Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 8:49am
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

How’s Burleigh this morning burleigh ? I had some good ones at D- bar first light , was talking to some guys that regularly surf snapper on the full moon, not many out at 2.00 a.m.

It would have been ok on the high, but its a human soup right now. I surfed a nearby beachie which was fun,

Burleigh What does its a Human Soup right now mean ?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 10:55am
udo wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

How’s Burleigh this morning burleigh ? I had some good ones at D- bar first light , was talking to some guys that regularly surf snapper on the full moon, not many out at 2.00 a.m.

It would have been ok on the high, but its a human soup right now. I surfed a nearby beachie which was fun,

Burleigh What does its a Human Soup right now mean ?

Kinda like alphabet soup but with humans,

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 1:01pm

Cam Rewinds.......
Porky Pie Soup .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 1:13pm
udo wrote:

Cam Rewinds.......
Porky Pie Soup .

Look back anyday over the school holidays at high tide. Its a human soup. our maybe udo vomit is more appropriate.

The weekend was the single fin, so of course not anyone out.

Shouldn't you be scrolling on those conspiracy websites you hate so much?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 1:35pm

Comp- Sat Sun.
Human Soup Monday : -]

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 1:33pm
udo wrote:

Comp- Sat Sun.

Well done. Now we’re getting somewhere

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 4:27pm

@etarip , what do ya reckon ? I’m doubtful the sub deal will go ahead , dutton is hoping it will . https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/secret-briefings-triggered-us-se...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 10:35am

George Pell
good riddance Cnut

belly's picture
belly's picture
belly Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 11:04am

Yep

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 11:07am

Private or state funeral??

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 11:43am

Hopefully cremated with cigarette burns

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 12:09pm

“In Australia, he made several appearances at the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, which ultimately found he knew of sexual abuse by the clergy but did not take adequate action to address it, ”

Suss cunt lived far too long imo. Piece of shit

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 12:15pm

?

Our ex PM sticking up for a child rapist.... Nice.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 12:57pm

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese says the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is making arrangements to have the remains of Cardinal George Pell returned to Australia.

He said a service would be held at St Mary’s Cathedral at a future date.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 1:03pm
udo wrote:

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese says the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is making arrangements to have the remains of Cardinal George Pell returned to Australia.

He said a service would be held at St Mary’s Cathedral at a future date.

What a fucking joke.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 1:15pm

One of the Catholic Church’s best advertisements for what they stand for. Plenty of room in Heaven for Pell… a few Hail Marys and some confessional time fixes everything.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 1:30pm

I don't believe in an afterlife but rot in hell pell you discgraceful cunt.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 2:15pm

One of Pell’s greatest moments was on the ABC’s Q & A. I think he was talking about the choir or something similar.

Pell. Uum aar yes well um we prepare the boys for…
Audience. Boooooooooo and laughing away…
Pell just glared incredulously at them all.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 3:12pm

I wouldn't normally laugh at someone dying, but i pissed myself when i heard of this piece of shit kicking the bucket this morning on the radio....and not a day too soon. Scum.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 3:22pm

Hopefully his death was painful and slow.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 3:41pm

Look who’s made today’s court list.

. https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/courts-law/police-charge-a-m... https://inqld.com.au/news/2023/01/11/prominent-person-charged-with-2021-...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 3:51pm

The ‘honourable’ tony has the gall to describe pell as a ‘saint for our times’ ?

Wtf ???

A war criminal glorifying a pedo.
Disgraceful.

You can see in the eyes of pell - he has an absolute overwhelming level of arrogance…

- there is unmistakable denial and an unconscionable lack of empathy only reserved for corrupt liars who are able to operate and behave in a manner beyond the law, let alone as a representative of a religion that proposes love and compassion and trust.

No forgiveness necessary.

https://m.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 4:20pm

Haha ;)
Gold udo

- bout time u pay your tax georgie boy

https://m.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 4:44pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Haha ;)
Gold udo

- bout time u pay your tax georgie boy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XN-EnjnwrSA

That’s the one. Dawkins was loving it.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 4:58pm

Like a script from a Python film-
https://www.abc.net.au/qanda/religion-and-atheism/10661470. click on “Transcript” for the full version

How is he going to deliver the answer?
“ TONY JONES: Okay, let's go to the Cardinal. The question was: how can there be a compassionate God who is all powerful and has created us and yet we suffer. Why create such a world in the first place?

GEORGE PELL: I think that is probably the hardest question for us to answer.

TONY JONES: Do you struggle with it?

GEORGE PELL: Yes. If I get a chance to say to ask a question when I die I think I will ask the good God why is there so much suffering?”

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 7:25pm
Supafreak wrote:

Look who’s made today’s court list. https://twitter.com/robertarnol/status/1612950899315572736?s=46&t=z_3JVX.... https://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/courts-law/police-charge-a-m... https://inqld.com.au/news/2023/01/11/prominent-person-charged-with-2021-...

This post may have got lost in the Pell topic, its been a day of scumwits , pell , BL and tate

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 8:30pm

Looks like the death of G Pell is the unifying force that swellnet needed.

And the lions shall sleep with the lambs and all that.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 8:58pm
etarip wrote:

Looks like the death of G Pell is the unifying force that swellnet needed.

And the lions shall sleep with the lambs and all that.

Amen to that Etarip. The happy clappers from the religion page have been very quiet which is a little concerning.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 10:26pm

What can be said about Pell that hasn’t been already said. A day of reflection and compassion for all those poor children who suffered in silence. Pell was a deeply flawed yet exceedingly ambitious religious leader whose conservative and unquestionable faith allowed him to simultaneously ignore the sexual abuse of children by priests while cultivating his influence over AU political conservatives and PMs like Howard and Abbott. Look no further than Pell’s relationship with Howard as the starting point for the current infiltration of religious RWNJs in the LNP. Evil personified.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 12 Jan 2023 at 8:02am

From Chatgpt-

Who is george pell

George Pell is an Australian Catholic prelate, theologian, and convicted sex offender. He served as the Archbishop of Melbourne from 1996 to 2001, and later as the Archbishop of Sydney from 2001 to 2014. In 2018, he was convicted of child sexual abuse in Melbourne, and was subsequently sentenced to six years in prison. He is the most senior Catholic official to be convicted of child sexual abuse.

Write me a joke about george pell

I'm sorry, but as a responsible AI, I do not generate jokes that may be considered offensive or hurtful, I can help you with any other inquiry.

Write me a joke about adolf hitler

I'm sorry, but as a responsible AI, I do not generate jokes or any form of content that is disrespectful or offensive towards any CD individual, particularly those who have been responsible for causing immense harm and suffering in history. Let's find something else to talk about, if you have any question feel free to ask.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 12 Jan 2023 at 12:32pm
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 12 Jan 2023 at 12:52pm

And about time

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 12 Jan 2023 at 1:17pm

“We should never forget that predator brothers and priests were systematically moved around, knowingly, as part of a strategy."

That is a core part of Pell's legacy.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 12 Jan 2023 at 1:18pm
GuySmiley wrote:

What can be said about Pell that hasn’t been already said. A day of reflection and compassion for all those poor children who suffered in silence. Pell was a deeply flawed yet exceedingly ambitious religious leader whose conservative and unquestionable faith allowed him to simultaneously ignore the sexual abuse of children by priests while cultivating his influence over AU political conservatives and PMs like Howard and Abbott. Look no further than Pell’s relationship with Howard as the starting point for the current infiltration of religious RWNJs in the LNP. Evil personified.

GuySmiley. You nailed it, my thoughts also. Pells body is not even worth composting, fucking scumbag. Howard, Abbott, Menzies, Scomo and all the other fuckwits of that cohort are all the same.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 12 Jan 2023 at 1:23pm
andy-mac wrote:

https://twitter.com/HonTonyAbbott/status/1612967462643040256?

Our ex PM sticking up for a child rapist.... Nice.

The Honourable Tony Abbott, meh, says who Tony, who ?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 12 Jan 2023 at 2:40pm

Stained.

324439488-2589041127901030-4719792953457574576-n

Stuart Lickspittler's picture
Stuart Lickspittler's picture
Stuart Lickspittler Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 10:08am

One for Howard, Abbott, Bolt, Henderson, Divine, and all the other bedfellows.

And as for that other scumbag Brucie, SF...wow! Who'd a thunk it?!

They're something seriously fucked about these people.

Ipso facto...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 10:39am
Stuart Lickspittler wrote:

One for Howard, Abbott, Bolt, Henderson, Divine, and all the other bedfellows.

And as for that other scumbag Brucie, SF...wow! Who'd a thunk it?!

They're something seriously fucked about these people.

Ipso facto...

Banality of evil....
About time the Church's started paying taxes....
Catholic church, Exclusive Brethren, Pentecostal Churches. What good do they offer society, except hide evil shitfuckery. Not having a go at religious people but the institutions need a clean up and some transparency as well as paying taxes...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 7:30am

Now that the government has decided not to pay the cost of bringing pell back to Australia maybe Andrew Bolt or little Johnny Howard could pass the hat around .

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:13am

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/jan/14/cardinal-george-p...

All that really needs to be stated is that this disgusting human aided the rape of children. Any politician offering condolences and paying tributes such as Howard and Abbott etc are really tarred with same brush and demonstrate what horrible human beings they are.
Did not know it was even suggested that the Govt would pay for his body's return. Yep let the non tax paying Catholic church pay for it...

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 9:07am

Looks like the Dominic Perrottet Nazi costume expose is linked to proposed pokies reform - inside leak from his own party.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 10:16am

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/law-crime/2023/01/14/the-child-... The child abuse cases for which George Pell was never tried

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 12:43pm
Supafreak wrote:

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/law-crime/2023/01/14/the-child-... The child abuse cases for which George Pell was never tried

Just read this article, sickening.
Same paper has quote by Andrew Bolt. "Let Catholics remember him as a man, flawed but holy, martyred by pagans to pay for their sins. "

Is Bolt referring to the children who were raped and had their lives destroyed by this man as the pagans? Many who are now dead.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 6:04pm
andy-mac wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Same paper has quote by Andrew Bolt. "Let Catholics remember him as a man, flawed but holy, martyred by pagans to pay for their sins. "

Is Bolt referring to the children who were raped and had their lives destroyed by this man as the pagans? Many who are now dead.

Andy-Mac, Supafreak, love ya work.

How any positive comments can be applied to Pell is truly abhorrent, sad and really unbelievable in the face of all those who suffered and are still indirectly suffering.
I’m still astounded today as to how anyone who holds a higher position in a religious context compared with ya basic parishioner, gets held in high esteem by society as some kind of ‘do gooder’ or person whom we should respect. I give them nothing, its the greatest bluff on earth.
Don’t get me started as to how many people globally have been sucked in to follow The Pope. What a joke !!!!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 9:30pm
AlfredWallace wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Andy-Mac, Supafreak, love ya work.

How any positive comments can be applied to Pell is truly abhorrent, sad and really unbelievable in the face of all those who suffered and are still indirectly suffering.
I’m still astounded today as to how anyone who holds a higher position in a religious context compared with ya basic parishioner, gets held in high esteem by society as some kind of ‘do gooder’ or person whom we should respect. I give them nothing, its the greatest bluff on earth.
Don’t get me started as to how many people globally have been sucked in to follow The Pope. What a joke !!!!

@Alfred
I visited my mum today who still buys The Australian ( for puzzles and film reviews only haha, she is in her 80's) and Greg Sheridan, Gerald Henderson and others are writing emotional beautiful pieces about the great honourable man and how he was victimised by the pagans over at the ABC.
Quote Greg Sheridan, " He was an immensely good man. And I loved him."
Well Greg , that says more about you than him... Fark....
Truly sickening

philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 7:58am
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 9:29am

Poor old molly has really lost it , does he believe people would find him entertaining ? The next morning when he sobered up and looked at this footage would have been entertaining.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 10:21am

Looks like a plastic bag full of ricotta cheese.