegations and derogatory descriptions of the various leaders, that they were a corrupt drunk or a womanising idiot or various other personal damaging assessments, many no doubt true, but it made for and interesting forum that year.
The last Pacific Forum was on zoom and Scomo was seen eating his breakfast on screen throughout the meeting, a huge insult to many Pacific leaders. You can also find quotes from the leaders of Fiji and Tuvalu and others going back years expressing their contempt for the treatment Morrison, or other LNP politicians gave them.
This has been a long time in the making and the Solomons won't be the last, just the first. The Americans are pissed at us, the Libs are fucking hopeless diplomatically, this is just another example.
Huge battles were fought by the Americans and the Japanese in WW2 over the Solomons, such is it's strategic importance. The CCP took it this week without a shot on the LNP's watch. Can't be spun as anything other than a disaster. Not fit to lead.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 5:28pm

Does my head in to think that people actually believe Labor would do a better job, thank god over the last nine elections the public has decided Labor arent fit to govern and voted the LNP in seven times

The scary thing is it's almost a certainty Labor will get voted in this time and what's even more scary is we are going into a time of uncertainty with many challenges, putting Labor in at such a time is like letting a six year old kid drive your car on an icy mountain ridge road at night with no headlights, it's never going to end well.

Only good news is Labor wont last long especially with some goose like Albo that makes Biden look quick witted, this could be the first one term government since Gough Whitlam fifty years ago.

Dark days ahead I'm afraid, could be worse than Keatings recession we had to have.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 5:41pm

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 5:43pm

Probably a good point in thread to include this, this fellow is excellent, you get better-than-university quality analysis of historical events - for free!

Note position across the supply line between US, HI and Aus. Also note it's a long, lonely supply line to China...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 5:48pm

That’s some mighty fine bum splattering there @info.

aaaaaw, Scotty is travelling so bad he’s put himself into witness protection refusing to answer any and all questions today.

..... and the Libs are so worried about the independents they trotted out Howard, the unflushable turd, today haha

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 5:54pm

I think this is where indo gets his incredible insight from. BA706-E31-7-C91-4-BD8-BBFA-6-C9-F41-C97-D60
some poems on nature

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 5:56pm

At least there’s no doubt on who’s to blame E5631594-0623-4392-9063-BD6-C5-E984-D7-E
some poems on nature

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 6:05pm

Seriously Indo, you can be a tool sometimes. You keep harking back to Keating, 30 years ago, but then comain if someone brings up something Abbott did as being too long ago. Ffs, you cant acknowledge that global conditions in the early 90's were fucked everywhere, 15% + interest rates in the UK, 12 % in the US.
Your argument that Labour shouldnt be in power because theyhave no experience is as purile as most of your posts. According to that premise, no country would ever have a change of government. Our system works best when there are fairly regular changes in the people in power, it makes sure that incumbent party don't abuse power as we are currently seeing. Chill.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 6:14pm

Watched an interview with Howard the other day, crazy how switched on he is for his age, i love Scomo but Howard really is the man what a legend and our second longest serving PM.

My only regret is being young and naive i never voted for him, god im sorry to say i actually voted for Krudd, oh well some of us grow up and grow wiser with age and some don't i guess, i mean there is even grown men who vote for the Greens???

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 6:19pm

PROOF SCUMMO IS PUTTING AGED PENSIONERS ON THE CASHLESS WELFARE CARD!
Below is a parliamentary document from Dec 2021. Note pages 2, 6, and 11.

Page 2- "The Member further argued that aged
pensioners are excluded from mandatory
participation in 5 OUT OF 6 of the trial
locations, and that a pensioner can only BE FORCED
onto the card if they reside in Cape
York and are REFERRED by a state agency."

Page 6 - "The Bill makes it clear that current legislation prevents any age pensioners being forcibly moved onto cashless debit cards, with the EXCEPTION of AGE PENSIONERS in Cape York who have been referred to the program by a state agency."

Page 11 (dated 30/11/2021)-
"Subsection 124PD(1) (after paragraph (a) of the definition
of restrictable payment)
Insert:
(aa) in relation to a program participant under section 124PGD or
124PGE, means:
(i) a payment ofa kind listed in paragraph (a); or
(ii) an AGE PENSION;"

So, to summarise.
Aged pensioners on Cape York are currently being forced onto the cashless welfare card. It's a fact.
Therefore, it is not a "scare campaign" for Labor to warn aged pensioners they may end up on a cashless welfare card. The same tactic was used by john Howard in regards to "work for the dole". Use aboriginal regions, then introduce to mainstream society.
There is only one answer to the yes or no question "are aged pensioners in Australia being put on the cashless welfare card NOW?"
The answer is yes.

https://documents.parliament.qld.gov.au/tp/2022/5722T222-9761.pdf?fbclid...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 6:55pm

FFS cut and pasted straight from social media dude thats just sad you look like a goose.

You really think some random nobody creating a social media post is going to uncover some secret plan for LNP to roll out Cashless welfare cards for pensioners when qualified journalist with years of experience find nothing, your post proves nothing.

Not to mention it would make no sense there is no benefit to the government and would be political suicide.

indo-dreaming wrote:

Okay three seperate media sources fact checking the claims find it false.

"Claim aged pensioners will be put on cashless debit cards is due for retirement"

"THE VERDICT

There is no evidence the coalition government wants to put all age pensioners on cashless welfare cards. By law, no age pensioners can be forced onto the cards outside of Cape York, and extending the scheme to this group would require changed legislation and majority support in parliament.

Families and social services minister Anne Ruston has said on multiple occasions that the government will not require all age pensioners to use the cards.

False – The claim is inaccurate."
https://www.aap.com.au/factcheck/claim-aged-pensioners-will-be-put-on-ca...

And again ABC

"Labor says the Coalition has a plan to expand the cashless debit card to age pensioners. Is there any evidence?

The bottom line

Expanding the cashless debit card system to age pensioners is not currently part of the Coalition's official policy platform, nor was Fact Check able to find any evidence to suggest it plans to do so."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-24/fact-check-cashless-debit-card-el...

Even left wing bias media The Guardian admits

"Factcheck: is there any truth to scare campaigns about the cashless debit card and retiree tax?
Is the cashless debit card claim true?

Ruston really did say that, but her comments were referring to moving existing welfare recipients on income management off the basics card and onto the cashless debit card. The latter is accepted at more retailers and works like a normal debit card, unless a person is trying to buy blocked products like alcohol or gambling.

In the same month Ruston said: “The Morrison government will not force age pensioners onto the cashless debit card. We were never going to, and never will.”

Verdict: Although at one time the Coalition left this open, it has since ruled it out."
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/apr/18/factcheck-is-ther...

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 8:48pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

i love Scomo

I didn't think anyone even liked Scotty. I sure as hell didn't know that people love him. Like or love his politics, sure, if that's the kind of sicko shit you're into, but love HIM? He's odious. You'd have to be off your head.

indo-dreaming wrote:

oh well some of us grow up and grow wiser with age and some don't i guess, i mean there is even grown men who vote for the Greens???

Off course grammar.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:21pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Does my head in to think that people actually believe Labor would do a better job, thank god over the last nine elections the public has decided Labor arent fit to govern and voted the LNP in seven times

The scary thing is it's almost a certainty Labor will get voted in this time and what's even more scary is we are going into a time of uncertainty with many challenges, putting Labor in at such a time is like letting a six year old kid drive your car on an icy mountain ridge road at night with no headlights, it's never going to end well.

Only good news is Labor wont last long especially with some goose like Albo that makes Biden look quick witted, this could be the first one term government since Gough Whitlam fifty years ago.

Dark days ahead I'm afraid, could be worse than Keatings recession we had to have.

ID your remarks above are quite infantile given the current governments performance.

Re the Solomon's the alarm bells have been rings for years, the Chinese didn't just turn up the other day, Australia defence / security / intelligence agencies must have been screaming but no one acted or thought a quick visit will sort it.

If Australia defence / security / intelligence agencies weren't ringing the alarms then WTF, but I think they were Morrison would blame them in an instant.

The US are furious Australia's back yard and we stuffed it, makes Australia the laughing stock of the western world.

Genie is out of the bottle now and wont be going back in.

"Dark days ahead" you are right thanks the incompetence of Morrison.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:29pm

Indo will ignore what you just said. Off course

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:47pm

Rupert told Scomo to appoint Newscorp / Foxtel chief executive into Deputy ABC chair.
Be a gentleman Peter and saw the legs off Ita's throne.
2024 or should Ita fall off her throne sooner... Aunty becomes Newscorp's bitch.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/rupert-murdoch-s-former-right-hand-man-p...

Important to keep reading Costello's News Paper...Why!
Read down to.... [ Going Postal ] ?
Cos here in Qld we can only read LNP newspapers Costello / Murdoch
TV...(As Above) Choose ABC Murdoch / 9 ACA Costello
Australia [L] Post ...Lib Media Outlet (Read Above)

All know of Scomo's "Fuck off Bitch" Gold Watch Parachute Drop of slimy creep.
Mr Slippery employs Tanny Bank of Qld Public affairs as Corp Executive...
Whose husband is SKY TV John Mangos (Liberal Master of Ceremonies) re: 9 Ben Fordham
https://nswliberal.org.au/Shared-Content/Events/CHQ/Past-events/2019/201...

Trump's hiring & firing & stacking of Postal Bosses & Vote Stamps & Vote delays.
Are we seeing the Politicization of Australian Post
All caught wind of the US Exploding Mail Vans & dodgy dated Post Stamps

Now a dumb arse $10 ACA Postie bribe
Local postie never noticed Mrs W has 3 ctv cams facing the road, despite being best friends.
But somehow knows, not one of Mrs W's 3 cams is focused on her Bin. (Not silly!)
We briefly see Postie lift Bin lid twice to offload from far pouch of Nothing it seems...then go.
(We only see someone go thru 2 motions!) Never mass drops of Mail as Voice over reckons!
How can we be sure the bin is more empty than full ...easy...
[3:30] Cams film Mrs W's one handed skid roll bin retrieval, verifies nothing is in her Bin.
No way could any pull off that one handed skid move with 120kg of 500 mail booklets.
Whatever if anything Postie put in her bin...Both Cam 1 & Cam 3 show it's next to nothing.

Mrs W's multi cam set films same Postie approach house no fewer than 5 separate occasions.
https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affair/australia-post-employee-stood-...
[0:29]Bin [1:05 ] Busted / No [1:30] Bribe / Edit [ 2:35 ] Just Hangin' [ 3:42] Please Feed me!
The bribe scene is edited...Bike light on (Delay-Dismount) Bike light off...(Coaching lesson!)
If one looks closely you can see Mrs W hand motions to this poor Postie for each film scene...
Allowing for all hams to stand on X and deliver their lines with over the top method acting .
All we see is that Mrs W has pet postie on call for her home movies.
Either it's her Son or Postie wants to get busted so badly...it was me...whatever! Handcuff me!
Doubt if anyone else got any mail on that day, as postie was making movies with Mrs W.

Not that Postie's 3 compartments could ever hold this extra 500 book ballots / 120kg.
All know that, coz otherwise Oz post would need to cut mail by 50% each election.
Which Pollie would admit their mail-outs are more important than your Covid test result?

Mrs W said she opens people's mail then hotlines the Senator over which crime?
Note: Cams show nothing Heavy can possibly be in the bin that Mrs W retrieved.
Not one but two Pollies dash in a flash...Bin is now Half full of Mail from Senator's office.
Pollies : " Rampant!"..."Strikes at the Heart of Democracy!"
"Raises questions about Oz Post & how widespread this is!"
Senator has called for Broad far reaching investigation into [L] Stacked Oz Post.
[L] Oz Post have engaged the Police...despite no complaint or evidence! (Sets a precedent!)
Trump stacked US Mail called for investigation - trashed postal votes in first wk of Campaign!

[5:30- 8:00] Simon Birmingham : "Oz Post Prime Time Trump Speech" (Deeply Disturbing)
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/utterly-unacceptabl...

Lib Oz Post : "We are working with LNP to deliver these Mail Items as a Priority!"
AEC : "Has no effect on Election..voters can access AEC in person or online!"

If these are not AEC Postal Votes...then where are they delivered to & is this suss?

Party Postal Votes are addressed to Party counterfeit Gangs...who open people's mail.
No! Not suss...highly illegal outside elections...so no! Not suss! Go ask AEC...

AEC : We grant them access to your Full Name/ DOB / All Addresses / Phone / Email / Mobile.
AEC : Sorry! We also sold them your {Holy Grail} Postal Vote Security Q&A
AEC : Q&A - Place of Birth / First Boss / First car / Last School / Middle Name of eldest Child.
Your Vote is still precious...& we're still besties, right...Yep!

Next they masturbate over your Vote...before drawing dick pics & ticking a few extra boxes.
Only then, they may choose to forge more copies & send it on to AEC.

Oz Post : Answers the crew's most deeply disturbing Election queries...
100% of Voters have a Postal Address
95% of Voters say they would open mail addressed to them
60% of Voters prefer local flyers
57% of Voters say they read Election Mail
53% of Voters say receiving mail makes them feel more valued
41% of Voters want Policies Highlighted
40% of Voters remember the message
26% of Voters prefer email
24% of Voters want "Main theme" featured clearly thru-out
15% of Voters want Candidate's Name in Large text thru-out
1% of voters prefer Phone Call.
Ring Ring...you better get that...Doh!...Ha Ha!

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 10:48pm
seeds wrote:

Seeds I have to admit I am surprised by Indos defence of Morrison to the extent that he has. The arguments have been pointless and weak

Indo was often quite naïve but has sharpened up in recent times (was it father hood or the wife?)

I understand people joining the tribe but Indo has seriously lost the plot becoming a martyr for the Liberal party...strange.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 23 Apr 2022 at 11:10pm

indo writes "FFS cut and pasted straight from social media dude thats just sad you look like a goose."
Actually, it's quotes from the parliamentary link. So, sir, it's you that is sad and looks like a goose.. To not look this ridiculous again, I suggest you read properly, and check links provided. Here are the actual parlimentary pages with those quotes, and the link again.

This is all from "SPEAKER’S RULING - ALLEGED DELIBERATELY
MISLEADING THE HOUSE", brought forward by Stephen BENNETT MP, Member for Burnett, on the 7 December 2021, here - https://documents.parliament.qld.gov.au/tp/2022/5722T222-9761.pdf?fbclid...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 24 Apr 2022 at 7:54am

And Sheepdog what do you actually think these statements actually prove?

Yes trials in Cape York included pensioners that's not news, it's even mentioned in fact checks on the issue i posted the other day and again yesterday, all fact checks finding there is NO evidence to support it being implemented wider.

The main trial was in Cape York that was chosen because it has one of if not the highest domestic violence rate in Australia(found highest by victims of crime reports/study), they are desperate to look at anyway possible way to reduce domestic violence (almost always against women and children)

The worst areas in Australia are said to be possibly 80 times higher than the national average, so that puts Cape York in that ballpark.
https://theconversation.com/factcheck-qanda-are-indigenous-women-34-80-t...

Do you think because there is indigenous communities with bans on alcohol sales, that alcohol is also going to be banned across Australia????.

There's a reason why i don't bang on about Labor rolling out death taxes ect, because even if it was talked about as a possibility in the past, it's never going to happen now.

Both Labor and LNP both are playing dirty games in this area which kind of sucks, but seriously do we have to do the same when we all know its complete BS.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 24 Apr 2022 at 8:19am
seeds wrote:

Theres so much BS sprouted here, you have to ignore it especially Trolls like Hiccups who other than maybe adding a song in the tunes thread have zero to add to ANY conversation, and just throw in a little snipe twice a week and thats it, I'm not wasting my time on those kinds of people, i waste enough time here as it is.

BTW. I'm not saying I focus is a troll, he generally sticks to the topic discussed.

But if he doesn't understand how corruption works on a world wide level, what's the point???

The problem is many Australians think the world works the way things work in Australia, which it doesn't, its pointless for me to keep trying to explain to him about how corruption in these areas works, you either get it or you dont.

The hard reality is, if China wants something it can basically do what it wants we are irrelevant, we don't even play by the same rules or even the same game.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 24 Apr 2022 at 8:19am

Penny Wong warned us in 2019 , and look where we are now . Scott Morrison Party has NFI .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 24 Apr 2022 at 8:27am

PR Guy what a tosser, hope they win this case.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 24 Apr 2022 at 8:27am

Lol..Penny Wong. Mean girl….where’s my car dummy spit :)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 24 Apr 2022 at 8:28am

Hahahaha classic’ indo drinking ‘ avoidance of the subject Penny Wong is talking about .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 24 Apr 2022 at 8:43am

Like anyone cares what little miss mean girl says or thinks.

Again the hard reality is China does not play by the same rules we do, to think otherwise is just blatantly naive, we are nothing compared to them, if they want to set up bases in these areas they will and they will do whatever is needed to do so including huge bribes to officials.