Cricket chat

Pops's picture
Pops started the topic in Thursday, 17 Dec 2020 at 9:57am

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 4:33pm

Holy moly! Just got back from work and saw this!!! Thought there was a mistake. Last innings for Oz is gonna be all time. Anything could happen in this crazy game.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 4:34pm

India's lowest ever total I think.

Wonder how many times no one has made double figures in an innings.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 4:34pm

Wow. And Shami hurt. Got interesting very quickly.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 4:35pm

Yeah hope he's alright, but I'd be stunned if that's not a broken arm.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 4:40pm

I think they would be scanning for fracture or worse. And he went back and thought about facing for a second, brave. But probably better to get medical attention on that one.

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 5:15pm

Indians disgraceful! May as well pack up and head home with Kohli after that.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 5:33pm

Test crickets a tough game huh? It always trips me out people think it's boring....literally every single ball faced to a fast bowler has the potential to seriously hurt you. Blood sport. Everything intertwined around that just adds to the fascination of a good test game.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 7:00pm

Linez said... "Yeah, hard one. I like something about Burns too, even tho he hasn't really delivered."
Well played Linez!
51 not out to lead the Aussies to victory. Yew!

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 7:02pm

Superb performance by Australia. Clinical with the ball & fought hard with the bat. Stoked for Burns. Bet that last shot felt epic!

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 7:57pm

What a day's play. That'll be huge for their confidence.
Stoked for Burns. Big headache for the selectors now (presuming Warner's fit by boxing day).
Shame that Kohli's going home now (& looks unlikely that Shami will have much more of a role to play) otherwise we'd be set up for a cracking series.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 8:34pm

Yeah Pops 100% re Kohli & Shami. Both great for the game. See what unfolds from here...

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 8:42pm

Would've been so cool if Kohli's first name was Brock.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 9:54pm

Had to say that one out loud... Well played!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 19 Dec 2020 at 10:24pm

hahaha. Troppo. D that's gold.
Fear not Pops and Rabs, India have some hell players up their sleeves set to come back in. Could b trouble for Aus. But for now...lets bask in the annihilation of India. India!! 2020. Crazy year.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Sunday, 20 Dec 2020 at 9:17am
Pops wrote:

Well im confused ive got the latest gigantic smart tv and all I get is the scores
on the main channel 7 station get all their other shows on it.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Sunday, 20 Dec 2020 at 9:46am

Weird.
I've never had a smart tv so dunno exactly how they work, but maybe you're looking at the internet streaming rather than digital tv???
Can you switch between the two?

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Sunday, 20 Dec 2020 at 1:29pm

Evo, the cricket was switching between the main broadcast channels (7 & 70) and one of their side channels (73) so try flicking around for the next test. Hope it goes a bit longer next time, but the same end result would be nice.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Sunday, 20 Dec 2020 at 8:56pm

How was that knock from Dan Christian. 50 off 16.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Sunday, 20 Dec 2020 at 9:49pm

Wasn't mucking around hey

Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups Monday, 21 Dec 2020 at 5:10pm

Might have to backtrack on my Australia vs India final at Lords theory. NZ vs Aust looking more likely by the day.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020 at 9:20am

I'd rather play India than NZ at Lords (depending on what kind of wicket is prepared)... Likely to fairly close to NZ's home conditions, and that attack is a real handful when it's swinging and seaming.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020 at 8:13am

Warner's out of the boxing day test (Abbott too) due to the NB outbreak - they're not allowed to join the team bubble til early Jan.

Burns breathes again.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 10:51am

Good looking pitch to bat on.
Good toss to win.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 10:55am

Bugger jinxed him.

linez's picture
linez's picture
linez Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 11:06am

Wade looks good so far..

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 11:34am

Well that was dumb

linez's picture
linez's picture
linez Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 11:34am

I knew, I knew, I knew I would regret saying that...

linez's picture
linez's picture
linez Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 11:36am

Yeah, completely got himself out.

Bob Sacamano's picture
Bob Sacamano's picture
Bob Sacamano Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 11:43am

How’s old mate nearly takes him out for the catch

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 11:59am

Crazy to bat first with the form our batsmen are in. Such a buildup to boxing day, it gets in their heads. And crazy not to put India in after their wheels fell off in their last first innings. Imagine the nerves they would have had.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 4:06pm

Dunno bluediamond... Not sure I'd want to be batting last on that pitch.
Lyon and Starc must be licking their lips at the turn & reverse on offer out there.

Siraj looking a very skillful bowler.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 6:12pm

Yeah they're all saying never bowl first... but psychologically...with the bigger picture in mind from the last game...id b running with that edge. But...that's why I'm a surfer (and am average one at best) and not a cricketer I guess.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 6:12pm

Yeah they're all saying never bowl first... but psychologically...with the bigger picture in mind from the last game...id b running with that edge. But...that's why I'm a surfer (and am average one at best) and not a cricketer I guess.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 26 Dec 2020 at 6:13pm

Whoops double post.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Monday, 28 Dec 2020 at 1:17pm

You mighta been right BD.

Wonder if that's the bit of luck Burns needed...

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Monday, 28 Dec 2020 at 1:20pm

I should keep my mouth shut.

linez's picture
linez's picture
linez Monday, 28 Dec 2020 at 1:23pm

Haha, you've caught my disease Pops..
Think that might be the end of J.Burns for the next test.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Monday, 28 Dec 2020 at 2:07pm

Yeah, he's made it very hard to keep him.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020 at 3:54pm

Well played India. Rahane looks in ominous touch.
Gill & Siraj both look test quality.
Aus bowlers deserved a better batting performance.
I'm calling Burns out for Warner & Head out for Pucovski (concussion & mental health pending). In two minds as to whether I'd open with Pucovski and drop Wade back down the order, or leave Wade up there and let Pucovski bed in at 5...

belly's picture
belly's picture
belly Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020 at 8:30pm

Yeah, given both bowling attacks are strong the India batsmen look like they'll be the difference. So much depth.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020 at 9:08pm

unfortunately missed most of it but when I got the chance was transfixed. I personally think Burns out for Hayden and Head out for Ponting. And electric shock therapy for Smith! And put Warner in too!! Get rid of Rahane. He's no good to us!!

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020 at 9:46pm

Ha!

Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups Thursday, 31 Dec 2020 at 5:48am

Gone a bit quiet here. No shame in losing to India, they're a class act. The 36 all out thing was an aberration.

In other news, how good is Neil Wagner? Bowled 40 plus overs over two innings with two broken toes. Reckoned he'd have to be carried off on a stretcher rather than let his team down. The guy is a force of nature. It was a great test match, came down to the last five overs. NZ vs Aust at Lords looking a bit more possible now.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Thursday, 31 Dec 2020 at 9:07am

He's a tough bastard isn't he.
Loved the battle between him and Wade last year.
There's a few very good sides going round at the moment; much more interesting than the days of one dominant side!

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Thursday, 31 Dec 2020 at 9:11am

Burns has been dropped from the test squad.

Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups Thursday, 31 Dec 2020 at 10:06am

Agreed. In theory it's hard to separate NZ, England, India and Australia at the moment. (Although Australia gave NZ a bit of a towelling last year) Pakistan, Sri Lanka and SA not far behind. WI strong in T20. I gotta say though, I wish The Windies could regain some of their former glory. What an awesome team they had. Particularly around 87.

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster Thursday, 31 Dec 2020 at 10:59am

A lot of the best potential young Windies players now get snapped up by U.S colleges on scholarships to play other sports. The potential earnings compared to cricket are too good to pass up I suppose.

On another note.......India was paying $7.50 for the win in the test just gone before the first ball was bowled. Not bad in a 2 horse race!

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Thursday, 31 Dec 2020 at 11:33am

Yeah same about the decline of the Windies.
Was always going to be hard for them to keep top talent in the professional age though - national pride has to be one of the biggest selling points for international sports (particularly when it comes to competing for talent with other sports), and that doesn't really apply for them.
$7.50 very generous to the Aussies! I certainly didn't pick them to lose, but they do have a rather frail varying line-up at the moment.

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster Thursday, 31 Dec 2020 at 12:20pm

3rd test odds right now.

Aus win: $1.65 India win: $3.75 Draw: $5

Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups Thursday, 31 Dec 2020 at 5:54pm

I think Australia will come good in the next test. They're a bit like The All Blacks in that they very rarely have two bad games in a row.
RE, The West Indies, I heard the same thing Ringmaster. I think it's mostly baseball that nabs the WI cricketers. Probably athletics as well. I remember seeing a clip of Usain Bolt bowling once. He looked very likely. Similar to Joel Garner in his action. Fark it's awesome watching a tall bloke bowl fast. NZ has Kyle Jamieson now who's 6'8". The last genuinely tall bowler Australia had would be Bruce Reid right?