thanks swellnet

thebeard's picture
thebeard started the topic in Wednesday, 11 Nov 2015 at 4:59pm

I was looking for this asher pacey vid as I'm thinking about trying a twinnie (vid here: http://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2015/08/10/asher-pacey-tw...) and then found myself going through all these great articles, pictures and video that lighten up every day I'm not in the water.

Thanks Ben, Craig and all the wonderful people at and contributing to Swellnet. Pretty impressive list of articles if you start trolling through!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 11 Nov 2015 at 6:24pm

Thanks TB! Appreciate the nice words. 

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 29 Jun 2023 at 7:05am

I reckon taking a moment to give kudos to swellnet is a great idea. I'd start by complimenting how it looks, functions and feels. Where most sites don't feel dissimilar to a Homer-designed website, swellnet has maintained a sleek, classic and timeless dignity. Like what we thought the internet would be when we first realised the possibilities. Before it became normal to stuff fluff and likes and socials and ads and feeds and content-for-content's sake into the corners of everything. Thanks swellnet crew for many years of fun and forecasts!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 29 Jun 2023 at 7:34am

Yep agree!
Thanks Swellnet. Keeping it real with great articles, excellent forecasts and interesting divergent conversations on forums.
Good to check-in throughout the day for surf conditions, what's been said and putting in my 2 cents in some of the forums..
Bring back Ding Alley and it would be perfect. :)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 29 Jun 2023 at 8:25am

I was thinking the other day about Swellnet and Covid at the time the main Covid threads were hot and many whinging they should be shut down and there was a decent argument both ways

But now its done i think Swellnet need credit for finding that right balance of allowing everyone to have their say and view and not being over the top in censoring and shutting down views or discussion like many platform's or media did.

Because with the beauty of hindsight much of it wasn't black and white, and many things that were seen as being true didn't end up being so true and some things that people were saying that could have easily been censored as misinformation ended up holding truth.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 29 Jun 2023 at 7:06pm

Never quite sure how to respond to these comments without feeling conceited, and I know Ben feels the same - neither of us are good at receiving compliments.

That said, cheers to all of you.

And ID, yeah, it was a shit time for all of us, and we struggled to find the right path amongst the minefield of opinions and pressures. In hindsight, it feels like we largely got it right for the reasons you stated.

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref Thursday, 29 Jun 2023 at 8:48pm

Yes, thanks gents. Early starts getting the dawn reports out, Craig having his foreys up by coffee break time, Steve doing the comps, entertaining and thought provoking content etc.

Appreciate it. Cheers.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 30 Jun 2023 at 10:35am

Thanks Swellnet. Excellent content, informative forums(fora) and special mention for the MP daily surf report...long may he/she misdirect

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 30 Jun 2023 at 1:51pm
stunet wrote:

Never quite sure how to respond to these comments without feeling conceited, and I know Ben feels the same - neither of us are good at receiving compliments.

That said, cheers to all of you.

And ID, yeah, it was a shit time for all of us, and we struggled to find the right path amongst the minefield of opinions and pressures. In hindsight, it feels like we largely got it right for the reasons you stated.

Yep, you got it right. Thanks for letting us have fun.