OFF TOPIC ...

southey's picture
southey started the topic in Sunday, 16 Feb 2014 at 5:11pm

The thread with no Aim , Context or Meaning .

Generally every other topic ends here , so I'll start it at the end ....

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Wednesday, 10 Sep 2014 at 9:05pm
uplift wrote:

Gung ho Angie Takanami, awesome story. Courageous use of your talents. Strong lady.

So many 'projects'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmlD-MEBwDc

Courtesy of western intervention, of the 'enlightenment', 'advancement', 'science'. Makes you cringe when you read about the poor surfers, those dealing with the loss of their dog, or losing their sponsors, unable to get a good price for their 'crop', having a fight with their girlfriends, missing a swell, missing the shot of the day, losing their heat.

There's even worse than that though, horrific stories of enduring anguish, the incredible suffering, yet, the brave battlers just fight, and fight and fight, extreme courage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2747661/Duchess-Cambridge-trea...

But, they've dealt with even worse.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/10/queen-s-james-bond-clip...

Yes, the west will shine a light onwards, thank God for advancement, for 'science!'

And as tone drops to his knees, on behalf of his loyal subjects, building on the genius, there's this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kf9ZF1NLXQ

60,000 years... pppffftt. If only they were us smart as us. Don't they know what those blocks are worth? Where's their queen anyway, or a corgi? Let us build a school, and educate you suckers! At least let us peer review you! Lucky they are good shots.

shaun wrote:

Hey Zen, lived there for a few years, well worth going but not for short time. Pm me for more info,.It's not as cold as it used to be. Mick the very best seal point is nothing to write home about, lot of frothers live there.
There's a bit more than a thousand people live there, did you notice all those coloured people that live just south of kitchen windows?

Discuss...

Somehow the uncivilised arse end of Australia harbours two of our most liberal thinkers!

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Wednesday, 10 Sep 2014 at 9:15pm

Haha, I mean, here we have two specimens who are often found ramming heads. Yet somehow, they share the same sentiment at the deepest of their hearts. People should be given respect equally around the world. And they both search for and highlight the hypocrisy of their own group (assuming Shaun's white haha). Not for glory amongst the inner city latte sippers, but for the guidance of their fellow surfers.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 12:00am

Morris aka Sean has never forgiven me for publically flogging, butt kicking, floor mopping and humiliating him, and effortlessly shattering his dreams in the epic, famous swellnut 500.

Page 10/11, but a warning, for those not used to graphic scenes, its ugly watching the pathetic crumble.

http://www.swellnet.com/news/surfpolitik/2013/05/28/bringing-back-biff-s...

Joel Eugene Slater-Burrows's picture
Joel Eugene Slater-Burrows's picture
Joel Eugene Sla... Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 1:43am
uplift wrote:

Morris aka Sean has never forgiven me for publically flogging, butt kicking, floor mopping and humiliating him, and effortlessly shattering his dreams in the epic, famous swellnut 500.

Page 10/11, but a warning, for those not used to graphic scenes, its ugly watching the pathetic crumble.

http://www.swellnet.com/news/surfpolitik/2013/05/28/bringing-back-biff-s...

Lifty, maaate, you need to be a bit more specific (as in page 10/11, comment number 13, line 25, words 56-102) as all I can see on page 10/11 in the epic famous swellnut 500 is morris publicly flogging, butt kicking, floor mopping and humiliating you, and effortlessly shattering your dreams.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 7:53am

Your right upshit, but morris has been counciled under the bridge and is starting to come good. You have an obvious advantage over most posters here by posting your manic long winded ramblings of which no normal person could read in one sitting without their eyes glazing over and falling over sideways .

I am white michvg, But on a small level I can relate too the coloured people of J/bay as in my own country the latte sipping FIFOFOMO surfer paddles to the inside of me as if I don't exist. Perhaps if I spent my life savings on a Patagonia wetsuit I could gain a bit of respect.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 9:03am

Between you two, with the Swellnut 500 trophy superglued to the bonnet and a patagonia wetsuit, I'm sure you could create a viral video to change the world for the better. I'm positive. I'll even hit like AND share on faecesbook.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 9:48am

I'll leave that one to uppity, I'm far to lazy to do anything else but surf in my spare time, it's the medication that keeps me on topic that drains me.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 10:37am

jes, that's a 1 + 3 = 29 style of conclusion.

mitchvg, I earned that championship trophy, for his own good, he needs to try and get his own. The long posts train him to concentrate for longer, obviously its beyond his comprehension, but he is reaping the rewards.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 1:11pm

I think Foyld, Sheepio, YS maybe TGF will take the 1000's to the limit in the Abbbbbbbott thread.

Ohhhh just a mo maybe BB, Sheepio might take it on the Climate Change........?

Stu, Ben or Craig an update of posts would be good.....;)

Maybe Udo is gonna win:)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 5:05pm
wellymon wrote:

I think Foyld, Sheepio, YS maybe TGF will take the 1000's to the limit in the Abbbbbbbott thread.

Ohhhh just a mo maybe BB, Sheepio might take it on the Climate Change........?

Stu, Ben or Craig an update of posts would be good.....;)

Maybe Udo is gonna win:)

Get a grip, sasquatch ;)..... Haven't been near climatechange for quite a while.....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 5:15pm

Fair call Sheepio, just getting a dig in there young fella.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 7:00pm

Wellymon...... Davetherave is the yowie.... He has a monobrow and a hairy back..... That day at 1/2 moon bay, I swear he looked like a silverback doing pushups.... ;p

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 at 8:39pm

The photo you put up of Rave .....!
He looked like a movie star surfing Ratshits.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 2 Oct 2014 at 10:13am

Keanu reeves with a mono brow.....

Why do tv stations show the winner holding up the cup, then show footage of "the game"..... Why not show the footage how it actually transpired....... That's what they used to do.

Chicks twerking their fat arses in gangsta film clips...... Stop it..... The music is shit and the dance moves are an embarrassment..... Rather watch a doco on the mating habits of feral cats......

Used espresso coffee granules are a great organic snail killer......

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 7 Oct 2014 at 4:23pm

With many raving lunatics dribbling all over many Swellnet forum topics over the last week or so I was just wondering if an extra large shipment of idiot pills have flooded the illicit drug market in Australia.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 7 Oct 2014 at 4:29pm

Haha Floyd great observation.
We can't all talk about the prime minister all the time.
If you know what I mean ;)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 7 Oct 2014 at 5:12pm

Total eclipse adding to the usual dribble arising from a nearly full moon.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 7 Oct 2014 at 5:25pm

Thanks for the heads-up Blowin.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 7 Oct 2014 at 5:26pm

It's that time of the month

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 7 Oct 2014 at 5:35pm

8pm AEDT tomorrow.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 7 Oct 2014 at 7:58pm

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 7 Oct 2014 at 10:01pm
floyd wrote:

With many raving lunatics dribbling all over many Swellnet forum topics over the last week or so I was just wondering if an extra large shipment of idiot pills have flooded the illicit drug market in Australia.

full moon fever alright floyd, just read the post about being the silverback- he is the gorilla that is chief griller of his harem and thanks welly, thats a lovely thing to say about me looking like a moviestar- should have gone to spectators!!!! off to howl at the moon, not sure to do the yowie yell, the gorilla growl or the wolf whistle though now- fuck i'm a complex unit!!!!!!!

salt's picture
salt's picture
salt Thursday, 28 Jan 2016 at 12:10pm
stunet wrote:

Todd Carney pissing in his own mouth.
Joel Monahagn getting a blowjob from a dog.
The Matt Johns group sex scandal.
Julian O'Neil and the Poo in the Shoe.

What a glorious game Rugby League is!

So now you can add another one Stu
Mitchell Pearce humping a fluffy little dog, and pissing himself.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Thursday, 28 Jan 2016 at 1:42pm

In relation to the recent NRL player facing scutiny, for me, these type of events always beg the question, was that a "mate" filming him, if so, why is it now in the media? I just don't get it. Has his "mate" just cost him his career, rightfully or wrongfully, bizarre stuff.....

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 28 Jan 2016 at 2:42pm

Rabbits68 wrote:

In relation to the recent NRL player facing scutiny, for me, these type of events always beg the question, was that a "mate" filming him, if so, why is it now in the media? I just don't get it. Has his "mate" just cost him his career, rightfully or wrongfully, bizarre stuff.....

'Zacktly Rabs. Put the act aside for a moment and try to understand why someone was filming, what they hoped to do with it, and how it got into the hands of the media.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 28 Jan 2016 at 5:29pm

I don't get it.

He wasn't IN the dog was he ?

Did he wee on the carpet ?

Why not just rub his nose in it ?

That's what we did to my dog when I was younger and he never wee'd on the carpet again...No matter how pissed he was.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 29 Jan 2016 at 2:58pm
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 29 Jan 2016 at 3:13pm
stunet wrote:

Good column by Malcolm Knox about Mitchell Pearce, social media, and The Outrage.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/mitchell-pearce-must-be-dealt-with-harshly--the-outrage-demands-it-20160128-gmgfw3.html

Some very valid points in that article. The "predictable response & outcome" is so true. Not a lot different to the way society/media has forced politicians to speak the way they do. Imagine if a politician called it how it was, oh the outrage!! A repetitive cycle for sure.....

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Friday, 29 Jan 2016 at 3:17pm

I'm not a fan or NRL and I am pretty clueless about the scene in general, but I'll throw these to bits in there for novelty sake:

My cousin keeps getting text messages meant for Wayne Pearce because his phone number is Wayne's old one (or something similar). Many journos texting him saying "it must be hell for you, but I will report whatever you want me to, I am here for you and Mitch"..

Other note is on how much media outlets pay for this kind of thing. A friend of a friend of mine was responsible for a photo of a particular footballer's face in a pile of powder appearing on the front page of papers. He was paid enough money to put a deposit down on a house. The temptation for people to go out of there way to film stupid things like this is high - in the tens of thousands of dollars high.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 29 Jan 2016 at 3:29pm

Fuck id have some fun replying by txt to those journos

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 29 Jan 2016 at 6:19pm

Loved that line about the goat.

Try and stop me from adding that to my , admittedly very limited , repertoire.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 29 Jan 2016 at 8:38pm

Pearce has flown overseas with his mummy for intensive rehab .