Drug aware Margs'

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Monday, 6 Apr 2015 at 9:55am

My swell prediction.....

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 4:52pm

Did I just watch the worst heat of Slaters ever ?!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 4:54pm

It's fucking pumping!!!!! Semi's and final at the box on a dying ssw swell...... Seriously?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 4:55pm

as long as there aren't any toothpick snacks being made ;)

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 4:59pm

wish i was there… fucking epic! yeah kelly's first wipeout would've knocked the wind out of him. plus the constant priority tactics hassling him.full on..

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 4:59pm

Different scenario ( if slater selected a bigger board ) , he makes the drop an gets a short tube to big turn combo . THEN he's actually in position for that final Right ( the one Adriano raises hands on as he was about to get flogged on the inside ) . Could have been a SOLID barrel most of the way .

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 5:04pm

Southey.. Your call for the morning? I call bullshit compared to right now....... KP reckons chance of onshore.... It's 3pm over there..... And the offshore is still stiff.....
Anyways, Perhaps run the girls tomoz, and hold back for the 8 foot swell due wed/thurs......

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 5:18pm

WOW, can't believe not continuing to run under the solid offshore
Even after the surfers in the water are getting flogged, yet still have the energy to double fist pump claim an empty and perfect 10ft+ right hander before it mows them down.
Mains rights are pumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would much rather see that surfed than 1/3rd sized box.
KP wants them to surf box and it looks like that decision is final

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 5:48pm

Either that, or WSL are being sneeky.... No offence to the girls, but if the guys are done and dusted today, interest levels wane.... Another decent swell due Wed/thurs..... So hold the girls heats sun/Mon/Tues, keep everyone guessing, and then have mens and womens finals on the same day.... Ladies Final at 8 foot mains first up thurs' morning, then mens at the box with the 10.30am high tide.... Heaps more internet traffic, interest, and cha ching....

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 6:09pm

Yeah I think you guys are onto it .
They'll Let the girls play , and bruised boys rest .
Wednesday final men's !

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 6:13pm

Plus I wonder where the biggest internet audience is..... West coast USA???? 15 hour time difference.... 4.30 -5.00pm perth isn't exactly "prime time".......

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Saturday, 18 Apr 2015 at 6:36pm

Locals coulda scratched into a cpl of arvo bombs...
if they could get a park ;)

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 7:39am

Slaters certainly rattled by De sousa,the guys in his head and Kellys making rash decisions as in getting on a 6-1 after he broke his board,bad move that one.

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 8:26am

FINALLY, the guys doing great on rail surfing are getting the results! Great to see Adriano doing well, and getting the scores. Zoseas / WSL might hopefully start to realise they are pushing the wrong talent. Internet chatter around this seems WAY more positive than the previous two events, surfing in solid waves, on rail solid surfing is obviously WAY more entertaining, and engaging to the core audience.

Sort of begs the question, AGAIN, as to zoseas changing the whole format.

1. A local charger rattles a few of the top touring professionals ... Fuck. Why not have a few of them at each location?

2. Only a select few of the top surfers have really stepped up. So why have 30+ of them in each comp?

3. The top guys are performing hands and feet above the others. What, maybe about 16 of them?

So, it seems really simple. a Top 16 tour, local wildcards, and then run each event in the best conditions. Oh, and with none of this "second chance" rubbish. Make it like tennis, you lose, you're out. Perhaps then, they could extend each heat to say 45mins?

16 surfers, total of 15 "clashes" (i.e. heats) ... @ 45mins each clash, it's all over in 12 hours. Run in the best conditions and the entertainment factor would be HUGE. The final, pointy end of the event then being able to run in the best conditions. Eyes on the screen watching the events live would go through the roof. Sponsorship value?

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 8:31am

Oh, and then having the "other" CT level surfers out of the top 16, will push more talent back down to the lower rung 'QS events ... which again, should use the 'you lose, you're out' format, so more intense competition with better talent should equal a better entertainment product at that level too. Again, sponsorship value?

Once the $ to sponsor the "elite" top 16 tour events starts to skyrocket, sponsors will start to look at teh value of the lower level 'QS events, and so the $ will flow into that level ...

It ALL hinges on having an awesome, entertaining, product at the elite level.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 9:05am

The excuse to not continue in massive all time main break rights yesterday was "the wind MIGHT turn"......
No.... The wind didn't turn.... Even a hack sitting in tassie who has never been to W.A knew it wouldn't turn......

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60701/IDW60701.94600.shtml

novak's picture
novak's picture
novak Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 9:55am

Nervous moments ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

novak's picture
novak's picture
novak Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 9:56am

High-line wrap ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

novak's picture
novak's picture
novak Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 10:00am

Joe turpel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

novak's picture
novak's picture
novak Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 10:00am

Martin Potter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

novak's picture
novak's picture
novak Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 10:03am

Swellnet forums ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

novak's picture
novak's picture
novak Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 10:04am

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

novak's picture
novak's picture
novak Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 10:03am

Thermalben ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 10:17am

You can't have too many wildcards in a comp wingnut - the reason you are on the tour is because you are good in all types of waves, not just ya local waves. So having got on tour it's a bit unfair if you have to continually surf against wildcards who know those 1 or 2 waves backwards. We've seen that at the Box. They dropped the Pipe local contingent this year which was good I thought as those guys make a living surfing the 1 wave and given the crowd factor there how do you possibly practice when the event is not on?. Keep it as is it with 2 wildcards I reckon and have more 'Open' events (like Huntington) if you have to where anyone can enter but leave the elite tour as is. That's why its the elite tour - like golf you have to make the cut - they don't guarantee 10 spots for the locals at Augusta.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 10:35am

Can't go back in time....So unless local wind outlook for wed' improves, my call would be Thursday finals day.... Primo winds...... 6 to 8 foot maybe plus....Womens final at 8.00am main break... Mens semi's start at 9.00am.... Kp will utilize the late morning high tide for possible box semis and final.... More west in this next swell than yesterday and today....

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 10:57am

someone needs to take Joe T for a drive,oneway drive, cause hes driving me nuts with that voice.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 12:46pm

That and the adds Simba..? 4-5 different adverts in 4-5 days uummm.
Love watching the little piggie having a surf on the front of old mates board tho thats gold for sure.
Old mate could've put a deck gripe on for the little piggie, those hoofs don't really grip on resin...!
Little piggie did well.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 12:54pm
wellymon wrote:

That and the adds Simba..? 4-5 different adverts in 4-5 days uummm.
Love watching the little piggie having a surf on the front of old mates board tho thats gold for sure.
Old mate could've put a deck gripe on for the little piggie, those hoofs don't really grip on resin...!
Little piggie did well.

I've phoned the rspca..... Animal cruelty...... ;)

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 1:15pm

I think that was the best ive seen Sally surf,and her style wasnt an issue looked really good and Welly your right about the pig,pretty funny...deck grip haha.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 2:11pm

Only been watching off and on but Carissa ripping too.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 6:09pm

Carissa has an awesome combo of great flowing style and strength..

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 6:59pm

Commisioner KP charged the box today , with Jack Robinson and JJ shotgunning the same barrel
with JJ getting the intube footage while holding 30k of water camera.

Buddysback's picture
Buddysback's picture
Buddysback Thursday, 23 Apr 2015 at 10:30pm

So you reckon we'll have the semi's and final tomorrow morning? Not much happening over the weekend, so it's there last chance