W.C slayed

barley's picture
barley started the topic in Saturday, 11 Feb 2017 at 12:15am

Whats happening over there? One of The most underground, core spots in oz..now the most advertised, instaframed, bragbooked place in oz to surf..what have we come to?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 2:22pm

The Brazzos are coming !

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Saturday, 11 Feb 2017 at 4:15pm

Where ya talkin' about, cobber?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 11 Feb 2017 at 4:34pm

Certainly is

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 4:16pm

And the fighting fit Brazzos are on there way !

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 4:23pm

jeez, i'm so glad i live in sydney where i can get good waves without too much hassle.
it sounds like hell everywhere else. fanning dropping in on everyone in northern NSW, and now WA or SA is gone by the sounds of it.

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 4:29pm

We'll always have the Bukit...erm

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Friday, 2 Jun 2017 at 1:11pm

"One of The most underground, core spots in oz..now the most advertised, instaframed, bragbooked place in oz to surf..what have we come to?"

Instagrams ! An app for finding secret surf spots .
Insta"famous" or "desperate for likes" :
So desperate they'll sell you the local surfbreak that other people share . Theyll collect the fame credits and pocket it.
Trash magazines & trash instagram .
It is a plague .
Anyone who speaks up and protests is outnumbered by hordes of instafag fakes .
the 'most love hearts' wins

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 2 Jun 2017 at 10:46am

♥♥♥

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Friday, 2 Jun 2017 at 12:41pm

Happy with the 3 likes ! thanks zenagain

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 2 Jun 2017 at 1:49pm

That's how I meant it Clam.

I agree with you 100%

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Friday, 2 Jun 2017 at 1:55pm

You can Find nearly every surf break in the world on insta but some of them get overdone i think !

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Tuesday, 20 Jun 2017 at 2:51pm

Count the amount of clips coming out in the next few weeks/months..guys from wqs, xwct, bigwave freesurfers just to name a few..

Clam's picture
Clam's picture
Clam Tuesday, 20 Jun 2017 at 5:01pm

Really barley ? How do you know ?

timcosh's picture
timcosh's picture
timcosh Tuesday, 20 Jun 2017 at 6:54pm

So true. Selling it's soul for fuck all. If you travel. Travel light. You stand out like a pack of flies festering and fighting for the next bit of moisture to be found. It's not hard to do. It just takes a bit of composure, self regulation and self control. How you fit in with your environment anywhere is something you will be rembered for. Why bring a crowd, why promote great spots. Ripper or non ripper. Are you an ego driven self serving soul. Your imprint on the world dosent need to be larger. If you love the coast so much move there. Do it right or fuck off. In 100 years from now no one will give a fuck about you or I. Some foot prints are bigger than the boot being worn. A little care goes a long way. Pro or weekend guru. There are now 4x4 tracks in new places. Plants being ripped out and burnt in fragile conservation declared areas. This and rubbish is being left by by surfers. Surfers who in any bar or any crowd claim to represent the epitome of coastal guardians. How fucken hard is it to pick up your own rubbish. Tins don't burn and beer bottles break. Wtf wake the fuk up. Your country deserves better. Locals and aboriginal people of the region want you to understand there's more to these area than surf. Impact effects everyone. What you exploit you destroy. You a representing your understanding of a region each time you engage with it. Why not leave it as it is so it's as good if not better when you return. Enjoy it don't blow it.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 20 Jun 2017 at 7:17pm

Tim - great post . I like your turn of phrase and your sentiments are those that really need repeating . Try some paragraphs though - it was beaten into me by a resident task master and it's allowed me to expand my writing into ....well ,into paragraphs.

Wish the bastard had offered more advice to be honest.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Doesn't mean we're in love.