Best Uplift sledges here!

wcgland's picture
wcgland started the topic in Friday, 14 Jun 2013 at 4:17pm

Uplifts head is so big...it gets picked up on satellite radar.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 2:48pm

Si Senor Godfather.

Leave the gun, take the Canoli.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 2:39pm

Sheep dawg ,

Its no use ...
Nothing is " Elite " , unless you have an excuse to use a gym for half a week every week , looking at yourself in the mirror and fallating each other in the communal showers each day.
Isn't that right Upppity .
Unless you can find time to do this week in week out ..Then your sport is not "ELITE" ....
"Captain America " told me so ......

Apparently the more simple and easy your sport is the more money you make , as there are more world wide participants , who will pay money or create a big enough audiance to demand high salaries ....
Golf , Tennis , Soccer " international " and then those " Universal " american sports ( that no-one outside of Bumfuk Idaho gives a flog about ) NFL , Baseball , Basketball , Indi Car , and Nascar .... throw in bootskootin for good measure ...

Anyway back to the " Charles Atlas , Memoirs " ....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 3:18pm

Sheepdog asks uplift -"'Does spending from the age of 7 to let's say 16 learning the ways of the ocean, duckdiving, weight transfer from ball to heel count as "self trained", or "untrained"?"

Uplift answers - "EXACTLY, like all kids do in the sport of their choice"

Sir Uplift; You are hereby charged with deceiving the senate on at least two occasions, having specifically said "untrained" in posts on the 26/2/14 and 27/2/14, and now ackowledging above mentioned kids to be "self trained". A deliberate misleading of parliament ,Sir Lift . And there was no argument from senator dog that the above mentioned children were in any way "elite athletes", and you should withdraw any form of accusation towards the senator...... ;)

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 4:18pm

'Nothing is " Elite " , unless you have an excuse to use a gym for half a week every week'

Like all those other stinky, elite athletes do.

'Sheepdog asks uplift -"'Does spending from the age of 7 to let's say 16 learning the ways of the ocean, duckdiving, weight transfer from ball to heel count as "self trained", or "untrained"?"'

When kids make the transition to elite athlete, that's when they learn what it really means to train. The gap is enormous.

Here's the status quo in the NFL as an example.

'The transition from college to the NFL is not an easy step. Fantastic players in college don't just become superstars in the NFL. Many struggle to even perform as average players.

Take Reggie Bush, as an example. He dominated the game of college football. He was one of the greatest college running backs of all time. He was so good at college football that he knew that he could go to the NFL after his junior year and probably succeed. But guess what happened?

He didn't succeed. Not right away. There was a point, halfway through his first season, where he ranked last in the NFL in yards per carry. And this is one of the greatest college players of all time!

Quarterback Matt Leinart is another example. He won the Heisman Trophy and a national championship with USC. But he doesn't even have a starting job in the NFL right now. He lost his starting job on the Arizona Cardinals, and this was before they were one of the best teams in the NFL.

Now take your worst NFL team. The Detroit Lions hold that honor this year. Every man on their roster has played college football before. Every man on their roster could go back to the game of college football and dominate. They could probably set records.'

Remember the name 'Uplift' dawg. One day surfers will train like elite athletes, if thats what they truly want to be. Then, they will actually be elite, and the public will buy that they are. Little, untrained kids will be no problem. Remember that name, big 'lifty'.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 5:03pm

"When kids make the transition to elite athlete, that's when they learn what it really means to train. The gap is enormous."
I tell ya what , lifter, I'll make my posts shorter so you can take one point in at a time; hehehe;

"And there was no argument from senator dog that the above mentioned children were in any way "elite athletes". Yes, tongue in cheek, but surely a man of your intellect could decipher... In laymans terms, it meant that sheepdog couldn't give a flying fuck about kids who think they are elite, and that sheepdog couldn't give a flying fuck about the future of pro surfing, training, or comparing a multi billion dollar yankee football scene to a novelty "sport"...
So, Mr lift, if you are using our discussion as a default setting to push your ideology onto others, others you have been arguing with in regards to this matter that has got up your goose, I am more than happy to be the Bert Newton alongside your Don Lane. But when you want to have more than a 1 dimensional discussion on how surfing is a maleable pastime, littered with numerous types of participents, please feel free to open dialogue. I'td be nice to hear your opinion on this matter, with your obvious wit.. But I've asked you now 3 times, and feel that I'll probably never get an answer.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 5:43pm

William 'the Fridge' Perry.

A magnificent example of an elite athlete physique.

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=william+the+fridge+perry&hl=ja&rlz=1T4...

sir ambrose beachfucker's picture
sir ambrose beachfucker's picture
sir ambrose bea... Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 6:44pm

BIG lifty does Westerley Windina turn you on ?

grog-an's picture
grog-an's picture
grog-an Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 8:01pm

uplift the yankee wannabe. best basketballer in Elliston, quite the achievement.
No one on here gives a fuck about NFL. No one on here cares how much a pro surfer earns compared to other sports except you. you keep bringing up the same argument over and over, but no one cares, you are arguing with yourself. It is amasing... oops.. I mean.. amusing though. so keep it up. everyone has a great laugh. hilarious.

stickyson's picture
stickyson's picture
stickyson Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 9:12pm

Hey Sheepdog doing well!! I think your wearing him down he had to drag out the old NFL examples AGAIN.
Keep barking dog keep barking

stray-gator_2's picture
stray-gator_2's picture
stray-gator_2 Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 9:35pm

Topham 'Call me Sir' Hatt.

Another magnificent trainer. Much like Upsadaisy.

http://m.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 10:20pm

See, the swellnutters all come out, one after another. I give them life. Without me, nothing.

'Why is the ASP doing this?

They told me they are basing their media model on American sports leagues.'

It's already started. Cherish this moment, remember... 'big lifty'.

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 10:45pm

Wow been away come back this thread is still alive. Fuck why so much oxygen?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Feb 2014 at 11:28pm

lucky its not " big lefty " , thats all we need : 2 generations of this bullshit .

thank fuck ' steroids " did the job ....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 28 Feb 2014 at 8:17am

The thread lives on..... My work is done here..... (sound of organ music , sheepdog dressed as "the phantom of the opera" slinks back into the undergound, laughing hysterically at his own brilliant psychotic madness . Ah.... hahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!)

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 28 Feb 2014 at 2:08pm

Another 'dawg, with his tail between his legs.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 28 Feb 2014 at 2:29pm

Ohh, stair dodger, I'm here, waiting, waiting, waiting. Not big on a bit of humour, sir lift? :)

grog-an's picture
grog-an's picture
grog-an Friday, 28 Feb 2014 at 6:22pm

no, he doesn't get jokes. doesn't have intelligence for it.