Wetsuits quality...

zeta's picture
zeta started the topic in Saturday, 28 Nov 2015 at 12:59pm

So I bought a Ripcurl flashbomb 8 months ago and surfed on average 2x a week with it.

First of, I always rinse my suits, never leave them in the sun, never cramp them into small spaces. Hands down I am taking good care.
Today I took it of the hanger, and saw that the glue totally failed (see image below).

Couple of mate I go surfing with, they never rinse their suits.. leave them in the sun.. and they last longer..
Any idea on how to prevent this in the future? Or is it just luck based?

[ img ] https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/v/t1.0-9/12246758_1094... [ /img ]

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 29 Nov 2015 at 5:00pm

4mths warranty left......take it back
big failure area...bad batch of glue....or bad gluer ?

zeta's picture
zeta's picture
zeta Sunday, 29 Nov 2015 at 5:05pm

brought it to my local shop, and the dude said he has never seen anything like it before.

Seems like they forgot the glue or something... Yeah warranty will have to do it.

Still a bit pissed that it happens after such a short time..

zeta's picture
zeta's picture
zeta Sunday, 29 Nov 2015 at 5:05pm

brought it to my local shop, and the dude said he has never seen anything like it before.

Seems like they forgot the glue or something... Yeah warranty will have to do it.

Still a bit pissed that it happens after such a short time..

VICLB's picture
VICLB's picture
VICLB Saturday, 16 Jan 2016 at 7:02pm
zeta wrote:

So I bought a Ripcurl flashbomb 8 months ago and surfed on average 2x a week with it.

First of, I always rinse my suits, never leave them in the sun, never cramp them into small spaces. Hands down I am taking good care.
Today I took it of the hanger, and saw that the glue totally failed (see image below).

Couple of mate I go surfing with, they never rinse their suits.. leave them in the sun.. and they last longer..
Any idea on how to prevent this in the future? Or is it just luck based?

[ img ] https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/v/t1.0-9/12246758_1094... [ /img ]

Totally agree, FB is a kick ass suit but build quality is a let down. got mine in may 14. putting it on my heal tore it... and seams starting come apart. i had a billabong solution I bought in 2002 lasted till summer 2013 before it really started to let go... going to cut the arms short on my FB and use it in summer. i was disappointed on the materials... but suit was bloody warm and dried out real fast.

so moving away from rip curl... VG winter 4/3s?