I heart WOTD

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Wednesday, 30 Jul 2014 at 8:07am

The wave of the day does it for me big time. Nice work Steen Barnes , Shaun Anderson and Swellnet.
In one photo you've encompassed everything nice about surfing. If I was a wanker I'd say that it was perfect except for the fact he is in a wetsuit. Which it is , it's perfect .....except for the fact he's in a wetsuit.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 12:54pm
thermalben wrote:

C'mon Southey, don't avoid my question. 

If a photo of a wave resembles another location that is sensitive, does that mean that we can't run that photo?

Ben ive seen photos of sensitive locations plenty of times on WOtd lol !

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 1:36pm

Gents, many of us have ridden waves that were once 'secret' but now in the public domain of location, conditions, how to get there and optimum swell. Sure we love to surf uncrowded conditions but the game has changed. There is an element of greed when one wants the wave to oneself and not tell. It's the search that makes up half the buzz.
Can't see how Southey has to apologise at all, nor SN nor anyone else who may know where the photo was taken.
All will be revealed at some time.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 1:54pm
Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu wrote:
southey wrote:

Stu & Ben
I'm not convinced , it's not a sensitive spot . The fact you didn't give any hints to its region says to me that you recognise this . And also knew what a great image it is . ( commercially ) We'll leave any more talk of said wave at that .
But in saying that , what I think doesn't count and only you and Stu can do what you want .
I and others don't have to like it , and we sure as hell don't have to be belittled for questioning it . ( Stu )
For some reason I get the feeling that you and Craig understand my stance being from SA . But Stu refuses to grasp the concept . And .
That either means that you guys are wary of blowback in your home state , or Stu couldn't care less as he doesn't have to face as many family and fiends that could be opposed in his view ?
Or I'm just a troll that deserves to be put in his place ?!?
Maybe I'm jealous , but I'm not alone as even some perpetually barrelled missed out .

I can tell everyone quite clearly that Instagram and the people going nuts on it be it shameless self promotion or literal income /revenue raising are walking on thin ice . I'm not anti Instagram , and clearly not anti you guys . I do participate in both , and I do enjoy the arty side of IG .

Your a hater southy a hater.

What can I say .... " Haters gotta Hate " hahaha

Someone's gotta be the bad guy . Haters keep the easily lead in line .

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 1:58pm
southey wrote:

I also needed to add . Just like FB , IG .... I don't understand why words of any descriptive kind have to accompany images . If it's pure imagery art then the photo can speak for itself . I just thought why bother make WOTD different . Oh and camel nailed what I've privately now discussed with Ben and Stu .
Thanks for indulging me . I think I also need a holiday from here .

Because they would just be images, that photo was nothing special, it was the fact that it was close to someones home instead of overseas, nine out of ten pics for wave of the day are quite average so it has to spiced up a bit.
I actually originally misread it and thought it was 'An Indonesian imitation of southern Australia" and thought yeah, cloudy sky, wobbly swell, good wave but not perfect as usual.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 2:15pm

Yeah because people wear wetsuits at Indo rights gotcha .
Personal favourites are " the green mile " you know those captions for the sake of caption .
Or , yeah " every bitch has these days, or something to do with dog dats are gone "?!? etc .
Geographical descriptions are pointless and unimaginative .
I think this shot couldn't best been said as ( if at all ) as " you going mate ?! " etiquette, decorum , the kind of convo's had amongst gents enjoying such pleasures .

Quiver's picture
Quiver's picture
Quiver Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 3:07pm

All of the guys posting on here that have surfed that wave, did so because the guys that first did, way before them, shared it. Plenty of good people from all over have been taken there, to surf in a friendly atmosphere. Heaps of trips are fruitless, and sharks put plenty off. It was photographed tons, put in magazines. A lot of the contemporary drama is from the new local guys that were shown it, who now claim it, and even hassle the aging, once charging pioneers. Or from guys that aren't even from there and who aren't even surfing it. Towing did change things dramatically too.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 3:27pm

Not discussing the place , you too have mistaken it for .
But some places people find of their own accord , not just like you said where the pioneers showed it /told others . And that's cool , it's still a private transaction .
I'm sure there are many places that keep getting " discovered " . And that's a beautiful thing .
Funny thing is when people name them different spots , and when in a convo bring them up not at first realizing they speak of he sand spot . Even funnier when you overhear this private chatter and just smile and sound like you don't know what hey are talking about . !

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 3:32pm

Its not that wave

Quiver's picture
Quiver's picture
Quiver Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 3:54pm

Which wave?

Quiver's picture
Quiver's picture
Quiver Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 3:55pm

Was that you two paddling?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 3:58pm

I had an unreal surf today .

3 1/2 hours of swimming pool beachie joy.

Sand stacked up off the "point" with a clean 4 foot of swell rolling through.

The early offshore had me shaking like Elvis Presley but I warmed up nicely as the wind died and the sun shone and shone.

A dozen out at first , that died to a few then the tourists showed up....

A happy association of frothing travellers from all walks that were making their way up the coast, stumbling on our little slice of heaven as one of their number grew up a few towns away .

Beards, twinnies and big smiles for the fellas. Long sun bleached hair and bikinis for the chicks.

They were having a fat time, hooting each other ......as they hassled the fuck out of everyone else n the line up.

Fortunately , one of the local " legends " so called as he is actually a sad , small minded,territorial fucktard - hit critical mass through over stimulation and started shouting and threatening people as his eyes bulged out of his head.

Hilarious and effective .

The Hippy travellers left quicker than you can say -" Who spoiled the vibe , man ?" and the local " legend " went back to whining about the world and making his friends feel entirely uncomfortable with his bitter, sniping comments at their expense .

All this as Huey piled on the charm and showed just how amazing the world can get when you're floating around in a beautiful ocean , free as a bird , waiting for glassy swells to roll in so you can play like the most carefree of children.

Hippy fucks vs Inbred weirdos.

At no extra cost !

Reminded me of the time a psycho aggressive Balinese monkey stole the sunnies off my head and was making for the trees till an evil , scabrous Bali mongrel dog grabbed it in its putrid jaws and shook fuck out of it.

It was like being saved from Godzilla by the Tyranosaurous out of Jurassic park.

Good times.

Quiver's picture
Quiver's picture
Quiver Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 3:58pm

Which one of you found it first?

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 4:20pm

Only SA shots allowed from now are Middleton and Glenelg.
Vic - bells, lorne and 13th (but nowhere east of signpost).
Wa - can have margs main, trigg and scarb.

Can't wait for the next year of sensitivity approved WOTD's

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 4:35pm

Just when I was talking about inbred weirdos from small towns.....

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 4:34pm
Quiver wrote:

I only started surfing as a late teenager. I first surfed it when I was a younger skinny kid, years later. I'm going next year, when I'll be younger and skinnier, and more ready for it. Because the first times didn't count as surfing.

I haven't been in the water there, because of reasons too complex to explain.

I only started surfing as a late teenager. I first surfed it when I was a younger skinny kid, years later. I'm going next year, when I'll be younger and skinnier, and more ready for it. Because the first times didn't count as surfing.

I haven't been in the water there, because of reasons too complex to explain.

That's twice I've said that.

Hahah I knew you wouldn't be able to keep it up for long without a little outburst..
I picked it in the Rails thread it was the one and only updawwwg.
Free leg rope or subscription for me?!?

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 4:39pm

How many bloody email addresses does this guy go through?

Quiver's picture
Quiver's picture
Quiver Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 4:52pm

Well, for fuck sake there's just ludicrous, endless ammo. Its even better than the fiascos in real life surfing, impossible as that seems.

And, by the way, cheers goofy, big words mate... everyone knows little ones don't count.

'How many bloody email addresses does this guy go through?'

Well, despite what it looks like, I'm not going through any of them. There's no fucking water running over the fucking tops of them anyway!

This might be the wrong thread, but, this relates to a few of them anyway:

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 5:02pm

Thanks shirty .
My kids loved that .....

Which one was you . I bet your loving Sth swells .

For the record , I don't care if they post photo's of my missus . As long as It can't be recognized and there ain't any feeble attempts to describe its where abouts .

Quiver's picture
Quiver's picture
Quiver Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 5:11pm

You... records... that's hilarious! How old were you when you posted that? An ageless skinny little intimidated kid?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 5:14pm
Quiver wrote:

Well, for fuck sake there's just ludicrous, endless ammo. Its even better than the fiascos in real life surfing, impossible as that seems.

And, by the way, cheers goofy, big words mate... everyone knows little ones don't count.

'How many bloody email addresses does this guy go through?'

Well, despite what it looks like, I'm not going through any of them. There's no fucking water running over the fucking tops of them anyway!

This might be the wrong thread, but, this relates to a few of them anyway:

Not as big as your biceps me old mate

Quiver's picture
Quiver's picture
Quiver Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 6:54pm

What is?

Anyway, its like water off a decks top...its not happening... it can't be... hang on, whats that noise outside, better check, back in a sec.

Shit, it was a giant drone trying to get tight, overhead video of me. The pilot fell out... he just happened to be an ex cop, private investigator.

Weird shit.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:11pm

Bring it Dick head , I hope all that martial artistry taught you to avoid lead poisoning !

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:12pm

Mick why did you change your name to quiver ?
Weard shit in the streets tonite ? Please behave and tell us more about BK

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:13pm

Fuck every time I post a comment southeys dives in front ! Now this is weaird !

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:15pm

Weird shit alert ! Bring in the moderators

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:16pm

FFS there's some dropkicks.... Anyhoo, todays pic is sweet..... Great little part of Oz....

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:24pm

Mick's been trawling the Internet looking for a shadow .
He's all worried about ex cops and some other bullshit . The real problems In front of him .
I've warned you twice , you won't see the next one !

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 at 8:27pm

When I throw swellnet into the googlator it says head office is now kingscliff. Did you guys move? Are we going to see more tweed coast wotd?

Hako o hakonde ... Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 5:58am
southey wrote:

LOL southy, I don't forensically examine surf shots, I don't even read the captions properly:))
They could have been surfers with dark skin , are you like Mickfree who only sees white people?

Hako o hakonde ... Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 8:39am

Kurt should be shot for owning a wetsuit like that!

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 11:59am
southey wrote:

LOL southy, I don't forensically examine surf shots, I don't even read the captions properly:))
They could have been surfers with dark skin , are you like Mickfree who only sees white people?

Yep .
https://www.facebook.com/nazeem.m.hussain/videos/835081256526982/

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 3:03pm

Haha funniest post so far this thread !????

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 3:11pm

Mentioning the word Skis is one of my better 'clickbaits' I think.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 at 3:47pm

Gold Southey.

Hako o hakonde ... Monday, 18 Apr 2016 at 6:39am

I don't get it?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 18 Apr 2016 at 8:08am

Okay

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 18 Apr 2016 at 9:28am

Is it my imagination but is there are dark shadow taking a right down by the paddock ?
Geez, I have got to stop watching these shark movies.

Hako o hakonde ... Monday, 18 Apr 2016 at 10:21am

What's okay?

ruckus's picture
ruckus's picture
ruckus Wednesday, 20 Apr 2016 at 9:38am

No landmarks. Brilliant. That Jetski on the other hand, know that Jetski everyday of the week. Dead giveaway to the punters. Could you photoshop it out

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 20 Apr 2016 at 11:08am

haha . ruckus
Shaun its " okay " if you don't understand .

more like NZ's mirror version of Impossibles than Kirra ;-)

Hako o hakonde ... Wednesday, 20 Apr 2016 at 11:24am
southey wrote:

haha . ruckus
Shaun its " okay " if you don't understand .

more like NZ's mirror version of Impossibles than Kirra ;-)

Understand what?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 20 Apr 2016 at 7:48pm

I don't get it?

Hako o hakonde ... Friday, 22 Apr 2016 at 6:06am
southey wrote:

I don't get it?

Finding hard to follow you southy, what don't I get?

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Monday, 25 Apr 2016 at 7:54am

WOTD....perfect.....Lest we forget...this photo sums up how lucky we are to live the life we have....

Hako o hakonde ... Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 7:31am

With only up to 50 out, what is a crowd then?

dewhurst's picture
dewhurst's picture
dewhurst Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 8:36am

Today? Where is it?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 9:03am

C'mon Dewy, why would we name locations?

Hako o hakonde ... Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 9:23am

Well it's no big secret Ben if there were 50 out, Indented Heads.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 3:26pm

Wherever that is 2Dogs, it's just nuts. What beautiful walls.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 5:37pm

Pretty crazy to be able to get a shot of a set of 3 waves lined up with no one on them.
Where was ol' mate that sits out to sea and waits for an hr for it to come through?