AFL racism

udo's picture
udo started the topic in Saturday, 25 May 2013 at 5:11pm

a player gets called an ape.....by a 13 yr old girl, youre fucking joking, an ape -what the fuck is this sook player going on about.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 7:58pm

Have a think about it udo

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 25 May 2013 at 7:37pm

Guess it all depends on context, doesn't it?

stranger's picture
stranger's picture
stranger Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 11:36am

He's going on about the deck being marked before the deal, still.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 1:14pm

My wifes family are collingwood supporters, I often point out what an ape Nick Maxwell is dragging his knuckles as he runs, that's how he did his wrist, he hit a rock on the ground. Is that racist? No, I don't think the kid meant it to be racist, but she's learned a valuable lesson.

stranger's picture
stranger's picture
stranger Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 1:48pm

13 year old may have learned not to ape her parents.

pster's picture
pster's picture
pster Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 2:13pm

'Racism' noun

-the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races

-prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior

I have no idea where calling someone an 'ape' fits in to that definition. It was an insult, and could have been directed at any other player on the field, regardless of their origin. That line wasn't crossed.

Yes - put racism in the spotlight and stamp it out of all the codes...

But spotlight the ACTUAL issues, otherwise it just looks like 'politically correctness' gone out of control...

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 3:28pm

Goodes is probably still a bit sensitive after Dermy had a crack at him about his tripping antics the other week.

stranger's picture
stranger's picture
stranger Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 3:32pm

Some people deliberately call other people apes to imply that they are less evolved and therefore inferior. During our shared history in this country, some white people have called black people ape and other things in order to encourage the black people to know their place, to not have such lofty aspirations and to have a reduced sense of entitlement (e.g. to land, jobs that pay money, a seat in the cinema, a swim in the pool and that sort of thing).

This is why Aboriginal people take exception to being called an ape, even if they are surrounded by footballers.

It's pretty funny when Non-Aboriginal people try to tell Aboriginal people that they have not been subject to racism.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 4:24pm

In this instance its possible, even likely, the young girl meant no harm by her comment. She just yelled out the name her brain came up with. I have heard lots of kids call others names without really thinking about it. I remember my son yelling out "get fucked" to a group of Hawthorn supporters one night at the footy when he was about 7 years old and he never heard that sort of thing at home.

So it seems its all unfortunate but just a few things in Goodes' defence.

When you belong to a minority group .... you live it 24 hours a day, you can't change it like your clothes, if you're gay, black or a woman in a society culturally or physically dominated by men.

So if you are a black man in a white world you live it daily and you are sensitive to how the world reacts to you every minute or hour or situation.

I heard Goodes grew up in country Victoria so much of his family history is radically different to our history.

Before the 1966 referendum his parents or grandparents would not have been recognised in law ........... and from personal friendships with Victorian Aboriginals and their stories I have an insight on what this meant ............ Koori mothers were made to give birth to their children on the back verandahs of country hospitals (they weren't allowed to be treated inside); Aboriginal children were not allowed to go to school after year 8 and no Aboriginal was allowed to have a personal bank account ....... all up to the 1966 referendum.

And then was the then so called illegal 1939 walk off the cummeragunja mission station by the Yorta Yorta. A mission station run by the "Aboriginal Protection Board". All this and more is likely to be the living history of every Aboriginal person we will meet.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 27 May 2013 at 12:37pm

When you belong to a minority group .... you live it 24 hours a day, you can't change it like your clothes, if you're gay, black or a woman in a society culturally or physically dominated by men.

So if you are a black man in a white world you live it daily and you are sensitive to how the world reacts to you every minute or hour or situation.

By: "floyd"

People underestimate the wisdom of labradors.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 May 2013 at 5:08pm

I had a black Labrador once. He wasn't aware of the social stigma attached to being a member of the minority within his own society.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 27 May 2013 at 6:44pm

can we still call victorians pricktorians?

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Monday, 27 May 2013 at 7:56pm

Surely you weren't too hard on the young fella for telling the Hawthorn supporters to get fucked?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at 6:57am

Nah, I was a little shocked at the time that my boy came out with that but we have had many laughs about it since.

True story ....

Years ago I was driving through a country town with a 4 Aboriginal men when they pulled the car over to talk to a group of Vietnamese guys. All was very friendly, laughs all round talking about the weather and general town gossip. Anyway as we drove off the driver of the car turn to me laughing and said "we love those Vietnamese guys, they have certainly taken the heat off us". I guess these days its so called boat people copping it.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at 9:24am

Those indigenous players in the AFL are great role models for their people. It's tough to make a buck in this society for the true locals of this land.
One time we were camped on the side of a headland overlooking a classic remote South Australian pointbreak. Upon returning to camp after a days surfing we found a trailer stacked with wood and the fire burning. With no one around for miles we were a little curious.
On sunset an old commodore pulled up and out came these two black fellows, Frankie Lee and Dougie. They were cruising around the country collecting suitable wood to make dijeredoo's. We thought about whether we should move on but they seemed cool so for the next 4 days camped with them. Each day we went surfing and they went off collecting wood. And each night we sat around the fire talking as they made and played their dijeredoo's. We ended up buying a really beautiful dijeredoo off them!
The interesting thing was they told us they were breaking the law? You need a permit to make aboriginal artifacts and most of the permits are owned by white people. That's why tourists shops at places like the Rocks down on Sydney harbour are full of brightly coloured bamboo dijeredoo's made in China!
The point is there's something fucked up about a system which Aboriginal people can't make money out of their own culture but we complain for them to get a job and stop bludging off the taxpayer?

hoobs's picture
hoobs's picture
hoobs Wednesday, 29 May 2013 at 10:29pm

Just have a listen to Adam Goodes press conference.. it might just change your opinion/perspective on the situation. Absolutely inspirational - he is a worthy role model, straight up!

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Wednesday, 29 May 2013 at 10:56pm

I can not comprehend what came out of Eddie Mcguires mouth? I don't think it was malicious at all but how could he let that get out of his mouth after what happened on the weekend. Maybe he was still drunk from a big night? Maybe like everyone else that supports collingwood he is just a moron?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 7:50pm

SMH : Alan Jones has his say Re Adam Goodes ........?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 8:26pm
udo wrote:

SMH : Alan Jones has his say Re Adam Goodes ........?

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-swans/swans-star-adam-goodes-always-pla...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 8:32pm

Absolute muppet Alan Jones is.

I posted this on Facebook, can't believe some of the responses..

"How would you like to be booo'd every time you had to interact or talk with a colleague at work, relentlessly.

How do you think you'd feel heading home, knowing the next day it was going to be the same all over again.

Disgraceful!"

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 8:44pm

Scary enough i do have to agree with him after all before these incidents he was booed no more than any other player.

Personally i think its a cop out by people, media and AFL to label it racism, its much easier to do this than admit that his behaviour is the cause and deal with it in particularly the AFL who should have just pulled him aside quietly and said look off field do or say what you like but on field just play footy and forget politics or race etc.

IMO the AFL needs to draw a line and ban any celebration act after goals that are intended to incite the crowd, remembering that in 2013 Dustin Martin got fined for doing a jail house salute (signifying hand cuffs) and a coach fined for doing a throat cut motion, so why is signifying a spear thrown into the crowd okay?

Because it related to his culture? So we are going to treat people differently based on race?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 8:53pm

Got opinion on Adam Goodes?

Then watch this ....... Waleed Aly hits the nail right on the head.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 9:03pm

Exactly Floyd.

And in response ID, a good comment by someone on my feed..

"And booing provides camouflage for those racists. If you're a better sort of human you should give up your right to boo to flush out that racist element and because you have compassion for Goodes as a person. It's not a good look and the dude is upset. It's not really that hard a decision."

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 9:09pm

Floyd, we were so close to being a united people in the early/mid 90s..... Then along came the double whammy of John Howard and 9/11.... Everything changed......... The people booing Goodes are the same people who lose their fucking minds over "illegal immigrants"..... Sheeple..... Mob mentality.... They call themselves "patriots"........
Here's a typical troglodyte, saying Goodes should be deported lol
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/griffin-mcmaster-calls-for-adam-go...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 9:34pm
Craig wrote:

Exactly Floyd.

And in response ID, a good comment by someone on my feed..

"And booing provides camouflage for those racists. If you're a better sort of human you should give up your right to boo to flush out that racist element and because you have compassion for Goodes as a person. It's not a good look and the dude is upset. It's not really that hard a decision."

To me that doesn't make sense, i rarely go to the footy and when i do i don't boo its just not my thing, but if i did id boo if they were acting like a dick no matter their skin colour, i don't think people should boo based on race, but i also think people should not boo based on race…id actually feel like I'm being racist if i thought oh no i better not boo him because his Aboriginal although he is acting like a dick.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 9:32pm

Sorry out of context. This was in response to another guy saying

"90% of the people booing him now are either cos everyone else is, or cos he's a wanker on the field.... same as any other footballer in the last hundred years. Yes there are a minority that would be racist of course."

Hence the reply (which I agree with).

""And booing provides camouflage for those racists. If you're a better sort of human you should give up your right to boo to flush out that racist element and because you have compassion for Goodes as a person. It's not a good look and the dude is upset. It's not really that hard a decision.""

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 9:35pm

Plenty of great aboriginal players in our game and they certainly do not good 'booed'. Enjoy playing with them, when I can keep up.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 9:45pm

First dog had a good dig a while back....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 9:59pm

ha ha I dont agree with all of it, but it covers a lot and a lot of it is true.

Never going to happen but Id love to see a non Aboriginal player to do the same war dance this week just to see how everyone including the media and AFL respond or maybe shooting imaginary guns into the crowd might be a better representation of our colonial past.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 10:01pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Floyd, we were so close to being a united people in the early/mid 90s..... Then along came the double whammy of John Howard and 9/11.... Everything changed......... The people booing Goodes are the same people who lose their fucking minds over "illegal immigrants"..... Sheeple..... Mob mentality.... They call themselves "patriots"........
Here's a typical troglodyte, saying Goodes should be deported lol
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/griffin-mcmaster-calls-for-adam-go...

Sheepy, I got nothing left to say, how do you counter the idiot fringe? I'm disgusted on so many levels. Where's the leadership? from the AFL and our politicians? In its absence you get hate-sayers like Bolt & Jones filling the void.

Incidentally, I'm currently reading about Australia's federation. Representatives of the New Zealand government participated in the early meetings but declined the invitation to continue in the talks and ultimately join a federated Australia because the New Zealanders didn't want to risk the good relations and treaties they had put in place with the Maori nations (i.e. they were looking at the decimation of the Australian Aboriginal nations and didn't want the same for the Maori). So, what would happen in NZ if one of its key Maori footballers was booed? Fucking riots that's what.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 10:10pm

I love having a good boo..... I admit it.... But I'm not gonna boo one bloke, or one umpire, for 17 weeks in a row........ So the satire in first dog is quite poignant..... A bunch of sheeple will ruin a bit of light hearted fun where we can all let off a bit of steam.......
Am I no longer to boo the poms during the ashes? No more "have a go ya mug"? No booing of a footy player who staged a kick? Can we only boo our own "colour"? As I said, the sheeple are fucking it.....

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 11:13pm
floyd wrote:

Nah, I was a little shocked at the time that my boy came out with that but we have had many laughs about it since.

True story ....

Years ago I was driving through a country town with a 4 Aboriginal men when they pulled the car over to talk to a group of Vietnamese guys. All was very friendly, laughs all round talking about the weather and general town gossip. Anyway as we drove off the driver of the car turn to me laughing and said "we love those Vietnamese guys, they have certainly taken the heat off us". I guess these days its so called boat people copping it.

Your mates had obviously never been to gaol in Victoria .
Basicly the most heated confrontations happen when the young Koori boys completely utterly hate and attack the Vietnamese amongst other Asians , to the point they are usually segregated 24/7 .
For the record , I'm totally against this booing shit .
The only thing that should be screamed out at the footy , is support for your team . Or the word " baaaaaallllllllll " . And on the odd occasion " hit him " ....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015 at 11:23pm

"The only thing that should be screamed out at the footy , is support for your team . Or the word " baaaaaallllllllll " . And on the odd occasion " hit him " ...."

Sarcasm?
Sarcastic humour, right?... Baaaaaaaaaa! ;)

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 12:17am

UDo...defends a 13 year old's racist comment....makes jokes about spitting altar boys....seems he is alan Jones 's alter ego.....

Australia a very racist country....hopefully Goodsey will be part of a healing ...as racists are exposed and learn the harm they do to other people.....Nicky Winmar.....stood up for his race by lifting his jumper and saying, "proud to be Black," at Collingwood...Victoria Park ...Eddie Mc Guire ..racist.....King Kong Joke...followed by 13 year old ape joke......some soccer 1/2 wit says deport Adam Goodes.......great week for Australia...at least the Aussies are ripping in the cricket!!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 7:33am

Brutus, I think the healing was underway and Goodes threw a spanner in the works
A highly paid professional athlete ,a grown man calling out a young child for a remark that someone of his stature should have ignored......rewatch the footage - c'mon FFS
The Goodes spear dance........aimed at I'm guessing ' white ' skinned spectators.....far more racist than being called an ape from a child..............How should a White skinned parent/ spectator explain the meaning of Goodes spear dance to there children.........not forgetting this is from "Australian of the year" ? Very very threatening behaviour

I see you still have your searching for relatives dare I say monkey/ape vid up on MC surfboards instagram ? ! ?

Alan Jones Alter Ego....Hmnn na Alan likes the Pentridge Position which is not my cup of tea.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 6:44am

All you do is pay out on Australia Brutus. Got me puzzled why you even come back here? You hang out in the states a lot don't you? They don't exactly have a great track record of how they treated black people.. You go around over there saying how racist the USA is? I doubt it

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 7:00am

For the record, I think Australia WAS a racist country going back 20,30+ years, but now is one of the most multi cultural countries in the world. My best mates parents are Greeks, my other mate married a Korean girl, my cousin is engaged to a girl whose mum is aboriginal. The treatment of aborigines from white people has been absolutely disgusting and appalling, but I think you would now find the vast majority of "white" ozzies are not even remotely racist. Just my opinion

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 7:43am
udo wrote:

Brutus, I think the healing was underway and Goodes threw a spanner in the works
A highly paid professional athlete ,a grown man calling out a young child for a remark that someone of his stature should have ignored......rewatch the footage - c'mon FFS
The Goodes spear dance........aimed at I'm guessing ' white ' skinned spectators.....far more racist than being called an ape from a child..............How should a White skinned parent/ spectator explain the meaning of Goodes spear dance to there children.........not forgetting this is from "Australian of the year" ? Very very threatening behaviour

I see you still have your searching for relatives dare I say monkey/ape vid up on MC surfboards instagram ? ! ?

Alan Jones Alter Ego....Hmnn na Alan likes the Pentridge Position which is not my cup of tea.

healing was underway......in your mind.....its obvious to all that the booing is racist...unless of course you are Alan Jones..great aussie bloke.....no answer on your altar boy Joke??

You obviously haven't taken the time to understand what the war dance meant ..nothing to do with white or black......its called intimidating an opponent.....the Haka ever heard of it??

threatened by ignorance ...yeah....

My self depreciating humour .....is that..ever watched any black comedians .....???

Racism is a scourge in this country....having personally lived with it for most of my life.....sets Australia back ...does not heal!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 7:48am
goofyfoot wrote:

For the record, I think Australia WAS a racist country going back 20,30+ years, but now is one of the most multi cultural countries in the world. My best mates parents are Greeks, my other mate married a Korean girl, my cousin is engaged to a girl whose mum is aboriginal. The treatment of aborigines from white people has been absolutely disgusting and appalling, but I think you would now find the vast majority of "white" ozzies are not even remotely racist. Just my opinion

So why all the booing of adam Goodes?

...and your point about Australia bashing is me just highlighting some of the negatives in Australian culture....and no I don't live in the USA.....I do business there....and yeah they have huge problems .....but never seen anyone in sport booed because of their color..

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 8:00am

I read about the former NBA player Charles Barkley in an article by a white journo who hung out with Barkley for a few days while he was still playing. The journo said he was stunned by the amount of racist vitriol shouted from close range at Barkley which Barkley just treated as normal.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 8:24am

Brutus, seems to me the war dance was directed at the crowd ?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 8:20am

Can we keep the personal atacks out of it please? As Stu pointed out last week.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 8:56am

I think there has to be one rule for all and sadly think its come to a stage where ON FIELD players can't do these controversial celebrations that intimate violence or bring up political or racial issues, even pointing out and embarrassing people in the crowd, imagine if every player did the same if they were called a name based on race, looks, weight, history etc no one wants to see it just play footy for gods sake and have your say off field on this issues.

Im sure if a non Aboriginal player did the same dance he would be fined, or if he shot imaginary guns at the crowd, or even these days gave the crowd the finger….Dustin Martin got fined for doing the jail house salute while a few years earlier two Aboriginal players and even a non Aboriginal did it and got no fine.

The AFL screwed up they didn't nip this in the bud behind closed doors when they should have for one reason only because they don't have the balls because its race related and would fear a backlash.

Its easily solved one rule for everyone keep it off the field, celebrate a goal but doing incite the crowd, have your say off field on these issues but you still need to be prepared that not everyone will like or agree with what you say so you still need to be prepared to take flack like anyone else in the media spot light.

Me i would never boo i don't really even cheer, but all booing is is the opposite of cheering and people should have a right to do it to show their passion.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 8:55am

Brutus I don't think he is booed because of his colour. If that was the case why isn't Rioli booed, or patty Ryder, or Shaun Burgoyne?
I think he's booed because he comes across as a bit of a flog on the footy field. Regardless of his colour

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 9:00am
goofyfoot wrote:

Brutus I don't think he is booed because of his colour. If that was the case why isn't Rioli booed, or patty Ryder, or Shaun Burgoyne?
I think he's booed because he comes across as a bit of a flog on the footy field. Regardless of his colour

Not to mention before these issues he was not booed anymore than any other player, most people don't care about skin colour or race and some of our most popular and favourite players are Aboriginal or part Aboriginal.

scottishsponger's picture
scottishsponger's picture
scottishsponger Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 9:23am

What Goodes did with the metaphorical spear (not a real spear people!) is no different to the All Blacks doing the Haka. They mimic the slitting of throats amongst other things, however its a metaphor for what they're going to do the their opponents on the field. I've never actually seen any All Black Players slit the opposition's throat! The morons booing and complaining that Goodes was inciting violence are quite clearly racists. What Waleed said in the video above is spot on. I've been shocked since I've lived in Australia at the amount of casual racism that exists. I've lived all over the world and admittedly it's present in every country on some level, but Australia really has a deep rooted (pardon the pun) problem with race and in particular the treatment of Aboriginal people. In fact to go completely off the point, wider Australian society seems to have a problem with anyone who's not white, male and heterosexual. Look at the bunch of troglodytes currently in government masquerading as modern leaders. And what that idiot Griffin McMaster said is beyond belief. Did he even go to primary school?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 9:25am

indo-dreaming wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Brutus I don't think he is booed because of his colour. If that was the case why isn't Rioli booed, or patty Ryder, or Shaun Burgoyne? I think he's booed because he comes across as a bit of a flog on the footy field. Regardless of his colour

Not to mention before these issues he was not booed anymore than any other player, most people don't care about skin colour or race and some of our most popular and favourite players are Aboriginal or part Aboriginal.

The point is that since becoming Australian of the Year he's been outspoken on issues of race - and so he should! - and it makes people uncomfortable. He wasn't doing that a couple of years ago and those players you mentioned don't do it either. Reckon Waleed Aly nailed it.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 9:29am

Gday, goofy... Hope you're getting a few.... Mate, you are usually pretty well on the money... but not this time.... Nick riewoldt got booed for bursting into tears once (little did the crowd know of his personal struggle re' his sister at the time).... The booing lasted for a few weeks.... It didn't last 17 weeks.... There are alot of players who are "flogs", snipers etc..... They are not booed week after week after week after week.... Pavlich is a flog... Total ego... Don't see him getting booed every game.. Goddard alias cranky crankster, Jack the dummy spit riewoldt.... etc etc etc... they do get booed, but nothing like goodes....

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 9:43am

It seems he was not booed because of his colour. You will notice that he had just scored and hence sturred up the crowd. He gave to them and they reacted. As we know there are many aboriginals playing this great and they play bloody good. Goodsie is just a passionate about his footy and his people. Heh, you will not get the crowd to stop. But given that Goodsie has taken to heart this because of his colour then we are all a bit shocked. Some mentioned he was booed because he is outspoken on aboriginal issues. Most likely not. We don't boo Mundine, Pearson and many other aboriginals, we listen and try to resolve the issues.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 at 9:44am

Yeah I dunno about the rest sheepy, I'm not a booer, I don't really see the point of it. I guess I just don't want to think that many people don't like someone because of the colour of his skin. I thought as a majority we are better than that. Why do you think it happens to him?