Swellnet For Lifeline Classic And Board Sale 2022
It's that time of year again where Swellnet competes in the Lifeline Classic, raising money for Lifeline Northern Beaches.
The event is booked in at Queenscliff for Sunday the 18th of September, but the main fundraiser event - the secondhand board yard sale - will be run a fortnight before, this Sunday the 4th of September. See below for details.
Our team for the Classic will be the same as last year with Nick Denington, Mark New, Josh Button, and myself - Craig - surfing for Swellnet.
We'll be trying to raise at least $3,000 before the event, so click here to start donating. Any amount helps and is much appreciated.
Our annual secondhand board yard sale will be at Freshwater again, on the grass hill between Pilu and cafe Shaka, just off Moore Rd. It's a great community event and chance to grab a bargain or sell boards you don't surf any more.
The yard sale day works like this:
- For sellers, rock up any time from 8:30am with your near new or used (not trashed!) board and come up to me (Craig) or any of my helpers to get your board stickered with your asking price.
- Leave the board with us and hang around or come back before 12pm to see if it sold to claim your cash.
- For buyers, there are always great bargains with all types of boards and shapes.
- For boards under $200, $20 will be donated to Lifeline, and for boards over $200, 10% of the price will go to Lifeline.
- Marty from The Pocket Cafe has provided some vouchers to give to board sales over a set price.
- Also, cash makes it easier to pay the sellers through the day, though we will have EFTPOS facilities available.
So pencil in Sunday, the 4th of September - that's Father's Day - and grab a bargain for yourself or your dad.
Click here to donate if you can't make the day.