How to get to Indonesia this year (2020).

bigredcouch's picture
bigredcouch started the topic in Saturday, 20 Jun 2020 at 8:43am

Swellnetters,

There must be some way to get to Indonesia this year? Can you jump on a boat from Darwin? Can you fly there on the pretense of something other than surfing? Gotta be something...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan commented Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020 at 10:52am

sure does

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming commented Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020 at 4:11pm

"North Sumatra to restrict access to Nias Island following surge in COVID-19 cases"

The North Sumatra administration is planning to postpone all air and sea travel to and from Nias Island, closing down the famous tourist destination in the province following a recent surge in COVID-19 cases.

North Sumatra Governor Edy Rahmayadi conveyed the plan during Monday’s meeting with the North Sumatra Legislative Council (DPRD), adding that he would ask the Transportation Ministry to suspend all flights to the island as early as Thursday. “The coronavirus was carried there by visitors to the island,” Edy said in a statement on Monday.

“A month ago, there were no suspected COVID-19 cases on the island. Now, 90 people have tested positive.”

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/09/15/north-sumatra-to-restrict...

Please Stunet give me an ignore button for Talking Turkey, Shatners Basoon, Dale Cooper, Factotum, Pupkin, and any new fake profile he decides to create.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot commented Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020 at 6:05pm

This guy surfs O.C how I dream of surfing it.
So good

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFErJXeBb4i/?igshid=cv59ilc2t2c

Stu or Craig maybe you could edit this so the image comes up instead of just the link?

Purplepills's picture
Purplepills's picture
Purplepills commented Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020 at 8:18pm

Cavy fishing youtube has not had a worry.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo commented Thursday, 17 Sep 2020 at 1:10pm

Today the Bukit is on again....Large
fuck what a season !

dudette's picture
dudette's picture
dudette commented Thursday, 17 Sep 2020 at 1:17pm

Does anyone else think that the huge reduction in CO2 in the atmosphere due to COVID has changed some global weather patterns. This winter on the East Coast of Oz, Indo and Jordy posted on Instagram about South Africa being of the chain. Just a thought.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak commented Thursday, 17 Sep 2020 at 1:56pm

I was in indo last year for 6 weeks June July and it didn’t get under 4ft (Overhead )

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak commented Thursday, 17 Sep 2020 at 1:59pm

I was in indo last year for 6 weeks June July and it didn’t get under 4ft (Overhead )

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming commented Thursday, 17 Sep 2020 at 4:29pm

"Cavy fishing youtube has not had a worry."

Cool never seen this guys videos https://www.youtube.com/c/CavyFishing/featured

looks like he is at HT's.

Interesting videos as you don't see many videos on guys fishing in Indo outside of Bali especially outer Sumatran Islands especially guys that know what they are doing, most westerners/surf camps/resorts there just mostly trawl lures and locals although catch heaps of fish are also limited in there fishing techniques as just use hand lines

Ive really wanted to get a fish finder/GPS over there and start doing some serious bottom fishing and jigging with decent sized jigs etc

As this video shows IMHO there is a lot of untapped potential

His other videos in the area are also cool even the novelty stuff in fresh water ponds etc

Please Stunet give me an ignore button for Talking Turkey, Shatners Basoon, Dale Cooper, Factotum, Pupkin, and any new fake profile he decides to create.