Half-cut & stoned

monkeyonboard's picture
monkeyonboard started the topic in Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 12:58pm

Have you ever been out half-cut or stoned? how was it? how did has go out in the surf? haha

Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 2:20pm

bodyboarding at third ramp - well lit - it's a yearly tradition

rees0's picture
rees0's picture
rees0 Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 2:56pm

Drunk = dangerous
Blazed = bliss

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 4:27pm

In my yoof I've surfed drunk or stoned many times. Usually still drunk from the night before and always regarded an early morning surf as a great way to shake off a hangover. In my smoking days as par for the course, I'd punch two cones before paddling out. Wave enhancers we'd call them but I'm obviously not the first person to coin that phrase. It never really ever seemed to affect my performance. I've also surfed tripping on LSD and giggling like a school girl on ecstasy. Acid was the hardest but doable.

All of that stuff I don't do anymore but a few years ago I had a sly choof before paddling out. It was terrible, my wave judgement was hopeless and I ended up having a terrible session. These days I like to be clear and bright as a button and allow the waves to provide the thrills.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 4:36pm

LSD best ever to surf on ,gives you so much paddling power ,all day and if you don't freak out and become one with nature , you will have the time of your life , but getting pissed , alcohol does not mix with sport.

Zen will you please stay away from those giggling girls on ecstasy !

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 5:01pm

No worries Sharkman, easily done. These days they stay well and truly away from me:)

I'm lucky though, fortunately for me my gorgeous wife suffers from bad eyesight and low self-esteem;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 17 Sep 2015 at 10:51pm

Drooping some liquid, Smoking some DMT, whilst injecting Heroin swallowing a couple of Valium and rohypnol at the same time having a vodka on the beach goes real well.
Then try and find ya surfboard .. :)

Good fucking luck !

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 2:40pm

Left handed ciggies before surf or snow was standard for a few decades. Never inhaled though.
All growed up and to paranoid about losing my job to bother these days. Cuply shrooms while surfing is pretty fun, just dont gobble handfuls. These days im happy with a double shot of coffee before paddling out.
Jeez welly you need some help, maybe you could glass in one of those whistle for your keys things into your boards so you can find them after your off chops.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 3:18pm
inzider wrote:

Left handed ciggies before surf or snow was standard for a few decades. Never inhaled though.
All growed up and to paranoid about losing my job to bother these days. Cuply shrooms while surfing is pretty fun, just dont gobble handfuls. These days im happy with a double shot of coffee before paddling out.
Jeez welly you need some help, maybe you could glass in one of those whistle for your keys things into your boards so you can find them after your off chops.

Yeah was only kidding;)

But yeah would have to say as well Inzider, had awesome times surfing P bay south of Duno's on the Liberty caps, so much fun that was and awesome waves as well.
Yeewww

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 4:48pm

surfing Cloudbreak on tons of fijian bushweed and rum hangovers. it's fine. But you ned tk be ready for punishmenty

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 5:00pm

Late May last year, 5 days into a full week of unseasonably warm offshores and surf hovering in the 6ft range in the desert.

Pretty surfed out and about 5 Coopers Sparklings and a coupla spliffs down, grabbed the rods for a fish off the cliffy headland looking over the mellow left in the bay.

We lasted all of 5 minutes watching empty perfect 3-4ft lefts breaking right in front of us before we couldn't stand it anymore and had to go surfing again.

Paddled out and me and my mate fell into this amazing sync and flow with the most vivid and electric sunset with glassy overhead left walls, so in touch with what was going.

Come the next arvo/evening we tried to replicate it but alas, the magic wasn't there. Was one of the more memorable sessions under the influence. Mind Blown!

Had others that have been absolute shockers.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 5:35pm

freeride76 wrote:

surfing Cloudbreak on tons of fijian bushweed and rum hangovers. it's fine. But you ned tk be ready for punishmenty

So that was you Freeride? "Fucking Mercury!"

Hope you scored at CB.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 6:42pm
freeride76 wrote:

Nice work Longtom.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 9:24pm

Big Winki at Fairy Bower on acid. What was I thinking? Is thinking the right word? What friggin' planet was I on? The first wave was fantastic but it went bad after that, ripped the leg rope plug out of one board so it was smashed up on the rocks, snapped the other one clean in two.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 24 Sep 2015 at 9:53am

Valium and alcohol are the worst, surfed pretty sizey guillos (nsw south coast) last a few years ago on a small amount of xanax...and rode a shitty board with too much concave. On hollow waves bigger than 3 ft it would bounce and lift off halfway down, right where you need grip. But the xanax didnt help either.

Surfed on speed a couple of times, that seems to work the best if you keep thinking about the waves and not get into a convo with anyone. Surfed 5-6 foot Taboo, on speed and the surf just kept getting better all day and i felt like i could make any barrel or pull moves exactly as they came to me in my head as soon as the opportunity arose. Surfed well into dark. But i hate that shit now, horrible dirty drug.
The next day he surf was still good but i felt like dog shit, still surfed but wasnt the most coordinated surfer either.

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Thursday, 24 Sep 2015 at 12:09pm

I don't like to ride short boards on any substances like Zen said, I like to be straight when I paddle out cause getting a few fun waves is the best high.

I will give an exception to longboarding though. Long-boarding a nice long right at any of the many north coast points after a scooby is by far one of the best activities ever. And I always wear a leggy ;)

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Thursday, 24 Sep 2015 at 10:02pm

i was surfing by myself once until another fella joined me. Made the usual greetings had a bit of a chat and then he told me not to put my hands in the water, he then pulled out a doobie and a lighter from a waterproof bag thingy and we shared the joint out the back and have been good mates ever since. We only smoked half of it before it fell apart all wet but I appreciated the gesture.

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Thursday, 24 Sep 2015 at 10:05pm

Also the first time I ever got stoned was on weed I found floating around in the lineup in and old black film container.... Score.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 25 Sep 2015 at 4:12am

I suppose you really only get stoned on weed eh;)

How did ya know what to do with it!
Finding some kind of green plant leaf substance in a black film canister floating around the ocean.

Like!

Did someone tell you how to roll a joint, make a bong, put your grandma's best hard heated mild steel knives on the stove and crack an old school glass milk bottle bottom off from the bottle for suction ...?

You really do surprise me Sickaz...

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Friday, 25 Sep 2015 at 7:39am

Me and a mate stole some glassware from a science class at school and made a bong. after school we went to the 'white house' an unfinished 2 story mansion a few streets away and put it to use. We were with a girl friend of ours who wasn't game to try the weed but she did flash us her vag for some reason she wasn't wearing undies and we could clearly see her privates as she sat opposite us. What a great day it was....