What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 7:17pm

I reckon everyone would have heard about that little one divided nation shitshow by now..

"But we were duped", "It was never about money" "We were pissed"

Piss off you pair of wankers.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 7:18pm

Great photo of two blokes in the shit.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 7:19pm

James Ashby! Now here's a book I'd like to read. Or not.

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/book-review-a...

The last season of Rake didn't really fly, because it couldn't out-do the ridiculous reality of our parliament!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 7:40pm

Forget Olive, ProMo loves Ashby right now.

Low hanging rotting fruit.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 7:32pm

Westof - In that caption was that fella saying that if they had $20M they’d own the lower and upper Houses of Parliament?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 8:33pm

Yep from what I remember that's exactly what he said.

[Edit]Or it was something very close, not exact,
[Edit again] Yep that's exactly what he said.

$2 mill for a couple of lower house seats and $20 mill for the lot (ie upper house as well)

It's on abc now on the 730 report

Edit: The actual documentary is on at 8pm

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 7:54pm

When the Betoota Advocate plays it straight, shit is too weird, man.

Allied to my previous historical post above.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/entertainment/abbott-launches-new-paulin...

Note: the author of the book in question!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 9:17pm

ABC How to sell a Massacre
(This is that One Nation Sting tbb spoke of...Part 1)

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/how-to-sell-a-massacre/series/0/video/ZW19...
or
Watch part 1 (right now) ABC...Qld (Time)

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 10:26pm

Watching that doco, can you imagine Australia relaxing gun laws and if there was then a resultant increase in mass shootings surely that would weaken the NRA's position in the states and make 'the Australia problem' even worse.

Better for them to stay away from it you'd think with the risk of increased shootings.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 10:41pm

A note for Stu, the politico forum postings include posts on how to control your husband with black magic in Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi and there's also a bit of Sanskrit there - might want to review

Honestly I'm curious. (And hope my wife doesn't learn the technique)

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 11:14pm

Sure it's not Indo Dreaming?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019 at 11:15pm

Teena McQueen?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:46am

Good call Westofthelake - 8:00 pm once again for Thursday Night (Part 2)
How to sell a Massacre (ABC - Part 1) link is above.......No spoiler!

Seedy follow up for VJ
Wives controlling their Husbands with Back Magic ...Too late penciled in a date!
Wives are still under the control of the Black Mambas. How first to break that spell?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 7:49am

Outrageous stuff. Shocking really, and depressing too, to realise there are people in power, even if aligned to questionable parties, that will sink to the lowest of swamp politics. Worse than treason is attempting to destroy our social fabric for political gain.

If it were any other political party the resignations would have already begun, but One Nation has a degree of teflon coating and their supporters will twist it whatever way they can to suit them. Manipulations by media, bastard elites etc etc.

EDIT: Just read comments on Bolt Report. Condensed version: It's a media set up. More power to Ashby and One Nation. Oh, and Al Jazeera pushes hostile muslim takeover of the west, and halal food too. Sigh....

flow's picture
flow's picture
flow Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 8:12am

I watched it last night. Disgusting behaviour.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 9:01am

And the most disgusting thing of all? Our PM still won't commit to putting them last preference on the Coalition ticket. It is an unfortunate reality that pathetic deluded shitheads like One Nation will always exist on the political fringes but for major parties to give them credibility is reprehensible. No surprises though given their racist track record.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 9:20am

Putting aside the developments of the last 24 hours, I can't believe that James Ashby is still in a position to undertake any kind of employment. His track record - especially in Parliament - is shocking.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 10:45am

Agree Ben. There are the dog whistlers and then there are the dogs.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 11:28am

And when the dogs come a-running, and jump up onto the bed with you, don't complain about the itching and scratching?

Let us cast our minds all the way back to 2017. WA state election.

Good ol' Barney Rubble.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/western-australia/barnett-sticks-by-one-...

Of course now he has seen the light...apparently.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-21/one-nation-liberals-nationals-pre...

And talking about how some characters are even still in parliament, here's Arfur See-No-Donors.

Now:

"We will repudiate any party which stands for stuff that is outside the mainstream. And that includes the sorts of racism or Islamophobia that some parties, including One Nation, have been out there talking about."

Way back in 2017:

"The One Nation of today is a very different beast to what it was 20 years ago. They are a lot more sophisticated, they have clearly resonated with a lot of people. Our job is to treat them as any other party...

What I've noticed is the way the media treat One Nation today and Pauline Hanson is very different to 20 years ago when there was more of a concerted effort, including by the media, to campaign against her. The media have started to treat her with a bit more respect this time round. I find that quite interesting. They're taken more seriously because they've realised she's also changed the way she operates."

Then there was PM Malcolm versus the Beetrooter!

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/turnbull-joyce-at-odds-over-one-nation-prefe...

"Malcolm Turnbull has defended the WA Liberal's decision to broker a preference deal with One Nation, saying Pauline Hanson's party had a wide range of policies and deserved to be dealt with "respectfully".

Previously Mal had said this?

“Pauline Hanson is, as far as we are concerned, not a welcome presence on the Australian political scene. You’ve got to remember she was chucked out of the Liberal Party.”

The great Liberal Party normalisation!

https://theconversation.com/one-nation-has-now-been-normalised-in-the-li...

Oh, and lest we forget!

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/tony-abbott-launches-pa...

What a shit-show!

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 11:29am

daley alp nsw leader booted for anti-asian comments, latham ex federal alp leader, (oh sorry, hes one nation now!) into parliament , institutionalised anti-semitism , no need for dog-whistling on the left! how do you spell hypocrisy?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:12pm

Institutionalised anti-Semitism? Been reading too much Daily Mail (UK edition)? Again?

Daley 'booted' out?

And anyone that can't see Latham for the seriously damaged - as in a sad 'RU OK?', 'relevance deprivation syndrome' manner - clown he is, hasn't been paying attention.

Who you gonna trot out next? Richo? Joe Bullock?

Surprise! Dickheads abound, BUT outliers aren't policy makers.

Try harder, Lizard.

Read any David Icke?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm

I think an important part of the One Nation/NRA discussion is looking at what's already going on with other parties.

Fuckwit Ashby boasts about what he can do with $2 million, but keep in mind that Australian political parties are already receiving millions in donations from the gun lobby; Bob Katter and of course the Shooters Party score about $1.5 million between them.

One Nation are scum but the others should have the spotlight shone on them as well.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-27/australian-gun-lobby-as-well-orga...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 12:15pm

Wikipedia has a summary of Ashby's colourful past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ashby

For more comprehensive reading, check out Ashbygate.

https://independentaustralia.net/ashbygate

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 12:16pm

Gun lobby is one thing, these guys tentacles stretch way further.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-26/one-nation-koch-industries-nra-wh...

https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/global-warming/climate-deniers/koch-indus...

Remember the One Nation dude, Malcolm Roberts (who got ousted for NOT being a sovereign citizen, hence gifting us Fraser Anning!)?

Him and Bernardi's 'fact-finding' US tours?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2017/feb/07/how-cory-b...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 12:20pm

These minor party cranks are low-hanging, rotting fruit. Too easy to pick off.

The 'normalisation' as described above in that Grattan article is the real eye-opener.

Remember this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-29/nsw-nationals-expel-white-suprema...

Yeah, nah. Nothing to see here.

Especially post-Christchurch.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 12:37pm

One Nation on the front foot blaming Al Jazeera rather than accept blame for undermining Australian politics.

Good form. Consistent at least.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:06pm

Good point andym. It's about lobby groups and the sway they have across the board. All parties!!

Having said that, one nation are totally delusional about what they could achieve with a bigger purse. Relaxing gun laws in oz has practically no public support at all. Some things are just bad investments, and 20 mil. in oz for this cause would achieve absolutely nothing. No change, not even minor.

I haven't seen the one nation attacking al jazeera bit yet. But I reckon it'd be a pretty fair question to ask as to why al jazeera - a middle east state owned media outlet - have invested 3 years and a load of cash into catching out two hillbilly's travelling the united states on a lost cause?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:00pm

Something that everyone has always known money buys policy but this is really in your face buying a whole political party would love to see a shake of the Libs / Nats tree to see what falls out.

Poor Pauline surrounded by imbeciles and foreign government spies.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:04pm

@Sypkan,

The investigation started as a way to infiltrate the NRA: how they operate behind close doors. Nothing to do with Australian politics, the investigation had already been going two years before Ashby and Dickson came along. They were just the two hapless idiots who led them to the quarry - the host viruses if you will.

The story grew along the way, as happens in these investigations, and the Christchurch massacre adds poignancy that noone could've prepared for.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-27/inside-the-investigation-into-one-nations-bid-for-nra-donations/10939256

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:10pm

Flicked onto Paul Murray Live late last night and they were talking about the Ashby/Dickson incident and almost choked on my Ovaltine when that Rita Panahi opened her mouth sprouting shit about how the ABC is so leftist teaming up with Al Jazeera blah blah blah.
But what made me choke even more was her comments about why we need the ABC anyway which costs taxpayers $ 1 billion per year when we have so much other variety on TV.
Variety my hairy bunghole!!! I'd like to know what she is watching that is mentally stimulating for your average educated adult Australian. If she ain't watching the ABC or SBS then the variety is severely limited dumbed down drivel which would probably appeal to her mentality and opinions anyway.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:27pm

Ok fair enough, I'll take off my alfoil hat now...and re-don my scomo hurley hat...

But I would like to emphasise just how delusional one nation are, I reckon pretty much no sum of money would sway oz public opinion on this issue, and there's these two idiots calculating seats per $mil. Fucking morons. Delusional morons.

I really don't think it'll affect one nation votes though at all, their voters are all swinging between the shooters party, one nation, and the nationals. Who would all be pretty much be on the same page with guns..in private anyway...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:18pm

Why would Al Jazeera target One Nation? Well maybe because they are Muslim and One Nation are rabidly anti-Muslim. Makes sense to me. They have no desire for us to breed up anymore like the Christchurch gunman and, unlike our own government, maybe they saw the potential for that kind of incident. More power to them for great work!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:38pm

No, the target was the NRA. One Nation were secondary, just a by product of the investigation.

It's classic investigative journalism, and I guess, the response is classic too: accept no fault and shoot the messenger.

What's eye-opening is the inability of conservatives to credit a news company for the story. Their anti-ABC dogma inhibits them from placing the blame where it unquestionably lies.

What's also eye-opening is Fairfax's lightweight running of the story, which has huge political ramifications, yet because they didn't produce it they've taken a parochial line.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm

Everyone is aware that there actually is a global war occurring - West vs Islam aren’t they ?

It’s not just about the US seeking oil, political destabilisation and arms export dollars in the Middle East ....well , not anymore.

It’s going to take more than just social engineering and a politically correct media and political class to stem this tide.

Overt and clandestine ideological war + immigration of the members of one set of potential combatants to the home of the other = continued bloodshed.

Unpleasant reality. Prey that Indo doesn’t go down the rabbit hole or we’re fucked. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-21/operation-augury-australias-war-o...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 1:49pm

Sorry mate, that link is an ABC article. Leftist pap. Cant trust it.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 2:05pm

"Everyone is aware that there actually is a global war occurring - West vs Islam aren’t they ?"

blowin, tell me...if someone in the west sold arms, say 110 billion dollars worth of arms, to radical islamists, like say the wahabists of saudia arabia, then they would be treasonous traitors, wouldn't they?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 2:34pm

Yes.

What about our military fighting a war against Islam , would you call that Islamophobia ?

Because you’re paying for it.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 2:40pm

Ah yes, The War Against Terror.

or T.W.A.T for all practical purposes.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm

"Everyone is aware that there actually is a global war occurring - West vs Islam aren’t they ?"

It's not West versus Islam, it's not Christians versus Islam.

Most attacks have happened outside of western countries often on non Christians.

It's Islam (being practised as its written) versus infidels (which can include muslims)

My Indonesian friend is muslim and has scars on her face from the Bali bombs as proof.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 2:45pm

Facto is such a nose led moron that he still believes it’s all just made up bad man , naughty white politician stuff.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-14/indonesia-church-attacks-joko-wid...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 2:45pm

Yes , more accurate Indo.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 2:45pm

BTW. The word Islamphobia most of time is misused, a phobia is an irrational fear, not a rational fear.

Correct use would be Irrational fear of islam: example giving two shits if the food is halal or not, or thinking Australia is under the threat of becoming under sharia law.

But fearing the negative effects of islam, say a bombing or changes in Indonesia from its influence is not irrational.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 2:49pm

Woop, woop! Stooges alert.

Where's Curly?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 3:21pm

Facto - Nothing to say , so he tries to take the piss out of those with a thought on the matter. Same as it ever was.

It’s a shame that you aren’t equipped to discuss the matter of the genuine threat that Islam poses , Facto.

The lady in this photo took those two little girls and blew them selves up in a church in an attempt to kill as many non-Muslims as she could in Java. Whilst she did this , her husband took their two boys and blew themselves up in another church whilst also trying to kill as many non-Muslims as possible.

Just something to think about whilst you’re discussing” Islamophobia “ like it’s the fear of dragons , evil fairies or men from outer space.

And whilst you’re thinking about it , our military is doing their best to help kill all the Muslims who want to kill us in the Southern Philippines.

My point being ?

I personally am not afraid of Muslims , but I can see why some people would be. Thus I think it’s fair that they are able to be represented in our political system. The fact that our government is forced to deny the issue exists is understandable. But people should legitimately be able to question why Muslims are immigrating to this country when we are literally at war with their ideology.

The white supremacists such as Anning should be ridiculed and perhaps charged with inciting hatred if they do so . But the pendulum of discussion regarding the threat of Islam is threatening to go too far from recognising the reality of an ongoing conflict.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm

"But people should legitimately be able to question why Muslims are immigrating to this country when we are literally at war with their ideology."

This is where the irrational part kicks in.

Are 'we' at literal war with Islam? With an entire religion? What is this religion's 'ideology'?

Yours and Larry the burqa bumper's posts simply add to the irrational Islamophobia?

Why'd you vote for One Nation again?

FFS.

AGAIN.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 3:33pm

"I personally am not afraid of Muslims , but I can see why some people would be."

Well you should tell those people their fear is irrational. Tell them that, in America at least, they're much more likely to die by the hands of a white extremist. Don't have Oz stats but I'd find it hard to believe that death by Muslim extremist somewhow skews the spread.

Irational fear has no place in politics. Why ashould we make room for it? There lies the way of demagogues.

OT: Shut down Muslim immigration and say goodbye to ever visiting Indonesia again.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 3:40pm

I voted for ON as a protest vote as I’ve said many times. Nothing whatsoever to do with their stance on Islam. You’d understand that by now if you were ever going to , but you’re not smart enough for that and so be it.

Yes we are literally at war with Islam . Maybe you can find another term to describe when the professional military of a nation drops bombs and shoots bullets at avowed enemies who would kill us where we stand if given an opportunity ?

No , it’s obviously not every Muslim , but every one who wants us dead does so under the auspices of Islam .....so yes , we are at war with proponents of a religion. That is their uniting cause.

The religion’s ideology is that all infidels ( non - believers ) should be killed if possible. Failing that enslaved.

This is all public knowledge. You probably think you’re cute or clever with this line of questioning. Probably the best way to discover the answer is to buy a ticket to the Philippines- I think they’re pretty cheap, maybe a few hundred dollars - then make your way to the Southern Provinces and ask around till you’ve located the people in question.

I’m sure they’ll answer any questions you have such as :

“ You guys are just painted in a bad light by evil conservatives , eh ? Cause I’m a proud fan of diversity , but I still can’t quite come to terms with the fact that some people are so diverse that they’re not just like me . I thought diverse just meant funny hats or praying on your knees instead of with your hands . Maybe spicier food ? Are you positive that you’re not really just like me ? They’re only making it up that you would rather die than have me live , yeah ? “

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 3:50pm

If the fear is irrational, why do we allow refugees to come here when they claim persecution in their Islamic homelands ? Why are you referring to the present threat situation in Australia as though it’s an immutable circumstance ?

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com

Again ,,,,,,,I’m not against Muslim immigration. What I’m against is the demonisation of those who do have concerns about it.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 3:53pm

I think the immigration aspect is the hardest part of the conversation.

Like it or not the more apples you bring in the more chance of having bad apples.

So how do you deal with that aspect?

No real easy answers.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019 at 3:56pm

"Having said that, one nation are totally delusional about what they could achieve with a bigger purse. Relaxing gun laws in oz has practically no public support at all. Some things are just bad investments, and 20 mil. in oz for this cause would achieve absolutely nothing. No change, not even minor."

100%

It's about the only thing everyone here agrees on and most Aussies, the lack of gun culture is a good things and strict gun laws.