Schapelle the final chapter. (She's coming home)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 8:00pm

In a few days.

Going to be interesting to see how this unfolds, don't think she is allowed to profit from the crime, but i guess she is already a celebrity in a sense, life is going to get possibly even weirder for the poor girl.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 8:26pm

Back to the Goldy?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 6:50am

Believe so, family i think live at Tugan.

Going to be a complete shock to her to live back in OZ after so much time in Indo without coming back, plus not working for that long.

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 12:03pm

I reckon she should be able to profit if she tells her life story or writes an autobiography. She's done her time. If the likes of Mick Gatto can pull it off surely Schapelle will be allowed. I don't see how she can ever join Australian society tho with that level of fame and the press using her as a football on slow news days.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 12:07pm

The media will throw money at her. Does it matter that the 'crime' was in another country with different laws to Aus ? Yes, in this case, can't see why cannot collect the cash that will be thrown at her.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 12:44pm

"Going to be a complete shock to her to live back in OZ after so much time in Indo without coming back, plus not working for that long."

Working? Are we talking about the Goldie??

Anyway, the media big guns are all over it...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/crime-and-justice/mercedes...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4307792/Schapelle-Corby-s-Bali-r...

Ah, the glamorous Goldie!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 10:42pm

A Mercedes driving an Audi?

I'd like to see that!

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 1:19pm

Maybe Stu can interview Trudy Todd? Call in some favours or summat...

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 1:35pm

I would love to see her do some promo work advertising board bags or maybe on a travel show like getaway. Banged-up-abroad maybe? Indonesia's hardest prisons?

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 3:16pm

I'd really like never having to see or hear of her in the public sphere again. I hope she'd like that too.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 3:20pm

all the best to her. what was done to her is just plain wrong. putting people in prison for weed is babarbaric and hypocritical.
on my way to buy a sandwich for lunch, i walked past four places selling alcohol -- that stuff is addictive, neurotoxic and carcinogenic...

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 4:55pm

dont really understand why any australians have such strong opinions eitherway. shes deserved what she got because she did wrong by the indo law not our law, but shes done her time now and paid her dues to them so its in the past. hopefully she does the right thing and doesnt seeks to profit of it all, and rather get on with her life doing right by her community. though if she seeks to profit then that will definitely show a poor character.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 5:41pm

I don't think people should get jailed for pot, but it's the law in Indonesia and she rolled the dice and lost.

But i still feel for her.

Not sure about whether she should be able to profit or not from her story, i guess not a crime a crime.

From what I've read i don't think she is allowed too, but i think now being like a celebrity in a way, i think she could use her status to make money in some way legally, even if it is something silly like selling travel bags or something. (don't expect she would get paid much for promoting body board bags)

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 8:40pm

I don't really get why she can't profit from her experience. Every media outlet in Australia has, countless lawyers have, she's been a virtual industry for people. Half the top selling biographies detail illegal culture and activities. TV shows glorify it, movies deify it. Time has been done...move on a free women and do the best you can I say.

roubydouby's picture
roubydouby's picture
roubydouby Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 9:35pm

She'll probably get work giving interviews every time some bozo finds him or herself in Kerobokan - that happens pretty regularly. She could comment on life inside, the political climate, how the legal system works, all sorts of shit.
So long as she isn't too messed up over everything, ala David Hicks.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 9:31am

happy, i imagine that in your in your salad days you've might have smoked some weed, even passed a joint to your mate (that counts as supply). but you don't think you deserve to be in an australian prison for supply of marijuana do you? that's because you don't. but that's the law in australia.
what she did was stupid, but that doesn't mean she deserves to spend, what was it, seven years in prison.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 10:00am

Pot is going to be legal in a few years.

What will become of people's criminal records containing the subversive growing of a plant when that happens ?

A person's Criminal history can assert all kinds of influence on their future prospects. What happens when the activities that you are perennially condemned by are no longer considered evil ?

Government : " Yeah, we were wrong ( shoulder shrug ) , who knew that the war on soft drugs was an unmitigated waste of time , effort , finances and otherwise innocent people's respectability , productivity and opportunity to lead a peaceful existence ?"

Society : " Everyone except the muppets in power bending over backwards to follow the USA down a path of overreaction with zero net return for our own nation .....again."

And Schapelle ?

Let Schapelle do whatever she wants to do.

Like her or loathe her , she's paid penance for breaking a ridiculous law in a foreign country.

If anything , I'd say that Australian society has a bit of red ink on its ledger in regards to the entertainment / gossip / intrusion into her private life when contrasted against her only intrusion into our lives is the slight smearing of our national identity as a country consisting of drug mules and reefer madness addicts .

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 1:06pm

What will happen when legal??

Nothing. Simple.

Life will go on, with a shrug of the shoulders, simply looked back on in the future as a stupid time in history.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 10:30pm

i dont think its my right to judge matters of another country that dont impact me in any way shape or form. we got our rulez, they got theirs. to put it on the flipside; we never hear too much about indonesian's getting outraged about our relaxed punishments for cannabis (relatively speaking of course). what is ridiculous requires context.

anyhow, in the interests of allowing corby the opportunity to return a normal life I'll do my bit and stop commenting.

MRsinglefin's picture
MRsinglefin's picture
MRsinglefin Friday, 26 May 2017 at 8:03am

Profiting from Conviction / Proceeds from Crime Act (2002) will once again come into play.

In 2009 Pan Macmillan paid $$$$$$$$ to Corby family for the book "My Story"

$120, 000 was seized by Director of Public Prosecutions. $267,750 went to a Indo A/c in the name of her brother in law. (ABC report today)

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Friday, 26 May 2017 at 9:43am

I'm with you happy she's done her time 100 times over by Australian standards so we should let her be. Hopefully the press does the same after a week or two.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 26 May 2017 at 10:15am

Her sisters bitch fight with Trudy Todd might make it a bit harder to keep a low profile tho

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 26 May 2017 at 11:01am

Ol Mama Corbys calling a 3 day party at her joint for Schapelle.......downtown Logan.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Friday, 26 May 2017 at 2:22pm

Im going ,party party and get to rub shoulders with a few celebrities ,take my book and get Shaps to sign it...then on the way out sell it to channel 9.....i wonder if Trudies going mmm.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 26 May 2017 at 3:28pm

I would have no problem selling someone out to channel 9 for financial gain.., I have a face that needs pixelating and I quite like the idea of having my voice changed to sound like Barry White with a hangover.
Cant see the media easing up anytime soon .
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4526556/Schapelle-Corby-Cassie-Sainsbur...

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Friday, 26 May 2017 at 3:42pm

She may as well go full retard and do the reality tv circuit. Im-a-celeb-get-me-outta-here, dancing with the stars, big brother etc etc and give the tabloids what they're after

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Friday, 26 May 2017 at 3:44pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 May 2017 at 3:59pm

Intersting that she didn't turn up to report to police the other day, her excuse is the media were outside her house.

Maybe in a way she doesn't want to come home now? , she is going to have to face even more here, she is forever going to be a centre of attention wherever she goes, asked questions, hassled or judged imagine how many times people are going to ask her, So did you do it?.

She also has a long term Indo boyfriend and two dogs apparently, and he probably can't get a visa to australia as has a serious criminal record.

Sadly though if she wants to stay in Indonesia she can't and most likely will be blacklisted for a period or even life.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 26 May 2017 at 8:24pm

She should consider herself lucky that she didnt return home on the same plane as Chan and Sukumaran. I really cant see her getting a visa again .
So much for water under the bridge..
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/35639719/bucket-of-water-hits-journalists-as...

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Friday, 26 May 2017 at 10:31pm

Blacklisting can be negotiated.
Good luck to schapelle .
the paparaz are pathetic , hilarious antics no doubt.
Yet i would like to see the clip of the bucket of water being lobbed on paparazzi snoopster guy .

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/05/26/13/56/schapelle-corby-return...

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 2:47am

In this video it might say schapelle is only banned for 6 months from Indonesia.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 9:06am

Ha ha Clam are your trolling me I sat through that whole video it was painful the background music and that womens voice and they never said anything about how long she might be banned for.

Id expect much longer than six months, people can get years just for overstaying visa.

But hey it's Indo, sometimes things never make sense.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 9:30am

A mate of mine who lives in Bali thinks Schapelles Indo boyfriend will tell all once she has left the country
Supposedly Big $ being offered to him to reveal all he knows ....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 10:57am

Wouldn't surprise me, her sister also broke up with her Balinese husband years ago, I'm sure he would also be happy to get paid for what he knows.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 11:04am

Even though I'm perpetuating it by commenting here, I'm of the inclination they should just leave the poor girl alone.

The bettter part of a decade and arguably the best and potentially most productive time of her life spent in an Indo shit hole for a big bag of hydro (which as Blowin said will more than likely be legal in most countries within the next handful of years).

She's paid her dues and some- give the girl some peace. Be hard enough to adjust back to society without being hounded by the tabloids.

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 11:31am

Indodreaming , It seems i did hear it said and a quick Google search finds these articles . I wont watch the funky clip again but other articles support what i heard, heres a few ;

Quoted from link :
"He said Corby was banned from returning to Bali for at least six months, but official details were still unknown."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4543778/Tony-Wilson-says-Schapel...

Another news article quote :
"Ari Budijanto, the head of Ngurah Rai Immigration office, said that Corby would be banned from entering Indonesia for at least six months. Any longer ban was the authority of other criminal agencies, he said."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/schapelle-corbys-final-day-in-ba...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 1:41pm

Yeah i know media are saying that, because yes six months is the minimum ban period but she can also get banned up to life.

With all the publicity and the high profile id expect she would get a lifetime ban, it would kind of make sense like hey we don't want you ever back.

But like i said it's Indo logic often goes out the window.

"Under Indonesia’s narcotics law a foreigner who has committed a drug crime and has served their sentence and been deported can be banned from ever re-entering the country.

Agung Sampurno, the spokesman at Indonesia’s Immigration Directorate General in Jakarta, told News Corporation that a person can be banned from entering Indonesia after a drug sentence upon a recommendation from the Indonesian Police or the National Narcotic Agency or BNN.

He said once all Government agencies had been notified that Corby was being deported the police or BNN could make their ban recommendation."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/schapelle-corby-could-be-bann...

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 2:15pm

Agreed indoD , the reason i posted the articles was because it seemed incredibly strange if a long blacklisting was not given . It would be astonishing if its true that schapelle can return to bali again . I support schapelle , good luck to ms corby whatever happens .
Those rubber face masks are classic !

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 6:28pm

Looks like she is going to take the soak up the limelight route.

Got a new Instagram account viewable to the public https://www.instagram.com/schapelle.corby/

8.8k followers bet she will pass 10k by end of the weekend.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 6:52pm

I feel sorry for every ordinary traveler on that plane tonight , could be a long night, happy trails

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 7:16pm

17K insta followers already

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 7:19pm

OMG 18.5K now

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 7:33pm

23.5 now ..
And Schappeles in the car holding a bag with a pic of William Terrell on it ???

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 7:38pm

32K wow i was a bit out with my call of 10K by the end of the weekend.

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 7:45pm

Endorsed by schapelle, Earns $ on Instagram .
Schapelles on Instagram wowee the reluctant superstar ! !

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 7:53pm

Anything she earns will be taken as the proceeds of crime.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 8:02pm

Whats the deal with the Gifting Laws ?
Tell us your story and we will gift you a beach front property or whatever ?
Mr Whaaat whats the legalities of that ?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 8:19pm

In Car pics now...go Girl !

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 9:00pm

"I feel sorry for every ordinary traveler on that plane tonight , could be a long night, happy trails"

Doubt it. Apprently she's in business class and the only direct flight to Brissie that I'm aware of in the evening is Virgin landing at 0545 tomorrow. There's only 8 business class seats in that plane and I'm guessing she'll be last on and first off so most people won't even see her.

Good luck to her. She's paid her price.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 9:18pm

Sounds like youve done your research, . As far what the indo government thinks of her,,reminds me of a clip from an Ace Ventura movie , denial can be an ugly thing.

kaiser's picture
kaiser's picture
kaiser Saturday, 27 May 2017 at 10:34pm

Her face looks different, especially eyes and mouth. Bit of work done?