WOTD

southey's picture
southey started the topic in Friday, 28 Feb 2014 at 11:16pm

How dare You ...... :-(

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 26 Mar 2014 at 8:47am

Hey guys, is that a drone in todays WOTD at Shark Island?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 26 Mar 2014 at 8:52am

Well spotted!

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 11:29am

Ben , apologies firstly .

Secondly check the date of my post , and perhaps 3-4 days prior to it
At the time i looked for 3 days to see if and where it made it into your page . I'll put it
Down to those pesky ( new site ) gremns again ..
I believe it is a photo of a sensitive spot .
Admittedly 98% of people who view this site wouldn't know where it is
. But if people are diligent ( many frothers with too much time on their hands
) , the photo's time of day & angle make it only possible to be in perhaps
Three spots in Aust . I believe I'm correct with the state , if you guys have knowingly
And known where then , tusk tusk ....
But IF not knowing , = worse ?!?
Anyway , stu's wrong and I dare him to go to the other place when it's on
And argue his point whilst he openly takes photo's infront of regulars .

Cheers .
PS nice bottom turn on ya selfie !!!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 11:38am

The WOTD images four days prior to the date of your forum post were from the Gold Coast, Shipsterns, Gold Coast and P-Pass.

The WOTD images four days after the date of your forum post were from the Gold Coast, Indonesia, Mid North Coast, Shipsterns.

So, I'm pretty sure I've got the correct image (you created this forum topic at 11pm the same day, so it would have been fresh in your mind).

And yeah, it's a sensitive location. But it's not in WA. And it was a photo of an empty wave with no geographical giveaways.

And to the best of my knowledge, this wave is mainly frequented by bodyboarders anyway.

leckiep's picture
leckiep's picture
leckiep Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 3:29pm

My 2 cents. Drawing attention to these spots (i.e. that WOTD or the Vicco spot on the other thread) when photos goes up just draws attention to the shots, which would have otherwise just passed under the radar like most other things. Forum comments create way more specific-publicity than the shots themselves ever would have!

Swellnet ain't Wannasurf (i.e. it's respectful), and neither of those shots are good enough to inspire the masses to scour them for details...

Like I said, my 2 cents.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 3:39pm

Ben ,

i'm not going to say too much more .

Are we talking about a left ? , was the photo taken in the Morning ?

If yes to both , then regardless if its the spot i thought it first was ( incidently as good as any i've seen ) or in a similar state . Then i think people could put two and two together. Maybe i've hung out & surfed with bodyboarders too much in the past. In which case i'll only lose face to many here, but if it means i surf somewhere off the beaten track more often then 8-).
lets not get too clever though , my main issue was its sensitive .

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 3:39pm

Agreed Leckie. I was just clarifying two points raised by Southey which were incorrect (previously raised in another thread, here).

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 3:41pm

Yeah it was a left Southey. But due to the position of the sun on the horizon, the photo would have had to have been late afternoon (not morning). That's probably where you got your wires crossed.

For what it's worth, we've run (unnamed) photos of the same location many times in the past. All of 'em empties too, just like this last one.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 4:31pm

leckie p ...

agree . but why post it ?
to inspire people " to keep searching " .... better they show a spot 300 deep , and remind people why the fuck surfing sux . this aint a popularity contest .... we are part of a community so to speak .... people shouldn't get on their high horse when people pull them up for whatever .
take it on its merits .... we are a consumer and a participant ......

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 4:32pm

Let it slide Southey, you know how these things work, the "stink" draws more attention than the actual photo.

FWIW, that pic of yours in Bloggers Waves looks mighty familiar, that sand hole in the front holds some v nice KG Whiting doesn't it ?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 9:19pm

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 4:42pm

Southey, so how do you propose we set a threshold, regarding what images can be posted and what can't? Keeping in mind that the decision making process (for each WOTD) usually takes a few minutes, and is often done in the pre-caffeinated moments before dawn every day.

Seriously, I've had WOTD images on Swellnet since about 2005 (or maybe before, I can't remember when I kicked it off). That's in the realm of nine years, or more than three thousand consecutive daily WOTD images (all of which have been shit-hot, if I don't say so myself). And that's not counting the thousands of galleries we've also run, plus a ton of images on Facebook.

I really think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 4:49pm

last words on both .
no syd , i only post photos that are generally unoticable to even regulars to the spots . i wouldn't call one of them a secret by a long shot .
3 people on this forum might know where they are . 2 from actually knowing me on FB .
even then i doubt they know where . As for KG's there are some in the area , but never seen anyone fish that hole . as for sand i'd say its transient .

maybe 4 people outside

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 4:51pm

ben i'm sorry ignore me .

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 4:55pm

To the bulk of punters we are speaking in tongues, everyone else KNOWS where EVERY locale' is.

One of the other Bloggers pics is more obvious (there's a cave involved), but again let it slide, no harm done.

C'mon mate, we've had some good chucklles about WOTD in the past, even amidst an ensueing maelstrom. Stu and Ben are respectful of such subtle pressure points IMO, and where else will you get a perso to perso response from the Eds

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 5:14pm

one particular day craig posted ( cheekily mind you ) a well cropped image of a spot that had pretty much almost single handlely melted their server with traffic after " someone " started sharing it with everyone , and then wanted to go on even further and show a wave not disimilar to Liftargos' right , off an island .

BTW sid part of one cave collapsed recently ?

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 5:17pm

aw for fucks sake Southey, stop giving it oxygen, and stay off social media yourself, including loading ANY pics at all, if it bugs you so bad. C'mon mate you're bigger and better than this JED-isphere BS.

BE WARNED : The JED-isphere is contagious, if you get to the point where your trying to avoid them, you've actually joined them, and its time to get out.

Chill man, get back to the Tunes thread with some Bob Marley twisties.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 5:19pm

sorry , just ate a snickers ...

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 5:35pm

So anyway back to this joint in Victoria Southey, how do I get there? :)

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 5:44pm

lol, ha ha ha. You're cool Southey. Beats living it as a permanent state of mind.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:09pm

goofy ... i don't know what your talking about ? *0*

Brisbane Band produced " sich Ofnen " ....

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:08pm

Ah well, no harm in asking

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:12pm

Ya reckon no one could pick it southey, be careful, shit might fly down a billy's place.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:14pm

Goofy, Victoria is south of New South Wales, hope this helps.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:16pm

morri ,

pick the left I uploaded ... it doesn't matter its not a secret , scoring it like this might be though .
BTW , no cheating from PB . as i changed the link title ... ;-)

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:20pm

sid , i'm not sure that hint even helps me ??? Also i'm perplexed with the KG comment . maybe we are talking about different photo's .

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:24pm
morris wrote:

Ya reckon no one could pick it southey, be careful, shit might fly down a billy's place.

wrong photo morris , and you've overloaded the hints .
i said that shatners photo was TOO explicit. besides goofy's younger , he won't know billy , probably only Timmy .

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:28pm

Ahh bullshit Southey, it s ALL secret down there according to some. Dig this, once was "told" that King Island was part of "their coast".

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:33pm

Cheers Sid, at least im in the right state!

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:39pm

Correct. And for the record, King Island is in the ocean, half way to Tassie.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 6:42pm

FFS . sid the left is not vic or tas . what morris is talking about is .
sid , the first guys that i heard of to surf KI were fisho's out of boats that left Port Fairy / Apollo Bay to fish down the WC of Tas . You could possibly throw in Lorne aswell , but i think most likely the first two . i work regularly at the airport that serviced the island primarily . What i'm saying isn't gospel but i wouldn't doubt their claims ....
my mates mum was born there i'll ask ....

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 7:03pm

Whooppee chook shit, doesn't make it part of "their coast".

But see what you've done Southey, uploaded pics on social media, then started bitchin' about pics on social media. Where it is/isn't, I don't give a fuck, thats your shit, but don't eat the apple then squeal about apples being eaten.

Now you have a stink. Same as it ever was. Back to you, all yours. I'm off to the wood chop.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 7:08pm

Whooppee chook shit, doesn't make it part of "their coast".

But see what you've done Southey, uploaded pics on social media, then started bitchin' about pics on social media. Where it is/isn't, I don't give a fuck, thats your shit, but don't eat the apple then squeal about apples being eaten.

Now you have a stink. Same as it ever was. Back to you, all yours. I'm off to the wood chop.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 7:53pm

Look out southy, your heading for step 3, I'm about to draw my gun.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 8:39pm

Nice work Southey..not only did you start the topic..argue the topic, got all cryptic(as you usually do) then end up spitting it out anyway!!FFS who are you JS or Uppiy??

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 9:15pm

barley the topic that i started was a million miles from where we are now .

again if anyone can tell where my photos of then i'll stop posting on here all together .

no they and even guys that regularly surf the waves can't as i've had mates who surfed around the same spots that have asked where that photo was is of ....

swellnet and myself claim to be " honest " and show discretion . as friends not enemies I'm reminding them of this and many other people i like conversing with . i don't care what others want to do and say about kongs island or whereever . but if its a spot that i've targeted for empty surf and people aren't careful in posting photo's which aren't give aways then . yes i will remind them .
its fine to remind people to not give a subject oxygen , and i would like to think i agree . when someone goes on to remind that person again of oxygen then starts off on another tangent then thats more fuel . but as long as people are not too open , then write an essay for all i care .... again i may as well shown photos of mars for what i've contributed to the " downfall " of wherever .
Shauno , step 3 is that from the lifestyle thread or code of conduct .
if the first ( alright you've got me , I'm gonna turn the joint into a million dollar tourist mecca ... so ironic ) .
and if the second , last time i checked it wasn't illegal to remind people including the bosses , that step 8 is a priority .....

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 9:20pm
thermalben wrote:

Southey, so how do you propose we set a threshold, regarding what images can be posted and what can't? Keeping in mind that the decision making process (for each WOTD) usually takes a few minutes, and is often done in the pre-caffeinated moments before dawn every day.

Seriously, I've had WOTD images on Swellnet since about 2005 (or maybe before, I can't remember when I kicked it off). That's in the realm of nine years, or more than three thousand consecutive daily WOTD images (all of which have been shit-hot, if I don't say so myself). And that's not counting the thousands of galleries we've also run, plus a ton of images on Facebook.

I really think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

yeah maybe , must have been a rare NW wind in summer ....

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 9:34pm

You're a cunt, I'm infinitely disappointed in you

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 27 Mar 2014 at 9:49pm

calm down billy , and crawl back down in ya hole .)

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 12:20am
southey wrote:

yeah maybe , must have been a rare NW wind in summer ....

Christ, you just can't let it go can ya? For the last time, the photo is not from West Oz. Here's a clue: neither is the photographer.

Would you like a signed certificate of authenticity from the photog to hang on your wall?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 1:12am

think about what i first wrote ... sun position .
obviously the NW wind is the wind direction not a reference to WA ;-)
i'm going to let you know where i'm talking about privately .

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 5:35am

I still don't know what you're talking about. NW is devil wind at this joint. And was the image taken in summer? I dunno.. it could have been taken many months before.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 6:36am

Well I reckon you're talking crap Southey. If it ain't where I think it is, which I doubt, and you reckon it ain't a sensitive spot, give disclosure of locale' to prove us wrong. I ain't gunna say where I reckon it is cos not allowed - your's & their rules, not mine.

This is where things go astray, someone did similar not long ago. Nah Nah its not there they squealed. but it don't matter cos now its full of speculation and intrigue and conjecture. Ultimately, its gotta be somewhere so really what's the diff ?

Spare me the my pics cool but that pics not, this spot's sacred but that spots not, I can't be fucked living my life that way.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 12:01pm
thermalben wrote:

I still don't know what you're talking about. NW is devil wind at this joint. And was the image taken in summer? I dunno.. it could have been taken many months before.

right it was taken whenever .... if the sun was setting in summer the wind is NW , winter then it was NNE .... you forget that you can continue to look at it , i on the other hand saw the photo for about a minute ( PS , my memory of said image was that the wind was getting into it a little , which is inevitable for where i thought it was ... i'm not trying to bust your buttons , i'm trying to plead that we think twice .

sid , the day that " left " shot was taken a state title was decided at the exact same spot ..... is that mainstream enough for you ...... i'll email ben and get him to tell you , then we can all take a good long rest and marvel at my stupidity .;-)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 12:37pm

No stupidity there Southey at all, personal things get personal :)

Quote Shaunriso "You're a cunt, I'm infinitely disappointed in you"

Lifes amasing.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 12:51pm

Nothing personal about it, it's the internet so I don't exist

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 1:15pm

Sorry Southey, no state title has been decided at that wave, and probably never will be..

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 1:31pm

hahahha ....
this is good now .... because even the particpants are confused .

craig . I'm discussing a photo you guys put up with ben , and the wave sid is talking about was the left i uploaded in " bloggers " thread ....

i emailed ben about both , now if even you guys are confused then what next .....
mayeb shauns right , i'm just a robot clogging your threads ... in that case uppy is the mainframe .
welly its not personal , no matter how many emoticons people put on posts on the internet often context , and purpose is lost in translation .....
the smiling assassin ....

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 1:39pm

Haha, ah, OK, came in late. All good.

mick-free's picture
mick-free's picture
mick-free Friday, 28 Mar 2014 at 3:48pm

I'm going there in April - can someone send me directions to the left??

Southey if there is a similar wave in WA I'm real keen too - as long as its not taken over by boogers as well.