2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 10:58pm

www Greens extort $100 > Libs $500 > One Nation $500 > ALP $1500
Ya don't even get a jingle...just a chain of Hate Mail...
Tell a Lie! Libs have a beaut Flick the candidate from their seat game...check it out...going going gone.
Incumbents are meant to keep their seats rock solid...got sick of Labor trying to unseat them...Like this!
One Nation 21 part Cartoon series is actually pretty funny...100k views each episode.
So how is it that Clive can belt out a home cooked stalker Ballad for free...Not a whiff of a knock off!

Qldurr'z duty to uncover such dedicated mantra to their Leader...is it for real...does this band like Clive?
tbb will load the track...just the tune...No freak show! (Warning : Here's some more Blue & Yellow)
YouTube Punters : "Bangin' track > Shitty Party"...(That's good right!)

Ok! So we get the message...but why does this bloke love Clive so much? That we don't get!
Truth is the whole band actually loves the bloke...but how is this possible...seriously!
No band with any cred would write & perform such a personal love letter to Clive!

Even weirder is this band has cred & perform gigs often to adoring lively well pissed fans.
So what makes this bizarre marriage work...Ok! Exhausting & super boring it was...but tbb got the dirt.

Story starts with the Titanic..yeah right! Good one tbb...being serious here!
2013 Clive hangs out with the Silver Tops at O'Malleys Mooloolaba.
Takes a liking to resident Thursday nite Irish band "McGuiness & Co" (Later moonlight as Mooncoin)
Note the beefy younger lad is Dave Mannion ( Singer songwriter Guitarist / Electric Teacher)
Dave will mosey up to every muster you could muster up...Very well liked around Qld regions.
tbb is inferring the natural sound is as real as his love for Clive...yeah! About that!
https://m.facebook.com/buderimstreetparty/photos/gm.327570767408199/6749...

Ok! So Clive books these locals for a Titanic world tour...the works...Super rock stars...Posh Gigs!
Band even wrote a tribute Titanic track "The Spirit"
https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/from-mooloolaba-pub-to-th...

Here's a good look at 10 years of Irish Folk loving their same band at same Gig.
So the band have nothing but good words for Clive...World tour & back to Thursdays at Mooloolaba!
When you hear the track...it's a dead set loyal freebie ...no tricks about it...nuthin put on.
So that's why it sounds as warm & genuine as a meadow lea AD ...Luck of the Irish!
https://www.facebook.com/mooncoinband/

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 6:08am

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 7:11am
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

@ Sheepdog

The official Reserve Bank cash rate and The national unemployment rate are set numbers that change slightly over time and are very relevant to the job of being PM.

And it wasn't just one figure he didn't know but both.

The price of bread or fuel are not set price things, they vary hugely on brand or type of bread where they are sold, even fuel varies in price from unleaded, premium, diesel and from day to day suburb to suburb.

And not very relevant to being PM i doubt most people know the prices of bread of even fuel, you just buy them, generally the brands you know and trust.

So slomo also got the figure wrong for the cash rate ……. Big deal …….. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-11/albanese-election-cash-rate-gotch...

Nice try but the "Reserve Bank's cash rate is currently 0.1 per cent."

Thats the official rate and different to what banks then pass on, same deal with interest rates, what the banks decide to do is often a very different thing.

There is an official RBA set rate and then each bank has different home loan rates, off course we dont expect anyone to then state ANZ rate, Commonwealth rate, Westpacs rate NAB rate etc and then slightly different rates for different loans, obviously we just expect the basic set rate to be known.

Albo has already failed the first test, total train wreck of first day of campaigning and he has got it easy, he's the opposition leader just has to remember a few basic things, completely different to being the PM and campaigning where you are going into communities where many dont like you and try to get you on camera in gotcha moments which I'm sure we will see in weeks to come.

BTW. Off course ABC are going to make excuses for him they are pro Labor, always left leaning and they have no funding issues under Labor a Labor government being elected is in their best interest

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 7:14am

Did you bother to read the article indo ? “ The cash rate, as set by the short-term money market, as of Monday, was 0.06 of a per cent. “” That's different from the Reserve Bank's "cash rate target" which is currently 0.1 per cent. “ “ It was 0.01 per cent at one point. “. “ And there's no such thing as the "official" cash rate. “

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 7:28am

If you want to get technical its cash rate target, its still much better actually knowing this, than having no clue whatsoever, and not just on this but on interest rates too.

Two important stats that he had no idea about, i actually felt embarrassed for him trying to bumble his way through things, then latter trying to save face with a lame apology on why he is clueless, it felt like i was watching Biden.

"The cash rate, as set by the short-term money market, as of Monday, was 0.06 of a per cent.

It's the interest rate banks pay to borrow funds from other banks in the money market overnight.

That's different from the Reserve Bank's "cash rate target" which is currently 0.1 per cent."

Hot tuna's picture
Hot tuna's picture
Hot tuna Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 7:21am

More importantly than Albanese’s failure to know the unemployment rate is his determination to avoid pinning Morrison over his claims that it was Government policy , not Covid decimation of immigration, which led to the fabulous improvement in Australians finding jobs.

Albanese is so committed to continuing the Big Australia rort that he’s willing to give Morrison a free pass on his lies over the issue. Raising the topic of the detrimental effects of too much immigration is obviously such a taboo topic that it’s worth forsaking the chance of a possible Prime Ministership.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 7:30am
indo-dreaming wrote:

If you want to get technical its cash rate target, its still much better actually knowing this, than having no clue whatsoever, and not just on this but on interest rates too.

Two important stats that he had no idea about, i actually felt embarrassed for him trying to bumble his way through things, them latter trying to save face with a lame apology on why he clueless, it felt like i was watching Biden.

"The cash rate, as set by the short-term money market, as of Monday, was 0.06 of a per cent.

It's the interest rate banks pay to borrow funds from other banks in the money market overnight.

That's different from the Reserve Bank's "cash rate target" which is currently 0.1 per cent."

Yes indo as the article clearly says 0.1 is the cash rate target , so on Monday when both albo and slomo were asked what is the “ cash rate “ it was 0.06 so they were both wrong but nice try indo.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 7:52am

Nice try but the reality is Albo had NO IDEA on two important aspects of the economy.

Not one but two, how on earth could you go out there on day one of campaigning not knowing the basics???

FFS wake up dude your tripping if you think this guy is up for the job, in the same way your tripping thinking Ivermectin is some miracle Covid drug.

All the evidence points to both being close to useless.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 8:00am

Hahahaha back to ivermectin again indo , its ok mate I understand the pressure of the election is getting to you …….. just breathe

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 8:04am

6-A8-E1-CE4-808-C-4-A94-B8-FB-E29-DF0154-A6-C

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 8:08am

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 8:34am

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 9:15am

@Supa

This video sums up why I believe LNP will probably win.

https://m.

&t=135s

Obvious from some posters here that they buy 100% the msm narrative hook Line and sinker without any critical thinking skills applied.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 9:24am

Still waiting for the $500k answer how weak is Morrison to keep Trudge on life support?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 9:35am
I focus wrote:

Still waiting for the $500k answer how weak is Morrison to keep Trudge on life support?

You'll be waiting a long time and the media will not dare pursue it... They will be too busy getting gotcha moments asking Albo inane questions.....

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 9:53am
andy-mac wrote:

@Supa

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2wkGdGd59k&t=135s

Obvious from some posters here that they buy 100% the msm narrative hook Line and sinker without any critical thinking skills applied.

Yep, I have always said it is about the now.

SN doesn’t have a lot of critical thinking or a deep understanding of how elections work.

The clowns in here that post memes and little else, really have nfi. Nor are they prepared to even try and recognise how elections play out.

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 9:58am

Old dog summed things up beautifully with his comment (conveniently ignored by all the albo worshippers on this site) - 'Albo has more important issues to deal with like banning those disgusting gender specific words and dare I say racist words like white, plus banning homophobic misogynist racist childrens books to keep his core support base happy. Surely he is being bullied and victimized and should curl up into the fetal position.
Even I knew those answers, where the fuck has he been.'
If someone had asked Albo 'what do you call the gender-confused?' I'm sure he would not have been confused one little bit.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:02am
andy-mac wrote:

@Supa

. Yes Andy I fully understand why you believe this and its why slomo is making it a long drawn out campaign. I believe that most Australians have simply had a gut full of the continuous lies and BS . Again as I’ve said before, I don’t believe Albo is a strong leader but people are fed up with this current government. It’s not just the economy people look at , issues like climate change are close to the heart of young voters .The elderly are not on board with the Scott Morrison Party and his treatment of them will be his downfall. I can see more independent candidates doing well out of this and who they support will be interesting. Albo might not be the strongest leader but he’s definitely not full of shit like the current fraud minister. If labor lose Andy -Mac , enjoy your little wager but remember the older we get the 3 day hangovers are a bitch .

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:03am

Albo just threw the election away which looks like it was a good thing if he really is that dumb….or should I say dumb enough to be uninterested in important facts….The whole economies health is based on the cash rate and the unemployment rate….kind of important to know if you want to run it.
Looks like you boys are going to have another round of your bestie Morrison ….don’t worry he’ll probably grow on you…besides who would you whinge about if he was gone….it seems he’s the best of the bunch at present.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:04am
thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:07am

Also, I couldn't really care what former politicians think. Of course, Joe Hockey has a book coming out, hence the justification for the interview - but his opinion of the current leaders (of either party) is irrelevant IMO.

On another note, Sky News is the last place I would have expected this kind of Albo-endorsement to be aired.

https://twitter.com/QueenslandAust2/status/1513180692460752897

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:13am
thermalben wrote:

Also, I couldn't really care what former politicians think. Of course, Joe Hockey has a book coming out, hence the justification for the interview - but his opinion of the current leaders (of either party) is irrelevant IMO.

On another note, Sky News is the last place I would have expected this kind of Albo-endorsement to be aired.

https://twitter.com/QueenslandAust2/status/1513180692460752897

Christopher Pyne was also endorsing Albo’s character yesterday . Would love the potato to give his honest view of slomo .

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:20am
indo-dreaming wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QegWeM-eMd8

H

That’s it, @info posting dodgy conspiracy media links .....

@stu / @ben RELEASE THE KRACKEN (Viclocal)

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:20am

I agree with the irrelevance of ex-politicians opinions of today's leaders. This is most problematic with Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull. They love the spotlight and the attention media gives them when commentating on other people.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:28am

Loaf of bread is like a length of string ….$2 at coles for white ( makes good burley) all the way up to $8 spelt sourdough ( my fav) from a craft baker….not a relevant comparison ….actually a pretty stupid question.
Just face it lads Albo shot himself with the swing voters..

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:34am
flollo wrote:

I agree with the irrelevance of ex-politicians opinions of today's leaders. This is most problematic with Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull. They love the spotlight and the attention media gives them when commentating on other people.

none are more desperate for attention than Rudd.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:35am

Plibersek grovelling on TV for Albo's character this morning was pathetic.

No sign of the head mean girl so far

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 10:52am

Me thinks Optimist talking bread is a short bow from him launching into some parable about loaves and fishes ... heretic alert!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 11:04am
Constance B Gibson wrote:

Scott Morrison flies into a remote country town for a photo op. He asks locals if he can do anything for them.

"Well yes," says the mayor. "We have two problems. First, we have a hospital but no
doctor right now."

"Right," says the PM, who whips out his phone, talks for a couple of minutes, then says: "Fixed it. A new doctor will be here on Monday. What's your second problem?"

"We have no mobile phone coverage."

#LiarFromTheShire

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 11:18am

Ha ha! Oldy but a goody.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 12:19pm
GuySmiley wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QegWeM-eMd8

H

That’s it, @info posting dodgy conspiracy media links .....
)

Either your watching a different video to the one posted or your getting alzheimer's or something???

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 12:39pm
indo-dreaming]
GuySmiley wrote:
[quote=indo-dreaming
wrote:

'Spose you'll have to dispense with the charade that The Real Rukshan is a neutral journalist without an agenda.

Remember all those protest videos where he filmed street footage to provide unfiltered vision?

Yeah, all bullshit. Edited exactly as he saw fit.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 12:53pm

He clearly is a conservative and although i don't agree with all his views, I've never seen any conspiracy theory videos?

And the videos ive seen of protest are generally unedited often go live for hours.

The left absolutely hate guys like him and Avi, Jacinta price, Anthony Dillion etc though because it goes against their stereo type of how people of colour in their minds should think and feel.

The reality is most people of colour be it Asia, Africa, Middle east hold conservative views and values.

Being woke and a so called progressive is more a white thing.

jwithay's picture
jwithay's picture
jwithay Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 1:06pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

it goes against their stereo type of how people of colour in their minds should think and feel.

good f'n gravy. i promise i'll never respond to you again indodreaming as its probably best for the both of us but seriously...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 1:09pm

I don't have an opinion on his conspiracies, nor the woke thing. 

Just that people rush to him for a 'real' view of what's happening as the MSM gatekeepers are so beholden to agenda, but fuck me, after watching that vid you'd have to be a twit to think he's without bias. In fact, he's more prejudiced to one side than most any other outlets.

So what if his vids go for hours? He chooses what gets filmed. He's a gatekeeper like any other, the only diference is he doesn't answer to a code of ethics.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 1:45pm

You obviously haven't watched his longer length videos, they are more videos just showing the crowd from a pulled back unedited view point.

They showed what really was happening opossed to a 30 second MSM clip that takes isolated incidents or a couple people in a crowd and then tries to paint the whole crowd as this or that.

Thats why his videos in particular streaming became popular, because it showed the real picture.

The video i posted offcourse is put together to support a certain view point, i don't think.anyone denies that, although it is just showing two realities from offcial footage, one of what Albo wants you to believe and the other of recent reality.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 1:51pm

Nah mate, I think it's simply idiotic to believe someone who can post an abjectly biased video like that will also show 'the real picture'.

Never utter another word about MSM bias - you've all been hoodwinked.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 1:59pm
Supafreak wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

@Supa

. Yes Andy I fully understand why you believe this and its why slomo is making it a long drawn out campaign. I believe that most Australians have simply had a gut full of the continuous lies and BS . Again as I’ve said before, I don’t believe Albo is a strong leader but people are fed up with this current government. It’s not just the economy people look at , issues like climate change are close to the heart of young voters .The elderly are not on board with the Scott Morrison Party and his treatment of them will be his downfall. I can see more independent candidates doing well out of this and who they support will be interesting. Albo might not be the strongest leader but he’s definitely not full of shit like the current fraud minister. If labor lose Andy -Mac , enjoy your little wager but remember the older we get the 3 day hangovers are a bitch .

That is very true!!!

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 2:28pm

This is good, not a big improvement but it is an improvement:

'A re-elected Coalition Government will:

Invest $346.1 million to support families and support women in the workforce by creating Enhanced Paid Parental Leave. Up to 20 weeks of fully flexible leave will be available for eligible working families to provide increased choice in how they manage work and care. The Government is also adjusting the income test to increase eligibility and further support workforce participation.'

Is labor proposing anything about the parental leave? I can't seem to find any info on their website.

I can see that they timed their childcare changes to suit the electoral cycle. The current system is terrible, this change addresses some things.

'From 1 July 2022, additional support will be provided.

For families with more than one child in child care, the level of Child Care Subsidy will be increased by 30% – to a maximum of 90%. This will benefit around 250,000 families by an average of $2,200 per year.
The $10,560 cap on Child Care Subsidy will also be removed – benefiting around 18,000 families.'

But I still think labor is better in this space. https://www.alp.org.au/policies/cheaper-child-care

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 2:28pm

*of course

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 2:50pm

. And 3 + 4 is 8 isn’t it ? Oh no big deal anyone can make a mistake , unless your name is Albo

Cockee's picture
Cockee's picture
Cockee Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 3:05pm

Albo just announced his mob will reduce unemployment to 'under 5%' in his first term. He's got my vote.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 3:06pm

childcare subsidies useless if there are no spaces available. as rare as hens teeth around here.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 3:11pm

Nice try but you know he was inferring a trillion has 12 zeros…..and yes he knows the jobless and cash rates too….and even after saving everyone’s financial skins during a long and still current pandemic , floods and bushfires we still are only in debt 40% to GDP….something only a low taxing high volume turnover frydenburg will get us out of eventually…..and no matter whether you love or hate him , Morrison is the only one with the balls to call China out and the only one at present with any kind of brains at all…..slim pickings eh.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 3:19pm
goofyfoot wrote:

*of course

I'm quietly enjoying your struggle, GF.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 3:32pm
thermalben wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

*of course

I'm quietly enjoying your struggle, GF.

+1, keep up the good fight GF.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 3:32pm
bonza wrote:

childcare subsidies useless if there are no spaces available. as rare as hens teeth around here.

That's true. There are many issues with the system. Very expensive. $125 per child per day (before the subsidy) regardless of hours spent there or whether the child attended or not. One kid is somewhat ok but with 2 you start questioning the value of working full time while sending kids to daycare. Not much money left after paying fees (if any, some lose money) so many parents opt out of the workforce and stay home with kids.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 3:39pm

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022 at 3:48pm

@info and his fellow crew members of the SS Minnow like to label themselves "conservatives".

Off course (did the Minnow go) they would because its lazy and just plain inaccurate because we are all conservative +/- on anything and everything. For e.g. a person may be economically conservative yet socially progressive.

A far more accurate word for our lil buddy and his crew to use would be "reactionary" meaning people who oppose any political or social progress or reform. Sound familiar? Ya darn right it does both from the words and deeds of our do nothing federal government over the last decade and its muppet cheer squad here and elsewhere - never proactive always reactive .... bushfires, Covid (Quarantine, Borders, Vaccines, Aged Care, RATs), floods etc etc etc