Health Research

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Monday, 14 Aug 2017 at 8:00pm

O-Men's picture
O-Men's picture
O-Men Friday, 22 Jun 2018 at 11:17pm

Cryp, no "elite" athletes or trainers are really using this hex bar which you are obsessing about, it is bloody dangerous. Just imagine, viewers, someone climbing into this loop with maybe Hundreds of kgs , loosing balance, and falling over. Where are you going to go? What are you going to do? You can't throw it away from yourself and you can't escape it. Something is gunna bust, a leg ,a shin, knee ,,, or back. It's even worse for back rehab.
While I'm here I'd like to throw a little bit of accelerant on the nice little fire by calling out another famous training myth. Cryp said " And relatively higher reps for both hypertrophy, fitness (includes functional range athletic flexibility), and also longevity. Well this is just piffle. I think they still teach this rubbish too, that there is some difference in hypertrophy (increase in muscle size) and strength gain. That's just some of the most Ill thought bullshit I've ever heard from science. Muscle can only grow stronger by increasing its cross sectional area , muscle grows stronger to cope with exposure to increasing loads. The heavier the load is above what you're used to , the faster and greater the adaptation. So why would anyone be convinced that a lighter load , and hence higher rep number (10-12 reps), would produce more hypertrophy than a heavier load, lower rep number(4-6) reps???. The heavier load , less reps format is also healthier on the joints and imparts less oxidative stress on the body.

rooftop's picture
rooftop's picture
rooftop Saturday, 23 Jun 2018 at 2:24am

That diet article's a goodie.

rooftop's picture
rooftop's picture
rooftop Saturday, 23 Jun 2018 at 2:26am

Whoa, thought I replied to something at the top of the thread. Didn't mean to land in the middle of the hypertrophy battle.

Carry on, gentlemen...

O-Men's picture
O-Men's picture
O-Men Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018 at 11:12am

Cryp gone? Booted? Jeez ,must've arced up? Spewin. Anyway , how about gardening and how it relates to health and surfing. Here is where the whole protein journey begins, with atmospheric nitrogen. The atmosphere being some 70plus percent N. How do we get it into our muscles?

O-Men's picture
O-Men's picture
O-Men Wednesday, 4 Jul 2018 at 7:54pm

Here it is...the deadlift , simple ,safe, easy to understand.

Here's another one , how to squat properly.

You should look at this Cryp. Take note of the correct training cues. Also interestingly this is how Dan Green recommends people learn it. There is also some very good advise on Riptoes website about the impertinent hex bar.

ryder's picture
ryder's picture
ryder Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 10:41am

Pretty sure you'll still find HRH Crypto Knight parading around the cold main streets of Port Lincoln in nothing but a pair of boardies, a tank top and a pair of thongs, all from his 1983 wardrobe

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 11:35am

Dear O-Dear... not again. Back peddling, changing your 'story'... again.... little Dear... O-Dear. Really, it’s for the best that you tossed and turned all night, then back peddled and deleted half your post in the wee hours of the morning, when you skipped out on your last little nugget, Dear... O-Dear. It was for the best, I don’t blame you for hiding back then either, really.

Now skip's been deserted… again. Like that ‘Mass Machine’ secret(sic), super duper supplement line. Remember that classic!!! Silly idea, ohhh, nooo, you bought ‘em didn’t you, Dear-O-Dear. Oooh nooo (but not the the same mass machine prohormones and drugs, glenbuterol, ephedrine etc, that Skip Lecour used when competing O-men. Although they were legal in bodybuilding competition back then in the US, even back then they were illegal in most sports and athletics.)!!!! Oooh nooo not that too!!! And now, attributing the obvious ripping deadlift yarn to skip. But, if that's the road you want to go down, really, much better to just get the original book, the ideas, that 'Starting Strength' was...well… 'borrowed' from. Bill Starr's, 'The Strongest Shall Survive: Strength Training for Football'.

Anyway, its hard to ignore this little 'nugget' below. I can't. These are, little Dear-O-Dear, well I guess we'd have to call him, this new back peddling incarnation, 'rippy'... these are 'rippy's' exact words. In a nutshell.

‘Starting Strength’s goal is not to train world-class powerlifters. It is, rather, to make normal, average people stronger. Powerlifters lift in a way that allows them to move the bar the shortest legal range of motion in order to lift the most weight. Followers of Starting Strength lift in a way that utilizes the most muscle mass needed to overcome maximal necessary moment in order to get generally strong. Adding a little more weight to the bar isn’t the singular goal (as it is in powerlifting), but rather one of three things that we know will help make us stronger:

use the most muscle mass,
use the greatest effective range of motion, and
use the most weight possible (with proper form).’

He then goes on to demonstrate and advocate the exact, ludicrous opposite. As well as limit the amount of work the muscles do in real life. And surfing. By eliminating any skerrick of isometric and eccentric work. And using ludicrous, shocking, sloppy form, 'my back only rounded a little bit rippy, I am ripping!!!'.’Good work son!!! Keep it up, that arse… I mean you’re way too inflexible to get it down!!!’ (Although skip tried!!!) And please never, ever put his twitching bent row(sic) vids up. Hilarious shit!!! With feet splayed out... again... and again... and again... Just like an unfit, unbalanced, inflexible, powerless, lazy, weak sod, Dear... O-dear, would ride a bike, run, jump and so on, compounding their plight as they go. Because it 'feels right'. Just like slouching does whilst barfing a coldy does.

Dear-O-Dear, keep working on your arse up high, quadless, head buried in the muck, feet splayed, deadlifting, because, lets face it, you are too inflexible, not supple enough to do otherwise, and its too hard work for you to engage maximum muscle mass, over the longest range. Dear-O-Dear.

Shear... (er) force you say? Good luck! No wonder the very real incidence of recorded deadlifting/crossfit injuries is so ridiculously high!!!! Sloppy gumbies ripping... head bands and grip straps flapping, all over the shop!!!

But, stoked I have introduced you to Green and now you are starting to learn things Dear-O!!! But another tip, stop constantly back peddling, and just goooglin', just making up shit, changing your stories all the time... your clients won't like that!!!??

Carry on swillnutting, Dear... O-Dear... again... Dear-O-Dear, in a nutshell!!! Again!!!??!

Where are you parading around rydless. Haha, I see you hidin'!!! Come up, call in the gym, try and get an appointment, don't be such a quiet, scared little mouse!!! And stoked you two have found each other!!

O-Men's picture
O-Men's picture
O-Men Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 6:09pm

This one is all about what you're sayin Cryp , do you fall on you're face when you look down too?

Oh your gunna love this one Cryp, I know you already saw it, this would have to be the best execution of barbell row you would have seen Ay?
Now Cryp, I know you don't like this sort of thing , but as a PT you have to be able to teach from experience, and I know that you have never , ever, investigated Max-OT by actually trying it. I recommend anyone with any interest in weight training ,and cardio,for improved surfing or general all round strength and health, to at least look at Max-OT at Ast-SS.com . Keep an open mind and be prepared for a different approach to execution, it's free. Cryp, I know you're intensely passionate about training and you think you're years of experience and ,so called , study have rendered you correct beyond doubt, but you've missed something crucial and you are wrong. I've studied hard all my life too, at uni , tech and informally across numerous fields. I can't boast a life of shoulder rubbing with ' elites' and ' deluxes' as you call them , but quite a few of my mates are ' top flight', as you put it, scientists of biology , metabolic physiology , zoology, physics. Fk the list goes on buddy. Physics is in my family . I can access all the journals mate, I've read heaps and I know how hard it can be identifying relevant information from all the bullshit which makes publication. Anyway just give it a go Ay , try it out, evolve Cryp, you can do it, you're almost there. Just a bit more ' mass reading' and doing, and you'll see a flash of light, an understanding. You'll have learnt. Go on , try it.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 6:44pm

Dropping into a squat is eccentric no matter which way you teach it crapto. And flexibility has nothing to do a proper deadlift form.

Perhaps we should start at the start.....The hip bone 's connected to the thigh bone.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 6:48pm

Dear-O-Dear!!! Back peddled again!!! And still no answers. Still changing your squwark ups, back peddling, and just making shit up! No answers again!!!!???

'Now skip's been deserted… again. Like that ‘Mass Machine’ secret(sic), super duper supplement line. Remember that classic!!! Silly idea, ohhh, nooo, you bought ‘em didn’t you, Dear-O-Dear. Oooh nooo (but not the the same mass machine prohormones and drugs, glenbuterol, ephedrine etc, that Skip Lecour used when competing O-men. Although they were legal in bodybuilding competition back then in the US, even back then they were illegal in most sports and athletics.)!!!! Oooh nooo not that too!!! And now, attributing the obvious ripping deadlift yarn to skip. But, if that's the road you want to go down, really, much better to just get the original book, the ideas, that 'Starting Strength' was...well… 'borrowed' from. Bill Starr's, 'The Strongest Shall Survive: Strength Training for Football'.

The Bill Starr stuff that rippy borrowed has been around for much longer. That was all years ago, in my teens. Its nothing new. Try breathing squats.

Who's rows are worse, Skippy's hip hinges, or Rippy's... WTF, ludicrous. (Which of those poor disciples is you... slumped on the rack, feet splayed).

Thrall powerlifting to save yourself??? Remember what rippy said??? Dear-O-Dear, you are too all over the shop, constantly making new stuff up, and confused!!! Clients hate that!!!

‘Starting Strength’s goal is not to train world-class powerlifters. It is, rather, to make normal, average people stronger. Powerlifters lift in a way that allows them to move the bar the shortest legal range of motion in order to lift the most weight.'

Dear-O-Dear, despite blithering this swillnutting drivvle, you keep standing stand behind that old arse up ripper, and keep your head stuck up rippy's butt.

'Anyway just give it a go Ay , try it out, evolve'

'Keep an open mind and be prepared for a different approach to execution'

Dear-O-Dear, despite blithering this swillnutting drivvle, you keep standing stand behind your old arse up ripper, with your arse up, and your head stuck up rippy's butt.

Results count. You stupidly ignore them, at the highest level as well, like this.

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/money-lift-how-top-flight-trainer-dis...

Dear-O-Dear, you have to get your clients results. But firstly, you must never injure them. You have to be reliably consistent. Workout after workout after workout after workout after workout after workout after workout, year after year, after year, after year after year after year after year after year after year (did I say year). Then, you have a waiting list of clients!!! That's all you have to do!!! Try it, give it a go!!! Learn!!!

Or, Dear-O-Dear, by all means, just carry on swillnutting, in a nutshell. No answers, again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again (did I say again)...

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 8:51pm

So, in a nutshell, you display, massive, no, actually mass, ludicrous... no beyond mass ludicrous stupidity, Dear-O-Dear!!!

In a nutshell, you swillnut, 'this would have to be the best execution of barbell row you would have seen Ay?'

So in a nutshell, you're worshipping skippy's rows, meanwhile, rippy is bagging the living fuck out of skippy's shit rows, all while you have your head jammed up rippy's arse, licking furiously, whilst worshipping rippy... for bagging skippy... Dear-O-Dear... come again???!! Yuck!!! Not silly, just plain stupid!!! Dear-O-Dear.

But, even worse, even more stupid, all while rippy is blithering to his disciples about maximum range of motion in his rows, blithering and blathering about the importance of even a sixteenth of an inch when rowing. And yes, its true, all this as his disciples jealously stare, jealously fixated on his hanging guts advantage, his specially supplemented guts, effectively shortening his range of motion by two and a half feet... and that, those guts... the very reason why, as he constantly highlights, that he has to constantly splay his feet. I love it!!!?? But there's more!!! Even more mass stupidity... Dear-O-Dear!!!

In a nutshell, Rippy blithers about supine, pronated grips, which he blathers give literally identical rows, whilst swillnutting about its great use in working the bicep, all the while not realizing the huge difference in maximum contraction and range each grip means for biceps. All while rippy refuses to listen to the furiously arse licking Dear-O-Dear who squwarks and screeches at rippy to copy skippy 's rows (which rippy hates) and to:

'Anyway just give it a go Ay , try it out, evolve'

'Keep an open mind and be prepared for a different approach to execution'.

So rippy goes all scientifical and says 'no, I won't try it or evolve, that's how they've been done for 70 years.'

In a nutshell.

As for rippy's cues to protect his disciples lower backs, (that he constantly whinges that everyone gets wrong, because he constantly gets the shit bagged out of him for them), they are at best useless, pitiful, dangerous, for all those obvious, no idea beginners there, about to be put in that extreme shear (err) position, Dear-NO-Idea.

As you say Dear-O-Dear,

'and I know how hard it can be identifying relevant information from all the bullshit'

Of course you do, and as you so beautifully demonstrate, you are fucking useless at it, Dear-O-Dear.

Please don't swillnut drivvle about things you have very limited experience and expertise in any more happless. All your clients wont like it. And, tell your new mate skippy, and more importantly rippy your genius eccentric training squwark, yes, rippy, who actually highlights his idea of the waste of utilizing the eccentric portion of the rep.

Meanwhile, as Dear-NO-Idea loves his science so much!!!???

'This one’s fairly obvious, and you’ve probably incorporated aspects of it your training. After you lift a weight concentrically for a particular exercise, you then lower or perform the eccentric phase more slowly or for a longer eccentric duration. Specifically, execute an enhanced eccentric duration/ slow eccentric phase while concentrically lifting the bar explosively. While this is one of the most common eccentric exercises, many strength and muscle-building athletes are resistant to it because it compromises your ability to pump out more reps or lift more weight during your current training session. The net result, though, is greater strength and enhanced muscle mass.

Examples: This technique can be used for virtually any exercise where you want to increase strength or muscle mass.'

Why is that happless? But, you still have NO-Idea... don't you!!!??? Again.

Hapless swillnuts, in a nutshell.

O-Men's picture
O-Men's picture
O-Men Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 9:21pm

Oh well hahaha, men's journal, fkn bullshit, zero science, confounded study, meaningless, no elite trainer, stupid hex bar rubbish. Nothing proven. The hex bar will hurt you're clients and then you can grab more moolar by rehabbing them with soft training. Nothing significant added here , sorry. I've seen hundreds of PTs fkn going off with bookings and teaching rubbish, but they're fully booked all the time, because of sneaky marketing, or , in this case, simply telling everyone they're the best, people believe that bullshit too, confidence goes a long way in that business. Fkn money lift , my ass. But look , this bloke you belittle , HappyasS, is obviously right on the ball and he probably even knows more than he's letting on here. I would trust him. You haven't really addressed anything I have posted here either, talk about ' drivel ' Ay. You mentioned you like high rep training for ' hypertrophy ' but that's bullshit too, and also for 'longevity' , more bullshit, and 'flexibility ' , bullshit. Should I stop yet? You say ', you must never injure them. ' , but you must also not injure them mentally either huh? But, are you different in real life ,or to you're clients? They don't seem to get offended , are you blowing smoke Cryp, how offensive . Anyway I'm thinking it's not really like that, maybe you're just a good old satirist , and who doesn't love a good laugh , I love it , I'm laughin. Keep the good times rollin cob.

O-Men's picture
O-Men's picture
O-Men Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 9:35pm

Here you go again with more mythological crap Cryp, ... 'dangerous, for all those obvious, no idea beginners there, about to be put in that extreme shear (err) position, Dear-NO-Idea.' .... Shear Ay? The structures of the spine make it excellent at withstanding the shearing forces when in the horizontal plane whilst loaded. If trained progressively it won't be a problem.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 10:03pm

You've been badly sprung Dear-O-Dear. Magnificent swillnutting, 101, fully exposed, with nothing to back you. Deadlift injuries pulling from the floor? Dear-No- idea about the very real world statistics. Back your swillnut blithering. I know what all the science says about your rep range bullshit. You have nothing to back your drivel. And please don't use any more totally contradictory swiss cheese vids as your ever back peddling, changing 'evidence'. Again.

I like that you are happlessly grovelling for backup after your squwark up!!! Its so common!!! Keep back peddling too!! But Dear-O-Dear, at least watch the vids that you google, because its very, very... ludicrously stupid to use totally contradictory 'evidence' (sic) to support your swillnutting drivvle. Your clients won't like it again!!!!!

In fact, in the real world, that just results in a resounding, F. F Fail. See Me!!!!??

Dear-O-Dear. That's all. In a nut shell!!!

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 10:34pm

fcuk, this is confusing the shit out of me gentlemen.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Thursday, 5 Jul 2018 at 11:19pm

Shit... can't have that! That's easy fixed, just ask Pete about his mate from the gazza, who was crippled, totally fucked back, that couldn't work, (a carpetlayer) let alone surf, who I trained up there, deadlifting, who ended up deluxe. Working, surfing, no worries!!!

Hang on though Freeo, maybe you are confused about why you got hospitalized at such a soft cock, gutless wave blax, when Dear-O-Dear just toyed with it in 1990 (although he back peddled on that) again!!! Who knows!!! In a nutshell!!!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 20 Oct 2018 at 10:49am
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 20 Oct 2018 at 11:36am

Yep.

But that was common knowledge to some many years ago.

'"We acknowledge that the Sugar Research Foundation should have exercised greater transparency in all of its research activities, however, when the studies in question were published funding disclosures and transparency standards were not the norm they are today," the association said.'

'"Is it really true that food companies deliberately set out to manipulate research in their favor? Yes, it is, and the practice continues. In 2015, the New York Times obtained emails revealing Coca-Cola's cozy relationships with sponsored researchers who were conducting studies aimed at minimizing the effects of sugary drinks on obesity. Even more recently, the Associated Press obtained emails showing how a candy trade association funded and influenced studies to show that children who eat sweets have healthier body weights than those who do not."'

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 20 Oct 2018 at 3:14pm

"Pure, White and Deadly" - I'm guessing 1974.

CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight's picture
CryptoKnight Saturday, 20 Oct 2018 at 3:48pm

Haha, that formed a part of the consensus. Mary Enig challenged false hoods too. But, there were other more influential people.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 20 Oct 2018 at 3:55pm

Agree on the sugar. Best thing we can do with it is burn it in an engine :)

(shameless plug for E85 Commodore)

Steve Solomon's Soil & Heath Library based out of N Tassie is a gem too.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 1 May 2019 at 5:15pm

I found this ancient health & training archive. It may be of some use on here?

http://theacidsweatlodge.blogspot.com/search/label/training

Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous Friday, 5 Jul 2019 at 4:56pm

Health research. Does technique improvements to avoid injury fall under this category?

Been having much trouble with locking rear hip for the past years. Results in spine doing the twisting through turns. Now realised that when I torque off my rear leg, I'm not pushing back through the hip to compensate. Where do we get some good info on technique to help maintain shredd-ability into old age?

Laurie McGinness's picture
Laurie McGinness Friday, 5 Jul 2019 at 5:11pm

Ape, if you are around the Northern Beaches Manly Surf School run conditioning sessions at their Cromer gym and have plenty of coaching expertise on hand to help with technique ......... a small investment in your future! If you are having hip issues now strength and mobility exercises are the way to go. You will avoid problems down the line by dealing with it now.

Laurie McGinness Friday, 19 Jul 2019 at 12:31pm

Thirsty this thread already exists in the health area but feel free to start one that is more specific.

Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous Thursday, 7 Nov 2019 at 11:57am

Interesting read: Naval Medical Research institute - Bibliography of Reported Biological Phenomenon ('effects') and Clinical Manifestations to Microwave and Radio-Frequency Radiation.

Document from 1971; more than 2000 references on the biological responses to radio frequency and microwave radiation.

Summary copied from Dr Magda Havas, documented effects include:
A. Heating of Organs* (Applications: Diathermy, Electrosurgery, Electrocoagulation, Electrodesiccation, Electrotomy)
This includes heating of the whole body or part of the body like the skin, bone and bone marrow, lens of the eye with cataracts and damage to the cornea; genitalia causing tubular degeneration of testicles; brains and sinuses; metal implants causing burns near hip pins etc. These effects are reversible except for damage to the eye.
B. Changes in Physiological Function
This includes contraction of striated muscles; altered diameter of blood vessels (increased vascular elasticity), dilation; changes in oxidative processes in tissues and organs; liver enlargement; altered sensitivity to drugs; decreased spermatogenesis leading to decreased fertility and to sterility; altered sex ratio of births in favor of girls; altered menstrual activity; altered fetal development; decreased lactation in nursing mothers; reduction in diuresis resulting in sodium excretion via urine output; altered renal function; changes in conditioned reflexes; decreased electrical resistance of skin; changes in the structure of skin receptors; altered rate of blood flow; altered biocurrents in cerebral cortex in animals; changes in the rate of clearance of tagged ions from tissues; reversible structural changes in the cerebral cortex and diencephalon; changes in electrocardiographs; altered sensitivity to light, sound, and olfactory stimuli; functional and pathological changes in the eyes; myocardial necrosis; hemorrhage in lungs, liver, gut and brain and generalized degeneration of body tissue at fatal levels of radiation; loss of anatomical parts; death; dehydration; altered rate of tissue calcification.
C. Central Nervous System Effects
This includes headaches; insomnia; restlessness (daytime and during sleep); changes in brain wave activity (EEG); cranial nerve disorders; pyramidal tract lesions; disorders of conditioned reflexes; vagomimetic and sympathomimetic action of the heart; seizure and convulsions.
D. Autonomic Nervous System Effects
Altered heart rhythm; fatigue, structural alterations in synapses of the vagus nerve; stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system leading to Bradycardia and inhibition of the sympathetic nervous system.
E. Peripheral Nervous System Effects
Effects on locomotor nerves.
F. Psychological Disorders
Symptoms include neurasthenia (general bad feeling); depression; impotence; anxiety; lack of concentration; hypochondria; dizziness; hallucinations; sleepiness or insomnia; irritability; decreased appetite; loss of memory; scalp sensations; fatigue; chest pain, tremors.
G. Behavioral Changes in Animals Studies
Effects include changes in reflexive, operant, avoidance and discrimination behaviors.
H. Blood Disorders
Effects include changes in blood and bone marrow; increased phagocytic and bactericidal functions; increased rate of hemolysis (shorter lifespan of cells); increased blood sedimentation rate; decreased erythrocytes; increased blood glucose concentrations; altered blood histamine content; changes in lipids and cholesterol; changes in Gamma Globulin and total protein concentration; changes in number of eosinophils; decrease in albumin/globulin ratio; altered hemopoiesis (rate of blood corpuscles formation); leukopenia (increased number of white blood cells and leukocytosis; reticulocytosis (increase in immature red blood cells).
I. Vascular Disorders
This includes thrombosis and hypertension.
J. Enzyme and Other Biochemical Changes (in vitro)
Changes in the activity of cholinesterase (also in vivo); phosphatase; transaminase; amylase, carboxydismutase; denaturation of proteins; inactivation of fungi, viruses, and bacteria; killed tissue cultures; alterated rate of cell division; increased concentration of RNA in lymphocytes and decreased concentration of RNA in brain, liver and spleen; changes in pyruvic acid, lactic acid and creatinine excretions; changes in concentration of glycogen in liver (hyperglycemia); altered concentrationsof 17-ketosteroids in urine.
K. Metabolic Disorders
Effects include glycosuria (sugar in urne); increase in urinary phenols; altered processing of metabolic enzymes; altered carbohydrate metabolism.
L. Gastro-Intestinal Disorders
Effects include anorexia; epigastric pan; constipation; altered secretion of stomach digestive juices.
M. Endocrine Gland Changes
Effects include altered functioning of pituitary gland, thyroid gland (hyper-thyroidism and enlarged thyroid, increased uptake of radioactive iodine), and adrenal cortex; decreased corticosteroids in blood; decreased glucocorticoidal activity; hypogonadism (with decreased production of testosterone).
N. Histological Changes
Changes in tubular epithelium of testicles and gross changes.
O. Genetic and Chromosomal Changes
Effects include chromosomal aberrations (shortening, pseudochiasm, diploid structures, amitotic divisions, bridging, “stickiness”; irregularities in chromosomal envelope); mutations; mongolism; somatic alterations (not involving nucleus or chromosomes); neoplastic diseases (tumors).
P. Pearl Chain Effect
This refers to intracellular orientation of subcellular particles and orientation of cellular and other (non-biologic particles, i.e. mini magnetics) affecting orientation of animals, birds, and fish in electromagnetic fields.
Q. Miscellaneous Effects
These include sparking between dental fillings; metallic taste in mouth; changes in optical activity of colloidal solutions; treatment for syphilis, poliomyelitis, skin diseases; loss and brittleness of hair; sensations of buzzing, vibrations, pulsations, and tickling about head and ears; copious perspiration, salivation, and protrusion of tongue; changes in the operation of implanted cardiac pacemakers; changes in circadian rhythms.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 8 Nov 2019 at 3:22pm

Ape drums up the fear factor that gromz of today would giggle at.
First some ground rules for exclusive swellnet 1970's Health market examination.

1970's Zodiac Cults of Sharks Teeth,Tusks,Rabbits foot & Chix reading yer palm.
Much of it centred around Hate USA vs Jap Crap boycott of 1970/80's era...
1970's word of mouth democracy of good ol' bullshit detector was king.

*Food phobias
1970's interstate Food bans & car inspection queues robbed 1-2 hours off a day.
If you ate more you'd collect more Cereal Box Toys or ice block stick prizes.
Wuk! Macs were work of the devil...taking the piss at height of Oz Hamburger Era.
Margarine was obscene...guests would refuse this new life shortening substitute.
Snap Frozen Veges had the life sucked outta them leaving no nutritional value
Putting Vegemite in the fridge takes the edge off the bitter taste that Aussies love.
Milk bar on every corner. Coffee was icky. Dingy Cafe was a lonely place to meet.
Tang orange mix drink was straight out powdered cancer
Saccharin or fake sugar was arsenic, you'd go blind just looking at a sachet
Coke was then & now pure poison & not even on hottest day would any drink that.

*Food chemistry Tech fears...
Kidz lunch was wrapped in wax paper or alfoil, never kill your kidz with Cling Wrap.
Microwaves were #1 Work of the Devil add Cling wrap & you're on the road to Hell.
Chemists were floggin' off cheaper & better gear than local Dealers.
Schoolkidz got high off Govt top shelf Test Papers & wouldn't stop sniffin them.
Soda Stream shot poisonous plumes of gas into your water...sure tasted like that!
Ice Cube Trays absorbed all Toxic nasties. People hurled ice back at Drink waiters.
Small Crushed Ice in Pub lounges & drink units was the accepted break-thru.

[fact] *1st Plastic Straws were brittle & often split. Pubs+Supermarkets won out.

*Body of Evidence
X-Rays 'as always' did more harm than good...MRI continues freaking out next gen.
All kidz could still buy ciggies & return bottles but never beer bottles as today's kids.
Sunnies weakened your eyes, only for mustached pervs like Developers & Cops
Sunscreen was a last resort due to cancerous compounds.Many still fear sunscreen.
Digital Watches were to leak toxic glowing goop. Every kid without one said so.
Aircon was likened to Gas Chambers. Cars were bought & sold with unused air con.
Only Touros took photos, if you took a photo of any gang you'd be killed dead.
C.D's robbed our ears of High fidelity sound...Future is 'canned music'. (Clipped)
Remote Controls were going to make kids lazy...How stupid was that...As if!
Velcro fly humiliated many of menfolk...all vowing velcro is dead to me.
Every After Shave Balm company was sued for false claim of attracting 1000 chix.
Waterbeds were a hit with sex maniacs but felt like a bed of nails swear Ma & Pa.
Jacuzzis were for sleazy orgies leaving a sloppy cesspit for pool boy to mop up..
Tanning beds sneaked thru back doors & burnt themselves out in a reign of terror.
Are you keeping up with the Commodore? [Kid blows up planet & gets grounded]

tbb's 1970's Psychotropical contagion is ultra rare & has no cure [Do Not Swallow]