Big oil don't surf

Underdownunder's picture
Underdownunder started the topic in Thursday, 4 Oct 2018 at 1:59pm

So big oil don't surf
But they provide you with energy to fly to Indo, drive your car, fill your BBQ, heat your house etc etc.
Happy to take advertising dollars while filling up all sorts of tanks.
Hypocrites much?
Not in my back yard please but someone else's is fine ay?

Underdownunder's picture
Underdownunder's picture
Underdownunder Thursday, 4 Oct 2018 at 2:00pm

Bait set

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 4 Oct 2018 at 8:41pm

Bit of NIMBY happening ?

Underdownunder's picture
Underdownunder's picture
Underdownunder Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 8:41am

Find it amusing that swellnet take advertising dollars from anti oil brigade yet use their products everyday.
How many Swellnet workers have electric cars and use wind to get to their overseas destinations.
Just remember the deep-water horizon catastrophe was caused by number crunchers and beuracrats not some weird unkowen random event.
Oil is climbing again and if the price is right they will drill in the bight.
Just keep those white-collar crims in line and all should be fine.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 10:21am

Far as I can see it's not anti-oil, it's anti oil drilling in the Bight. Location specific, and with reason.

Not sure your justification for Deepwater Horizon makes the catastrophe any more comforting.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 10:23am

What about the rosegal add on the sidebar underdownunder ?that might suit you more? I think they might make pants for men also. Give you something to shop for after your 12 hr shift on the oil rig perhaps

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 10:28am

There’s no shortage of oil in the world.

OPEC have just managed to settle their little cat fight and capped production in order to bolster their profit margin.

Why open up one of the few remaining pristine locations on Earth to possible ruination, just to let some foreign company with no intention of paying their share of royalties to Australia get a slice of the pie ?

And if you think it’s reassuring that Deepwater only occurred due to bean counters cutting corners .....you think that there won’t be bean counters involved in this operation ?

Your argument holds no water.

Ash's picture
Ash's picture
Ash Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 11:50am

I live in SA and I've signed the petition. Just booked flights to Bali for 2019 and don't feel any guilt, same for driving the car. I get your point that there's jobs and wealth with oil drilling in the bight, however if not for Patagonia getting the petition up and highlighting the environmental damage that may occur if things go south, then who? ( well done Patagonia ) After a disaster all the experts will emerge and tell us the obvious and the all too late promises of doing it better and the back peddling from polllies and CEO's won't fix FA, so I'm happy that I've got a chance to have a tiny say in something like this and I hope that no foreign national company gets chance to fuck it up......but that may be wishful thinking. I'll add that in this state foreign companies own our water and electricity supply, the steel plant in Whyalla, the construction of subs and ships at Port Adelaide and the Tesla back up battery, there's probably more and it's the political culture of today to get anybody to come in and do it for us. Some are good for the state and some just rip us off badly, but it's not re-assuring when it comes to environmental management on an enormous scale in this back yard.

P'tai's picture
P'tai's picture
P'tai Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 11:51am

Bait set? Still catching the same fish

Ash's picture
Ash's picture
Ash Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 12:14pm

That's fishing for you, try going for a surf if you're bored.

Underdownunder's picture
Underdownunder's picture
Underdownunder Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 3:00pm

Why not cry about all the drilling off the norwest shelf then?
The Bass straight?
The argument saying there is enough oil already is like saying the world has enough food.
It's your fault the govt Dosnt get enough royalties. Pack of chumps and Muppet's running Australia.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Saturday, 6 Oct 2018 at 6:51pm

Not chumps and muppets udu, liars, thieves and parasites. They know exactly what they are doing.