Famous and not so famous drop ins

Taco's picture
Taco started the topic in Friday, 29 Jan 2016 at 8:25pm

Been reading the comments from the has qld surf had its day and noticed the drop in comments..So I thought I'd like to hear more people's famous or not so famous drop ins..Me I've had my share including being blatantly smoked by none other than three world champions..So here go's

Mick and Joel...mick twice actually..both at snapper on fair days..Now I'm no world beater but I'm an above average surfer who can get deep and find his way through a tube and on one occasion I was coming outa one peeler when I was graced with the world champs presence..didnt bat an eyelid when I told him in no uncertain terms that I was clearly making that section and I don't give a rats who you are..just paddled back up the point.

The king..South straddie..after taking what seemed to be an unmake able late drop ( even to myself ) and bottom turning hard to squeak under the lip and set a rail,who should be dropping down the face but jimmy slade himself..I got absolutely pummelled every which way but loose and may not have made it,but cmon at least give me the benefit of the doubt,was millions of waves that day..For what it's worth he did kinda apologise " Theres no way I thought you were making that one"..But after he told me what a sick drop it was i was happy to move on..

Munga Barry..again straddie..lonely mid week morning '92..lonely for today's standards anyway maybe 15 guys spread from the wall to down past the sand pump..Him and Ralph were dominating as they did over there back then..I had not a single problem letting them have any wave they wanted when mr Barry thought it would be a pretty fun idea to start dropping in on me..not once,not twice,but troix times in succession!!. Up until then I had a bit of respect for him but that soon went out the window quicker than an ounce of purple in a raid..Was 19 at the time and gave him an absolute gobfull which he lapped up with with his im munga bullshit and in no uncertain terms told me how inferior I was..In an ugly situation i happened to sort that one out in front of echo beach at about 1 am the nxt morning after a few hours of taunts and laughter from the little fuckwit I just couldn't take it anymore,and under the influence of quite a few extra drys I called him out..im not a big guy so when I told him to step outside he probs thought he could have me..Lets just say it never happened again.

Mickey Picon..La Graviere..6-8 ft thumping shore break day late October..Both paddling a few feet apart for a nice righthander,both catching said righthander..Only problem was I had the inside and he didn't give a rats..I once again cop a hiding and he gets spat out 50 meters down the beach..No point arguing i only knew oui and mercy and he would of feigned speaka no english..

Numerous indonesian pros at keramas..Again no point

Numerous everyday people with sore necks and the incapability to turn their heads to the inside

penmister commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 4:03pm

Were the pic of tony gone? Am i on the wrong thread again? Who ever gave him the wettie and board will be spewing.big abbot being sponsored who would of thought....

Wharfjunkie's picture
Wharfjunkie's picture
Wharfjunkie commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 5:26pm

Here it is. It was spoken about on Triple J this arvo Mick Fanning got a mention from a young person texting in from Sydney. Tones fluffers may have paid her off to put a positive spin on it.

penmister commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 5:40pm

Lol

penmister commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 5:41pm

Lol

penmister commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 5:43pm

Thought fanstar was a liberal

prothero's picture
prothero's picture
prothero commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 7:10pm

well this wasnt really a drop of sorts,,,,,about 27 years ago watching some nice waves at Injidup carpark , a guy does a cut back and runs over another guy. This guy is pissed off and smacks the other guy in the head. He seemed to enjoy that and tried a few more punches, so the guy who got hit starts paddling away with his assailant hot on his heels. The tough guy couldnt get hold of the guy he punched so he went in sat and waited on the beach. Eventually the other guy came in and the tough guy walked up to him with a rock in his hand and snatched his board off him and smashed the shit out of his board. An old couple were horrified by what they were witnessing and asked if this sort of thing happens often. When the tough guy finished with his brain snap he walked up to his car where his wife, kids and dog were waiting for him.

Prothero

penmister commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 7:17pm

Settle down Spielberg

mrmik's picture
mrmik's picture
mrmik commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 9:15pm

Bigotry. I feel like puking.
Taking cheap shots at a weekend warrior for sharing a wave that probably had half a dozen longboards going straight on it before it fizzed out, while earlier on condoning a world surfing champion to drop in habitually, on only the best waves, when someone else is already deeply in the tube.
Bullshit.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 9:37pm

perhaps if there was a little bit more prothero style stories there would be less dropping in going on.... just saying. Not that it was just a log weekend here and not once but twice i had to remove myself from the line up due to holiday sup heros, overweight kooks who had to sit down and wait between snakings, just because you can catch every wave (and then barley surf the fucking thing) does not mean you should or have the right to, not to mention the new middle aged "sup chick" that has suddenly developed a massive cock with the power their craft bestows upon them. The stand up paddle board shortcuts 5 years of surfing in months allowing utter kooks to feel like they are the alpha, not to mention when they "charge" huzzas and give those kids a run for their money, no matter how dangerous they are. Disgusting and a shame none of them would be reading this article. No fucking idea.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 9:38pm

Maybe a new thread "supwits" ?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 10:02pm

Yes funny

penmister commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 10:50pm

Is that fisher and pykle

penmister commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 10:50pm

Is that fisher and pykle

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 commented Tuesday, 29 Mar 2016 at 11:12pm

"supwits cuzzy bro" you mean? Yup that was one of thum.

Paul g's picture
Paul g's picture
Paul g commented Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 3:06pm

I was burnt by barton back in the late 80's..i was a shredder from..i gave him a mouthful and he just turned,smiled and paddled out..yes theres wankers out there..And i agree ..Micks one of them..I did get my own back on another wanker in the sport last year though..Jordy paddled under me and pulled into i ripper at greenmount..I thought fuck u aresehole so paddled in right behind him drove off the top hard on my 7'11 billy grant pin tail and force him to pull out of his big red! So funny i could piss myself..fuck all the fat head pro's who think they have right away!

nester

Paul g's picture
Paul g's picture
Paul g commented Sunday, 4 Nov 2018 at 3:08pm

REO

nester

JJD's picture
JJD's picture
JJD commented Sunday, 13 Jan 2019 at 11:07pm

From what I've seen Shark Island is the epitome of growers.

scrotina's picture
scrotina's picture
scrotina commented Saturday, 23 May 2020 at 11:09pm

ok here's a question for everyone. is occy hard? i know there are pricks everywhere, but on the goldy, occy seems to be the worst. rarely do i see him on a wave that he hasn't cooked someone on. but nobody says shit. i know back in the day he had the cooly crowd to back him up, but i don't think thats the case anymore. a local photog told me about the time he was high on coke and bashed some guy who freesurfed into a competition area, and billabong paid hush money. did enough people see it to make them think he shouldn't be fucked with?

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer commented Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 10:08am

Not me my son Mick Fanning the villian his favourite surfer at the time half way
between Snapper and Greenmount anyway my son finally got a good one on his
1st surf on his new board just coming out of the barrel Fanning spins and blatantly
burns him resulting in my sons new board snapping, he was shattered. My son wanted to take him on but I convinced him wrong place he was only 16 now he
is 6ft 4in and just waiting for him to surf in our area. Son has not forgotton.
Fanning was a complete drop kick dropped in on almost everyone which was
extremely disappointing seeing he also got 70% of the bombs in the 1st place.

IF im not surfing im racing

goofyfoot commented Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 10:27am

Yeah that’s shithouse evo

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba commented Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 12:26pm

Evo pretty sad eh when you think those guys get heaps of good waves around the world and at there local while Joe average ,who works doing a real job,gets a small time frame to surf and gets burned by the people they try to look up to......

simba

Blowin commented Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 1:16pm

For all I know Occy could throw punches like a threshing machine , but judging from the way he’s portrayed in the surf media ....