Mexico - Trip advice

Critter's picture
Critter started the topic in Friday, 4 Oct 2019 at 3:02pm

Howdy,

Keen hear anyone's experience on Mexico for a longboarding trip. Heading over in May 2020 with the girlfriend who rides a mal so after some long cruisy waves.
We've got a month so can move around but probably keen to base ourselves somewhere for a couple of weeks at least. Have had a look at Playa La Saladita which looks like good fun...

Cheers

Deeznutts's picture
Deeznutts's picture
Deeznutts Monday, 30 Dec 2019 at 11:47pm

Look at sayulita area. Cool town and area I hear. Enjoy

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019 at 12:13am

Agree with Deeznuts, Sayulita is also close to Punta de Mita and the Bahia de Banderas where there’s a few good mal waves. And San Blas is pretty close if you get a good south swell. Looooooong right hander. So yeah....Sayulita, good option.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019 at 1:04am

Oh yeah
Especially if you’re with your girl. Don’t travel at night, don’t travel at night, don’t travel at night, don’t travel at night, don’t travel at night, consume your drugs where you are and don’t travel with them, don’t travel at night and just as a general precaution, don’t travel at night.

Deeznutts's picture
Deeznutts's picture
Deeznutts Thursday, 2 Jan 2020 at 12:29pm

Good advise. Don’t travel at night I agree with.

Critter's picture
Critter's picture
Critter Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020 at 5:42pm

Thanks for the advice - will avoid travelling at night...

I think we’ll base ourselves in Sayulita for a couple of weeks and go from there down to Playa La Saladita.

Any thoughts on car hire in Mexico? Horror stories or all good?

Cheers

joesydney's picture
joesydney's picture
joesydney Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020 at 6:39pm

I sat at San Blas getting eaten by friggen insects waiting for that place to break....arrghh nightmare. ( I heard some construction means it does not link up anymore)
Pascuales though - what a place! Barrels all day and party in Tecoman, may not be the best place for a longboarder with a GF :-)

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020 at 10:11am

Good luck, there’s a few waves in the Sayulita/Punta de Mita area. A couple of real crackers if you get swell and go looking.