Surfing Fiction Feedback

bryonsurfer's picture
bryonsurfer started the topic in Friday, 1 Feb 2019 at 12:44pm

I'm a bit of a wet-behind-ears newbie when it comes to the short forum style of writing, but wonder if this is the right place to post chapters of a surfing book I'm penning to see if the internet thumbs up or mocks it. Or is that stupider than taking a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time?

Does anyone else have any surfing based writing they'd like to discuss and get feedback on? Maybe we can fire up a group because it would be great to know if people think it's shit, needs work or is worth a look. Just one raised hand and I'll pop up the first few chapters for the most eye watering of scrutiny. Got to do something productive during this flat spell.

Ardi100's picture
Ardi100's picture
Ardi100 Thursday, 7 Feb 2019 at 9:40pm

I'd happily have a read.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 Feb 2019 at 9:47pm

I’ll give it a look see , with pleasure. Thanks for putting your hand up to stimulate us.

Do you honestly want genuine feedback ?

Better brace yourself then.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 7 Feb 2019 at 9:53pm

Not sure I would go there byronsurfer. I have written a lot of fiction over the years and have sold a few things to various surfing magazines over the years. My experience in getting feedback is that it is much better to find a couple of people whose judgement you trust and listen to them. I would be happy to read it. I will ask Stu to pass on my email if you prefer to go that way.