Telos Board

cgrover's picture
cgrover started the topic in Sunday, 16 Feb 2020 at 11:27am

Going to the Telos mid August and trying to get the quiver organised. I'm a 60 yr old Have a Quiver Killer 6 2 and a 6 5 Sweet Spot 2 so have an all rounder and a board if it gets bigger but looking for something in between. Looking at a few boards like Pyzel Phantom, Lost Crowd Killer , JS Monsterbox. Any suggestions especially from those who have surfed the Telos.

Barrel Daithwaite's picture
Barrel Daithwaite's picture
Barrel Daithwaite Monday, 17 Feb 2020 at 11:22am

Haven't surfed the Telos but I have a Dylan Predator for the big days, have surfed it in various places in indo goes great as a quad.

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref Monday, 17 Feb 2020 at 12:07pm

I've got a Phantom which I use as an all rounder (up to about 5ft or so) in Indo and it's a ripper of a board. Haven't been to the Telos though.

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Monday, 17 Feb 2020 at 12:11pm

Where are you staying?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 17 Feb 2020 at 12:44pm

Best board for Telos is your everyday board you ride at home in shoulder to head high surf, waves generally speaking are softer and more playful than most Indo waves, unless you want take on some of the little more fickle hollow waves.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Monday, 17 Feb 2020 at 3:41pm

I found in the Ments my normal short board goes all the way to 8 ft because of the better conditions even surf breaks like Icelands to solid 6 ft without too many issues.

Just got to add a couple extra paddles before launch

Here in WA I would use a setup for the same size

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Monday, 17 Feb 2020 at 7:02pm

What indo said....same boards you use at home

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020 at 12:06pm

Boat trip leaving Padang to Telos and Hikanos

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020 at 12:09pm

Thanks guys i have an older V3 rocket which doesn't quite fit the bill of a full on shorty but might do the trick. Thanks to all for the suggestions