So many surf magazines needing a new home....!

Womble123's picture
Womble123 started the topic in Wednesday, 20 Oct 2021 at 6:50pm

Chaps (and ladies),
I have collected avidly surf mags since about 2000. I subscribed to Surfer and Surfing (until they both went out of print) and have quite a few Tracks/ASL etc too. All boxed up and I was going to put on shelves - but life has changed and they now need a new home. Would love to sell them.... but would also swop for something interesting! Most are in good condition but all have been read. DM me if interested - and you have a bit of room!

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 22 Oct 2021 at 6:16am

Id like to but i dont have room. Bumping this to the front page.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 22 Oct 2021 at 7:46am

Good luck trying to sell them Womble. See Al Hunt for how surf mags are faring on the second-hand market.

I recently tossed out a complete collection of Transworld Surf, from the first issue to the last, because I couldn't even give them away. Yeah, it was a shit magazine, but still.

More recently, I gave away 11 boxes of doubles (SW, Tracks, Surfer, and Surfing) dating back to the 80s, though I managed to extract $260 on eBay for an almost complete collection of Surfer annuals dating back to '98 (their thick October issues), plus four various years of Tracks volumes.

The guy who won it was the only person to bid, and I think that tells you all you need to know about expecting payment. Might happen, but probably won't.

Womble123's picture
Womble123's picture
Womble123 Friday, 22 Oct 2021 at 10:27am
stunet wrote:

Good luck trying to sell them Womble. See Al Hunt for how surf mags are faring on the second-hand market.

I recently tossed out a complete collection of Transworld Surf, from the first issue to the last, because I couldn't even give them away. Yeah, it was a shit magazine, but still.

More recently, I gave away 11 boxes of doubles (SW, Tracks, Surfer, and Surfing) dating back to the 80s, though I managed to extract $260 on eBay for an almost complete collection of Surfer annuals dating back to '98 (their thick October issues), plus four various years of Tracks volumes.

The guy who won it was the only person to bid, and I think that tells you all you need to know about expecting payment. Might happen, but probably won't.

Yeah. I'm not really expecting to sell them. Rather give them to a good home than throw them out thou gh!

Womble123's picture
Womble123's picture
Womble123 Friday, 22 Oct 2021 at 10:27am

I do have almost all the annuals in that collection too!