Challenge: The Enforcer - Round 1
What are you doing here, kook? Never seen your face before. You wanna catch some of our waves do you?
Well, first you must answer these twenty questions. Use your brain, kook. Google doesn't work out here!
Write your answers in the comment box below. They won't appear straight away, but don't worry, me and the boyz have received them and all your answers will appear in a few hours time.
No way will you...will anyone, guess them all. Spread them across a few comments if it helps.
Answers revealed 3pm tomorrow. The most correct wins.
Good luck, kook.
1. Which Australian surfer was relegated from first place to second when Kelly Slater noticed a maths error at an Eddie Aikau Invitational?
2. 'Surfing World' is Australia’s longest running surf magazine, but our first surf magazine was..?
3. Name all six of the famous Webber brothers.
4. Name two famous waves with churches overlooking them?
5. I brought the first modern twin fin to Australia and I pioneered the five fin ‘Claw’. My name is...?
6. South African surfer infamous for never winning a heat in his lone CT year.
7. Name the surfer who links soul singer Isaac Hayes with Derek Hynd, and also describe the link.
8. What is the only Australian wave namedropped in The Beach Boys, ‘Surfin’ USA’?
9. Two famous, blonde-haired Aussies rode three-fin boards at Bells ‘81. Who were they?
10. Taj Burrow was the first male winner of a CT on an epoxy/EPS board (Bells, 2007), however the very first CT winner on an epoxy/EPS was a female. Who was it? (Hint: She was also a West Australian)
11. Black Rock has, both historically and geographically, been known by many names. What are three of them?
12. Since it began in 2000, only three goofyfooters have won the Gold Coast Pro. Name two.
13. North-West WA pioneer is George ______?
14. What is Wozzle commentator Strider Wasilewski’s middle name?
15. Hailing from Sydney, I qualified for the CT in 2003 and then spent nine straight years in the top tier, however it wouldn’t be till 2005 that I’d qualify via the CT and not rely on the QS. My highest year end ranking was 8th. Only once did I make a final, which I lost to Taj Burrow at Santa Catalina, Brazil. My brother played scrum-half (Rugby Union) for the Wallabies and the Waratahs. I still work as a pro surfing coach. I am..?
16. Name three Australian waves with 'coloured' names.
17. If you’re in the South Australian desert and someone says, “G'Day, I’m DC Green.” The only appropriate response is...?
18. The very first contests at Teahupoo were QS events sponsored by which now-defunct clothing label?
19. “He doesn’t have a style of his own. His surfing is a synthesis of other great surfers.” - Shaun Tomson. Who was Shaun talking about?
20. I was an enforcer on the Gold Coast points through the 80s and 90s, but many people would know me through beach commentary. My brother appeared on the very first issue of 'Surfing Life', and I have the most intimidating name of all time. I am..?