personal hygiene

novak's picture
novak started the topic in Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 7:51pm

So its been around 5 days since I've had a shower. Do any of you guys go a few days without showering when you're surfing once or twice a day? Is there any downside to this?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 10:13pm

I do. Yes wetty starts to stink you do too. No females want to talk to you and if you go to work, work mates don't want to lend you a hand.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 10:16pm

More info, your skin is an organ that needs to breath. Filling up all the thingies with salt is bad for you and makes you sweat.
Ever had a shower and feel really good? That's your body and skin breathing well again.

SurferFuk's picture
SurferFuk's picture
SurferFuk Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 10:39pm

You can only wipe ya arse so many times buddy!

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 10 May 2015 at 8:41am

I lived in a pair of boardies for 14 days on a indo boat trip once. No showering, just surfing, swimming, diving.. Boardies were like a sheet of cardboard by the end of it. Must admit the shower when I got back to The hotel in KL felt pretty good, but sitting here in Victoria and it's about 12 degrees raining and howling winds I'd give anything to be in those crusty boardies right now

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 10 May 2015 at 5:50pm

5 days without showering ? you filthy cunt......do you have a partner ? I doubt it..
Only acceptable if your on a camping /surf trip....otherwise your a lazy unhygienic person.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Sunday, 10 May 2015 at 6:11pm

Get your hand off it, oh righteous Udo.
If you're not getting bad odours you're alright. Most people shower too much.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/daily/tips/daily-shower-skin1.htm
http://elitedaily.com/women/in-defense-of-not-showering/915527/

Everyone is different though, so some people need to shower more than others.
Quick rinse off of the salt post surf at the beach should be enough. If you're working out on land, you'll probably want a shower though.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 10 May 2015 at 7:50pm

Hey ? I only had 5 showers a year for the last 20 yrs !

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Sunday, 10 May 2015 at 8:01pm

Hey chicks dont like cheese dicks..and nothing worse than a cheesy slit

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 10 May 2015 at 9:05pm

Hahaha a cheesy slit!!

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 11 May 2015 at 9:07am
caml wrote:

Hey ? I only had 5 showers a year for the last 20 yrs !

Mmmm, could be one of the reasons you've been on the nose lately.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Monday, 11 May 2015 at 4:34pm

didn't shower for a month many years ago when on a long camping trip, surfing everyday ...ended up with a skin staph infection around my nether region, girlfriend was convinced I had herpes and hadn't told her

I would recommend showering or at least putting on clean pants every once and a while....3 days with a 40 degree fever stuck inside a small tent with a pissed off chick is less than ideal.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Monday, 11 May 2015 at 5:09pm

As long as u surf everyday you be clean as

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Monday, 11 May 2015 at 6:44pm

I did 10 weeks in the forest at Hossegor without a shower. Surfed everyday tho so didn't stink. Hair got a bit like a steelo pad by the end of it but all good.

upnorth's picture
upnorth's picture
upnorth Monday, 11 May 2015 at 11:49pm

Due to a shortage of water 6 weeks while in Morocco is my record, apart from a quick splash here and there we just stank our way through a camping trip in 40c+ heat. Bit of chafage and heat rash but otherwise ok. End of trip hammam was sweet.

Curtisdavis's picture
Curtisdavis's picture
Curtisdavis Thursday, 21 May 2015 at 8:49pm

I have done for 2-3 days, the body stinks and also the skin becomes very itchy. Also after itching the skin becomes red and sometimes leaves the spots on it.
------------------
appareil cellulite

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Thursday, 21 May 2015 at 9:24pm

I'm pretty sure some soap in the armpits every couple of days is a minimum requirement.
"Don't wait to be told, you need...."

Some years back a work mate gave up applying soap to his hair. Showered every day, just didn't apply soap or shampoo to his hair. Went for a couple of months, he thought it was working well. His hair was a dull and stiff mat. I decided an intervention was in order. With his approval, I plucked a hair from his head, and a hair from my own hair and another from a concerned female coworker. We put the three hairs under a microfiche viewer. While our 2 hairs looked wonderfully clean and translucent, my mate's hair was entirely opaque and unpleasantly and extensively barbed. It looked like some scary tree from a gothic forest. He said, 'Oh!', looked on with some horror and has regularly shampooed since.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 22 May 2015 at 9:41am

I can go without a shower or washing for over a week but I must brush my teeth at least twice a day