The Necessity of Reparation for Historic Injustices

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Sunday, 25 Jul 2021 at 1:26pm

Uni assignment i did a few years ago. This is my take on things. I'm sure this will ruffle many feathers. I hope so.
Love Blue Diamond x

The Necessity of Reparation for Historic Injustices

Introduction – Compensatory Justice
Disparities between the standards of living of humans on this planet have long been a part of our history on this planet. From the wealthy nations of the West to the developing and undeveloped nations on this globe, the diversity in the quality of life when viewed from a moral standpoint are without a doubt grossly unfair.
In this paper I will look at why historic injustices do require some form of reparation. I take a strong stance that we are more obliged to solve current injustices than to provide reparation for every act of injustice in the past. In doing this I will first investigate the historic injustice of the Aboriginal people of Australia and I will look at the argument that they are entitled to some form of reparation and why.
I will incoroporate some interesting views from Jeremy Waldron, Robert Nozick and others which will help me slowly build to my conclusion that reparation should be in the form of Non Indigenous Australians surrendering some of our priveleges as a form of reparation.

Historic Injustices to Indigenous Australians:
Australia the continent was well inhabited for many years long before white settlement. It is commonly known that in 1788 Australia was colonised as a country under the rule of the British Empire, with total contempt for the fact that it was already inhabited by a native indigenous race of people.
The way the original inhabitants have been treated, including forced assimilation, execution, stolen families and not even allowed to be recognised as citizens for a large part of white Australia’s history are also well known facts. (Poole, 1999,pp114-142)
There exists now a situation where there is a large divide between Aboriginal and non Aboriginal Australian’s that can be traced back to the moment Australia was invaded by English settlers and the brutal and unfair treatment that has followed.
So at this point now, in 2013 what is the just and fair way to make amends for past actions?
I would argue that a moderate to large amount of reparation is overdue for this nation of people, the Aboriginal people. But there are many challenges to this view point especially that of how much reparation, and what sort of compensation.

Past injustices or present suffering?
One of the questions raised in an issue like this is whether it is better to provide compensation or reparation for past deeds, which have already been done in a previous generation and cannot be changed, or whether it is better to now provide assistance to those who are suffering in their current situations and consider that as a form of moral duty.
To understand this we need to delve a little deeper into this issue and hear some differing viewpoints.
Firstly we need to understand what the best way to provide reparation. How do we judge what is the best way of giving back and how much? Jeremy Waldron states “The historic record has a fragility that consists, …in the sheer contingency of what happened in the past” (Waldron,1992,p5 )
This is saying that we can’t trace every single injustice back to the original act therefore reparation for every act would be almost impossible because it would ultimately be guess work.
In this statement he has an objection from Robert Nozick who believes it is in fact possible to address this problem by “changing the present so that it resembles how the past would have looked had the injustice not taken place” (McKenzie, 2013)
This would be a way to ultimately provide maximum reparation, but is it the correct approach? I believe this is a fairly radical approach, although it does have some merits in the fact it would be working in a positive way for indigenous people, I don’t think it is entirely the right way to deal with these issues but it is on the right track.
Waldron argues that it is based on too many unknowns. “The status of counterfactual reasoning about the exercising of human reasoning of human freedom is unclear”(Waldron 1993,p10)
Which leaves the question somewhat open about the sort of reparation that is required, but provides one clear answer to the key question. Both agree that yes, reparation to some extent is required. But how much and in what form?
Another philosopher who leans more towards Waldron’s views is Kymlicka. He is somewhat more straightforward in his assessment that property rights in particular for Aboriginals would create “massive unfairness” and also he maintains the argument “Aboriginal rights must be grounded in concerns about equality and contemporary disadvantage. (McKenzie, 2013) I agree with both these views but I don’t think they provide any active solutions.

The Solution?
So if its not handing back all of Australia’s land to the original inhabitants that is the most appropriate way to deal with past injustices, then what is?
I look at the current country I grew up in, as a white Australian. I ask myself why I never had Aboriginal friends growing up, no understanding of Aboriginal culture and why my basic understanding of Indigenous Australians is mostly 200 years old. I look at our flag, a symbol of a nation that stole a country from its original inhabitants, with no recognition of the Indigenous people at all on it. I see that Australia considered Indigenous people as less than people until only 40 years ago and I see the way that Indigenous Australians live a completely separate life to the way of life I know as an Australian. I see that the only indigenous politician I am aware of is a former Olympian and it is because of this fact of her sporting status that I know this. I see no collective power or representation of Indigenous Australians and I see non Indigenous Australians,( a culture built on a history of stealing a land and mistreating its people) still taking, taking as much out of this land as they can, with little to no regard of sharing or giving to the original inhabitants. I see a government that says lots of words about ‘closing the gap’ and bringing the living standards of non- indigenous and indigenous Australians closer together, but apart from nice words, there is no conviction, no follow through, just assimilation , and all that still remains are injustices.
As stated by Sparrow, “Continuity gives rise to responsibility on part of present generations of Australians for our history”.(McKenzie,2013). Although deeds happened in the past beyond our control, what we do now to either ignore, or rectify these issues will reflect on us in history. So if we choose to do nothing, we are contributing to the history of the mistreatment of non- indigenous Australians. And this is simply unacceptable in my opinion.

Conclusion
So what is fair? I believe that the way forward is a surrendering of some of our privileges as non- indigenous Australians. The simple fact is it was morally wrong without a doubt what has happened in the past. And it is also morally wrong without a doubt to ignore these facts and not offer some form of reparation in the present. But how much?
I think that going back to Robert Nozick’s argument is a start. I think Nozick is wrong to make the present resemble the past in every aspect. But I do think that it would be reasonable to restore some aspects of the way things should be. The things that happened in the past were out of our control and we can’t go back to changing the way things were. But we could change the way things are.
For some examples. Why not give at least 50% of political power to indigenous people? It surely would be a fair thing to do considering this is their country. Media control. 50 percent. Industry. Realestate. The list goes on. Why do we not acknowledge the indigenous people on our flag, or better still use their flag? Why is Australia still a part of the Commonwealth when it serves little purpose to any of us and serves as a constant reminder to Indigenous Australians that they are still controlled by the original invaders. These to me are fairly simple reparations that would have minimal impact on Australia as a whole. Perhaps, it would alter the way we live but I think it is our responsibility, morally to forfeit some of our privileges for the greater good. Basically a little bit goes a long way.
In closing, it is a fact that a huge injustice occurred to the Indigenous population and suffering continues to this day. There is no easy solution to such a burden of pain. I believe the only solutions are for the non- Indigenous population to take responsibility and sacrifice our own way of life to bring about an overall equality. Sacrifice is not an easy word. But it all comes down to right and wrong. We are in a position to give, in this current generation. What are we so scared to lose, that was never ours in the first place??

Bibliography
McKenzie,C.”Prof” (2013), Lecture, Historic Injustices and Indigenous Rights, Macquarie University
Poole, R. (1999). Nation and Identity.Routledge, London, pp.114-142
Waldron,J. (1992). ‘Superseding Historic Injustice’. Ethics, 103 (1), 4-28

References
Poole, R. (1999). Nation and Identity.Routledge, London, pp.114-142
Waldron,J. (1992). ‘Superseding Historic Injustice’. Ethics, 103 (1), 4-28

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 3:22pm

Who’s your pick for a strong women PM ? Sussy Ley or Janny Hume ? Don’t think the Liberals will let JP run the show somehow.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 7:50pm
Supafreak wrote:

Who’s your pick for a strong women PM ? Sussy Ley or Janny Hume ? Don’t think the Liberals will let JP run the show somehow.

Just don’t mention Margaret Thatcher unless your aim is a mass outbreak of priapism over at Fox News

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 7:53pm

Ha ha here we go again, this thread is as good as any, good on the guys for calling her what she is, she really is out doing Pauline now.

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 8:14pm

I had to google ‘ priapism ‘

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 8:26pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Ha ha here we go again, this thread is as good as any, good on the guys for calling her what she is, she really is out doing Pauline now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV4uvOn8Mzo

Single termer for sure if she doesn’t resign in disgrace before then. Calling a white lady a little white c…t wtf

eat-your-vegies Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 10:03pm

I don’t think she’ll resign

She’s “ empowered” now

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 10:34pm

Bloody oath. I wonder who’s she’s supporting with this behavior.
I would like to rephrase my comment above to ‘calling a lady a little white c…t’ because upon re reading the way I first wrote it it sounds a bit Jim Crow.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 16 Apr 2023 at 10:59pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-16/minister-says-child-abuse-claims-... NT police minister says Peter Dutton, Jacinta Nampijinpa Price failed to report claims of child sexual abuse in Alice Springs

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 6:10am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Oh dear... Whether you support the Greens or not, you can agree that they dodged a bullet having her leave...
She's cooked.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 6:14am
Supafreak wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-16/minister-says-child-abuse-claims-... NT police minister says Peter Dutton, Jacinta Nampijinpa Price failed to report claims of child sexual abuse in Alice Springs

No surprise there....

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 6:19pm

50M of compensation to be shared amongst 1200 members of the next of kin of the stolen generation who were affected directly by it.
I think that's a fair and reasonable reparation/compensation, although not sure how the exact dollar figure was met.
But there is trauma that has been carried through from that stolen generation and i think in this instance, a monetary compensation is fair and just.
I hope it helps in some small way heal some of the wounds for that particular group of people and provide some light moving forward for the next generations.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-17/nt-stolen-generations-class-actio...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 7:31pm
southernraw wrote:

50M of compensation to be shared amongst 1200 members of the next of kin of the stolen generation who were affected directly by it.
I think that's a fair and reasonable reparation/compensation, although not sure how the exact dollar figure was met.
But there is trauma that has been carried through from that stolen generation and i think in this instance, a monetary compensation is fair and just.
I hope it helps in some small way heal some of the wounds for that particular group of people and provide some light moving forward for the next generations.

So roughly about $40K+ each

Thats a lot better deal than the $10K mothers got as victims of forced adoption policy between 1950's to 1980's

It's basically the same thing another stolen generation, but weirdly it gets little media focus, many people dont even know about it.

"About 400,000 adoptions happened in that period, the number of forced adoptions unknown, but numbers in the thousands, women who gave birth between 1958 to 1984 suffered trauma as a result of forced adoption practices by hospitals and other organisations. Women were often sent to institutions which were run by religious and other bodies. Sadly, many of those women were subjected to abuse as well as cruel and degrading treatment, including being restrained (either by medication, physical force or violence), being separated immediately from their newborn baby, and being coerced into signing consent forms for the adoption of their baby, against their wishes"

Mostly due to women getting pregnant out of wedlock, so family etc often forced them to give up the baby, in many cases the mother never even saw the baby, just pop it out and nurse took it away, sad shit.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 7:40pm
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Oh dear... Whether you support the Greens or not, you can agree that they dodged a bullet having her leave...
She's cooked.

I just wish she was still in the Greens :P

No way she will get re-elected as an independent after her latest run.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 8:04pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

She's cooked.

I just wish she was still in the Greens :P

No way she will get re-elected as an independent after her latest run.

Haha... Yeah she would have not been good for them!
Yep, reckon her political career is done...
Think any high profile Pollie would realise going to a strip club is not going to be a good look. From memory KRudd got into a bit of a pickle re strip club without abusing other patrons....
No hand phone cameras back then ...

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Monday, 17 Apr 2023 at 8:13pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
southernraw wrote:

So roughly about $40K+ each

Thats a lot better deal than the $10K mothers got as victims of forced adoption policy between 1950's to 1980's

It's basically the same thing another stolen generation, but weirdly it gets little media focus, many people dont even know about it.

"About 400,000 adoptions happened in that period, the number of forced adoptions unknown, but numbers in the thousands, women who gave birth between 1958 to 1984 suffered trauma as a result of forced adoption practices by hospitals and other organisations. Women were often sent to institutions which were run by religious and other bodies. Sadly, many of those women were subjected to abuse as well as cruel and degrading treatment, including being restrained (either by medication, physical force or violence), being separated immediately from their newborn baby, and being coerced into signing consent forms for the adoption of their baby, against their wishes"

Mostly due to women getting pregnant out of wedlock, so family etc often forced them to give up the baby, in many cases the mother never even saw the baby, just pop it out and nurse took it away, sad shit.

Yep that is sad.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 12:11pm

Congrats to Jacinta for getting appointed to Shadow Minister for Indigenous Australians. (bring on the haters)

And the other indigenous lady Kerryne being appointed to Shadow child protection minister.

She sounds like the real deal too, indigenous born in Alice springs, from SA (first indigenous senator from SA) sounds like from a hardworking blue collar family, she seems to have real life experience but also decent amount of political experience

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrynne_Liddle

Great to see women getting the role's too, much better fit than some out of touch old white city born and breed guy like Lesser.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 12:05pm

"Massive boost: Jacinta Price, Kerrynne Liddle just what Coalition needs"

The elevation of Indigenous senators Jacinta Price and Kerrynne Liddle into Peter Dutton’s shadow ministry is a massive boost for the Opposition Leader’s campaign against Anthony Albanese’s voice model.

Julian Leeser’s resignation as opposition Indigenous Australians and legal affairs spokesman allows Dutton to pit Price against Linda Burney and former attorney-general Michaelia Cash against Mark Dreyfus.

It never made sense for Leeser to hold both portfolios and the combination of Price and Cash means the Coalition can spread its resources across key political battlegrounds.

As child protection spokeswoman, Liddle will prosecute the Coalition’s focus on systemic failures to address child sexual abuse and family violence in Indigenous communities.

Price and Liddle, from Northern Territory and South Australia, are exactly what the Coalition needs. They are intelligent, forthright and speak from lived experience.

More:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/massive-boost-jacinta-price-...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 1:14pm

Congratulations JP , hope she kicks some goals . Do you subscribe to the Australian @ indo ?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 1:57pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

"Massive boost: Jacinta Price, Kerrynne Liddle just what Coalition needs"

The elevation of Indigenous senators Jacinta Price and Kerrynne Liddle into Peter Dutton’s shadow ministry is a massive boost for the Opposition Leader’s campaign against Anthony Albanese’s voice model.

Julian Leeser’s resignation as opposition Indigenous Australians and legal affairs spokesman allows Dutton to pit Price against Linda Burney and former attorney-general Michaelia Cash against Mark Dreyfus.

It never made sense for Leeser to hold both portfolios and the combination of Price and Cash means the Coalition can spread its resources across key political battlegrounds.

As child protection spokeswoman, Liddle will prosecute the Coalition’s focus on systemic failures to address child sexual abuse and family violence in Indigenous communities.

Price and Liddle, from Northern Territory and South Australia, are exactly what the Coalition needs. They are intelligent, forthright and speak from lived experience.

More:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/massive-boost-jacinta-price-...

Do not reckon she will perform very well in parliament if her news interviews are any indication.
We shall see....
Sky news/ Murdoch mob will no doubt offer support but they are looking to being losing influence, except for the rusted on RWNJ's.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 2:46pm
Supafreak wrote:

Congratulations JP , hope she kicks some goals . Do you subscribe to the Australian @ indo ?

No, sometimes it lets you read it when link is from google, but then if link shared doesn't, i just get a subscribe page now..

If i was going to subscribe to any news media, the Australian would be my choice though, i get another left bias news from listening to ABC radio, so would be good to have some balance.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 3:13pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

No, sometimes it lets you read it when link is from google, but then if link shared doesn't, i just get a subscribe page now..

If i was going to subscribe to any news media, the Australian would be my choice though, i get another left bias news from listening to ABC radio, so would be good to have some balance.

I was sincere about hopefully JP kicks some goals , I would much rather see politicians working together for the benefit for all Australians , be interesting to watch how she performs.

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 5:30pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Like flys to a turd.

So trigger by an indigenous lady who doesn't think or act in the way old white guys think she should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd7J4lNW4-M&t=15s

spot on indo! this is the point i tried to make in "oz your standing in it" obviously wasted on the yes zealots.
"do not speak knowledge to a fool as you will only vex your spirit"...not the exact phrase but maybe some swillnutter can help? this is from the "torah" (hebrew) and allso in the Quaran (islam).

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 7:35pm

https://capturedstates.substack.com/p/the-man-who-wont-listen “ After a string of softballs from the media pack, an admirable journalist, Lee Robinson, told Dutton that the local traditional owners and Central Land Council support the Voice and the Uluru Statement from the Heart. Why, the journalist asked, had Dutton not met with the groups during his multiple trips to Alice Springs?

Dutton's answer was revealing. “I'll let those groups speak for themselves,” he said, and went on to describe what untraceable shopping centre patrons had supposedly told him. He didn't explain why he hadn't met with local Aboriginal leaders. He was focused on people who shared his views. “ This was where Dutton's Voice position broke down completely. Local Aboriginal leaders — democratically elected by their communities — were disappointed that Dutton had not met with them and heard why the Voice and the Uluru Statement from the Heart are so important to their communities. Further, Dutton didn't commit to meeting with them while he was in Alice Springs this time. …… It's worth explaining who Dutton was snubbing. The Central Land Council is 90 democratically-elected Aboriginal people from central Australia. They cover 770,000km² and speak 15 languages. Their territory includes Alice Springs. They have been elected by their communities ‘to represent them and fight for their rights'.……. All four Land Councils in the Northern Territory endorse the Uluru Statement and want the Voice. So do democratically elected Land Councils all over Australia. Grassroots Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations do too. Polls show 80 per cent of Indigenous people support the Voice proposal. This is who Dutton opposes………… What good are regional Voices if the leader of the Coalition is already refusing to meet with them? ………. Maybe spud just wants to hear from regional voices that he personally selects .

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 7:48pm

Thanks SF

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 7:50pm

“So trigger by an indigenous lady who doesn't think or act in the way old white guys think she should.”
And she certainly doesn’t act in the way that all those indigenous crew in central Australian think she should.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 7:54pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Congrats to Jacinta for getting appointed to Shadow Minister for Indigenous Australians. (bring on the haters)

And the other indigenous lady Kerryne being appointed to Shadow child protection minister.

She sounds like the real deal too, indigenous born in Alice springs, from SA (first indigenous senator from SA) sounds like from a hardworking blue collar family, she seems to have real life experience but also decent amount of political experience

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrynne_Liddle

Great to see women getting the role's too, much better fit than some out of touch old white city born and breed guy like Lesser.

Cannon fodder Indo, ladies for the hard white right to hide behind.

Price supports a local voice (already exists) but wants child protection run from Canberra note the conflict.

Price speaks well but the hard right will throw her under a bus.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 8:05pm

If it’s reasonable to state that the only chance the LNP have of ever winning back government is to return to the centre right many questions flow from Dutton’s decisions today which further alienates his once moderate supporters.

Questions like will he still be leader in 12 months or after the next election? If he is still leader at the next election will he retain his (marginal) seat and/or how many more seats will the party lose? All of these questions and more will have consequences for JP’s career because here on end as minister she will be in conflict with 90+% of her Aboriginal constituents which will further entrench her and Dutton as politicians out of step with the electorate.

Perhaps today will prove to be a pivotal moment in the future decline/ destruction of the once liberal party.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 18 Apr 2023 at 9:31pm

Feb 2018 Welcome to Country (True Agenda Exposed)
"The biggest fear of all is that Jacinta Price will one day become Minister of Indigenous Affairs!"
https://www.welcometocountry.org/jacinta-price-agenda-federal-politics/

Urgent Memo to future biggest loser Dutto...Don't give that Job to that chick...((( Red Light Flashing )))

Jacinta : "Fuck ya Voice....It's all mine precious...my very own Southern Mission!"

That Chick : "Happily abuse Violent Men to Bully rival sister Sam outta #1 Safe Senate seat!"

JR terrorized, hounded & bullied Sam outta safe CLP Senate Ticket of NT 1x ALP / 1x CLP (Since 1975)
#1 CLP Bully JR ~ Silver spooned Jacinta's Golden Ticket...(That's my good little bully boy!)
Plenty written 'bout that...
https://ntindependent.com.au/senator-sam-mcmahon-accuses-former-staffer-...

So how did Dutto's 'Warrior' go on the battlefield...look away gromz...bloodbath it was!

2022 Largest Aboriginal Seat: 1 ALP -4.50% > (2 NCP -4.97%) > 3 Green +2.03% 4 LD (Sam)+ 9.27%
6 candidates improved Vote % (Correct!) Jacinta lost the most vote% apart from Clive's Mob!
Jacinta lost most NT votes 5,567 of Sam's 38,153 Votes > Jacinta's Mob are fast becoming extinct!
Don't need to bully the Green Ant to see Jacinta is #1 Liability for Indigenous Affairs!

Why! That's easy...She's not Arrernte, she's not from Alice Springs but keeps trashing Alice on Telly!
Not surprisingly, locals rate shitting over yer adopted town as shitty representation...
(Here's their idea of representation!)
"We don't want to be the Voice in Canberra (Like Jacinta wants to be!) > We want a Voice in Canberra!"
Sounds pretty reasonable but a world away from [L] Name'n'shame / Fear'n'Doubt machine!
https://www.crikey.com.au/2023/04/14/jacinta-price-peter-dutton-alice-sp...

Jacinta is officially CLP senate seat's biggest Vote loser...sure! No one likes a Bully with a parachute!

Coming in 2nd CLP Jacinta lost 4.97% (National Swings CLP -0.07% > Nat 0.72% > LNP -4.28%)
Jacinta's poison is not only dragging down Territorian Votes but more so her Coalition partners in NT.

Meanwhile back to bullied outta her CLP seat victim Sam...
Sam increased her Vote by 9.27% ...If Sam was still the NT CLP candidate she would've crushed ALP.
Yeah! CLP #1 NT All here know that's a bit too positive for biggest most hateful Coalition losers.
Simple as that folks...Coalition bumped NT#1 Candidate to parachute in worst choice candidate Jacinta!
Exactly how First Nation Voted...Whopping 15% difference to [L] Party Machine!
Again we see this in today's poor [L] choice! Massive kick in the Guts for First Nation's AEC Ballot Voice

JR crowd funded Jacinta's Golden Ticketed Silver Spoon Safest Parachuted Seat...#1 Bully Loser!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/6tv0qvk

Wotz clear to all is Jacinta is least liked in her Electorate & Mob flocked 15% toward Sam & others.
Voters flocked to anyone but Jacinta / Clive or even ALP in 2022 Election...(Message there for All!)
2022 Aboriginal Voters Verdict : "Jacinta is 'Currently' least favoured & trusted with Aboriginal Affairs!"

So why are [L] Backing her for Aboriginal Affairs...Well that's pretty darn obvious to all...Votes! Huh!
Yes! Yes! We can all very well read wot AEC recorded...but we're talking about restocking National Vote!
Jacinta is fast losing First Nation Vote but her vitriol is a bitter sweet symphony to City [L] Voter base.
Furrows her John Howard Eyebrows...$millions get poured into the Kitty.

Team [L] are 'cleverly' exploiting The Voice to claw back their racially motivated Vote % base.
Crew all see that the Racially motivated Vote is climbing to 50%...never again will [L] get such a freebie!
The Voice is the greatest free kick leveller for a Team of [L]osers!
Haters gonna Hate so much they'll flock to expert Team Hate of Dutto/Abbott /Jacinta/Pauline/Barnaby
Kinda like I hate all that shit that they hate...Voice Reffo ramps Anti-Everything from 30% > 50% Poll!
This Voice Anger restocks the angry Lib Base > Dutto scores a much needed Poll Boost!

Are you Satisfied Dutto is shitting over the Voice enough = Jan 32% > April 37% (Oh Yes Please Master!)
Are you Dissatisfied with Dutto's level of Hatred for The Voice = No! Never! = Dissatisfied % Plummets!
Preferred Overlord = Aug 2022 =21.5% > April 2023 =27.5% (Record high, born from Voice hatred!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_Australian_fe...

See how this works people...(Wanna see that again...Ok! Just a small sample...this is powerful Voodoo!)
Dissatisfied with Albo for not lopping off Voldemort's Head : June 2022= 22% > April 2023 = 36%
So dissatisfied that cowardly Albo just crossed over into Valdemorte's darkside world of dissatisfaction.
The Voice has exposed & now ramping Albo's dissatisfied fan base...Who knew he had one! That's New!
Exactly People...Feel Valdemorte reach in & squeeze Albo's soft bits...all in good clean fun of course!

{Voice -The Musical} keeps Polling well above The Voice Referendum...All say Aye...we're not Stupid!

AEC's fastest Aboriginal Vote shedding Pollie is awarded Top Gong for [L] Aboriginal Affairs!
Recapping that Jacinta recently lost more Territorian votes faster than Scomo's [L]oser Team...
Jacinta is [L] #1 Vote [L]iability...So why did Dutto handpick his "Warrior" Aboriginal Pollie.

Just as Albo is enrolling future First Nation ALP votes Dutto is clawing back darkside voter base.
Jacinta is overly qualified #1 Oz choice to stoke Voice Committee disunity until next Fed election!
Dutto is stoked with his secret weapon to torpedo Voice outcome for years to come.

This massive Voice of Hate is powering up Valdemorte to scare Albo half to Death!
Dutto is asking if ya could just surrender to the Power of The Evil Eyebrows...you know ya want to!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 6:58am
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

The Australian is owned by Murdoch's News Corp who just had to settle a huge law suite in USA for across all their platforms knowingly lying. The same company that in the UK bugged a dead girls phone. A company in Australia that are continually caught out lying, omitting the truth and have obvious political bias with the owner having close ties to IPA which the LNP are basically the political arm for . Yeah good choice!!
Sure all media organisations will have bias, but News Corp has continually demonstrated its bias by outright knowingly bullshitting....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 7:13am

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 7:34am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Haha....
Ok then Newscorpe is trustworthy!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 8:04am
andy-mac wrote:

Haha....

Name me one single media company that is trust worthy????

They ALL have bias they all spin a lot of shit to pander to their audience for clicks, some just spin blatant BS which is easy to spot, others are possibly worse appearing to be factual on the face of things, but leaving out important aspects of a story that would otherwise change your perspective and understanding of an issue.

I mean ABC are suppose to be one of the most non bias factual media outlets and even they in reality have huge bias and even get caught out at times.

A great recent example relevant to this thread is recent reporting on the Alice Springs issues that saw them beating up locals concerns as “total white supremacist fest”

Even their own ombudsman found it breached its editorial guidelines of accuracy and impartiality.

BTW. The meme wasn't just aimed at you, it was aimed at the whole page of everything is right wing crew.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 10:14am

Indo the other day
"Congrats to Jacinta for getting appointed to Shadow Minister for Indigenous Australians. (bring on the haters),,,
Great to see women getting the role's too, much better fit than some out of touch old white city born and breed guy like Lesser."

Fin. Review's Joe Aston today:

"Well, aren’t things just looking super-promising for the federal opposition?
The Liberal brand presently emanates a passé stench in every major Australian city and Peter Dutton’s answer is to appoint Darwin tub-thumper Jacinta Price to the shadow cabinet. What a way to win back the centre.
There’s the political wilderness, then there’s reserving a critical frontbench position for someone better suited to a starring role in I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here.
Julian Leeser resigned as shadow attorney-general and shadow minister for Indigenous Australians last week. He is a former associate to a High Court justice and once a fellow at Harvard’s Kennedy school. There is no question he was equipped to consider the finer matters of constitutional reform.
Before her election to the Alice Springs Town Council, Price was a former rapper, singer and children’s television identity....
Without any intellectual heft to speak of, it is much easier to attract attention on the outer margins than it is to be in the mainstream proposing solutions. It’s also an easy segue from being an amateur rapper in the Northern Territory...
Unfortunately, conservative politics continues to attract these sorts of characters, people uninterested in solving problems, people more concerned with showmanship for the tedious, wacko fringes of Sky News, people with a flair for drawing the spotlight to themselves but with nothing beneath their punchlines.
Dutton now finds himself in an invidious position – one of several! – whereby the talent pool for his first XVIII is dominated by such people."
https://www.afr.com/rear-window/jacinta-price-takes-the-barnaby-joyce-ro...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 10:58am

@adam12

Look we will have to wait and see how this turns out, but im personally very happy with her getting the position its amazing to see her grow over the last few years.

Sure Jacinta doesn't have experience in politics at that level but she does have experience in local leadership roles and still has some experience in politics and she also has a mother with political experience for support.

And the position is being divided into two roles so less pressure on her, and what she does have though is complete relevance to the role being Indigenous, not from the city, lived and breathed indigenous issues and has complete passion and knowledge of the issues, to me thats more important than anything.

And yeah she is young at 41 but it's not like she is some crazy immature Lidia type politician laying in front of floats, or crashing events, or having clashes with people at 3:00am outside strip clubs, she has shown the maturity needed and will only mature more with age.

But yeah all that said on the flipside Peter Garret was gifted a position in parliament by Labor purely on his name, being nothing more than a musician and activist with even less time in any type of political or leadership roles, and he was a complete failure.

But it doesn't mean Jacinta will be, in Peter's case it was even worse as he was in a government whom was in power while Jacinta isn't, so she has far less pressure on her than he would have had.

Anyway is it any surprise that you Adam think's an out of touch spoon in his mouth old white guy from the city, is more suited to being Shadow Minister for Indigenous Australians, than an actually indigenous women from central Australia who has lived and breathed the issues

No it's no surprise to me whatsoever.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 11:58am

"an out of touch spoon in his mouth old white guy from the city"

Hahaha, you're hilarious Indo!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 1:03pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Haha....

Name me one single media company that is trust worthy????

They ALL have bias they all spin a lot of shit to pander to their audience for clicks, some just spin blatant BS which is easy to spot, others are possibly worse appearing to be factual on the face of things, but leaving out important aspects of a story that would otherwise change your perspective and understanding of an issue.

I mean ABC are suppose to be one of the most non bias factual media outlets and even they in reality have huge bias and even get caught out at times.

A great recent example relevant to this thread is recent reporting on the Alice Springs issues that saw them beating up locals concerns as “total white supremacist fest”

Even their own ombudsman found it breached its editorial guidelines of accuracy and impartiality.

BTW. The meme wasn't just aimed at you, it was aimed at the whole page of everything is right wing crew.

Agree that all news is intrinsically going to have some bias. However, Newscorp as far as I am aware are the only one who have had to pay out over $1billion for being sued over a campaign of deliberate bullshit (more cases in pipeline). And yeah in the UK bugging a dead girl's phone.

Not really in same category, Newscorp win the BS trophy every time!!!!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 1:08pm

Spuds taken another nosedive in the polls, I wonder if he can work out where he’s gone wrong ? https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/the-rapid-rise-of-jacinta-nampij...

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 1:18pm

Starting to wear those glasses hasn’t helped at all

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 1:21pm

Indo "Anyway is it any surprise that you Adam think's an out of touch spoon in his mouth old white guy from the city, is more suited to being Shadow Minister for Indigenous Australians, than an actually indigenous women from central Australia who has lived and breathed the issues
No it's no surprise to me whatsoever."

They're not my words, they are the words of a columnist in perhaps the most conservative publication in Australia, The Australian Financial Review, owned and run by the Nine Group, chairman Peter Costello. When your own side reckons she's a dud maybe it's time to reconsider your fanboy approach, when her own people say she doesn't represent them then it confirms her token appointment. Ministers and shadow Ministers should not be rank amateurs selected on skin colour and given "time to grow". The business of governing and holding a government to account is serious, important and highly paid with taxpayer money. You should probably take down her posters from your bedroom wall.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:17pm

Look Adam, you are just another muppet that cant stand the fact an indigenous women doesn't think the way you believe she should, it clearly drive's you and others crazy, and you guys sure waste a lot of time dissing her, which only tells me she is doing a lot right.

As for your opinion piece article, thats all it is an opinion piece article, I dont know much about the Australian financial review, but i do know when i pick up a Murdoch paper like the Herald Sun i sometimes see completely different opinion piece views in the same paper even on opposite pages.

This idea of my side all sharing the same view's on everything is crazy, yes we share a lot in common but we dont share the same view on everything.

But this is your problem, you think all indigenous people must think the same, all conservatives must think the same, all LNP members must think the same on every issue.

I guess you find the concept of this not being true hard to understand because your so called side doesn't think like this, on your so called side, you must tow the line and be told how to think, we even see this in the Labor party who very rarely cross the floor i think they get booted if they do?, obviously the extreme example is communism that some on the left think is a great idea.

As for being elected based on skin colour, i and many would argue there isn't one person in Australia better suited to the job and it seemed like the obvious choice to me and many others, its like giving Kelly a commentary slot on the WSL when he retires, might not happen but makes a lot of sense, cant think of anybody being more suited to the job,

But okay the question is will the system chew her up and spit her out like it did Peter Garrett?

Because yeah it wont always be easy for her, she still clearly has passion and wears her heart on her sleeve, which is good, but when you actually care about issue's im sure it also must be real hard to be in politics, because you cant always get what you want and you must compromise a lot, which must be very frustrating.

We saw this with Peter Garrett, many dissed him saying he sold out, i don't agree, while i dont agree with his politics, i think its better he tried, and went in and played the game which includes a lot of compromise and not getting everything you wish, but IMHO its better to have had a go and tried to get in there and bring change and influence from within, rather than never tried.

So respect to Peter for trying and respect to Jacinta for getting to where she is too and having a go, if for some reason she gets spat out, it will be disappointing, but still glad that she had a go.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:17pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Look Adam, you are just another muppet that cant stand the fact an indigenous women doesn't think the way you believe she should, it clearly drive's you and others crazy, and you guys sure waste a lot of time dissing her, which only tells me she is doing a lot right.

As for your opinion piece article, thats all it is an opinion piece article, I dont know much about the Australian financial review, but i do know when i pick up a Murdoch paper like the Herald Sun i sometimes see completely different opinion piece views in the same paper even on opposite pages.

This idea of my side all sharing the same view's on everything is crazy, yes we share a lot in common but we dont share the same view on everything.

But this is your problem, you think all indigenous people must think the same, all conservatives must think the same, all LNP members must think the same on every issue.

I guess you find the concept of this not being true hard to understand because your so called side doesn't think like this, on your so called side, you must tow the line and be told how to think, we even see this in the Labor party who very rarely cross the floor i think they get booted if they do?, obviously the extreme example is communism that some on the left think is a great idea.

As for being elected based on skin colour, i dont there isn't one person in Australia better suited to the job and it seemed like the obvious choice to me and many others, its like giving Kelly a commentary slot on the WSL when he retires, might not happen but makes a lot of sense, cant think of anybody being more suited to the job,

But okay the question is will the system chew her up and spit her out like it did Peter Garrett?

Because yeah it wont always be easy for her, she still clearly has passion and wears her heart on her sleeve, which is good, but when you actually care about issue's im sure it also must be real hard to be in politics, because you cant always get what you want and you must compromise a lot, which must be very frustrating.

We saw this with Peter Garrett, many dissed him saying he sold out, i don't agree, while i dont agree with his politics, i think its better he tried, and went in and played the game which includes a lot of compromise and not getting everything you wish, but IMHO its better to have had a go and tried to get in there and bring change and influence from within, rather than never tried.

So respect to Peter for trying and respect to Jacinta for getting to where she is too and having a go, if for some reason she gets spat out, it will be disappointing, but still glad that she had a go.

Long after the Voice has been decided, I can see Jacinta being a great asset for Dutton or his heir to ensure he stays leader of the opposition... ;)

That's assuming the Coalition survives...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:17pm

“you guys sure waste a lot of time dissing her, which only tells me she is doing a lot right.”

Now how can you argue with logic like that??

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:22pm

Indo, resorting to name calling "You're just a muppet", then telling me what side I am on, then telling me what I think, then resorting to whataboutism bringing up Garrett, then admitting you don't know much but you read the Herald Sun.
It's fun watching you squirm.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:34pm

noel pearson

trying to distance the identity politics from the 'identity politics'

https://capeyorkpartnership.org.au/noel-pearson-boyer-lecture-five/

(and saying some most interesting stuff about aboriginal identity and stuff - long overdue, pragmatic, and practical type stuff...)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:36pm

noel peason, saying all sorts of interesting stuff...

https://capeyorkpartnership.org.au/noel-pearson-boyer-lecture-two/

https://capeyorkpartnership.org.au/noel-pearson-boyer-lecture-three/

interestingly, he often talks a lot like indod on a lot of things... must be a conservative...

best not listen to him?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:32pm

...pity, he's almost talked me around...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 5:01pm
adam12 wrote:

Indo, resorting to name calling "You're just a muppet", then telling me what side I am on, then telling me what I think, then resorting to whataboutism bringing up Garrett, then admitting you don't know much but you read the Herald Sun.
It's fun watching you squirm.

I have no issue with the Herald Sun but these days dont really buy papers myself, but sometimes someone on a job site might buy one or before Covid i did enjoy reading the complimentary one in the Bakery or at Maccas, but doesn't seem like they do that anymore, because while we know Covid is more an airborne straight into the lungs thing, i guess its hard to drop the original idea that Covid is spreading like wildfire from us touching surfaces.

Squirm?

Sorry calling out your bullshit aint squirming.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 5:06pm
sypkan wrote:

noel peason, saying all sorts of interesting stuff...

https://capeyorkpartnership.org.au/noel-pearson-boyer-lecture-two/

https://capeyorkpartnership.org.au/noel-pearson-boyer-lecture-three/

interestingly, he often talks a lot like indod on a lot of things... must be a conservative...

best not listen to him?

Now you have me curious, i have to say i havent really read or listened to much from him, but surprisingly i have heard conservative leaders say while they dont agree with him on say the voice (or silly remarks around No voters) they still respect him or agree on some things with him and even call him a friend etc

Im guessing like Marcia Langton they actually do share some of mine and other's views, but then in the next breath spit out the typical cliche views.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is other views(hard truths) that they probably do believe or hold that align more with people like Jacinta, but expect they also fear how they might be viewed if share those views and also fear a backlash or loss of popularity with their own people.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 6:57pm

hey @info apart from campaigning against the Voice what else should JP be doing in her formal capacity as shadow minister for Indigenous affairs?