11 march onwards for cyclone swell

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies started the topic in Thursday, 5 Mar 2015 at 7:13pm

just looking at the long range synoptic charts for coral sea.
looking good for cyclone swell from about the 11th march.

when does the quikie pro finished? lol

http://www.eldersweather.com.au/models/?mt=synoptic&mc=mslp

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 5:54am

Yeah, the irony huh?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 10:10am

Prog 2.3.15 for the 15th.

Prog 4.3.15 for the 15th.

Prog 6.2.15 for the 15th.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 12:12pm

prog. 2.3. 15 has it close to coast- inshore water warm.whatt do u guys reckon, will it hug cost or do a marcia. low down south but high coming cross to get it to spin and what is that on north qld coast in picture 4.
anybody go out on a limb- it may go live in gulf warm bath and re create trough line between two. tassie dog, don, bb, southey, ben, craig, welly, what u reckon.
i may have visit to a two point island with a cylinder stay as well.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 12:19pm

Looks like the system will be whisked away too quickly to the south-east, resulting in moderate amounts of building trade-swell and only one short-lived pulse of large E'ly groundswell Tuesday-ish the 17th.

Still really early stages though.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 1:00pm

Dr Dave, I wouldn't have a clue, I just enjoy archiving systems like this to see what models have differences when they are progged at a certain date.
Hence the various progs above in the last days.
I will let the guru's have a say, but it is interesting to say the least and is all a big waiting game.

Would be cool if SN had synoptic archives stored away for people to back date......????????
I have been doing this for a year now, especially good swells and snow patterns;)

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 2:05pm
Craig wrote:

Looks like the system will be whisked away too quickly to the south-east, resulting in moderate amounts of building trade-swell and only one short-lived pulse of large E'ly groundswell Tuesday-ish the 17th.

Still really early stages though.

You siding with EC Craig?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 2:07pm

See EC Dr Dave

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 2:07pm

No, both GFS and EC have this.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 5:51pm

As you all can see models change with in a few days....?

As posted above;)

And they will, but it will be interesting to see what is gonna happen.....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 9:49pm

European or American......?
Classic;)

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 10:34pm
Craig wrote:

No, both GFS and EC have this.

The pre 00z GFS runs certainly didn't. They had good swell from this Thursday onwards.

00z GFS run now aligning pretty well with EC actually.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 10:40pm

06z better...?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 6 Mar 2015 at 10:43pm

Don, yeah I said building easterly trade-swell but 12z GFS this morning didn't have any E'ly groundswell till Tuesday week.

Still sticking to my guns.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 7 Mar 2015 at 10:37am

Meanwhile not in Model land .....
The actual invest 93P circulation although elongated and messy , is currently moving west . And although it looks like there is little organisation yet , it is a very large mass of disturbance and being fed by the mother load of Monsoonal flow .
Things are going to get extremely messy in the central western Melanesian isles .

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 7 Mar 2015 at 2:48pm

Excuse the last 2 posts I just wanted toy see shaun said ....shaun said,.... all down the page

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 7 Mar 2015 at 3:45pm

Shaun, I've rung Fairwork Australia to dob SW in; they obviously have you working close to 24/7 and the only people doing that in Oz are punters on 457 visas.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 7 Mar 2015 at 4:19pm

Thanks Floyd, as nice as these guys are, something is not quite right and I'm going to look into it when I get back from running Bens laundry to Adelaide again this weekend.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 7 Mar 2015 at 5:09pm
shaun wrote:

Thanks Floyd, as nice as these guys are, something is not quite right and I'm going to look into it when I get back from running Bens laundry to Adelaide again this weekend.

Actually knew of a guy who's mum used iron his undies after washing them in starch. He said that was for religious purposes and the only way his shirts stayed straight when he tucked them into his undies. When he told me about this I laughed in disbelief but he reassured me it was true and all his mates in the Young Liberals did the same. Oh, forgot to say this guy's name was Tony Abbott. He was a champion when it came to cunning stunts back then and it seems nothing has changed.

Ask Ben's mum if she has any starch in the laundry .....

eat-your-vegies Sunday, 8 Mar 2015 at 10:15am

just heard that the quikie pro is gunna have a 2 day extension to its waiting period so they can rape some of this cyclone swell. shit im glad I don't live on the goldie.

but then I guess that every pro and their dog would hang around for the swell anyway.

looks like its gunna get quite good.