blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 5:50pm
GuySmiley wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Left Right blah blah....
How about we concentrate on truth and facts versus lies and falsehoods...
Those labels are so 20th century... Haha.

Fortunately I gave up golf a very long time ago but when I did play I played army golf - to the left, to the left, left right left .... always off course

Haha I'm so shit at golf!!!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 5:57pm

Guy off course you ended up in the ruff or is that rough ?

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 6:00pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Sorry Seeds I'm not into political based conspiracy theories.

Haha you’ve gotta be joking
Blinkers welded on? Off course

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 6:05pm
seeds wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Sorry Seeds I'm not into political based conspiracy theories.

Haha you’ve gotta be joking
Blinkers welded on? Off course

They are actually just grifters making money off views they know you guys want to hear, and you guys lap it up and regurgitate it like mindless drones.

People like Vic local call guys like Avi or Ruskan grifters, but at least they actually get on the streets and in the thick of the action and report real life incidents not just create videos from their basements based on rumours some random guy sent in via facebook.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 6:17pm

Albo currently at the Bluefest..

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 6:20pm

Too funny CBG I can’t believe I’m reading it sometimes

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 6:22pm

Ah Bluesfest I remember when it was a Blues festival. Anyone else? Albo getting his RM Williams dusty?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 6:33pm

It’s not a big deal to the press that slomo calls the reporter Mr speaker not once but 3 times then cuts it from the evening news but doesn’t fail to mention albo’s gaffe every chance they get , even a week later it’s still their favourite topic .

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 6:59pm
Supafreak wrote:

It’s not a big deal to the press that slomo calls the reporter Mr speaker not once but 3 times then cuts it from the evening news but doesn’t fail to mention albo’s gaffe every chance they get , even a week later it’s still their favourite topic . https://twitter.com/ronnisalt/status/1515586750831243264?s=21&t=p7blH65y... https://twitter.com/squizzstk/status/1450309132603432961?s=21&t=p7blH65y...

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/albanese-pays-price-for-gaffe-as...

And the media are going to get the man who talks alot and says nothing another term....
Mista Speaka!!!!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 7:16pm

@andy-mac , just finished reading that article, long way to go and it’s going to come down to ‘ trust ‘ at the start of election the COALition were $3.05 now ……. BD3-E1-AB6-DF2-C-4-FDA-A196-F07-D039-C0-A8-F

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 7:29pm
Supafreak wrote:

@andy-mac , just finished reading that article, long way to go and it’s going to come down to ‘ trust ‘ at the start of election the COALition were $3.05 now ……. BD3-E1-AB6-DF2-C-4-FDA-A196-F07-D039-C0-A8-F

True long way to go, but I fear the media are now showing who they are supporting quite openly. Still have hope there are some land mines waiting for Scomo and LNP closer to election date that the swinging voters of the electorate cannot ignore and he cannot reply with his normal dismissive word salad omong kosong.... They have ignored the prayer room sex fest along with Dutton hanging out and supporting with let's say, people who are not law abiding citizens...
Memory of the msm keeping the Beetroots extramarital affair secret until after last election when it was common knowledge with all the lefty conspiracy sites still play on my mind...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 7:59pm

Good positive article Andy, thank you for sharing, the tide is clearly starting to turn.

Albo has been able to avoid media criticism in the past playing it safe from the sidelines, but now he has to get out there and play with the big boys and let's be real he clearly isn't up to it and people can see that.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 8:17pm

I think Scomo has exposed himself for the marketeer he is forgetting in which forum he is speaking Mr Speaker. Trotting out rehearsed slogans and deflections over and over for years day in day out.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 9:22pm
seeds wrote:

I think Scomo has exposed himself for the marketeer he is forgetting in which forum he is speaking Mr Speaker. Trotting out rehearsed slogans and deflections over and over for years day in day out.

Hollow man....

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 9:30pm
andy-mac wrote:
seeds wrote:

Hollow man....

FreeMoney Dreaming’s Hero

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 9:58pm
andy-mac wrote:
seeds wrote:

Hollow man....

Recently picked up Murakami again and this passage from Kafka on the Shore fits Morrison to a tee...

"What disgusts me…are people who have no imagination. The kind T. S. Eliot calls hollow men. People who fill up that lack of imagination with heartless bits of straw, not even aware of what they’re doing. Callous people who throw a lot of empty words at you, trying to force you to do what you don’t want to…

Narrow minds devoid of imagination. Intolerance, theories cut off from reality, empty terminology, usurped ideals, inflexible systems. Those are the things that really frighten me. What I absolutely fear and loathe. Of course it’s important to know what’s right and what’s wrong. Individual errors in judgment can usually be corrected. As long as you have the courage to admit mistakes, things can be turned around. But intolerant, narrow minds with no imagination are like parasites that transform the host, change form, and continue to thrive. They’re a lost cause..."

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 10:04pm
jwithay wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
seeds wrote:

Hollow man....

Recently picked up Murakami again and this passage from Kafka on the Shore fits Morrison to a tee...

"What disgusts me…are people who have no imagination. The kind T. S. Eliot calls hollow men. People who fill up that lack of imagination with heartless bits of straw, not even aware of what they’re doing. Callous people who throw a lot of empty words at you, trying to force you to do what you don’t want to…

Narrow minds devoid of imagination. Intolerance, theories cut off from reality, empty terminology, usurped ideals, inflexible systems. Those are the things that really frighten me. What I absolutely fear and loathe. Of course it’s important to know what’s right and what’s wrong. Individual errors in judgment can usually be corrected. As long as you have the courage to admit mistakes, things can be turned around. But intolerant, narrow minds with no imagination are like parasites that transform the host, change form, and continue to thrive. They’re a lost cause..."

Nail on head....

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 10:11pm
AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 17 Apr 2022 at 11:48pm

Scomo would’ve got pelted.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 7:58am

Breaking news:

Last night Anthony Albanese came down with a bad case of laryngitis so will only be answering press questions with either a nod or shake of the head this week and possibly the rest of the election campaign.

Jim Chalmers has crunched the figures and agreed if Anthony opens his mouth again the cost to Labor is much too high.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 8:10am

Don’t forget what ya get if voting for the Scott Morrison Party 8425-CB88-5-FC3-431-D-A69-D-6-A834-E15-F913
8-C181491-B86-F-451-D-961-D-DF92-EC82-A4-B1

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 8:49am

Is that CBG on the right? Oh, my mistake, that would be Dame Edna not Sir Les.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 10:00am

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 10:02am

Tweedlede or tweedledum. Being a fan boy for either Liberal or Labor is like fighting over deck chairs on the Titanic, or trying to deciding on what type of pie to get at the bakery. Scotty probably deserves another term to clean up his mess. Changing Govts. costs millions in new office fit outs and stationary plus the obligatory pay rise for themselves and then they can just blame everything on the last mob. As someone else said, biggest hospital pass in history.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 10:19am

62724109-2651-4-C01-B807-D09-B550-E63-E1
7-B622-C9-A-9-B15-4-C39-B5-AB-6-DE0-BCCC887-A

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 10:38am

ha ha you havent been on the dole have you Supa???

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 11:23am
indo-dreaming wrote:

ha ha you havent been on the dole have you Supa???

When I was on the dole you got a check in the mail once a fortnight. I was 21 living in a cave at red bluff so only needed money for food and throw in for petrol money . In today’s world I don’t believe everyone on the dole is drug fucked or alcoholic. Many families currently on unemployment benefits living under the poverty line , don’t know how they do it . Now with more people receiving unemployment benefits than before the pandemic it shows how badly many are struggling with the current cost of living . @indo not sure if you read my question to you a few pages back but do you believe an ICAC is needed ? One with teeth ?

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 11:24am

me and all me dole mates just set up direct transfers every second monday to our dealers bank accounts, fuck its getting hard to last between payments the last coupla years with rent prices though. did see me landlord leaving me mull mans house coupla bags in hand last weekend but, seems im paying for their mortgage and their habit now. such is the lot of the dole bludger i spose...just cant be fucked bending down to pick up those bootstraps though...tried it once and fell on me noggin dont even know how its meant to work to be honest but what the fuck does this cooked head know

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 12:06pm

Albanese may well have blown it besides the gaffs he just doesn't present as well as Morrison and elections are all about images.

Some of Albanese's problems stems from not being as blatantly dishonest as Morrison who appears to be completely lacking any soul and hollow to the core.

The fact that Morrison is still in the race and may well win it is quite extortionary considering the sheer incompetence of his government, giving away $40 bil, the party political use of huge sums of tax payer monies, ministers compromised left right and centre still serving all completed by some of the hardest attacks on Morrisons character I can ever remember.

Anyone of the above would have brought many PMs undone.

While reading Indos backing of all this I have been trying to see what the context is or how the above can be framed for the level of acceptance required.

TBH I don't understand it, is it how the Putins of the current world get by?

Its worrying.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 12:14pm

The Libs tried to bring in an ICAC but wouldn’t allow it to be a kangaroo court media circus. The senate and Labor disagreed. The libs wanted it handled independently and properly then the outcome published and any bad guys charged without a boring and inaccurate nightly update on the news for months or years on end. Sounded OK to me but it wasn’t going to pass that way so they ditched it. Labor can do what they like if they get in but I have a feeling they will have a few twists as well. It will happen eventually but I’d prefer not to hear every detail every night every channel seasoned with the different media biases….just get on with it and then give us the results when ya done. That’ll do.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 12:22pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/benwpratt/status/1515824637866823684

2 people boo at Albo, whilst majority cheers.
Murdoch/ 9 media headlines... Albo booed at Bluesfest....
Fark the media is corrupt....
Morrison cannot tell difference whether he is a press conference or parliament, never answers questions, does not accept premise etc media let off. Albo grilled every step of the way. Murdoch who is an American citizen meddling with our democracy. He does the same supporting right wing nuts in UK and USA.

@I Focus

Agree, very sad state of affairs. How Morrison is in the running, likely to win with his character well known is incredible. Australia will get what it deserves if they give him another term.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 12:27pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 12:29pm

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 12:32pm
Optimist wrote:

The Libs tried to bring in an ICAC but wouldn’t allow it to be a kangaroo court media circus. The senate and Labor disagreed. The libs wanted it handled independently and properly then the outcome published and any bad guys charged without a boring and inaccurate nightly update on the news for months or years on end. Sounded OK to me but it wasn’t going to pass that way so they ditched it. Labor can do what they like if they get in but I have a feeling they will have a few twists as well. It will happen eventually but I’d prefer not to hear every detail every night every channel seasoned with the different media biases….just get on with it and then give us the results when ya done. That’ll do.

Nonesense.
Any reputable legal authority rubbished the LNP model, it was a sham, even AFP were against it
The LNP have majority in House if Reps, they don't need Labor support to pass legislation, so again another Scomo lie.
Amazes me how some posters here are ok with the level of corruption going on.... Poor fella my country.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 1:03pm
andy-mac wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Nonesense.
Any reputable legal authority rubbished the LNP model, it was a sham, even AFP were against it
The LNP have majority in House if Reps, they don't need Labor support to pass legislation, so again another Scomo lie.
Amazes me how some posters here are ok with the level of corruption going on.... Poor fella my country.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/a...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 1:16pm

"The Libs tried to bring in an ICAC but wouldn’t allow it to be a kangaroo court media circus."

You'd have to be so cooked to believe that.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 1:57pm
andy-mac wrote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/benwpratt/status/1515824637866823684

2 people boo at Albo, whilst majority cheers.
Murdoch/ 9 media headlines... Albo booed at Bluesfest....
Fark the media is corrupt....
Morrison cannot tell difference whether he is a press conference or parliament, never answers questions, does not accept premise etc media let off. Albo grilled every step of the way. Murdoch who is an American citizen meddling with our democracy. He does the same supporting right wing nuts in UK and USA.

The shit you people spin.

Two people how the fuck do you figure that?

You can hear cheers but you can also hear a chorus of boo's.

It doesn't actually mean they are LNP voters though, there is so many people that just hate politicians especially major party politicians.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:17pm
Optimist wrote:

I get why LNP are avoiding bringing in an ICAC and why Labor voters keep banging on about it.

LNP have been in power for 9 years obviously it would hurt them most, if Labor had been in power for the last 9 years they would be avoiding it too and LNP voters calling for an ICAC.

It is what it is, its important to Labor voters because they just dont have much else to bang on about, its pretty hard to write off a government that has managed the economy so well especially through a once in one hundred year pandemic, especially when you leader just had a train wreck of a week and clearly not up to standard to be PM.

A lot of what people class as corruption is pretty petty though, pork barrelling for instance isn't corruption, both sides do it, it's just common sense management of funds, you look after and reward those that vote for you and you spend in areas where its possible win voters over, while an area you have no chance you spend the minimum possible, id be pissed if a LNP government didnt do this, because there is only so much $$$ to go around..

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:05pm
Optimist wrote:

The Libs tried to bring in an ICAC but wouldn’t allow it to be a kangaroo court media circus. The senate and Labor disagreed. The libs wanted it handled independently and properly then the outcome published and any bad guys charged without a boring and inaccurate nightly update on the news for months or years on end.

Wow. Just wow.

That's genuinely your interpretation of what happened?

"The Coalition’s commonwealth integrity commission will not conduct public hearings or release reports into alleged corruption by public servants and politicians, the attorney general has confirmed."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/nov/02/coalition-announc...

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:23pm

Anne Ruston, just another cold hearted bitch. Perfect for future health. Perfect fit for scomo.
Weak government at it's best.

You know why Scomo likes holidays overseas?
Because he's not wanted or liked in his own country. It's simpler for him. Easier to hide than to deliver.
Farcical from day one. Why let it continue? Take a risk Australia because they haven't got your back. No matter the scene they paint leading up to election time. Actions count. Anything less is egalitarian waffle..

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:12pm

I made a mistake, unemployment benefits aren’t $46 a day they are $46 a week. Will we see this gaffe on tonight’s news , unlikely.

can you imagine the media response if this was Albo Mr Speaker

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:27pm

Ha ha this is what you call a mistake, when you say something accidentally that isn't correct even though you obviously know the correct answer, this is what it's called to be human.

It quite different to not actually knowing something like say the unemployment rate or cash rate important basic stats related to the job, not knowing these things isn't a mistake its just ignorance.

But i doubt you would get why these two things are different.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:36pm

With all the important words and numbers getting thrown round at election time it's amazing they have wasted another four years. What have they truly delivered outside a shitstorm. Not much. Ah the all important stats. Should I base my life on the law of averages? Or political deceit.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:42pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Ha ha this is what you call a mistake, when you say something accidentally that isn't correct even though you obviously know the correct answer, this is what it's called to be human.

It quite different to not actually knowing something like say the unemployment rate or cash rate important basic stats related to the job, not knowing these things isn't a mistake its just ignorance.

But i doubt you would get why these two things are different.

Off course Mr Speaker

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:42pm

'The first major survey of the campaign revealed a reversal of fortune for the two leaders, with Morrison leading Albanese as preferred prime minister by 38 to 30 per cent after the Labor leader held the advantage two weeks ago with a lead of 37 to 36 per cent.' Source : The Age 18/4/22.
It seems that despite the best efforts of the Labor stooges here to convince us otherwise, the preferred PM is Scomo (and rising) with Albosleazy way behind (and falling). Best that the stooges STFU as per advice given to their beloved leader lest support amongst normal people ie. non-stooges, evaporates completely before the election.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:43pm
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:44pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Optimist wrote:

I get why LNP are avoiding bringing in an ICAC and why Labor voters keep banging on about it.

LNP have been in power for 9 years obviously it would hurt them most, if Labor had been in power for the last 9 years they would be avoiding it too and LNP voters calling for an ICAC.

It is what it is, its important to Labor voters because they just dont have much else to bang on about, its pretty hard to write off a government that has managed the economy so well especially through a once in one hundred year pandemic, especially when you leader just had a train wreck of a week and clearly not up to standard to be PM.

A lot of what people class as corruption is pretty petty though, pork barrelling for instance isn't corruption, both sides do it, it's just common sense management of funds, you look after and reward those that vote for you and you spend in areas where its possible win voters over, while an area you have no chance you spend the minimum possible, id be pissed if a LNP government didnt do this, because there is only so much $$$ to go around..

You do realise that it should be a permanent body ICAC, so in future any political party will be held to account???
Would that not be a good thing? Is it LNP corruption good, Labor corruption bad? Did not hear LNP pollies complaining when Obeid and MacDonald got done, which they deserved.
You cannot see the problem that entrenched corruption could do to our democracy. Actually what is happening with white anting of institutions and normalisation of blatantly corrupt behaviour avoiding any public oversight.
You do not address any of the points put to you but in Scomo style run off about how good the economy is (it isn't) and then Labor baaad ok, Greens woke woke woke... Mr Speaka!!
Then trying to tie on pork barrelling to corruption. It has been highlighted many times in this forum many cases of corrupt behaviour, so you are just deflecting.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:45pm
Cockee wrote:

'The first major survey of the campaign revealed a reversal of fortune for the two leaders, with Morrison leading Albanese as preferred prime minister by 38 to 30 per cent after the Labor leader held the advantage two weeks ago with a lead of 37 to 36 per cent.' Source : The Age 18/4/22.
It seems that despite the best efforts of the Labor stooges here to convince us otherwise, the preferred PM is Scomo (and rising) with Albosleazy way behind (and falling). Best that the stooges STFU as per advice given to their beloved leader lest support amongst normal people ie. non-stooges, evaporates completely before the election.

No mention that the 2 party preferred was still at 53-47 for Labor??

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 18 Apr 2022 at 2:54pm

I want to hear from Ita Buttrose. ABCTV been stacked with Murdoch allies. Instead of wrecking the ABC, is Abc now a tool for Murdoch to promote his agenda & products FREE OF CHARGE? example, abcnews showed every cover of every Murdoch paper. They have guests from fox tv shows.
It's the most suss election coverage I have ever seen