Tunes

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012 at 6:47pm

Alright, time for some discussion on what yr all listening too. My iTunes inventory is getting a little stale so I'm up for some inspiration.

Currently loving The Drones' album "Havilah".. incredible songwriting and some of the best recorded guitars and drum I've heard in a long time. I'm a little late to the party with this album but it's on high rotation at the moment and will probably stay there a while. I've seen these guys live once (Fowlers, Adelaide) and fortunately they're incredible on stage too. Can't wait to see them again.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 24 Dec 2020 at 10:51pm

Now that's what I call a Corona Xmas

Triple Gurl Power Xmas Punch...(Warning ...She Devils!)

The 2020 Song...Tessa Netting

WTF 2020...Whitney Avalon

An Honest 2020 Christmas (Help)...MALINDA

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 24 Dec 2020 at 11:28pm

Don Caron's Xmas carols (Triple Play)

The Twelve Stains of Trump's Mess

Sigh in the Night

Little Duffer Boy

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 28 Dec 2020 at 7:10pm

Keeping on the Aussie music theme, my first gig was at Launceston Uni bar, Tassie, Fridge, You Am I & Tumbleweed in 93

I was there with mates to see Tumbleweed but became a fan of all three bands that night, You Am I, had only released EP's at that stage and were actually quite heavy nothing like what they are now.

Next time i saw You Am I was about a year or two latter they had released their first album Sound as ever and had gained a decent fan base from high Triple J rotation, it was a gig at Collingwood town hall in Melbourne with Custard and another band that i didnt care much for, maybe Holycene.

Was a great set and great night, fully packed and Tim was already a rock star doing his big Pete Townshend inspired windmills and in between song banter, mosh was gong crazy too as it did in those days even remember some guy climbing some monitors/speakers and jumping from some crazy height into the mosh.

At that stage of our lives me and my best mate at the time use to try to go backstage at gigs, this gig was big and they even had bouncers stopping nobodies from going backstage, but we had discovered as long as you looked confident you could normal walk straight through.

Anyway we were probably annoying to bands doing this especially drinking beers from their riders (only ever if given from them though), and pretty cringey groupie like in hindsight but we were young and it was all new and exiting and we just didnt want the night to end and wanted to met these artist we dug the music of, plus we always just slept in our car on the street so it wasn't like we had anywhere better to go like a hotel room.

Anyway there was maybe 20 people backstage and everyone was pretty friendly drinking and chatting, i remember people sneaking off around a corner to do lines of coke which id never seen before, and i remember Wally Meanie was there as he is was at pretty much every gig in Melbourne back then and still is to this day. (or at least the gigs i ever go too)

Anyway i sat on these steps just drinking my beer alone to the side while my mate was taking to someone a few metres away.

Tim Rogers must have wanted some down time and came over my way and sat on the step next to me with an unopened bottle of red wine and a glass, i complemented him on the gig and then asked him why he was drinking wine honestly surprised as too me at that age it was something you only drank when you had no money (cheap wine was all i knew)

He then went on some spill about how great this wine was and basically said your having a glass to find out how good it is, my beer was empty and unless i could scab one from a bands rider i wasn't getting another so anything to keep the night rolling.

So i said sure, anyway he got up grabbed another glass opened the bottle and poured me the first glass, he asked what i thought, it tasted like crap to me, but i said yeah it tasted alright, anyway i probably dribbled heaps of shit to him and the rest is a bit of a blur, although i do remember rocking on with them all at either the Punters club or Evelyn.

Anyway maybe a year or two latter the next album Hi Fi Way came out there was an interview in i think Juice mag with Tim and the album apparently has a lot of references to red wine and when asked about it, Tim said he was a big fan and his post gig ritual was to drink a bottle of red wine and he is very thingo about it, and only he can can open the bottle.

I always thought it was cool i got to be part of his ritual and even got the first glass.

BTW. Tim always seems like a bit of dick on stage or TV, but atleast back then in person he seemed like a real nice guy, maybe he plays a different persona onstage or when in the spotlight.

Anyway this song IMHO is an underrated You Am I classic from that era.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 2 Jan 2021 at 7:27pm

https://m.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 8 Jan 2021 at 6:44pm

It's always a good time for...

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Friday, 8 Jan 2021 at 6:54pm

That's a good story indo. Are you from TAS originally? Maybe we know each other. Hmm...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 8 Jan 2021 at 9:25pm

Cool story Indo.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 8 Jan 2021 at 10:43pm

good one info

upnorth's picture
upnorth's picture
upnorth Friday, 8 Jan 2021 at 11:13pm

Protect your energy

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 8 Jan 2021 at 11:38pm

Shit ,, is that the time ? ..

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 7:12am

Indo, that early heavier music from You Am I is good stuff. Saw them at possibly one of their first gigs in Sydney at the Annandale. Gig was sold out but we sketched the stamp they were giving for pass outs using a blue pen and scammed our way in. Great night!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 8:41am

Thanks guys.

@Hiccups no only lived there for about four years, but a lot my good friends are from there, i was up the NW coast but i do know lots of guys from Hobart and a few from the East coast.

I don't think we know each other as no X Tassie surfers i know live in Melb, but I'm sure we would have mutual Tassie friends.

@Distracted
Below is a real early pretty raw live video, but for me i dont really think the songs on the first 2 EP's are that good i think the 3rd EP can't get started is where they really got their stuff together and then the next EP "corporlia" is one of their best releases as good as Sound as ever

Heres is a song from third EP cant get started

And one from fourth EP Corporlia

And very early raw stuff

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 9:01am

Well there ya go. I'm pretty sure I know who you are. M?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 9:55am

Good tale Indo.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 12:33pm

@ hmmm yes does start with M= Mick and i went to Hellyer.

Only person that i can think of that lives in Melb that's is very left leaning from NW coast names starts with J from Burnie.

Which would make sense as was a big music fan too.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 3:41pm

A nice chill out tune for a sunny Saturday.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 6:06pm

Well indo. I do know who you are, but I ain't J.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 7:43pm

You went to Hellyer yeah?

Okay one of these.

A. From Penguin had a kombi and a cute GF smoked lots of pot
B. From Penguin didn't have a kombi but hung out with the guy above smoked lots of pot
C Hung out at the local surf shop so much they gave you a job and you became manager
D From somerset i think last time i met you you had a Kombi and we had a joint together in it.
E Above was your brother and you smoked more pot than anyone.
F Had a nick name after a bird and spun a few yarns but still a good guy
G You didnt surf but skated the local ramp like a maniac especially drunk or stoned.
E. Quite but nice guy that was a sparky with a little 4WD
F You rode a lid and had a nick name after a Disney character also smoked a lot of pot.
G. Long hair laut who use to be my partner in crime hunting down pot crops to rip off.

God I'm sure there is more guys that might live in Melb now that im not in contact with

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 8:03pm

Anyway another music related story, i have a few but this is one of my favs but only loosely music based and i swear its a true story.

It was 1996 i was living and working out western Sydney for my parents who had moved there and started a fibre optics business, it sucked living out there as id always lived a few minutes from the beach, but i just put my head down and worked and tryed not to spend any money with the idea id save as much as i could to go to Indo as long as i could the upcoming winter, so to save i limited myself to only one trip to the coast a month down to Stanwell park to see mates who lived there and get a wave and go out in the Gong (mostly to see a band at North Gong hotel, stuff like Thumblock, Fugg, Thumper also remember seeing the Melniks once.

Anyway this weekend was different id seen a free gig advertised in the local street mag, not bands i was really into but it was free, it was called Grungefest and at some park near the city, bands were Bush from UK, Bloodhound gang & Veruca salt from USA & Grinspoon and a few other crappy bands.

I caught the train in and watched a band for a bit but i was alone and straight so i needed a few beers, so decided id go to a pub for a few then come back.

I found a pub not far away with a beer garden and it was busy with crew and a cool backpacker type vibe, i sat at this big wooden picnic table alone but almost instantly two other guys joined me.

They ended up being cool friendly guys that had just got back from Mexico and so yes they were into tequila and introduced me to tequila, anyway straight after the first shot two girls sat down at the table who were also cool and friendly and easy on the eye.

We all started going rounds of shots and I remember after a few the girl opposite me pulled out some chapstick stuff and started putting it on, i must have been pissed by this stage as did one of the most corny things ive done and asked if i could have some, she said yeah and she went to pass me the stick, but instead i lent across the table and kissed her just a peck (ha ha yeah i know, hey i was young)

Anyway she took it pretty good more a laugh than anything, few drinks latter the guys went and we went back and caught the last band or two.

They were then going to some place to continue drinking in Manly and asked if i wanted to come, so we caught some taxi there some modern bistro type pub, by this stage i was pretty drunk i can still remember it but i just felt so tired and was virtually falling asleep at the table, i didnt really have any plans on where to sleep and the girl id kissed said if you are tired you can crash at my place. (i don't even think it was that late)

Offcourse i was thinking i was going to get lucky ad she was going to come with me, but instead she drew me a map on a beer coaster to her house gave me her house keys and said if you see my flatmate just tell her your a friend of mine and crashing in my bed, so i took the keys and map and went looking for her house a few blocks away, somehow i found it and got inside, no one seemed to be home and i found her room.

Anyway her room was a mess but she had the biggest CD collection id ever seen maybe a thousand CD's or more.

Anyway i remember sitting there thinking how bizarre it all was but still thinking i might get laid, anyway the next thing i know im waking up in her bed and it's daylight.

But i was still alone, so where was she?

So i snuck out down the hall and there she is asleep on the couch with some guy, so i went back to her bed thinking fuck what do i do?, I cant just sneak out after all she has done for me, but i just wanted to get out of there, anyway i went back to sleep and a few hours latter she comes in all happy like oh so stoked you found my place etc

And im like thank you so much and then asked who that guy out there is and she is like oh thats my boyfriend, which did freak me out a bit, thinking how he would react to me, some guy in his GF bed.

Anyway he ended up being cool and super friendly they ended up giving me breakfast and i even had a shower and then they even took me to the ferry and i caught a ferry back over to near the city and i finally found a train home. (after a quick nap in the park where i woke up sunburnt and still hungover)

So yeah it was a bizarre experience, and the next year i did end up bumping into her and the boyfriend at Livid festival in QLD, i think from memory she told me she worked for mushroom records.

Anyway this was really the only band on the festival i wanted to see, i vaguely remember a few songs but i think they had technical issues.

Seether would be the obvious choice, but i always liked this song better.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 8:18pm

There's some good people out there Indo!
Not a music story but reminds of this time in the Alpes-Maritimes in south east France.
Went for a drive in the mountains in December and pulled into a tiny village just on dark.
The summer season was finished months ago and the winter season hadn't started yet so the town was basically totally closed except for one bar with about 6 guys in it.
The bartender spoke English and said that there was nowhere for me to stay but he'd try to help me out.
Ended up staying at some random fella's place, he spoke not a word of English and I knew about a dozen words of French.
Despite my protestations, he slept on the couch, I slept in his bed.
In the morning he fixed me up with a cafe au lait and sent me on my way.
Didn't even try to grope me, which I appreciated.

Legend.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 9:45pm

None of those indo, though I do recognise a few. Good old Crowie hey? Classic. I'm younger than you are. We haven't actually met as far as I know, I just put 2 and 2 together from your earlier post. No doubt this will bug the shit out of ya. It would me.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 9 Jan 2021 at 10:22pm

That would make a great thread- random stories about the kindness of strangers.

Also make a nice change from some of the stuff on here recently.

Btw. enjoyed your second story too Indo.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 7:35am

Argh im beating a Sisters beach lad either named after a bay there or the young fella that lived near the bird park.(but im sure i met him a few times)

Im going with the lad which the bay between shop entrance and half tide family name is named after, cause sorry i deleted you from my FB cause some of you stuff was way to left leaning for me and my lip was sore from bitting it :P

But dont take it personally if i ever bump into you via Tassie crew im happy to share a beer :D

Yeah Crowie was a classic havent seen him for forever when he was young he use to talk so much shit, but he was still a good guy.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 7:37am

Nice Andy, ive had a similar thing a few times in Indo,

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 8:25am

Many years ago I’d decided to return to an expensive island I’d been lucky enough to work at previously. Accomodation was limited in numbers and way out of my budget so I rang the small resort who’d billeted me during my work time to see if they could do me a deal.

A girl I was unfamiliar with answered the phone . Turns out she was one of two housekeeping girls they’d put on since I’d been there last . I told her my story and she immediately and enthusiastically said that I could stay with her and her co worker in their room. That sounded like a good deal as I was just stoked to have a place to stay on the island as you aren’t allowed to visit if you’re not staying somewhere- no camping, no caravan parks , all top end accommodation.

The thing about this island is that there is very few locals and a few dozen imported workers who are nearly all female thus leading to a massive imbalance in the numbers of men and women- Girl Island.

When I finally got there I was introduced to the two housekeepers who were the two most obviously sex depraved people I’ve just about ever met. Unfortunately they were not at all appealing to my personal taste which was quite unfortunate. I held them off on their initial demand for satisfaction ( which occurred as soon as we went to the room to drop my bags off ) and went fora surf. By the time I returned it was sunset and we starving so we hit the local bowlo for dinner.

Whilst there I met another girl who I clicked with immediately. She laughed at my plight when I told her what was going on and she said I should stay with her instead. We went to grab my boards from the room with the other girls and we both received enough stink eye to kill a brown dog.

Anyway.....stayed with this other girl for free for the rest of the trip ( she was living out there as a housekeeper at another small resort too ) , surfed my arse off and had the hell time and I’m still with that girl to this very day.

The music connection ? We started everyday with the same routine: A dawn breaker romp in the hay before she’d go to work and I’d go surfing, then we’d share breakfast together and every single day she played this song first up . I’d never been into Hendrix before but now it’s the soundtrack to everything good in the world ....

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 9:28am

Hi Zen,
Great thought about the random kindness of strangers...
In 1993, I was hitching out of Durban with a South African guy (who turned out to be a total con man- quel surprise!). We got 7 lifts and had only got about 30km south of Durban to Amzimtoti (I think) standing on the edge of the motorway, starting to get really worried, as the sun had set and there had been a number of reported murders in the area.
Fortunately these two rough looking dudes pulled up in a bakkie and told us to hop in, they could not believe we were actually hitch-hiking. Both were swigging on a bottle of wine as we charged down the motorway and they eventually took us to a backpackers (?Port Shepstone or thereabouts) which was deserted and in a totally dodgy area.
They decided we couldn't stay there, so invited us back to their house, where Mumma cooked up a storm, gave us a comfy bed for the night and a huge breakfast in the morning. Then dropped us at the bus station to continue on a rather adventure filled trip.
Who knows what would have happened to us if they hadn't pulled over to pick us up!!
Good memories and good people.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 4:20pm

Years ago I worked as a travelling insurance salesman selling policies throughout the rural areas of Queensland. One night in the pouring rain I started to have car trouble and broke down on some way out back road. Reluctantly I got out and started walking hoping to hitch a ride to get some help. After a couple of soaking k's I saw a light through the pouring rain and assumed it was a farmhouse. I squelched my way towards the little rundown place and knocked on the door, A moment later the door opened and I was greeted by an old man with a friendly handshake and a smile warmer than the fire that crackled away behind him. He was a bit shocked to see someone at his door at night and especially in such poor weather but he invited me inside and grabbed me a towel.

I explained my situation and he said he could help but there wasn't much that could be done until morning. He said that I could stay the night but as they were so poor, I would have to share a bed with his two seventeen year old sons.

I got up and thanked him for his kindness, I walked back to the front door. He asked me where I was going? As I walked back into the maelstrom I said thanks anyway but I think I'm in the wrong joke.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 2:14pm

HaHa : )

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 2:59pm

None of them indo

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 2:59pm

None of them indo

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 4:19pm

Ha ha god i have no idea must be a friend of a friend from east of Burnie then down Penguin or Devonport area maybe through guys i know from that area that i met up the Gold Coast.

I was certain it was Hutchy

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 4:22pm

Cool that there was a happy ending to your story Blowin.

@ Zen Ha ha :D

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 10 Jan 2021 at 6:57pm

Good yarn Blowin, made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Maybe I should have persevered with the Frenchman.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 6:55pm

Fuck-a-duck.

"That one time at band camp..."

And Info's a dope ripper! Of course! Lowest of the low. Surprise!

1st gig in 93??

Hahahahahahahaha. After all that 'expert' opinion'?!?!?!?!

KOOK!

Anyway, back to the thread topic...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:11pm

"1st gig in 93??"

Actually technically not the first gig, quite a few other crappy gigs as a kid that parents dragged us too or maybe we wanted to go too, Myers music bowl type stuff, i think i even got taken to maybe the village people.

And also local bands at parties before i was 18 and also some pretty crazy parties too as a few mates dads in Tassie were bikies so big parties on big bush blocks with stage and bands and crazy bikies and all kinds of crazy shit happening.

But im talking first proper gig as an 18year old at a licensed venue were you are going to see a band that you really dig.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:13pm

BTW.Hiccups i think i know you are a mate of Wilsons.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:14pm

"That one time at band camp..."

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:21pm

Come on Facto dont be scared tell us a band camp yarn.

Why not make 2021 the year where you let your guard down?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:29pm

Don't be scared?? What happened to don't be a dweeb and regale us with slop? Hang on, forgot...this is Swolenut!

Anyway, tell us how your dope ripping went?

Kool bananas.

Got any more z grade 90s stoner rock to share while you're there?

Fuck, what a generation!

Forget the 'boomers'. Howzabout these Scummo loving freeks?!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 8:02pm

Here’s a song everyone can sing along to ( faux well ‘ard shit rap doesn’t quite constitute actual music does it ? ) :

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/online-trolls-on-notice-as-gover...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:48pm

There's nowt queer as folk, bloke.

Ever read Chuck Palahniuk's Choke, bloke?

Manicured ten tonnes of smoke, bloke?

Lemme guess, constantly in fright you woke, bloke?

Shit-paper.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:48pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:57pm
factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 7:59pm

Threatened violence online when smoking coke, bloke?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 8:01pm

That’ll be the off grid place at Streaky gone bloke

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/online-trolls-on-notice-as-gover...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 8:12pm

Anyway another band camp story, this one isn't really exiting but still.

Again early 90s 94 actually, me and a mate got inspired to go traveling up the east coast after we met some guys who were traveling around OZ in a van and they ended up staying at our place for a few months. (still good friends to this day)

My mate was working part time waitering but i was just on the dole but we managed to buy a shitty old Kombie and fit it out as best as we could and traveled up and down the East coast for six months on the dole just surfing flat out living off absolute shit like chips and sandwiches and not paying for accommodation once, just parking in carparks or ends of roads etc and spending our days between surfs in surf spot carparks.

Before the trip id made heaps of mixed cassettes with lots of stuff taped off public radio RRR & 3PBS often not knowing who the bands were just taping whatever sounded good, this was before mobile phones so music was our big entertainment.

While in Brissy we went to the Livid festival which at the time was at Davies park anyone that went to it back then knows how good it was big circus tents lots of grass and trees and perfect size crowd unlike the big days outs that were much bigger.

Line up that year was Beastie Boys, Helmet, Superchunk, Frank black and heaps of good Aussie bands, Tumbleweed, The Meanies, Magic dirt, Spiderbait etc

Anyway while in the process of going to get a beer i bumped into Richie from Tumbleweed and struck up a conversation he was quite stoked that i was traveling around in a kombi on the dole just surfing and told me he was on the way to see this cool new band, so i tagged along checking them out.

Anyway they sounded good then the next minute they started playing a song i knew from one of my cassettes a song that really stood out and became a fav on the trip, but we had no idea who it was, anyway the song was Redhead from a band called Magic Dirt and as soon as i got home in Vic i bought the double vinyl 7' and CD EP and saw them next time they came to Melb.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 8:23pm

Sounds like an epic time Indo, Magic Dirt are good live and Adalita is smokin hot

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 8:35pm

Agree on all counts

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 9:01pm

Loved Magic Dirt. One of those bands I’d clean forgotten about. Good reminder Indo. Good story.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021 at 9:32pm

Yep some great stories Indo. Good times.

Westof, bang on about the Safety Dance mate. Anytime anywhere. A favorite of mine too.

Going out on a limb here, but very recently and for the first time I actually listened to some of Miley Cyrus's work and I've gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. I have only listened to some of her covers but what a voice! Quite unique, powerful and from what I can gather she must give her live audiences decent bang for their buck!

Here are two that I quite enjoyed....