whats the latest on kirra .

simba's picture
simba started the topic in Wednesday, 4 Dec 2013 at 6:17pm

Whats the latest on kirra any news?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 8 Jan 2015 at 8:14pm

Yorkes, in the long run it would be better for you to go to tassie to sample the pie
Also, as far as sheep dip is concerned if you are talking about Kirra your talking about sheepster

grug's picture
grug's picture
grug Thursday, 8 Jan 2015 at 10:40pm

They don't just make the things (scallop pies) in tas. Had one of the best scallop pies i've ever had down in southern tas today. Don't think it was your place though Sheepdog... cafe in dover I think... really touristy, 'petty' something or other. But it was a good pie. Are your pies better than theirs? What town is your bakery in? Think I went to one of your favourite surf beaches down there today. no waves... just abalone;) Beautiful spot.

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Friday, 9 Jan 2015 at 6:04am

Sounds like petty sessions at Franklin Grug. Scallop pies at the Port Huon trading post are way better. There were waves down here yesterday, ya mustn't have looked hard enough!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 9 Jan 2015 at 8:42am

Due to my outrageous over reaction in regards to evosurfers nonsensical "August was twice as big as I have ever seen it post", I decided to red card myself....
Next time someone makes a statement like that, I will ignore it, especially if they aren't a flapper....

The reason I posted that old photo btw, Evo, was not about size anyway... A point you seemed to miss.......It was about the sheer perfection of old Kirra... One can also see that in the MP photo.... But take a second look at that old photo of mine.... It looks like a wave machine.... It's a shame the wave in the foreground wasn't fully captured... It just kept reeling,,, and reeling.... and reeling....
A bit like this dodgy old footage;

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 9 Jan 2015 at 9:35am

Full moon Sheepy. Gets you every time.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 9 Jan 2015 at 11:20am
Blowin wrote:

Full moon Sheepy. Gets you every time.

haha Gold!
Wow Sheepio that old footage above in 1979 looks amazing.
How is the angle of it against the groin wall...?
Awesome stuff.
There must be some classic Super8 footage of Old Kirra during those times still out there...!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 9 Jan 2015 at 12:11pm

Blowin, welly..... Full moon?? Maybe.... But I thought it was from that monkey bite I suffered a few weeks ago in S.E Asia.... Have been a bit foamy in the corners of the mouth lately lol

grug's picture
grug's picture
grug Friday, 9 Jan 2015 at 11:35pm

wouldn't doubt it Wesley...Looked like the swell and wind was decent for the more exposed spots.... we didn't have time to trek further south for proper exploration unfortunately. Hope you got some! Thanks for the tip on the pies at the Port Huon Trading Post.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 10 Jan 2015 at 8:59am

Gday, Yorko, grug wes, and the shaun sheep..... Good old "petty sessions", grug.... No not our place, but you weren't too far away....
BTW, the café you went to was the court house in the 1800s handling "petty sessions", hence its name...

Yorko.... $420 000, aye...... We better sell heaps this summer to afford that... ;). Yeah been checking Corny out...... I love the look of that region.... Convincing the wife is the issue.... When you pointed out ages ago that most towns are on tank water, she got cold feet...... I was looking at a little shack a bit up the road from there on the net.... About a 20 minute drive to the surf.... Funkiest little shack....
Cheers, mate

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 10 Jan 2015 at 1:55pm

Sheepy ,Carocell 3000f solar domestic desal unit avail at Bunnings.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 10 Jan 2015 at 4:02pm

Cheers, Udo.... But there's one thing I have discovered that makes things bearable in the nearly 1/2 a century on this godforsaken planet..... "Happy wife = happy life"..... ;p
I'll keep working on it though lol......

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 10 Jan 2015 at 5:27pm

Wrong thread Sheepio try this one.

http://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/230041

Just for you...;)

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Sunday, 11 Jan 2015 at 4:14pm

Christ sheepdog the only thing we will ever agree on.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 11 Jan 2015 at 5:25pm

It's all good, evosurfer.... I'm sure there are other things we agree on... Like Pizza is a pretty handy Friday night meal.... Sunday arvo barby's are great.. And I'm sure you'd agree a night with Alessandra Ambrosio would nearly be worth the repercussions..... Nearly..... ;)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 12 Jan 2015 at 5:22pm

Any one on the goldy been watching kirra today ? quick views on the cam its starting to look nice shaped sand this arvo.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 12 Jan 2015 at 7:25pm

The crowd at super bank is crazy, but it looks so damn fun, got to love Goldie point waves, there just so easy to surf they have that perfect bottom shape and over sand…must have been an amazing place before white man.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 16 Jan 2015 at 11:32am

Hey grug!! You about?

grug's picture
grug's picture
grug Friday, 16 Jan 2015 at 2:54pm

Hey Sheepy! What's happening?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 16 Jan 2015 at 3:04pm

He's typing just a mo grug;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 16 Jan 2015 at 3:38pm

Good call, welly ;)
Grug.... Did you sit at "the chair"? hahahaha......

grug's picture
grug's picture
grug Friday, 16 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm

"the chair"? don't think so. What, may i ask, is 'the chair'?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 16 Jan 2015 at 4:06pm

You know Grug!!!!
The death penalty.
Injection.
Lights out..?
Obviously you didn't sit in the chair :)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 16 Jan 2015 at 4:16pm

The bench at that surf break down past "petty sessions"....

grug's picture
grug's picture
grug Friday, 16 Jan 2015 at 7:23pm

I saw 'the chair'. But I did not sit in it... Good thing or bad thing? I'm guessing a lot of things have occurred on 'the chair' for it too acquire such a foreboding moniker...?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 17 Jan 2015 at 11:17am

Ohh it's the graffiti scratched into the chair, grug... Hilarious ;) You would've fell over laughing....

grug's picture
grug's picture
grug Sunday, 18 Jan 2015 at 12:26am

ahh cool. I'll have a closer look next time! i better damn well fall over laughing though!