Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 1:57pm

"So you're happy to see the population of this country continue to explode..?
Short answer No.
Where exactly have I said that again?"

Advocating for continued immigration at current levels sort of implies it.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 2:04pm

Ringmaster, It's been a coalition tradition to on one hand quietly raise immigation levels to obscene levels whilst at the same time demonize asylum seekers running from our bombs and dodgy troops. Without immigration, out "record' 20 odd years of growth would never have happened. You want "Schroedingers growth", right? Cutting the population while miraculously having a growing booming economy.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 2:06pm

Ohhhhhh Gladys...... How will Murdoch spin his next puff pieces to keep you popular
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-26/nsw-shredded-documents-recovered-...

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 2:13pm

and today also brings us gladys defending using public moneys for lnp political purposes...aka, pork barrelling...
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/premier-says-pork-barrelling-not-ill...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 2:14pm

Agree with you VL. Thank fuck for crew like you keeping it real. Cheers.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 2:32pm

Regards the above- why isn't anyone asking the obvious question?

Why were the hardcopies shredded and the data deleted?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 2:36pm

Zen..... Ummmm..... Read the links.... The parliamentary enquiry was set up to ask exactly that

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 2:47pm

VL - No one has said stop immigration. I haven’t.
Did you know that you can actually increase the asylum intake while also reducing overall population rate? Crazy huh.

At least Sheepdog has addressed the argument.
Ross Gittens (massive racist) demonstrates the fallacy of growth and economic well being as good as any. I reckon he right and you are wrong
https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/how-population-growth-can-ma...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 2:48pm

I did read the links Sheepy, in their entirety. I thought the question would have been asked sooner and directly to the Premier ahead of the enquiry. I'll have a re-read.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:04pm

"Agree with you VL. Thank fuck for crew like you keeping it real. Cheers."

ha.. ha... ha

(with lacklustre energy)

we now have a comedy duo...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:05pm

That was some proper rambling old man dribble from Vic Local.

All over the shop like a mad woman’s shit. To the point where it doesn’t even necessitate a response thank Christ.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:13pm

Thanks for the crack Sypkan. Appreciate it. Yes i do enjoy reading VL's thoughts because he approaches every topic with heart. I reckon society can be split into two, you either base all your motives and decisions on rationality, the head, or you base your motives and decisions on Morality. Your heart. Whichever you put first, you're gonna be opposed to someone else. I will always back a punter who stands up in the face of fire against the majority...when they're doing it from a place of morality. Like Facto said, punch up, not down. You, right here, are punching down. Again. Like i said yesterday, i reckon 90% of oz is like you, as is 90 % of Swellnet. So to the few that actually do base their motives on others before themselves, i salute them wholeheartedly. You might think i'm dumb, sure i'm not that educated, but i know the difference between right and wrong, between a good bloke and a cunt.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:17pm

The thing is BD and with great respect, the difference between write and wrong, being a good bloke or a carnt, is entirely subjective.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 7:06pm

Bigots gonna bigot.

Numpties gonna numpty.

For friggin years.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:24pm

And trolls gonna troll...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:54pm

For sure .

Vic Local is part of a small band of resistance fighters urging the mass immigration Ponzi scheme against the odds in and the face of huge adversity.

Other brave members of the resistance band include Scott Morrison, Rupert Murdoch , Harry Triguboff ,, Gerry Harvey , Kerry Stokes , Gina Reinhardt , the Business council of Australia, the Real estate agents of Australia, the millionaire vice Chancellors of the universities ,both major political parties and every MSM outlet in Australia .

And you think they’re punching up.....?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:27pm

Back under your bridge cnt !

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:27pm

Punching down.

If talking about sustainability, of long term environmental health, of reducing a significant factor in environmental degradation and resource consumption, if this is punching down well I disagree.

This is the essence of thinking about others.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:27pm

Clean living and clean language !

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:30pm

There once was a premier named Gladys, around her small finger she had us. But from heart break with Daryl, to shredded pork barrel, her name went from gladest to sadest.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:34pm

Facto. Its ok to be wrong. Even when the plebs get it right.
I don’t think less of you. A guy of your wit and calibre.. C’mon mate give it a try. This is a safe space.
We’ll still be awed by your intelligence. It will feel good.
Smart people are wrong all the time. You’re a smart guy. I’ll bet you have a favourite witty quote to reference that ready to go..
Cmon.. pretty please… say the words.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:38pm

Not here for a pissing contest. And Andy, in the grander scheme, there's past wrongs that need to be set right and i feel that we have a moral debt to uphold that goes across all spectrums of society, including immigration. If that means an amount of suffrage for our generation to right those wrongs, then so be it. We might not like it, but we'll have to pay our dues sooner or later. There is still severe discrimination against the aboriginal people in this country....to this day. I'd actually prefer it if we let the actual rightful owners of this land make the call on these kind of topics. Call that virtue signalling if you like, but that's the context i'm looking at things in. Zen, yes. And blowin. I really have nothing to add to your outbursts. Not here to piss people off but just offering my own perspective.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:47pm

But Bluediamond.....how does destroying the Australian environment amd ruining our standard of living help indigenous Australians ?
What does one thing have to do with the other.

Fcking over our country is not martyrdom in aid of virtue it’s just pointless and stupid.

You think that inviting the other 6.9999 billion people from around the world to all move to Australia is going to allay your guilt or help the blackfellas ?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:48pm

Because there've been wrongs in the past we should continue to sell out the future?

What?

Traditional owners? It's crucial that they have their place at the policy-making table but at the same time, like it or not, Australia is still theoretically a democracy.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 3:51pm

If Facto was a tenth as smart as you propose he wouldn’t have painted himself into the corner of having to ignore every legitimate massive hole punched into the Swiss cheese of his logic just so he can carry on up the Khyber of his stupidity.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 4:04pm

Eyyyyyyy....
C'mon mate, give us a thumbs up.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 4:09pm

Facto can’t say it because it’d be pulling on the thread which unravels his blind allegiance to the ALP.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:33pm

Yeah thumbs up Andy. Actually i know alot of people that think the same way i do, and i'm sure they're out there in swellnetland but probably too scared of getting bullied and cut down by the usual suspects...]

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 4:19pm

Yeah I know there're a few that think like you do Paul and I just don't understand the logic, letting feelings of guilt take over planning for the future.

I'm all for 'righting wrongs' but what's that got to do with encouraging massive population growth?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 4:33pm

I took a group of international tourists on an indigenous tour and when we got to a 360 degree lookout you couldn't see any sign of "civilisation" for as far as the eye can see. We were only 60 mins from Sydney.
The indigenous guide leaned over to me and whispered "fuck off we're full". Hilarious bloke.
He then did a welcome to country explaining that if you came to his land in a humble and respectful way, you'd be welcomed in. Don't challenge the person conducting the ceremony, keep your eyes low, participate in the smoking ceremony and you were good to go.
The funny thing is, the guide was super happy to welcome people from Europe onto his traditional land because they showed the respect he required. I'm tipping he wouldn't be too keen on accepting some Swelltonians in despite them being from Oz.
Hey blowin, after the absolute bullshit you were spreading about an indigenous person committing an anti-white hate crime, your concerns about indigenous people run a bit hollow.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 4:22pm

To be honest Andy, it's a much deeper convo than can be had here. Maybe i'll drop by for a coffee next time i'm back up the Nth Coast and explain my thoughts. (and just for the record i'm not for encouraging massive population growth). Cheers mate.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 4:29pm

Any time mate, beer and a yarn.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:32pm

Paul / Bluediamond.....I never called you a cnt . Not unless you’d provoked me. It’s not something I would EVER do on here or in real life . EVER ! Where I’m from it’s talk shit get hit.

Perhaps you can show me where I did so ?

The “ Back under your bridge cnt “ was directed at Facto cause he’s being a troll as usual.

I’ve definitely called your silly mate a cnt many times. I’ve never even been rude or disrespectful to you as far as I’m aware. I’m not actually rude or disrespectful to anyone until they’ve pushed me too far .

BTW ....if you’re not for encouraging massive population growth then we are in agreement. That’s all I’m chasing. It’s just made to sound more complicated and odoriferous than that by the resident dumb cnts. You do realise that you’ve just admitted to Facto that you’re a bigot don’t you ?

No shit. That’s his call. According to him If you think massive immigration is a bad idea it’s because you live and breath hate crimes. Now do you see why I think he’s a fool ?

Read the last couple of pages. That’s literally what he has said repeatedly. It’s your dickhead mate who’s the bully . Pick a page - any page - here on Swellnet and read his many posts which have zero to do with any topic and are just straight out bullying and insult. You might think he’s decent in real life but the clown inside him is revealed in full colour on here.

PS Give your phone number to Stunet to pass on if you want to chat about anything. You’d be amazed just how much I am not like people on here portray me or maybe even how you’ve interpreted me.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 4:54pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 4:51pm

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:03pm

"According to him (Facto) If you think massive immigration is a bad idea it’s because you live and breath hate crimes. ...
Read the last couple of pages. That’s literally what he has said repeatedly."
Bullshit blowin.
Show us again where Facto literally said that people who oppose mass migration "live and breath hate crimes".
I will wait.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:13pm

Ok...... Can someone strip this whiole blowin facto and co shite fight down to say 100 words, so i know what the hell is going on?. I think if I go back and scroll thru the swill, I may start bleeding from the eyes and ears.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:18pm

Hey Vic, while you're here...

"there's a shit load of fair-weather greenies out there who ... only have concerns about the environment if it means they can attack immigrants."

What percentage Vic?

Quantify that statement.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:24pm

Like Bob Brown?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:29pm

..and Tim Flannery - massive racist

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:39pm

Shhhh....he’s waiting.

I’m praying he can’t wait and spout rambling old man garbage at the same time.

Honest question : How much longer do we as a society have to tolerate these fools who knowingly and cynically conflate the population growth debate with their bullshit ?

Every single day more and more habitat , animal species , essential green space and carbon soaking environment is destroyed in the name of greed aka population growth and these fools are derailing the necessary public conversation that Australians need to engage.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 5:39pm

... card carrying klan man who used to moonlight as the President of the Australian Conservation Foundation. Ian Lowe..

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 9:57pm

Crew are right to focus on Uni's...making the news alright!

2019 World Top International Student Education Nations
1 US 1,095,299 / 2 UK / 3 China 492,185 / 4 Canada / 5 Australia 420,501
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_student
Yes! China offer more places than Australia (25%+ to western Students)
Just thought to throw that in to give a Chinese perspective.
China prides both larger import / export Education than we Aussies discuss here!
Reckon they know more then they're letting on.

Intro...2020 Covid
o/s Uni Student shortfall led to 72,000 Reverse Migration (First since 1916/17)

Govt Uni Snapshots now are available...
https://internationaleducation.gov.au/research/Research-Snapshots/Docume...

Australia : Foreign Student intake > (Distinction for The Conversation Uni Stats)
2018 - 315,522
2019 - 346,517 (Note Wiki - 420,501 o/s Total Students) + o/s online Uni (below).
2020 - 254,834 ( March-116,774 ) + ( Nov- 138,060 )
Student Arrival Stats < > Reverse Migration > Was Nov' intake factored into RM ?
https://theconversation.com/covid-to-halve-international-student-numbers...

Oz Uni Online -International Students)
2019 -116,774
2020 -138,060 (Increase during Covid!)

Participating Countries : China > India > Nepal > Vietnam > Malaysia > Brazil
2017 (^ Up) N/E Asia ^ 165,000 > S/Central Asia = 100,000 > S/E Asia ^ 100,000

2019 Highest % of Foreign Students in Unis
Fed Uni Vic 50%+ / Torrens Uni SA 50%+ / Bond Uni 50%(+/-)
Govt enrolment total show 49%+ / Stats record 50%+ (Possible 50% Guide / Cap?)

Highest Foreign Subject / Class Participation (50%+)
Engineering / Business (Reportedly the higher % affects Oz learning rate)
In general...Aussies are fleeced by Libs for Grade 1 English Lesson Classes.

2019 Highest Uni intake of Foreign Students by City
USyd 29,592 Unsw 17,081 / Monash 28,446 UM 23,052 RMIT 18,694/ UQ 19,924

Note Perth has de-listed WA Capital status & fitted out China's Big Brother Cams.
Cap Bne/ GC (#1 Region Hub) De-listed & Hot wired 'Regional' [457] Showbags.
So Perth get's [ Dutto Stamp ] for more o/s Students...(Climb the Charts)

2004 -2018 - Govt Funding %
Most supportive ALP 2013 - Govt 43.2% + HELP 19.4% + o/s 16.5%
Least investment LNP 2018 - Govt 35.0% + HELP 18.2% + o/s 26.4%

Extra Stats: (Everyone Knows these Stats as Gospel) Yawn!
Foreign Corps pay Libs to buy Top Oz Uni Slaves
Oz Libs R/D flatlines................................................

Clearly Libs detest the thought of upskilling Oz Jobs for a self sufficient economy!
Scomo : "Order another pallet of them Southern Mission [457] Slaves! (Burp!)"

Covid Impacts on Unis
Loss of o/s funding > R/D
Unis lose $7.6b > 11% of researchers by 2024 (That's off a Lib Zero growth base)
Meaning, we reverse gear to start dismantling & smash anything that looks geeky.
https://theconversation.com/7-6-billion-and-11-of-researchers-our-estima...

Loss of Oz income = $40b by 2023 (Breakdown)
Local Economy Spend = $21b or 57% of Total Education Spend
Loss to general Economy =$1.15b
Link shows how much per postcode / City
https://theconversation.com/covid-to-halve-international-student-numbers...

Each 6 month Loss is Comparable to Whole Year Car industry Shut Down Loss.
Or compared to $4.1b / yr Crop Loss.

https://theconversation.com/australian-universities-could-lose-19-billio...

Govt have offset the Loss with Baby Boomer Bonus **StarShot* Military Academy.
Yep! All the Unis signed up for Scomo's commando War Effort
Costello's Bar Code Babies come of age to white out Classes 2021 >2024
Strictly a Short Back'n'Sides Lib affair, none of this Goodvibes Artzy Fartzy Stuff.
Nation building Spy Drone Fleets to flush out yer Gran's Xmas Account.

**Star Shot* PM : 'Are the Job Ready Degrees Ready for Jobseeker 00.0002.'
StarShot UN Violator : "No suss Mad Monday corpses to report...Mr PM Scomo Sir!"

2021 Scomo's Proper Job Ready Course Prices

**Star Shot Trooper * { Corpse Grinder Class } * $3,700 yr

[ World Peace Maker UN Envoy ] $45,500 yr

PM: Message to you shady foreign types...[ No Pansies in Oz Universities ]

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 7:26pm

Hahahaha.

Well, Doggo, as you well know, Blowie can't handle being called out for his bog-standard bigotry. For years. He's the "I'm not racist, but..." poster child.

He's now just trying to get himself off the hook (and the likes of his Hanson) by deflecting that ANY discussion is being tarred. Nah, it's just him and his ilk. Hopeless. Though some have fallen for it a bit for the minute. Bonza, I'm looking at you! Don't worry, that slipper don't fit you, bud.

And Vic, keep on keeping on, comrade. The strawman bollocks is always off-the-richter on here.

So nothing has really changed.

Speaking of which, here's the same old 'discussion' from years ago.

Strap yourselves in!

Haha.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 6:43pm

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 6:43pm

"Andy M, I notice the quotation marks, but that's quoting from what/where? Can't see it in that first article.

In the comments?

Hang on, your Macro Business stuff? Of course!

But wait, we may be able to tie some observations/obsessions together here. Join-the-dots. Maybe.

Let's go back to what Shorten proposed.

A bi-partisan taskforce that would look at temporary work visas, infrastructure development, service delivery such as health and education and settlement policy.

That's a lot to unpack. If you just look at TWVs, there's a lot to unpack. Historically. Were they ever needed? What regulations around them were relaxed or just plain 'de-regulated'? Who by? For whose benefit?

Another interesting angle that always gets a run. The international education and training sector. Actually, let's just focus on the university sector. Again, who pushed for full-fee paying international student participation, whilst de-funding the sector? Again, what regulatory frameworks were relaxed or abandoned? Who benefits?

And that's not opening the bigger can of VET worms! Who fucked TAFE again? Whilst allowing dodgy private providers in, out, and about?

De-regulation as an end in itself isn't healthy. The much-fought against banking RC shows us that in stark terms.

I don't know about spittle-flecked abuse, but "creating a bi-partisan population taskforce that would outline recommendations both parties could accept, and that would look at temporary work visas, infrastructure development, service delivery such as health and education and settlement policy" seems reasonable to me.

As Shorten wrote in the letter to the PM, "population policy runs the risk of being politicised by those seeking to divide Australia, and (who) see political opportunity in polarising opinion in the community”.

Yes?

"But my friends we will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come."

(Refos, nah, immigrants, well, nup, un-regulated and exploited backpackers, dodgy and exploited TWVs, dodgy and exploited OS students, dodgy OS private training providers, dodgy OS labour hire, yeah?! And all whilst bashing TAFE, unions, unis, and 'un-Australians'!!)

Yes, brothers and sisters, all roads lead back to the 'Big Un-Australian'!

John Winston Howard.

And to know thine enemy is to defeat them."

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 6:45pm

"Over-reach. And confirmation bias.

One other thing that I find weird.

Labor detractors claim they're in thrall and at the constant beck and call of the 'unions'.

Yet these 'unions' are also against dodgy TWVs, dodgy labour-hire, dodgy training providers, the death of TAFE, and corporatised universities?!

What gives (in the real world)?

Oh yeah, have a read. Some nuanced, complex, and informed opinion.

https://theconversation.com/au/topics/is-australia-full-39068

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 6:48pm

"OK, you don't read. We've established that.

Maybe go back to my previous posts highlighting the utter hypocrisy of the one-side of government that actively creates 'skills shortages', encourages and promotes 'immigration' (but don't call it that!) to fill this spurious gap (hey! it's all good for business!), whilst at the same time vilifying asylum seekers and immigrants (those real ones that stick out!), and waving flags about, and playing up good ol' boy oi! oi! 'nationalism' and what is and isn't 'Australian/un-Australian'.

You frame a question that is narrow, simplistic, wrong-headed, and that is part of the problem.

Have a think, and give us something that outlines YOUR position on immigration, what it is (to you), why it troubles you so, and how 'fixing' it will work for us all.

Here's your platform. We're interested."

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 6:48pm

Haha ...well Doggo as you know I’ve been trying to falsely portray Blowin as a bigot for years because it’s a socially acceptable way to enlist others to hate him like I do .

Fixed it for you Facto.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 26 Nov 2020 at 6:49pm

"As Yorkesurfer said, "It’s worth mentioning that by the time the federal election rolls around next year, Labor will have been in power for less than 6 years of the previous 23 years of government."

They've been changing course - as you put it, Velocity Johnno - since Rudd mk1.

Another thing that is of genuine interest to me, and revisiting Yorkesurfer's post:

"Scott Morrison likes the idea that this drives wages down. If you have an oversupply in certain areas you drive down wages.

That's why this government has presided over the lowest wage growth in 5 years.

Certainly one of the reasons for that is indeed the misuse, overuse and abuse of temporary work visas.

It’s unfair to those who are exploited and it's unfair to the local worker who misses out.

If they look at Scott Morrison's history it is clear.

He voted against labour market testing when it was introduced in the last year of the last Labor government. He is on the record opposing any restrictions on temporary visas and skilled visas.

Indeed as Shadow Minister for Immigration he wanted to open up the 457 visa arrangements to make them easier not harder to access. So he looks overseas first and denies local workers their opportunity."

(Not to mention the dismantling of TAFE, under-funding of universities whilst pushing the full-fee paying OS student. 'Skills shortage' anyone?)

A vote for Hanson (an ex-Liberal, remember) has always just been a vote for the coalition, back then and especially this time round. She sides with them, and votes with them, always.

She is anti-worker.

Forget the struggle, the cognitive dissonance is real."