My swell prediction.....

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 8:55pm

My head would explode after that

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 8:55pm

Caml right on age ,f 76 dutts got nothing at that size,good bloke but not what yr makin out,me neither.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 10:06pm

I wonder if the girls have ordered there 8 ft boards yet. So this could set the cat among the pigeons if its big the whole event,do they send the chicks out or not?

surfer1's picture
surfer1's picture
surfer1 Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 10:31pm

Well they are the worlds best Male and Female surfers so they should have to surf whatever is thrown at them whether its shitty snapper, Average bells or mackin Margies they have had plenty of time to get their gear and mind sorted.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 10:53pm

If it gets that big it will be boring as batshit to watch. Maybe some good floggings.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised but it could end up like a Waimea comp ie maybe fun to participate in but pretty much a drop and then ....zzzzzzzzz.

If I want to see a big wave world tour then I'd watch the BWWT .

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 10:54pm

Shepie yes the take off area has a x painted on it the close outs go across the bay and sometimes u have to paddle out alongside the box cos thats were the rip goes out then you paddle south back to the take off .

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 10:58pm

Yes blowin excactly . The wsl want it small becos turns man .not drops

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 11:04pm

15ft margs is more interesting than under 6ft still imo . But they arent the bwt so thats not theyre job

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 11 Apr 2015 at 11:10pm
Blowin wrote:

If it gets that big it will be boring as batshit to watch. Maybe some good floggings.

Thats the way Blowin, bit of Anzac spirit!
Floggings!
Did I say cri....c.......k.........e...............t ;)

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 7:46am

how will the "new wave" of "hot young Brazilians" handle big MR?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 9:32am

probably a lot better than the "new wave" of Australians!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 10:17am

Brutus, any rush orders for pro guns from you or other shapers you know of this past week ?

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 10:49am

I hope they stay at mainbreak
If they do move, rather they went up to Inj/supers, could always do with more people in the water up the northern end

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 1:42pm
brutus wrote:

probably a lot better than the "new wave" of Australians!

Why??

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 2:34pm

Surfline has a feature on margarets for the comp & they try to explain the waves features & they mention the waves hollower if the rivers flowing . Thats inside info , i better be careful with the secret tips, those guys must be reading our thread here on SN . Pity the river only flows thru winter / spring so theyll never see it suck eggs autumn warriors

staitey's picture
staitey's picture
staitey Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 3:01pm

I may have missed it but has anyone mentioned considering surfing North Point??

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 3:16pm

Yes northies if I'm not mistaken. Prefers se to sth

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 3:20pm

I only surfed there once. 6ft to sometimes ten ft on that huge swell last year. I'm not sure who, could have been Matt Percy or Hayden, someone really good, backdoored the deeper peak on a biig bomb slotted the whole way through draining end bowl.best right pit I've seen in a wave that big.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 3:21pm

Yayden not Hayden

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 3:37pm

My goodness Matt Percy was a body boarder of some note in his east coast days.

mick-free's picture
mick-free's picture
mick-free Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 3:59pm

That's classic no more inside info Camel!

That forecast is as good as it gets and they could run the comp in the first 4 days, all men's and then the women's when it drops the following week. There must be some care sending out the girls after Coco Ho's mishap with the surgeon's table last year.

Be some great free surfing going down too. Wonder if Kelly will still ride a 5'9. Surely he must have something in the wings with Tomo now that he has bought into the company. Got the feeling he wanted to unleash it on the gold coast but never got the chance.

Faunt Leroy's picture
Faunt Leroy's picture
Faunt Leroy Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 5:56pm

Taj has said on a Web site its one of the best weather Patterns he's seen for Nth. (He clearly has no idea)
Its going to be right on the borderline of only just freighting.
Him and his other Yalls mate Jake Patterson are frothing the pro's up for North Point. Most of the crew I have chatted to think its right on the borderline.
The organizers are under serious pressure to move it from the pro's, even though they have no infrastructure there. (pretty fkn arrogant I reckon - the amount of damage they would do to an already fragile environment after the recent fire would be quite substantial)
Pretty sure the shire and the govt will bar them due to the amount of infrastructure they have just spent at margs carpark.
My thoughts? Hold it at big Margs - the best comp there has ever been was the one that Curren rode the wave through to river mouth...Poto was pretty special that day also.)
it was simply incredible that day - even though Norths was on....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 5:57pm

I saw that Caml and thought the exact same thing. Poaching your advice via Swellnet.

Ben Mondy I think. Sneaky bugger.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 6:28pm

/

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 6:33pm

Has the swell forecast changed ?
One site is only calling for a 3m swell on 15 seconds, Saturday pulse even swinging to a SSW direction.
Would be lucky to be a few on the NP ledge let alone bay wash throughs and true freight trainers on that forecast.
I remember that swell in Jan 2011 posted earlier, surfed a beachy before the swell booted in around 7am, really south if not dead south swell direction, combined with summer low tides wasn't sure if I was watching mainbreak or a slower version of tombies coming in from southsides, was a few real genuine kegs coming through that particular day.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 6:47pm

Still moving around a bit Leroy, but def not washthroughs, and it's always been SSW, so won't fully get into some spots.

Probably more looking at a similar size to what's expected Wednesday arvo through Friday morning with the odd bigger bomb with that that larger period.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 6:49pm

And very sneaky regarding Camels info, def keeping an eye on the comments here!

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 6:51pm
evosurfer wrote:

My goodness Matt Percy was a body boarder of some note in his east coast days.

As do many cronulla surfers he rode both s bodyboard and surfboard but later stuck to standing.

Just a good all round charger Matt, lived right near nth point but now further se coast as far as I know.

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 7:06pm
Craig wrote:

Still moving around a bit Leroy, but def not washthroughs, and it's always been SSW, so won't fully get into some spots.

Probably more looking at a similar size to what's expected Wednesday arvo through Friday morning with the odd bigger bomb with that that larger period.

Cheers
Perfect for solid mains and light winds. Going to be a paddle hard or go home type of event

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 11:15pm
caml wrote:

Surfline has a feature on margarets for the comp & they try to explain the waves features & they mention the waves hollower if the rivers flowing . Thats inside info , i better be careful with the secret tips, those guys must be reading our thread here on SN . Pity the river only flows thru winter / spring so theyll never see it suck eggs autumn warriors

caml , I feel half responsible . If anyone pays you out blame me and that I was pestering you .
( although I might add that I did applaud when you weren't as forthcoming on your first post ) .
As for northies , I shudder at the thought of how many Brazo's would be watching the broadcast or
the highlights . Yeah I know , but it was 15-20 years ago when the mags and maybe one or two video's
Sold out the freight training , wash through days that had even Hawaiins flying in for it to turn on .
Anyway who's dominating there lately , it's always been a fair pecking order . I would have to think even as a " visitor " that Shrek would have to be up there , Yadin and Tom , is Rohan still on the scene , amongst many along with the devoted GT'ing guys .
[ EDIT] fuck I forgot Crossy ....
I hear Smarties interstate , who are the new crazy/madmen that are leading the way , I know a few guys who would like to say it's them , but there must be a few youngins out cutting their teeth . Shaun , Jacob , Jack ??????

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 9:58pm

Ben mondy poach ! That sux comp at nths , fucken natural footers ,mains will be fair play. The direction & period is borderline small freightys true . Hands off nth pt fuckers. No prob southey its ok.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 10:02pm
southey wrote:
caml wrote:

caml , I feel half responsible . If anyone pays you out blame me and that I was pestering you .
( although I might add that I did applaud when you weren't as forthcoming on your first post ) .
As for northies , I shudder at the thought of how many Brazo's would be watching the broadcast or
the highlights . Yeah I know , but it was 15-20 years ago when the mags and maybe one or two video's
Sold out the freight training , wash through days that had even Hawaiins flying in for it to turn on .
Anyway who's dominating there lately , it's always been a fair pecking order . I would have to think even as a " visitor " that Shrek would have to be up there , Yadin and Tom , is Rohan still on the scene , amongst many along with the devoted GT'ing guys . I hear Smarties interstate , who are the new crazy/madmen that are leading the way , I know a few guys who would like to say it's them , but there must a few youngins out cutting their teeth . Shaun , Jacob , Jack ??????

C'mon Southey surely there is.
Papas have a new age of chargers, young blokes paddling hard;)

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 10:20pm

I'm talking of Northies Welly . It's hardly a " big " wave spot ... More so a solid freight train barrel .
Back to Main break . From an outsider looking in , I would have said that even without the river actually flowing ( broken bank) that higher water inside the river mouth would seep through the sand to create some effect on the wave in bigger swells . ( they just had 60-70 mm the other day throughout the region , but on the back a drier period ) . Regardless of that , the " said " swell direction would naturally push the surface water to have the same mini ( beach break /rip effect ) , combined with a NE wind to help limit swell wrapping in to close it out , and or hold up the lip until it really hits the reef hard .

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 10:53pm

As always vey cryptic again which I do enjoy:)
All good Southey, was just interested as there must be young chargers down that ways in the deep south of WA,
Or just all the old boys still charging....?
Interesting isn't it....?????

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Monday, 13 Apr 2015 at 3:58am

The margaret river doesnt flow sweet f a for many more months . Like i said it really is for winter warriors . It needs to be flowin hard to have an effect . Its rare & only those who know will ever know .

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 13 Apr 2015 at 11:07am

The swell would have to be pegged back a foot or 2 now, surely..... Still big, but 15 foot?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 13 Apr 2015 at 11:08am

Forecast coming soon Sheepy, yeah nowhere near.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 13 Apr 2015 at 11:12am

I just hope caml is repainting the X.....

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 13 Apr 2015 at 11:34am

Here's our thoughts: Drug Aware Pro Forecast

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 13 Apr 2015 at 12:16pm

Now it's not "he man" huge ocean conditions, it brings everyone into play.... At 12 to 15', I was gonna say Freddy, or maybe CJ.... Freddy is a pretty good Sunset beach peformer... Cj has old sea dog experience......Now at 6 to 10', hmmmm......

thomas11's picture
thomas11's picture
thomas11 Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 2:18pm

Whats the WSL's policy in suring comps in some of the most Sharky water in Aus?????
Do they take an preventitive measures, spotters in the area ect....
Same as J-Bay, is it just luck nothing has happened yet?
Wasnt there a comp in J-Bay a few years ago when Taj came in mid heat because he thought he saw a big Noah?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 2:34pm

Dunno, Thomas..... But it'll happen one day, maybe surfing, maybe lifesaving comp, or triathlon..... And won't the shit hit the fan.....
Anyways, such is life..... Looking forward to some grunty pro surfing and not flip flop flap...... Of course I have to drive to Hobart in the morning...... :/

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 2:47pm

Gotta be keen to do the Rottnest swim.....fuck that.

thomas11's picture
thomas11's picture
thomas11 Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 3:40pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Dunno, Thomas..... But it'll happen one day, maybe surfing, maybe lifesaving comp, or triathlon..... And won't the shit hit the fan.....
Anyways, such is life..... Looking forward to some grunty pro surfing and not flip flop flap...... Of course I have to drive to Hobart in the morning...... :/

Guess its only a matter of time most likely, will be pretty big news and imagine the political response from all walks of life.
The shark cull debate will go through the roof when a semi famous person gets done.

Anyway back to the surfing, I hope they have a few heats maybe a whole round or 2 at the box, I wanna see some of the pro's go over the falls with the lip.
If they could incorporate big Margs and solid box would make a contest as it would require totally different skill sets to win the comp.
My only small worry is that if Margs is as big as it could get, it might come down to who gets the biggest wave, which might come down to priority and in the right place at the right time.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 4:25pm

"My only small worry is that if Margs is as big as it could get, it might come down to who gets the biggest wave, which might come down to priority and in the right place at the right time."

Yeah, well that's surfing mate..... That's how it is.... I've seen guys shoot 65 in the morning round of a golf tournament on day 4 and win the bloody event!!! The morning conditions were perfect... Hardly any wind....The guy teed off early, cos he wasn't in the lead.... The leaders teed off in the afternoon... But the wind blew up - gusty 20 to 30 k change at lunch.......... So the guy who played the previous 3 days 4 shots worse than the leaders was rewarded with the best conditions, and won the overall tournament......

Such is life......
But Thomo', I hope they hold the whole comp at Margs..... BIIIIG Margs lol....

thomas11's picture
thomas11's picture
thomas11 Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 6:40pm
Sheepdog wrote:

"My only small worry is that if Margs is as big as it could get, it might come down to who gets the biggest wave, which might come down to priority and in the right place at the right time."

Yeah, well that's surfing mate..... That's how it is.... I've seen guys shoot 65 in the morning round of a golf tournament on day 4 and win the bloody event!!! The morning conditions were perfect... Hardly any wind....The guy teed off early, cos he wasn't in the lead.... The leaders teed off in the afternoon... But the wind blew up - gusty 20 to 30 k change at lunch.......... So the guy who played the previous 3 days 4 shots worse than the leaders was rewarded with the best conditions, and won the overall tournament......

Such is life......

I want a little taste of the box at least :)

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 8:08pm

Golf??thats a cunt of a sport

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 8:49pm
norchock wrote:

Golf??thats a cunt of a sport

Sure...?
There are some beautiful pussies that play the sport nocock;)

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 9:07pm
thomas11 wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

Such is life......

I want a little taste of the box at least :)

No you don't .
The forecast is a little too hairy !

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015 at 9:39pm

Ha

Razor....! Southey...