philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 9:29am

https://ibb.co/Y0mwSxr
Looks rather summery

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 9:32am

Not sure if we should take a poll on whose logic is more crazy?

I’m not denying that there was violent protest conducted by the left last year. I have also noted my view that much of the BLM / GF rioting was opportunistic and socio-economic in basis, not ideological. I’m taking exception to your statement that the left is more violent than the right. That’s simply not borne out by the facts.

If we take the view of the security services then XRW is seen as more dangerous. But, what would they know?

Tell you what, give them a buzz:
1800 020 648

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 11:00am

"...have also noted my view that much of the BLM / GF rioting was opportunistic and socio-economic in basis, not ideological."

...yeh, all those hollywood kids from million dollar homes were just hungry and needed '...a loaf of bread...'

https://www.lifezette.com/2020/09/spoiled-rich-kids-arrested-for-antifa-...

..and all those beamers, SUVs and luxury cars pulling up in parking lots were also hungry... for a pair of nikes and a big screen television...

sorry to lower the tone but....

pppppfffffffff

looking at some of the 'winners' at the trump gigs, I think your logic could be more applicable elsewhere

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 10:55am

You know what ‘opportunistic’ means?
Sounds like you nailed it! Gold Star.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 11:06am

If you actually have a look at those Antifa members that have been arested which is a very small number compared to those doing the damage they are very rarely people of colour(just incase anyone has a picture in there head of black people doing the most damage) they are generally white and between 20 to 30 social economic status who knows and completely ideology driven.

BLM looting probably more opportunistic and expect more social economic based.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 11:12am

opportunistic...

all the more reason to quell the madness

but it was political, so they didn't...

politically convenient, and terribly cynical

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 11:14am

either way, those people were in the street for a political cause, whipped into a frenzy by years of bullshit snd misrepresentation by media and the democrats

denying that... is just denial

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 11:18am

‘All the more reason to quell the madness”

ah. Yup.

Think I covered that above too.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 11:44am

opportunistic?

yep, terribly, cynically, politically opportunistic

and the dems forfieted any moral high ground they had in the process... 7 months of it...

but they won't admit, or even know that, as they believe they have a monopoly on morals

they have a monopoly, but it certainly ain',t on morals!

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 11:55am

Yeah, like the ‘Christian’ lobby hey?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 12:24pm

well I hate to go into bat for the christisns.. because generally... they really give me the shits...

but it's a very biased, simple, and righteous view of the world, that groups all christians as bad...

I work in social services, and the sector would be fucked without them... fucked with em, and fucked without em... but there's a lot of good christian folk out there

and it's just very delusional and divisive to tar them all as bad, very self righteous, generalising, and stereotyping too ...ironically enough...

and a lot of them are minorities... migrants... shades other than white...

ironically...

again...

the curse of the left's rainbow parade, that would see them in power... 'for decsdes to come...'

that didn't work out so well did it...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 12:24pm

An american and an aussie view:

210121marlette
120121wilcox

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 12:29pm

"and it's just very delusional and divisive to tar them all as bad, very self righteous, generalising, and stereotyping too ...ironically enough..."

Jeez man, all you ever do is throw stereotypes around. You speak as if the left and the right are just two people.

According to you I'm a very different person to the bloke I see in the mirror.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 12:49pm

your cartoons are usually quite good westof

buy that's some lame arse shit there

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 12:50pm

Pretty sure I said ‘Christian’ lobby, not ‘all Christians’. Agree with your observation of the great work that’s done by many, good, grassroots Christians. Some of the best people I’ve met have been chilled Christians. A lot of them are stinking lefties too! The Christian political lobby, here and especially in ‘Murica, can GGF.

Good to hear that you work in social services syppo. I respect that.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 12:51pm

I think Im trying to make the exact opposite point stunet

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 12:53pm

the generalisations, stereotypes, and miserable assumptions all seem to come from one side these days

not to mention the 'othering'

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 12:57pm

God knows I’m a different person to the man in the mirror. I can barely recognise that unsightly lump of misshapen flesh from the lean , Hollywood type I know I really am.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 1:07pm

Sypkan,

You do this flat out mate:

'and it's just very delusional and divisive to tar them all as bad, very self righteous, generalising, and stereotyping too ...ironically enough...'

And this:

'either way, those people were in the street for a political cause, whipped into a frenzy by years of bullshit snd misrepresentation by media and the democrats'

Is either wild exaggeration and distortion or flat out bullshit, depending on how polite one wanted to be.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 1:19pm

@sypkan. Don't be offended mate, free speech and all.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 2:08pm

Westie, I thought "maga akbar' was funny, hadn't heard it before.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 2:16pm

definitely not offended, just struggling to see anything witty or a hidden gem that most good cartoons have...

all I see is the stereotyping, hypocrisy, and the bullshit I'm talking about, all based around miserable assumptions similar to a 'mistake' obama regrets making in the past...

...and MAGA AHKBAR!

it's been done before,

just wondering am I missing something?

are they a set?

rove goes over my head too, but I don't think its because I don't get it...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 2:24pm

who have I tarred as all bad?

I stand by the bullshit and misrepresentation bit...

I think its blatantly obvious

but we'll be stepping back into opinion and 'post modern perspectives' if you want to go back over that...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:50pm

Recap: Not China but MAGA infiltrators took down US security & 5 eyes.
The Fancy Dress Party was a pantomime for the retarded Media's Eye's only.

tbb previously said that Mighty Moose was obviously a decoy for the inside job.

Computers with access to Classified Files ...walked out the door.
US defence was breached by Traitors...Not Patriots! Forcing a 5 eyes Shut down.
Highly likely these MAGA traitors were infiltrators...sent in to fish out current intel?
https://sofrep.com/news/breaking-computers-with-access-to-classified-mat...

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32998764-Computers-w-Access-to-Classif...

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2021/01/11/the-lasting-headache-of-a-poss...

Nations want intel on last minute Energy Sanctions & Pence Rep' 5G/Gas deals.
Internet is locking & blanking SIPRNet (Germany < (Poland Gas pipe) > Russia)
Just this week > US Sanction Laws on Euro Nations /Companies added 'Individuals.
No $US funds for investor/s bidding against Rep' Trump...also cop $10b back fines.
If years ago, you were bullied by a Republican Euro Trash Trip, then you are fucked!
This is Republican's version of Ultra Communism...If you think you Looked, you pay!

US Pence is locking in EU Poland HQ on (#1 Rep' rort > 5G & Gas for Europe) .
US right now, are busting up Chinese 5G Euro & Russia-Germany Energy Alliance!
China + Russia + Germany likely got the intel they ordered from MAGA insiders.
19 Dec 2020 (Pence to skip town straight after gig!) Note trip is not 'officially' confirmed...
Pence long had his escape module ready to avoid Trump's wrath & angry Republican Mob.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9064091/Mike-Pence-skip-country...

Shale Gas is the Motherlode that Republicans need to lock in...before Biden switch.
Long contested Court cases in Eastern Swing States all sit on Shale Gas Basins.
Together couldn't overturn the election, but each could sign another Rep' Gas deal (Shh!)
Court battles were to lock in Rep' Fracking Trillions...sure! Stop the Steal will do!

Plays out that MAGA traitors were Spies for beloved Germany / Russia / China.
Not saying any will be charged for treason...be like our mystery shooter? Who!
We can all agree that MAGA Spies are actually ANTIFA fugitives...if it sells papers.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 5:04pm

Just listened to this:

Sam Harris - An Insurrection of Lies (podcast 41 mins)

A fascinating viewpoint (well I thought so anyway) on what has recently gone down in the United States and the current state of play. Check it out, even if you think you already have all the answers.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 5:21pm

Excellent documentary on much of the issues in USA this year.

https://crossfire.movie

And review:

‘Crossfire’ Is Everything That Has Been Ignored by Politically-Driven, Mainstream Journalism"

"Lauren Southern dropped her latest documentary ‘Crossfire‘ this week, examining issues around policing and racism following months of Black Lives Matter protests, Antifa riots, and widespread calls to defund the police.

As a former police officer myself, I’ve struggled immensely over the past year watching the divide between law enforcement and citizen steadily increase. While I’m staunchly opposed to arbitrary laws and over-policing, it’s also hard to ignore a sense of loyalty to my fellow officers knowing first-hand what they’re faced with daily.

This film is a breath of fresh air. Lauren’s raw and honest investigation is everything that has been absent from politically-driven, mainstream journalism.

But this isn’t police-do-no-wrong propaganda either. Law enforcement isn’t irrationally glorified, nor are they presented as society’s arm of racism, injustice, and brutality. Instead, Crossfire humanises police officers, and allows the viewer a small, but a meaningful glimpse into their world, without brushing over uncomfortable truths.

Regardless of where you sit politically, Crossfire offers the viewer a space for honest introspection and discussion, without the political bias that dominates the mainstream narrative.

Watching Crossfire, you can’t help but wonder where we’d be today if news outlets, commentators, and journalists were as honest in their approach to this subject as Lauren."

https://caldronpool.com/crossfire-is-everything-that-has-been-ignored-by...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 5:25pm

BTW. no idea who Sam harris is but i will still give that one a listen, at least 15 minutes before decide to keep listening or not

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm

Cheers for posting the link Indo.

I'd suggest listening to the full 41 minutes if your going to bother to all.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 5:53pm
factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:13pm

Hah! Give 'em enough rope.

Can we get any more crazy cockroach scurrying on here??

Meanwhile, in the real world...

Shit-show.

2 cops dead, but.

ACAB?

Vanilla Isis!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 6:53pm

That was actually not too bad lots of good points made probably as well balanced and sensible viewpoint as you could get on things(only lost me for a minute with the meditation stuff)

I wonder were that 40% support from Republicans on the capitol riot comes from?..

That is surprising as most conservatives channels/figures i follow on social media or watch YouTube videos, view the capitol riots as something that should never have happened and condemn the actions.

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 6:53pm

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:39pm

Thanks for the share Rabbs.

"I'd suggest listening to the full 41 minutes if your going to bother to all."

Sage advice.

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:52pm

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021 at 12:11pm

Some crew may have noted that tbb added another Police Name to the deaths.
There's no answer as to why tbb thought to do that, other than it seemed proper.

Crew can also note that The Capital Hill Shooter's name was never released?

tbb will re-frame recent News : [ A Capitol Police Officer takes his own life ]
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/family-lawmakers-remember-us-capitol-police-...
51y'o Cop was the 15yr Senate Security division Officer. "A Son of the Senate!"
The officer was on duty defending the Senate at the time of break in...(Shooting!)

Policeman's name is given! Family want privacy! Crew respect that!
This is a straight News rip & crew can read a lot into this.

Ain't no one gonna ask that question as there's a lot more to this sad story!

We all know what we think we saw & just read...but it's not our story to tell.
Either way! This is likely to be tomorrow's News...Yanks need time to process this!

{R.I.P} Yet another seemingly related suicide...
53 y'o Capital Hill Rioter that was on Charges ...shot himself
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9138405/Trump-fan-53-dead-just-...

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021 at 10:24am

Social media gets most of the blame for increasing extremism but mainstream US media's newfound ability to measure clicks, views and comments has given them the data to prove that anger = viewer retention. So they lock fully into the using stories, angles, commentary and presentations styles that stir up anger and hence engagement in their viewers. This increases ratings and retention and from this flows profits.

But in the process it leads to a mass radicalisation process for millions that is happening in plain sight and supported by those who would be horrified if it was coming from a foreign government. Both sides have threads of logic and news to varying degrees but it is presented in a way that just builds anxiety and anger.

There will be unintended consequences.

If the population and politicians of all persuasions minimised consumption of the 24/7 news / commentary media things would be much better. Reading stuff online (including some swellnet forums!) can be toxic as well but the sensory bombardment of television is worse. Five minutes of Fox and you can feel it almost physically assailing your body and mind. Sadly that sentence would make Rupert very happy.

In the old days 30 minutes of superficial news on TV after dinner left us all pretty ill informed but a lot happier.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021 at 8:59am

Winding up the rhetoric with a bit of gentle sabre-rattling.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/12/iran-al-qaida-mike-pompeo

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021 at 9:16am

totally agree Frog.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021 at 9:51am

Agreed also Frog, but I'd say it's a bit of wishful thinking to hope that the US population would minimise their consumption.

"Nobody stops watching because of a conflict. They stop watching when there isn’t one." – Roger Ailes - Ex Fox news Head Caaarnt in Bombshell (Netflix movie)

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021 at 10:43am

100% Frog. Spot on.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021 at 10:56am

On the subject of social media and it's influence, Netflix - The Social Dilemma, worth watching.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 14 Jan 2021 at 8:42am

Impeached, twice.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 14 Jan 2021 at 8:50am

Breaking News ...232 -197 Time to Go Prez. (Again!) - 10 crossed the floor.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55656385

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 14 Jan 2021 at 9:37am

Ahhh, the US. The greatest shit-show to have ever been shat.

From Bill Clinton’s “New Democrats” through Barak Obama’s “hope and change,” Democratic leaders embraced the conservative consensus. They championed the corporate trade policies that shipped jobs abroad, while liberal economists mocked those who warned of the consequences. They did little as unions were crushed, as wages stagnated and the price of necessities like health care, education, and housing soared. They shelved antitrust enforcement and touted Wall Street deregulation. And when the resulting financial wilding finally ended in the financial collapse of 2008, the Obama administration bailed out the banks that were responsible, while millions of Americans whom they preyed upon lost their homes and their savings.

Ostracizing Trump and prosecuting those who terrorized the Capitol is imperative, but the survival of this democracy depends not on whether Trump is impeached or disgraced but on whether it can actually work for working people again. If it can’t—and change won’t be easy, because it requires challenging the elites and the entrenched interests of both parties—then Trump is likely to be seen merely as an amateur opening for the full horror show that is yet to come.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/trump-capitol-biden-neolibera...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Jan 2021 at 9:58am

Friendly Jordies gets it

H2O's picture
H2O's picture
H2O Thursday, 14 Jan 2021 at 10:00am

Agree Westo and we are on the same track here.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 14 Jan 2021 at 10:10am

Can't argue with that, yet the problem as I see it is that American culture and American political and business practices are in lockstep.

Whether one shaped the other, I don't know, and it's largely a moot point, but American politics and business has become a manifestation of American values. Think, individual rights, play to win, the end justifying the means, and all the law of the jungle shit that American's respect, which permeates American public life and which they're very proud of, has over the last century also shaped political and corprate agendas.

Making America 'work for the workers' isn't impossible but it's highly improbable. It would require a notion of civic welfare and those threads have all but been cut from America's social fabric.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 14 Jan 2021 at 10:18am

Beat me to it H2O.

Any half-serious discussion on the state of U.S. politics and the rise of a populist demagogue like Trump must discuss the political and economic structures behind it.

And of course the U.S. doesn't want to seriously address its issues, and neither do we, hence Australia will continue to follow in America's footsteps.

Good post Stu, American culture is eating itself.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Jan 2021 at 10:19am

Liz Cheney - the devil’s spawn herself - casting judgements on the guilt amongst US political history. It’d be funny if she wasn’t being positioned to take up the reins of her old man.

"There has never been a greater betrayal by a president of the United States of his office and his oath to the constitution."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationale_for_the_Iraq_War