The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Wednesday, 20 Dec 2023 at 8:46am
frog wrote:

The big switch for many commentators was all the covid overreach and narrative control. It all became too obvious that we were being told lies and that up to date facts that should have shifted policy much faster than what occurred were considered too dangerous to the official narrative to discuss.

Even mainstream local ABC journo Leigh Sales had a recently revealed secret epiphany during covid and found she could no longer ask the breathless sycophantic questions to Lockdown Dan on the latest panic over 1 new case in Bendigo that the press gallery group think produced as the standard daily fare. Nor could she stand the coffee chat at her own workplace with her young naïve activist colleagues pushing their latest agenda on the public as an alternative new age journalism.

I am sure the NYT could find some reason to demonise Leigh as shifting to the far right if it mattered to them.

Note that all the covid Premiers have left office. Deep down they know they went too far and the worm of guilt eats away at their sense of self and they dread attending functions and potentially getting bailed up over coffee by some someone who suffered harm (often major financial, mental health, health, education, career, family etc.) through lockdown policies.

Well Frog. What else were they meant to do, nobody had any previous experience in this area at all. So easy to apportion blame after the fact, but isn’t that the Australian way for most things.
I’m on my 9th day of Covid, first time for me, I’m feint, weak, feel like shit, giddy, incessantly coughing, fever has just dissipated, i feel hollow and nothing like the super fit energetic self that I normally am. I’m out of the water which pisses me off, but worse things have happened to others,
Good to chat .AW

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Wednesday, 20 Dec 2023 at 1:55pm

Yes frog, all the Covid Premiers have now left office. The LNP ones got voted out, and the Labor party ones retired after 8 or 9 years, which is a lifetime as a Premier. There is a difference.

“Covid overreach and narrative control” - blah blah blah. Just more phrases repeated ad nauseam, as if repeating something often enough makes it fact.

“… attending functions and potentially getting bailed up over coffee by someone who has suffered harm”

I suppose they might comfort themselves with the tens of thousands of lives they saved by bailing up people who didn’t know better, or were too easily influenced by Facebook posts or made up tinyurl sites.

I don’t think getting bailed up by anyone at social gatherings figured at all in their retirement plans. Do you think they stop going to social gatherings now they’ve retired?

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Wednesday, 20 Dec 2023 at 2:58pm

Policy saved some people ... and killed many too.

Close to empty heart clinics during 2020 in the UK for months. All good? How many just died quietly at home?

Much lower patient numbers in cancer wards or being diagnosed during lockdowns.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-08/thousands-living-with-undiagnosed...

"37 % drop in breast cancer diagnosis ... 23% drop in bowel cancer diagnosis" - great health outcome?

Excess death spikes around the world are well beyond what covid can explain.

The data indicating to focus on protecting the aged and those with pre existing health issues was clear by June 2020. It was mostly ignored or worse- disparaged - until late 2021.

Lockdowns were a clumsy big policy hammer copied from China to bash a health issue with mostly a narrow identifiable vulnerable group that could have been targeted with much less disruption.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Dec 2023 at 11:13pm

Is 2024 going to be the year of Trump?

Sure seems like its going to be another Trump-Biden re-match.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 1:37pm

Indo
Don’t think and can’t believe anyone believes Biden can do another 4 year term but he is second favourite with the bookies .

Surely the Democratic Party will go with Hayley ( 9 ) with Obama at 34’s and Harris at 36.

Lincoln won the Presidency without being on the ballot . Trump is no Lincoln but , a great salesman .

He is the hot favourite at 1.50ish with Biden at 3 plus .

I wouldn’t mind betting the Election doesn’t happen in 2024 .

No odds , I could see for this .

I feel a Black Swan will pop up in 2024 .
Hopefully , not a flock !

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 2:05pm

I was hearing of some city rheumatoid patients who couldn't take the risk of infection so skipped treatment, with very poor results for themselves. The treatment stops the inflamation of joints iirc, so you can imagine what happened with use of arms/legs etc.

You were never going to 'protect the vulnerable' once it was in the community for the simple reason that the carers and health care professionals came from the community into the care situation for their work, and the thing can be most infectious just before symptoms.

To update, the actuaries have updated their analysis of deaths, and have found excess mortality is normalising:

https://www.actuaries.digital/2023/11/30/covid-19-mortality-working-grou...

This is Australia, not US

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 2:11pm

Good luck AW - mum caught it just before Xmas, and two other family members have. A visit to ED ensued for mum but she's OK now and powering on in the garden replacing trees etc. It is definitely around.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 2:45pm

AW. it's only the vaccinated that are are getting flogged by covid now. The unvaxxed got it at the beginning, now have no problems. Many people onto their 5th or 6th jab are getting absolutely hammered for the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th time.

Unvaxxed got it once, then got natural immunity..... wonder if #naturalimmunity on social media is still banned?

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 3:26pm
burleigh wrote:

AW. it's only the vaccinated that are are getting flogged by covid now. The unvaxxed got it at the beginning, now have no problems. Many people onto their 5th or 6th jab are getting absolutely hammered for the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th time.

Unvaxxed got it once, then got natural immunity..... wonder if #naturalimmunity on social media is still banned?

"it's only the vaccinated that are are getting flogged by covid now"

How would you know: a Sky News report???

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 3:29pm

The terrible feeling for me during the early stages of COVID was Other People telling me what to do .

In Melbourne , all our individual freedoms were removed for the “Common Good “ .

For months we were locked down in an Iron Dome .

So sad to think Australia had reacted so drastically in a time of Uncertainty .

It set a terrible precedent .

We here , seem to be coping with COVID atm .

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 3:39pm

Care to prove your above statements burleigh. The limited immunity from getting covid wears off just like the limited immunity from getting vaccinated. I still haven't had covid but an unvaxxed moron I know has had it 4 times, and severe, go figure.
Now the virus has weakened into a mild cold I certainly won't be bothering with any more jabs.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 4:00pm

look around. who's got covid? i bet they are all juiced to the eye balls.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 9:04pm

"Is 2024 going to be the year of Trump?

Sure seems like its going to be another Trump-Biden re-match."

sure does look that way... for both...

whether trump wins or not... it'll be a year of trump...

they're throwing everything at him now, well beyond desperation... but the slippery bugger just gets stronger... the teflon don... you'd think they would've learned by now...

you know, and actually offer the public an alternative... instead of vitriol, corruption, toxicity... and a withering old, corrupt, serial lyimg, politically poison plagerist... (no, that's not trump!)

"Surely the Democratic Party will go with Hayley ( 9 ) with Obama at 34’s and Harris at 36."

hard to believe...

like unfuckingbelievably so...

but harris would probably be worse, what is it with that woman? ...it really irritates me... not necessarily her... but how she is so useless...

same messed up ideology that reverse engineered biden's 'suitability' I guess...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 9:01pm

'privelage'

diversity...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 9:02pm

insanity...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 9:58pm

Hey sippy or is that suckering? You check those accounts before posting? Are they legit? Just saying ….. bahahaha

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 10:37pm

nah, didn't really check em at all

but I've seen it widely reported that gay is a known plageriser, ...kind of hard to believe that harvard would overlook such lowlyness... but hey look at the prez!

the big guy that is...

and look at the general state of play

the virus...

you got a correction for me big guy? ...or you just here to slur, belittle, and errr...

cancel!

again!

im just here to spur conversation

I know you love censorship and stuff...

but do correct me... do converse...

if you've actually got something that is

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 at 11:37pm

There’s some similarities there between dr. Carol Swan and our very own Jacinta Nampijinpa Price

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 8:08am

Keep on posting your twaddle all you like sippy and I’ll continue to ignore it …. as always same same bum splatter

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 8:22am

Fat finger , small screen :)

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 8:31am

Dr Swain has consistently stated her views clearly imho .

I seem to agree with a lot of things .

She knows more about these issues than I do .

I respect her views .

Haley was asked about what caused the US Civil War . A clear answer that didn’t include the word Slavery , I liked her answer but she didn’t include an important symptom .

Not a doctor !

Edit

I think the wind has changed direction , so slightly , in the Americas .

I like Javier Milei and Argentina have definitely changed direction !!!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 8:34am
sypkan wrote:

nah, didn't really check em at all

but I've seen it widely reported that gay is a known plageriser, ...kind of hard to believe that harvard would overlook such lowlyness... but hey look at the prez!

the big guy that is...

and look at the general state of play

the virus...

you got a correction for me big guy? ...or you just here to slur, belittle, and errr...

cancel!

again!

cancel!

again!

^^^^. Correct.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 8:36am
GuySmiley wrote:

Keep on posting your twaddle all you like sippy and I’ll continue to ignore it …. as always same same bum splatter

I’ll ignore it by commenting on it.

Irony is strong with noideaGuy.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 8:41am

FYI
ignore
/ɪɡˈnɔː/
verb
verb: ignore;
refuse to take notice of or acknowledge

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 9:34am

Tell us again roadkill how wronged Lehrmann was or how the vast majority of posters on the ME topic hate Israel and its people … none too sharp are you

oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 2:35pm

I’m no Trump supporter but the US has officially lost confidence in the democratic process.

Btw merry Christmas swellnet people.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 3:25pm

Olly
I am a gazillion miles away but I feel the same thing .

If there is an election this year , the losing side , rightly , will not let the Judges ( voters) decision stand as they will think they were robbed .

I wonder what happens next ?

Who will take control of the States then ?

It will be who is most Powerful and atm , I have NFI, who that will be or what they will do .

Edit
Perhaps the only saviour is Trump .
If he gets to run and against Biden , he may get a resounding mandate .

The Democratic Party won’t let Trump at Biden .
Why would they?

oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 3:54pm

fyi I’m referring to Maine’s and Colorado’s decisions to ban Trump.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 4:07pm

Yeah its pretty fascist like they are trying to ban him in different states from running, just let democracy play out and let voters decide who they elect.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 4:25pm

How a country that had such amazing democracy and usually got good government with quality people now has Biden and Trump and a Republican vs democratic crazy screaming match.

It’s embarrassing how far they have fallen. A bunch of nutcases.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 29 Dec 2023 at 7:58pm

While the cats away (.... senile, a grifter, compromised, or in the club etc.) The mice can play ... with trillions.

A strong, intelligent, honest, persuasive leader with the best interest of the people at heart is just too dangerous to the plunderers to be POTUS.

Same with uncontrollable Trumpy with revenge on his mind.

Apparently because Trump never expected to win he had no plan for the transition in of thousands of key positions in the government that are staffed by those supportive of the new president and sweep away the old regime.

So he was stuck with all of Obama's appointees who actively resisted and obstructed him at every turn for most of his presidency. A huge mistake.

Many are still there. It is sort of an Obama goverment still

An angry and wiser Trump is their biggest fear.

Kennedy is second most feared.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 1:21am

geez this guy is good

I don't think he'll get the big job, but in terms of sorting out the media shitscape, he's the master...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 1:53am

annnnnd... just like clockwork...

these people are deranged

and dangerous...

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 7:42am

Vivek is one of the few in the political sphere who can deal with complex topics such as how woke agendas are actually worsening racism and the weirdness of J6 in a question answer / debate situation without falling into the traps or getting tangled in the questioner's pre-set webs.

But wow, they push so hard to stop his flow:

Vivek "If I may finish this answer, it is really important"

Interviewer (coached in stop the flow if it does not fit the desired narrative techniques ... rather than explore the issue) "I am going to interrupt you here" as though that is just her right and then on repeat over the top of Vivek as he tries to continue "you are saying you are saying, you are saying, you are saying, you are saying"

Later he gets going again with some flow developing and she just talks straight over the top again.

She was briefed - do not let him get any flow - learn these 5 interrupting technique and play them on repeat.

Vivek plays a Wimbledon tennis level interview game but is against volleyers at the net with oversize rackets and extra balls to throw into the court mid game.

He is way better than most though at dealing with it and seems to be getting better.

There must be some killer techniques for such situations? Ask the interviewer "Do you want an answer from me or are you here to interview yourself?" and go silent. Or just call out the rudeness of being talked over and interrupted. "Do you think talking over the top of me is rude?" and go silent or repeat the question. Mostly though the pressing need to get their message out means they plough on in a rough volley exchange rather than getting in a clean winner.

Bob Hawke used to fire up and go straight back at the interviewer. Keating had them on the ropes - even recently..

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 8:15am

frog
U could say to the interviewer " U are so clever . Listening to my answer AND talking at the same time " .

I just stop chatting , to rude people .

I just smile and walk off , often mid sentence .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 3:41pm

pretty funny watching both sides of social media minions desperately trying to spin this epstein list their way

by any objective measure, democrats are losing purely on the number of people implicated

then there's this...

seems donny's only got a little to hide...

billy on the other hand...

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 7:29pm

sypkan

Just scrolled thru 2 pages of one of my main social media watcher .

Tyler at Zerohedge .

The list doesn't rate a mention .

Guessing NO surprise Names out recently .

I could check on Mainstream street but don't care much , who is on the list now .

I have seen enough names and records of flight details , to get the idea of who is involved , already .

If the mainstream cover it , I will hear .

Am expecting crickets , again .

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 8:52pm

It is a big club.

Complete with bonding. secrets and photos. The glue that holds the elites tight and the rope to pull any in if they don't seem to want to toe the line.

Wives not so keen. Some bonks cost multi multi millions a minute in divorce payouts.

The report of Stephen Hawking at an orgy !? ? Stud.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:08pm
frog wrote:

'...those are Celine Dion lyrics..." lol

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:11pm
frog wrote:

It is a big club.

Complete with bonding. secrets and photos. The glue that holds the elites tight and the rope to pull any in if they don't seem to want to toe the line.

Wives not so keen. Some bonks cost multi multi millions a minute in divorce payouts.

OK Frog, for real?! Years back there were murmurs of the most horrible stuff, and conspiracy theories have had a habit of coming true, but please say it ain't so...

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 10:17pm

Most conspiracy theories have threads of truth. Maybe it is not not a bunch of lizard shape shifting aliens ruling the world.

But the age old honey pot traps being used by someone(s) to stitch up an influence network of fellow philanderers is not so far fetched.

Whitney Webb has done the homework to detail how the "club" and honey pot works.

Epstein had cameras set up to catch the questionable activities ....

Then it is - puppet on a string for life

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 7 Jan 2024 at 8:38am

frog

The Honey Pot Trap HAS been around since the Dawn of Power .

It is a proven Rat Catcher !

Caesar and the CIA ( Hoover ) loved using them .

If U are interested , The Prince ( Marchiavelli ) , explained it for the Plebs ( by telling the Rulers how Smart they were ( clever ) ) .

An old and very good trap .

Stupid people , keep falling ( running ) into it .

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 7 Jan 2024 at 10:45am

frog and vj

Am guessing U2 would agree , NOT getting your family NAME on the Front page of a Newspaper , for something as repugnant as abusing young girls , is a terrible look .

Quite easy for me to not want my Mother or Daughters to see that shit , so a very easy guide , for what NOT and what I CAN do in life and business .

Caesar was ONLY intimidated by ONE person during his whole life .

His Mother .

Mothers have the most important roles in society .

Ultimately , they KNOW , and they bravely take responsibly , for our Children's behaviour .

A well brought up Child ( hopefully with both a father and mother ) , respects their mother ( and family name ) and knows the RIGHT boundaries imho .

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 7 Jan 2024 at 11:05am

Concise and clear ..

https://m.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 9 Jan 2024 at 6:25pm

;)

https://m.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 9 Jan 2024 at 6:36pm

Flatty

Rolled Gold , GOLD !!!

The BEST Oscar speech EVER imho .

One of the best speeches of ALL time .

Went into a Den of Lions and Lionesses in Hollywood and reminded them the are a Bunch of fn pussies ( hypocrites ) .

He ate them up and spat them out in 1.42 minutes .

Burped ( on them ) and left .

edit

His speech was a HIT .

Not sure why they didn't ask him back .

They do love sequels .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 9 Jan 2024 at 7:09pm

the faces say it all...

the world ain't ready for this little expose

denial runs deep

both of the conscious and sub-conscious varieties...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 9 Jan 2024 at 7:16pm

A speech for the ages.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 9:40pm

The not so silent invasion is being challenged. Texas and 25 states invoke right to defend and protect themselves from the results of Biden and those behind the curtain's open border policies.

Super awkward optics and politics - USA go to go war with Texas and its mates?? Immigration emerging as the issue for 2024.

Soros' dreams of a thermomixed USA cultural minestrone at risk!

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/war-red-states-rally-round-texas-bat...

ringostarr's picture
ringostarr's picture
ringostarr Friday, 26 Jan 2024 at 10:23pm

Who's going to serve the drinks / drive the cabs+ubers / do the laundry / clean the toilets / collect the garbage / serve the fast food / wait the tables / man the 7-11 and gas stations? Don's mob?