ShitShine Coast - Your shitting on it!

spookypt's picture
spookypt started the topic in Monday, 8 Feb 2021 at 10:03am

For all those that read this post. Yeah Im phucken angry. If you own a dog and take it to the beach then yeah Im talking to you! If you travel up and down the coast and free camp - then yeah Im talking to you too! Sadly, 1% of you lot have truly fucked the place.

Surfed North Shore Mudjumba (outside bank river mouth) Sunday Am early. 4.30 am in the car park. 5 cars. On entry to the place I found this. Within the first 10 metres of the access track not less than 8 poo bags of dog shit either tied to the fence or sitting on the edge of the track. On returning post surf the place was a zoo. Cars people and dogs fucken everywhere. Behind my car...yep human shit with toilet paper on the edge of the road. I get it, its legal to have a dog and walk it on the beach, but since COVID the lack of respect, decency and care factor to ALL who use the beach has literally gone down the dunny. By 830 the pace just was swarming with me me me's and Im entitled too's but no one gave a flying fuck about the SHIT PISS and FILTH they were all a party too and seemingly turn than blind brown eye at it! There's plenty who have issues with house prices, work opportunities and just the general busyness of the SUNNY COAST but fair dinkum you dont give a fucks can go back to fuck off wherever.

I live north of this beach but fan dinkum if this was like this at my local I'd fair dinkum vigilantie the fuck out of the place. Why do the locals that live here (mudgy/Surfair etc) put up with this shit....I'm never going back. Fucken filth ridden piss smelling flogs.

Andrew P's picture
Andrew P's picture
Andrew P Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 9:39am

some people leave them there for their return. some people just leave them there....they're the people that ruin it for all.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 10:00am

Wow, that's terrible

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 10:11am

At least it's in bags... do the run between Juc and Bells or any of the nearby tracks...
There was one poo vigilante who was spraying fluoro circles around the poo for a while there (council job?)

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 10:13am

That’s inexcusable behaviour. Is there a shortage of bins?

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 10:39am

Nothing like flies and shitheads, carry a shovel (trowel), dig a hole, save a bag, save a dog the embarrassment of human stupidity. Dogs are the best people.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 10:41am

Maybe there is no rubbish bins?

Although what’s worse, having dog poo decompose naturally or adding more plastic bags to landfill that will never break down?

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 10:56am

Why would you leave a stinking poo in a bag to steam away in the hot sun so you can pick it up later while the rest of the world passes the stinking mass by? But maybe.
Yes there are bins. But again what happened to leave the beach as you found it and take ya shit away. Maybe thats what they do now. The find the beach covered in poo so they just keep adding to it? The problem with burying is the place is so over run with dogs that itd just be a poo dune covered in a bit of sand.
I surfed 10 k north of there a week ago. Again, 5am and some new locals were up and walking the access track to the beach with their labrador. Twice as I followed them their dog pissed on the walkway, obviously to mark its territory as other dogs had been there, so as we, the unsuspecting public, walk through it. The dogs owner then says "Morning, beautiful day".... If a grunt was equal to a blow of contempt then my grunt was 12 rounds of Mike Tyson bout. Fuck me dickhead my beautiful morning does not need to be laiden with your dogs fresh piss between my toes.

Yeah I know Im overly hyped on this issue..but fair dinkum Covid has turned what we enjoy into a toilet bowl and all these newbs think its justa great fuckin the place. Sadly the world is angry and I, despite my best efforts have joined the frey.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 11:37am

Aaaah irresponsible dog owners - don't you just love em.
My favourite is coming across a dog off it's leash in an "On Leash" area. The standard reply is that their dog is friendly and my standard reply is that mine might not be so don't complain when yours run up for a friendly sniff and loses and ear or two.
As for the poo bags weren't they good as hand warmers in some parts of the world according to a certain Swellnet member!!!

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 12:15pm

"Twice as I followed them their dog pissed on the walkway, obviously to mark its territory as other dogs had been there"

I understand being crabby about the poos, but mate, it's just dog piss. Settle down.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 12:09pm

Yeah it's getting worse and it's noticeably the new faces too. I was down a south end one the other week and on edge due to the poor behaviour of so many dogs/owners. Unfortunately those Stockland housing slums attract a lot of scum who's response to a polite inquiry/ friendly advice is mostly, "fuck off". I'm a dog owner and utilise the dog friendly stretches of beach, but can't say I'd be disappointed if council continues to decrease their availability, or, hire full time rangers to patrol the main areas and fine the fuck out of everyone doing the wrong thing. Creates some jobs too.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 1:14pm

Ha ha what's the circle around the dog getting a hose down about?????

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 1:19pm

Ha ha! It was -3 this morning Gary.

Desperate needs call for desperate deeds.

PS- I take mine home and dispose thoughtfully.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 1:37pm

"Ha ha what's the circle around the dog getting a hose down about?????'

Good question. To bring attention to the dog and it's owner's matching outfits?

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 2:01pm

I did keep it anonymous Zen - just in case.
Seems like you're a proud innovator though!!!
Is that 3 dogs worth or one exhibitionist dog.

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 2:06pm

Its another example of people not giving a shit. Its the attitude of dog owners thats the issue, not the dogs. Pretty sure they same mutt, on a on leash beach, was off leash and pissed on my towel a few weeks prior. But its just dog piss right?

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 2:09pm

The matching outfit thing I did find amusing ..but it was moreso to highlight that at that entrance they even have their own council supplied dog washing station.. No showers for beach users though. There is a tap behind the dunny block but they get the tax payer funded dog wash station or whatever the hell it is and yet they cant maintain in a simple way the cleanliness of the beach!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 2:56pm

Temperature Gary- temperature. -3 degrees here this am.

Curiently snowing off and on.

GreenJam's picture
GreenJam's picture
GreenJam Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 3:00pm

Good on you for raising this spookypt. What you describe for that beach/area is exactly what used to piss me off big time at the Stumers Ck area Coolum when I lived nearby. Man, the amount of times I stood in dogshit racing down the track for the pre-dawn... And the off leash dogs charging at you/jumping all over you. I ended up always carrying a sturdy stick with me on my dawn or dusk walks and did whack a couple of muts that got too close. That nearly ended badly with the owners, but fark em was my attitude, if they coudn't control their dog and I didnt want it on me it was fair game. And there'd been cases of people getting bitten so I wasnt taking any chances. Obviously they were pretty small dogs, thankfully I never had to fend off a big angry one...
I know many here will disagree - but unleased dogs on beaches sux, should be banned for human and wildlife safety

GreenJam's picture
GreenJam's picture
GreenJam Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 3:07pm

and I can only imagine Stumers has gotten far worse over the 6 years since I moved on, with how much busier/overpopulated the coast has become - anyone?

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 3:19pm

And the award for dumbf&*k pet owner of the year goes to:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/pressure-mounts-to-ba...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 3:22pm

The big issue around here isn’t just dog nuggets it’s the fact that it’s mostly national park and therefore off limits to dogs. Unfortunately some people believe that cause they love their pooch so much it’s classified as a family member and therefore exempt from the rules. Next minute there’s a dog foaming at the mouth and living it’s doggie dream of chasing herds of semi -tame kangaroos around the joint whilst it’s owner either panic chases the dog or sits smugly watching their pet with pride as it tries to dismember joeys. Letting them know that it’s a massive fine when the ranger catches up with them soon fixes that or there’s always the option of roughly picking up their dog and throwing it at them. ( Dog breed dependent)

Regards the dog nuggets ....Have you ever considered following the owner home and trying out a little Jim Carrey “ Me , Myself and Irene “ style revenge ?

happyppl's picture
happyppl's picture
happyppl Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 3:31pm

i once waited till he took his dog down beach and scooped it out of the barby area, and he watched it do it and i oied! him and he ignored me.
so i put it on top of his fourbys catalytic converter.
Also it should be legislated ALL wicked campers MUST have portapottis.
and all surf breaks have longdrops.

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021 at 3:48pm

GreenJam yes stumers is now in effect a dog owner only beach. It had a big flush out over the xmas break with the high tide swell pushing up into it....and 1/2 the town couldn’t work out why it got gastro and ear infections. Like Noosa, the sc is now being loved to death by me me me’s fomo blow ins who bring their poor table manners to what was an awesome dinner party all could enjoy. I thought this was Noosa centric but sadly it’s spread well beyond that place.
I’ve posted this because not because I hate dogs or their owners I hate how members of that group have simply fucked a diminishing paradise all had equal rights to enjoy. I’m not finished yet tho. Council and the paper is my next push. It’ll be dogs with nappies and muzzles at select beaches only once I’m done. Fuck it. They were warned!

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 11:01am

Council says leaving bags full of poo on beaches is classed as littering and those caught will get fined. They are increasing pootrols. At least theyre trying!
Hot 91 SC radio through Grantbroadcasters are doing a story on it. Apparently Im not the first to raise the issue. Interview happens Monday. Im generally an under the radar guy but something needs to get done.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 12:08pm

Paying attention now and noticed 2x long unclaimed baggies on fence wire locally on yesterdays walk: paging owners, paging owners to the walkway path! Quite a few turd mines on the track once more and one hound had left a mansize one on the beach just down from the steps...

spookypt the catalytic converter - evil retribution

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 12:47pm

I reckon you'll find that the poop bags are more than likely being left behind by one or two serial offenders. Humans are creatures of habit and I'm hypothesising here but I reckon it would be the same person/people, same time, day in day out. Most dog owners are responsible, it's usally just the one or two that tarnish the rest. The thing is they're well aware of what they do, that's why It's very difficult to catch them in the act.

Just in front of my house I have a nice view of the ocean and some nice overhanging trees that people park under. There's one or two people who always leave their litter behind, same place, same type of litter. I'm sick of picking it up and I have an idea who it is but I've never been able to catch them in the act. But, I'm a patient handsome man and when I do they're in for a good ol' fashioned chewing out and not in a sexy way.

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 12:36pm

Update - I spoke to a dog owner who said he often left a bag full of poo up in the dunes and after his pooch walk he'd return, pick it up and dispose of it?? yeah sure. Maybe? . I cant get my head around it though as surely a nice warm turd in ya pocket to remind you of the pleasing community responsibilities of dog ownership, would be a frank reminder. (plus its an offence and you'd be fined if caught!)
BUT WAIT - Also informed on Saturday that ALL Dogs were to be banned from that beach due to the bird hatchery/rookery. Not sure if true as a RE agent told me..(A 1st perhaps) but even if true, the pressure the rest of beaches will now have to suffer is equally alarming. Amazingly post media article there seems to be quite a push for dogs to wear Nappies. Phuck I'd be a proud dog owner if that happened. It may well stop the tools bringing their dogs to the beach full stop!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 12:46pm

That's what I do. Old mate always empties his bowels early in proceedings, so I whack it in the little bag and sit it on the beach to fetch on the return trip.

Always early morning, and the only other people around are surfers or fishoes so no harm no foul.

GreenJam's picture
GreenJam's picture
GreenJam Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 3:23pm

just catching up on this thread again now Spookypt - well done on your persistence I say. You did the radio interview? If so, is there a recording/link, I'd be interested to have a listen.

in my experience, most that say they'll pick it up later dont. I observed many, called many out, and copped the usual fark off or similar.

my suggestion, if you are onto a serial offender, watch and wait and smear that shit all over their windscreen. They'll get the message

happyppl's picture
happyppl's picture
happyppl Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 3:45pm

nah, gj thats rude wot if kids etc involved?
catalytic converter's better, heat sterylisers it sticks then they clean up at home...simple and civilised.

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 4:09pm

GreenJam, yeah mate, did it on Monday with Miranda Cook from GrantBroadcasters.

Ive emailed her to see if she can send me any links to any media she produced. I think it may be a bit early as she may not have "aired" it all as yet but once she sends me the link/s I'll def post here.

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 4:14pm

Well its a drop in the ocean but its something.....(This is nothing to do with my attempt to expose the issue just something adding to the over interest)

https://www.miragenews.com/northshore-beach-temporarily-closed-for-509176/

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 5:26pm

I remember as a 13 year old grommet in the late 80's one of the big attractions of surfing was just the laid back carefree nature of surfers, i remember thinking how cool it was that surfers generally tradies just let their dogs loose running free on the beach while they were surfing, it was a cool atmosphere and seemed to work fine at the time, i guess i even saw it as a part of surfing culture and im kind of sad things have changed so much.

But yeah i get that things had to change and it's no longer realistic, the coast is so much busier now with people and other beach user, but wow this thread is still an eye opener on how much things have changed among surfers.

Personally as long as people pick their dogs crap up from the path or beach ive got no issues. (dunes i dont expect people to pick their dogs crap up from)

I havent seen the pick up the bag of crap thing latter thing down here, but as long as people actually do come back and dispose of it, i cant see any issues.

Any i guess we should all be happy to have these first world problems.

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Thursday, 18 Feb 2021 at 8:29pm

I may have your comments all wrong so apology in advance but I don’t think things have changed amongst surfers at all. We love the beach but hate it’s abuse. If we don’t speak up now... who will?

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Thursday, 25 Feb 2021 at 10:08am

Well its not the front page of the Australian and it is somewhat of a 1st world problem but its still a problem and at least I had a dig. As the wise men say "The standard you walk past is the standard you accept! RESPECT THE BEACH!

https://www.hot91.com.au/news/local-news/111998-anger-over-increasing-do...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 25 Feb 2021 at 10:29am

Well done spookypt , you have given some awareness to problem which will give council some work to do and hopefully people wake the fck up and stop trashing the beach , surely a very large bin that council can empty regularly would do .

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 25 Feb 2021 at 10:33am

Onya Spooky.

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Thursday, 25 Feb 2021 at 11:45am

Yes spook good work!I have a 5min walk through a park to a nice little beach south of Adelaide in a surfing reserve.I've been amazed over the last 5years at the sheer volume of dog shit not picked up,the dog shit in bags that has been picked up to then be left on the ground.The number of empty plastic bags blowing around in the sand dunes is also wrong!
I love dogs but the number of times an unleashed loose mutt charges up barking mad at me and the kids are numerous and i find it good to always have a few rocks in me pocket.
The number of times i see unleashed dogs chasing sea birds is barbaric.I know the council has rules but they're hardly ever enforced.
Was down at this beautiful beach and watched an unleashed dog run up and piss all over this family's picnic basket and blanket.It looked like a nice spread.The picnic lady ran up and down the beach furiously asking"Is this your dog?!"
There is one dog free beach i know of in the area and thats a nude beach,which is probably for the best.Naked people and dogs,yuck!!
I would like to see more dog free beaches available.Send them to only a few beaches and dog parks.
I spent some time in California and where we lived,the Monterey bay was turned into a marine sanctuary.With the new classification some changes came about,good changes.Jet skis were ban!Dogs were also ban.In a short amount of time it obvious to beach goers how nice it is to go to the beach with out dog shit everywhere.

GreenJam's picture
GreenJam's picture
GreenJam Thursday, 25 Feb 2021 at 3:10pm

I find that closure timing strange - so it will be ok to disturb the birds on Saturdays and Sundays, but not Mon-Fri?

GreenJam's picture
GreenJam's picture
GreenJam Thursday, 25 Feb 2021 at 3:16pm

thanks for the link spookypt. Good work. Let's hope the offenders get a bit more considerate.

happyppl's picture
happyppl's picture
happyppl Friday, 26 Feb 2021 at 10:33am

troppo d in a previous post thats the place i put bag and poo on top of his catalytic converter, ignored my oi! so waited till both on beach and done it

mowgli's picture
mowgli's picture
mowgli Saturday, 27 Feb 2021 at 12:56pm

I wonder how much a Poo Patroller costs versus the council setting up some wildlife cameras and having a work experience kid go through it. That's what they do in known illegal waste dumping locations. $60 camera versus a few thousand $$$ fine.

You can see a poo patrol bloke a mile away. The public thinking that there are hidden cameras, and they could be anywhere, will have most correcting their behaviour.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 6 Mar 2021 at 4:54am

A2-DAEB5-D-D49-B-444-D-A24-F-56-DABFA0-D70-E

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Monday, 29 Nov 2021 at 4:30pm

Lazy inconsiderate wa.kers, that's all it is to it

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Tuesday, 30 Nov 2021 at 3:09pm

Thanks udo. It was all in vain for me and I tried, I reeeeallly tried. I did what I could as a 1 man band but the me me me's of what is now the New World Order of SunshineCoastarian Blow ins and "their rights to enjoy a shit filled beach with their pooch". So now I simply get to the beach at sunrise, surf, kick what random dog and their owners I can find and leave before all the dicks rock up and shit all over it.....and repeat. I own a dog and its doesnt go to the beach as I dont want others to have to smell its wee and poo. I guess they call that "thinking of others" rather than doing what I want at the behest of others. Its all me me me up here these days so I just gave up.

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Tuesday, 30 Nov 2021 at 3:36pm

North sunshine beach = dog shit alley.

spookypt's picture
spookypt's picture
spookypt Tuesday, 30 Nov 2021 at 5:09pm

MonkeyBoy sadly its every alley from Bulcock St Caloundra to Noosa North Shore. I'd love council to ban dogs from the beach for a year/ever. Just to let the place go back to what it was...but it'll never happen. Way too many itsallaboutme's here now for that to occur.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Tuesday, 30 Nov 2021 at 8:01pm

Spot on lads. And how's this as a perfect example of a complete and utter wanker fucking blowin that doesn't get it and never will. Fuuuck right offf.
https://www.sunshinecoastnews.com.au/2021/11/28/southern-migration-to-su...

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Tuesday, 30 Nov 2021 at 8:35pm

Holy shit Sprout. that moron is actually going on the record with that spiel.?
I'm absolutely speechless.
We're all doomed.
SodoSopa ,