WELLY"MONSTERS" do they exist..??

wellymon's picture
wellymon started the topic in Saturday, 5 Oct 2013 at 3:21pm

I thought I might share a couple of my own experiences with some other like minded people, or even skeptics.
The experiences come from living for nearly 10 years, half an hour west of Burleigh Heads up in the Hinterland, verging onto the Sringbrook Mtn range. The Springbrook area is a hot spot around Australia for the Australian Bigfoot (Yowie) or Aboriginal (Dooligahl), even a lot of paranormal activity !

We first rented our house, that we eventually brought, it had just been built so we were the first people to rent it. A pretty cool style type tree house 18ft off the ground on a steep embarkment overlooking the state forest, with tall gums running right up to our house. A few months had gone by, when about 11pm one night all the next door neighbours dogs and my dog (BillyBoy) started nutting off big time.
We didn't really think much of it, as it was happening quite regularly at night around the same time, then all of a sudden the house shook with an almighty thud and I mean shook. I jumped out of bed and went out on the deck only to hear heavy bipedal footsteps 50 m away crashing down in the bush, I knew it was way too big to be a human or even a wallaby. I kind of guessed what it was, quietly shitting my pants. The next day I confirmed my belief by trying to shake the steel poles of the house myself, but nothing, not even a little wobble.
A few weeks before this happened, which I find weird is that my mother in law had given me a book to read about "Mysterious Australia" by Rex Gilroy. The book was based on lost cave systems, UFOs, Thylacine's, Ghosts and Yowies, the Yowie is what got me interested.
Having grown up in NZ hunting, nothing could really come to threat, except a pair of nasty tusks from a wild boar, but coming to the Australian bush and dealing with spiders, ticks, leaches, snakes, panthers! And let alone Yowies. It's a whole different kettle of fish for myself.
About 9-10 months ago weird stuff was happening around the house between 11pm and 3am for a few nights, branches were being broken, loud noises not far from our house, but every time I would go out and check they would stop, shine the torch light, nothing. I had told my next door neighbour about the Yowie, he always used to laugh at me. Around this same period he was out on his deck at 3am off to work, when he heard this most gut wrenching sound not far in the bush, that made his hairs stand up on the back of his neck. He's a burly hardcore bikie bloke whose been around the traps so to say? he said that he had never ever heard that sound in the Aussie bush ever before.
The same week my wife kept on telling me the bio-cycle is leaking, cause she could smell this rank smell, but only at night. The next day I looked and smelt every where, nothing. That night we were both upstairs about 10pm, then we both got this pungent Sulphur smell similar to rotten eggs or volcanic hot pools, like Rotorua in NZ. This was the first time I'd ever smelt this in Australia and pretty much is the smell of the Yowie from other peoples sightings or close encounters.....?
I truly believe they are there in the bush, not just in Australia but other parts of the world as well.
Anyone else had different, similar experiences in the Aussie bush or beyond.....? Crypto or even Paranormal..?

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Saturday, 5 Oct 2013 at 7:13pm

Spooky Wellymon!

About 20 years ago rumours were circulating of paranormal UFO activity in and around the Southern Yorke Peninsula.
Some surfers were sleeping in their car on the clifftops at the Lizards carpark when a piercing white light surrounded their car. It seemed to be coming from all sides. But not a sound could be heard in the still night air?

And where in other areas of the state farmers would reap the paddocks at night as well as day, with large lights on their tractors to speed up the harvest a story got around that the practice was stopped down here after a farmer was spooked by a light following him through the fields.
Word was his wife saw it too as she was standing on the porch watching him speed back towards the homestead with this light following a few hundred metres behind?

Another story a mate told me was as he was driving back at night from a weekend of surfing and was almost to where the road meets the Saint Vincent Gulf and turns north towards Pt Waikfield. A bright light was visible hovering over the gulf and seemed to be growing larger. As he got closer it grew in size and my mate thought that a jet airliner could be flying low over the gulf right at him, with lights blazing. Soon he had to stop the car and look up through the windscreen as the whole of his vision was taken in by this blinding light.
Then nothing, it was gone, the sky was black and he sat in his stationary car wondering what the fuck just happened? When he got home he swears more than 5 hours had gone by since he started his drive even though its a three hour drive?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 5 Oct 2013 at 8:57pm

Yeah nice one YS,
In that book "Mysterious Australia" by Rex Gilroy, there has been a lot of UFO sightings and close encounters down around your way. I think a lot were also around the 70's and then again in the 90's, but during those times, different people reported the same experiences and sightings?
One lady was travelling along the Nullabor, with her kids in the back, when this strange light far behind her in the distance, then in a split second was above her car. Then something latched onto her roof of her car whilst she was still driving and picked the whole car up a few feet then dropped it, then disappeared ? She drove to the nearest town peaking out. Some official came and took samples of the roof where burnt marks were left, they were sent to NASA in the states to be examined. Reports came back of some unknown substances that have never to this day been found Earth?

bushido's picture
bushido's picture
bushido Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 12:50am

I'm going to be that guy, skeptic or realist?
If archeologists have discovered the broad spectrum of dinosaur species why no solid evidence of the yowie or Bigfoot or whatever term you want to call it?
Maybe it's legit that you've had a semi interaction with a undiscovered creature but there are so many bullshit stories it really makes me cynical of all the stories.
Jane Goodall a very respected monkey expert says 100% there's a Bigfoot that's existed or still out there.
There was some super ape in dinosaur times that could have some ansestors that have filtered down the ages.

The odds of you hearing this thing are a million more times unlikely than winning the lotto.
I'm not calling you a liar but it probably has another explanation and I don't believe it was a Yowie

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 7:15am

Classic stories fellas.. I love this stuff.

Welly, you're speaking of the Knowles family out on the Nullabor. There's some epic interview footage following that incident here:

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 7:47am

bloody hell mrs Knowles, a BFO....
you filled the thermus up with datura again.
200km/perhour in a fully loaded telstar and survived a flat tyre....I want one
the family = the result of inbreeding

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 8:13am

another interview --- derryn hynch interviewing the Knowles family is a fucking classic !

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 8:37am

Hey momma Knowles, pack me another bong will ya.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 9:13am

That Knowles interview was rather wacky! Maybe they got probed?
Of more interest in the related video's linked below was one for a dwarf throwing contest?
The wonders of YouTube!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 10:02am

Cool story and im sure it happened and ive always wanted to believe but im a skeptic until i see hard evidence.

BTW. Nice area up there at Springbrook, I use to sometimes head up there to get a way from the Goldie jungle.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 11:12am

@welly, just google earthing around the general area of your village, directly east bang smack in the middle of the scrub shows some buildings, any idea what they are ? one looks like a farm setup fairly big ?....the other a distance away a shed or large humpy type of building...national park buildings ?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 12:19pm

Bushi, yeah it baffles me too, honestly. Where is the hard evidence? Plaster cast foot prints? Hair samples that have been sent away to forensic people (never to be returned or lost), 4-8 inch trees snapped off in random areas (with no storm activity or damage) same kind of trees bent over like an arch with rocks and branches shoved into the ground to stop the tree from spring back up? Canine teeth marks up 7-8ft on tree limbs, Thousands of documented sightings of the Yowie/Dooligahl since the first settlers arrived and Aboriginal caves paintings and beliefs? BUT NO BONES, skeletons, graves found? I'm perplexed as well with many others.
There are many theories to why, some people believe they are even inter-dimensional? Which took me awhile to swallow that.
There has been numerous sightings this year in Nth NSW, Qld and even one 70km east of Perth, last week a sighting in Daisy Hill Brisbane, a bloke was being stalked with his 2 year old kid at hand. Which has been a very common thing with the kid/Yowie interaction or curiosity?

Ben started watching the Knowles Nullabor footage but the internet streaming is shit out here, I will have to wait, pretty trippey stuff eh.

Indo, yeah Im not sure, We live up Bonogin Valley, where the south ridge follows all the way unobstructed to Springbrook. They are the biggest predators in the bush so their roaming, hunting grounds are vast, which is why I think Ive only had 2 incidents in 9 years around my house, could've been more?
I know a guy who's done a lot of field research up there and is pretty much shit scared of one place, where he won't go back to that certain area because of the aggressiveness, big thunder egg rocks being lobbed from 50m away in the bush at him....? The rocks that we could not throw 5 m, like shot puts.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 2:42pm

YS, do you remember the Pt Wakefield ghost stories from about 15 years ago? I recall they used to appear somewhere near a fatal car crash on that stretch (can't remember exactly where), and crew bolting over in the middle of the night would sometimes see all kinds of weird things when they passed through.

Wasn't sure if they were just perhaps exceptionally stoned at the time though :D

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 6 Oct 2013 at 5:31pm

It sounds vaguely familiar Ben but can't recall anyone who personally experienced that ghost sighting?

The lost time thing my mate experienced when he saw the UFO is kinda freaky?
I wonder if the Knowles family could of lost some time? Could they have been taken, examined and returned to their car with an implanted memory to erase the experience from their mind?

If they did its not surprising the UFO's fucked off and haven't been seen since. Lets just say they didn't choose the greatest specimens there to examine as representative of the human race?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 12:07pm

one of the boys mentioned it felt like my brains were being sucked out of me ?

it may of happened to the whole family I think !

be a grin to catch up with knowels family in a 'where are they' now show I reckon.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 7 Oct 2013 at 10:19pm

Hey YS, could that story of the light out from Port Wakefield be maybe from the Proof and Experimentation facility just south or the army firing range?

They could of been some funky/secret stuff no?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013 at 2:52pm

50000shadesofgrandma, they are out there for sure, alot of sighting in USA as well here in Australia.
They are so at one with the forest, this is why I think no one has hard eveidence yet..?
Only a matter of time with technology, especially cameras, Go Pros etc.

Here is a link from a guy in the USA who has made alot of contact with them latley, ie placing different coloured rocks in the area where he has seen the BigFoot, only to come back a couple of days later to find the rocks have been rearranged into pryamid structures.??
About 3mins into the video is where you can make out something, thats for sure. Feel free to comment, I think it is pretty real.

I'm not sure how to get rid of the sad face in the link, SN techs help.!!
Just type in the http thing first yourself and go from there.

Cheers mate nice to hear your story from far away :)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013 at 2:54pm

OOOps looks like the little gremlin has gone from the link. :)

I cracked it, finally.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013 at 6:26pm

Welly do you know If there has ever been any skeletons or bones found of these things? Surely if there real someone would have come across a skull or something?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 9:25am

goofyfoot, I'm not sure to be honest.
There are different theories on that, I know in the Australian bush things get devoured so fast by ants and other predators, leaves seem to cover things up pretty quick as well. Some people believe they are not flesh and blood, but inter dimensional.?? A lot of sightings in Australia have been closely related or in the same vicinity as the elusive Black Panther? I think they are flesh and blood. This topic is an open discussion with many believers, some well respected Australian field researchers have witnessed Yowies in a gliding motion that they cant explain, i.e. gliding 100 m in 2 seconds, this motion has been witnessed by different people.
I know it sounds absurd but when well respected people say they have witnessed this, well you really cant dismiss the idea.

Who knows they might get buried by their peers, deep in the bush, the Australian bush is so vast and small percentage of people that use the bush have not even set foot in the millions of hectares that are out there.

50-000shadesofgrandma's picture
50-000shadesofgrandma's picture
50-000shadesofg... Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 11:42am

That is something that I've wondered about. Where do the bodies go? There is talk among the native Americans that the big foot disposes of the bodies of their dead by consuming them. Bones are then crushed and scattered. Guess that could be a reason there have been no remains found. In Tibet they practice 'sky' burials, the bodies are broken up and fed to the carrion birds. Complete disposal. Anyway, on a brighter note, I hope that all these mysteries will one day be revealed. We just need to keep an open mind,

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 3:27pm

That Malcom Naden guy ran around up in the mountains of Northern NSW eluding capture for 8 years despite a huge police manhunt so it's not that big a stretch to think an intelligent human/ape creature adapted to such an environment could be living out there? Wonder if he saw any?
It really is a vast continent Australia. In some parts of central Western Australia, even in the 1980's they used to say there were aboriginal tribes that had never seen a white man up close, just the vapour trails of jets passing overhead.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 4:04pm

So true YS, the valley where we look down on, I'm sure not many people go and venture down there. Ive been down into the creek bed and found some big rocks that you or I could not lift, but they have been placed in a wierd manner, as if someone has wanted to create a bathing pool for when it floods...?

This guy Gary Opit was a skeptic, being an environmentalist in the Australian flora and fauna he has come to realise, also part 2&3

&list=UUReY1GZMUMxSQNs4okQPcOg

Here is a interesting link from a farmer down in Taaree ways NSW, he's fair dinkum, also as big as one too...? There is part 2 as well.

&list=UUReY1GZMUMxSQNs4okQPcOg

Welcome to some feed back of what you honestly think, from watching these interviews, I dont think they are hoax interviews.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 4:47pm

Interesting Welly! They seem to be pretty certain about what they saw/heard, especially the second guy.
You can get those camouflaged, motion detection activated infrared cameras that you can set up remotely these days. Surely an image could be captured of one?
How does your misses feel when your away at work? Would of thought she would be pretty cautious of walking about alone up in your neck of the woods? I'd buy a gun!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 4:48pm

after 17 visual encounters ....no pics , no footage ?????
with the high tech cameras/phones avail to us whenever we do get to see footage of a yowie or black panther why do we only get grainy long distance pics or footage that you cannot really make out what it is.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 9:19pm

@ys and udo, yeah it amazes me for sure, especially the guy from Taaree you would think he would take a camera with him the whole time...? I think in my eyes he is quite a basic kind of a bloke though. A camera of this day an age would probably delude him self.?

Another thing YS you have mentioned is infrared cameras, all of the well respected field researchers i.e Rusty 222 reckon that these hominoids are so attuned, that infrared they can sense hundreds of yards away, you think about it really, a hominoid that has lived in the bush for thousands of years escaping the detection of the human race and seeing a bright red light at night when they are already nocturnal...???

I put a link on SN a while ago on another tread to do with the devil devil which after 2 years has only been released due to aboriginal rights.The devil devil is a 2-3 Ft hairy man and is quite often seen in the NT by the Aboriginal community over many years.
I will try and get the link , but just type in devil devil rusty 222 and you will find it, pixallated footage but real I think.
Zenagain couldn't sleep that night...??haha :)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 18 Oct 2013 at 8:35am

@ welly, its interesting nearly all of the sightings or encounters report smelling a very similar odour, sulphur like in your case or burnt electrical/bakelite.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Thursday, 24 Oct 2013 at 6:27pm

Mitch Hedberg on Bigfoot ( RIP )

Full show here well worth a laugh

Interesting read this thread mindblowing stuff. kind of spooky really.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 28 Oct 2013 at 10:00pm

Media Watch tonight has the NT News' recent reports of alien abductions and probing. Damn those little grey men......

http://m.ntnews.com.au/article/2013/10/10/325924_ntnews.html

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 12 Nov 2013 at 7:00am

Yeah Groundswell the 1st link you posted above (Bigfoot) is the original footage was from a guy Roger Patterson in 1967 on his super8. To this day it is the only footage credited through scientific analysis, people said the footage was a hoax but the latest scientific report showing, dimensions height and weight, walking formation, bone structure, once digitally upgraded and zoom in they could study muscle movement in the legs, shoulders etc. The report concluded that at that time in the 60's a hoax was not fathomable, ie suit and costume technology was limited.

Original footage below.

Interesting things have been happening around various parts of Australia in the last 3 weeks, been 18 sightings of Yowies overall. Repeated sightings for a week by a family of 5 young boys playing down in their back yard up in the Blue Mountains.

If you don't look you will not see.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 12:19pm

going back to my youth spending a lot of years around coolangatta area, I just remembered a tale that was always told, was about travelling down the tweed coast on the goat trail it was back [mid to late 70s] then to surf around cabba and further sth to wooyoung . driving solo numerous people had stopped and picked up a hitchhiker ,normal chit chat for 15 mins or so.........when the hitcher asked to be dropped off you pull over and come to a stop........and theres nobody in the car with you ?
but you have been chatting to someone for the last 10 or 15 mins who you thought was sitting next to you, was a female guest always by memory....................something about a teenage girl killed in a car accident around black rock ? and then hitched up and down that road scaring the fuck out of people .
sidthefish this story ring any bells ?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 1:25pm

Udo, I vaguely remember that story or something similar. We used to camp in our boardbags along that stretch years ago, pulling cones and sleeping under the casurinas. We never saw her but this crusty old fella we knew from Uki told us that he picked her up once. He was a bit of a wombat but he always had heaps of good bush buds so we indulged him.

I remember the stories about the Yagen monster too and as a little grommet I was always shit scared of going there. To be honest, I've never been there.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 2:01pm

Heard a similar story about the stretch of road near Pelican Beach on the Cenny Coast, Udo.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 3:34pm

Good yarn Udo, if that happened to yourself, you'd have to think your've honestly lost the plot, wouldn't ya..?
What's the Yagen monster Zen..? Where is Yagen.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 5:04pm

Here you go Welly.

That's the thing, nobody knows what the Yagen monster is.

I just remember it as a spooky campfire story as a grommy.

Probably made up by the locals to keep others away. There's some pretty nice beachies around that area and not very crowded.

http://www.yowiehunters.net/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3909

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 13 Dec 2013 at 6:14pm

Yeah Zen, he's the resident surfing Yowie for sure,
Wouldn't want to drop in on him :)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 7 Apr 2014 at 6:56pm

@welly, a Yowie hunt {Canadian] going on in your area at the moment are you involved ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 7 Apr 2014 at 11:56pm

G'day Wellymon
Not trying to put the cold spoon on your hopes of catching the yowie but in your first post on this thread you mentioned a couple of things that struck a chord with me. The first is the heavy crash into the piers on your house and the heavy bipedal running flat out through the bush sounds an awful lot like a startled swamp wallaby , a heavy set wallaby with dark fur that smashes it's feet and tail into the ground when it's running scared to deter predators into thinking its massive and maybe to warn other wallabies. I have had one bolt into a shack I was staying in over east and it was just like you described , the whole joint shook. They sound like they weigh a tonne bolting through the bush and I mean bolting through any kind of thick scrub.

The gut wrenching sound your mate heard at 3 am ? You ever heard the sound a male koala makes? It's like the sound like I imagine the devil would make when he discovers GOD has drank his last cold beer. No shit. It's hard to correlate such a vicious noise with such a cuddly looking animal and that sound fucking carries. Google it.

They seem like pretty likely suspects where you live but if you find out it is a Yowie. Don't keep it to yourself, your gonna need all the friends you can get when The Man comes after you like Elliot and E.T.

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 12:21am

Blowin busting myths.
Just youtubed koalas roaring and If I was in the bush at night and heard that horrible noise I would be positive I was about to be eaten.
No one tells you they sound so frightening when you grow up in the west.

I have lay in a swag numerous times though and heard red kangaroos and biggeda wallabies smash there way through the bush like wrecking balls.
Had one 6 foot ball of muscle charge straight into the side of a range rover that was almost stationary. Had to throw the door away and get a new one, it looked like it had been hit by a rhino.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 1:10am

Udo , no
But been reading about it, been getting lots of tree knocks around here a couple of weeks ago, always at the same times 10pm -2 am, sat on the upper deck and just listened for a few hours. One would be about 2 to 3 hundred meters away SW direction, one knock then two quick knocks. Then 15 mins later another knock 2-3 hundred meters NW direction would occur, only one knock. Continued for a few nights in a row.
Went down in the bush and have found very large bipedal tracks, especially after the rain, ground disturbance for sure, twice as long as a human footstep.
I know they are there, they are smart and nocturnal.

Blowin, we have 2-3ft bush wallabies here, that can not at all shake the house like that....?

I hear koalas all the time as does my next door neighbour, we both know what they sound like.

It's taken me along time and many hours sitting silently on my deck at night and early hours of the morning to understand and listen to what is going on out there. Not many people do that trust me.
I have some good research of my own happening, patience.
I believe they are there.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 8:42am

Yeah Reecen, the old car hit by roo story. Had it happen myself a couple of times. Both times at Cape range national park , that joint has the highest concentration of dumb euros and roos of anywhere I have seen.
I reckon they run into the car because both their ears are so fixed on the sound that to them , with their super sensitive hearing, must be overwhelming . So they are panicked, their ears are aimed at the sound and their head aims in that direction also. Unfortunately where your head points your body follows and they ram your car.

Would not like to have a red do it, your lucky just your car was fucked.

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 10:06am

Last winter coming back from Splendour in the Grass, me and 3 mates where doing the heavenly road trip from Byron to Sydney scoring waves the whole way down. After a few nights at Angourie we decided to go bush and look for other more isolated waves and I've heard there are some fun beachies and good rivermouth fishing between angourie and brooms head.

North of brooms there's a national park camp ground right on the coast and we set up there. Near the big red cliffs. After a day of pretty shit beachies and wishing we stayed at angourie, we went into brooms to the pub for some grub, and ended up talking to an old local bloke who said we where mad to camp where we where. He told us that a young girl got picked up hitchhiking between Yamba & Brooms, raped and murdered by two men, cut up into bits and ditched in a grave, and nobody ever got caught. At the time and a few vitamin B's down we where sort of playing the "ohh yeahh good one" just locals having a laugh out of tourists but he was pretty serious.

After getting back to the camp spot we where sitting around talking shit, having a fire enjoying the goods we had got from Nimbin before heading down. We started to get real on edge though when we started seeing flashing torch lights and tree's rustling as if someone was bushwalking at like 2am in the middle of nowhere. We saw exactly where it was about 2-300 meters away. We didn't suss it out then and there though cause we where pretty shit scared and the lights where not moving around heaps just staying in like a 2 meter radius.

It wasn't till the morning when one of my mates ran over and called us to come "look at this" when we packed our shit and left. There was a little track right near where we where looking last night and a little clearing that had a white cross heaps of dead old flowers, rosemary beads and shit, literally a really old looking overgrown grave. It was fucked.

In the car I googled " Brooms head murder " and was flooded with stories of Lee Ellen Stace who was as per the old guys pub story; murdered and dumped in the bush.. I dunno what the torch light and rustling was, but considering nobody was ever found guilty of this poor girl, It'd be one pissed off spirit.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/death-may-be-work-of-two-men-inques...
http://www.smh.com.au/national/haunted-by-the-mystery-of-lee-ellens-last...

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 2:54pm

Ha ha cape range national park was wear this fella charged into the rangey as well blowin.
He got knocked over then stood up looking all confused before he charged off again.
Took out another in a landcruiser doing about 140km an hour. That took a bit of bush panel beating before we could keep going.
Have seen it at night up that way when the highway is like a giant kangaroo slumber party. Have had to slow to less then 70km hr for 100 kms driving around kangaroos sleeping on the road.
The road trains aren't so nice to them though.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 3:44pm

Wellymon maybe you would be suprised at how many crew are stumbling around the scrub in Oz especially that close to the coast. Plenty of survey, geologists, rangers, bush walkers, amateur enthusiasts of every variety of bird, frog, mammal, plant and insect species, scientists, Csiro teams, prospectors, bush gardeners, landscapers and home improvers looking for free samples, naturists, hermits, more bush gardeners, bush walkers, orienteering teams , rock climbers, trippers, hippies, dreamers , explorers , police, armed forces , photographers , campers , hunters, fishermen, cartographers, murderers, treasure buriers, treasure hunters, crop thieves, joggers, lovers, search and rescue teams, environmentalists , writers , painters and fugitives. Not to mention yowie hunters. Something is sure to turn up soon.

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 3:50pm
Blowin wrote:

Wellymon maybe you would be suprised at how many crew are stumbling around the scrub in Oz especially that close to the coast. Plenty of survey, geologists, rangers, bush walkers, amateur enthusiasts of every variety of bird, frog, mammal, plant and insect species, scientists, Csiro teams, prospectors, bush gardeners, landscapers and home improvers looking for free samples, naturists, hermits, more bush gardeners, bush walkers, orienteering teams , rock climbers, trippers, hippies, dreamers , explorers , police, armed forces , photographers , campers , hunters, fishermen, cartographers, murderers, treasure buriers, treasure hunters, crop thieves, joggers, lovers, search and rescue teams, environmentalists , writers , painters and fugitives. Not to mention yowie hunters. Something is sure to turn up soon.

hahahahah what a list.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 3:54pm

Driving at 225km/h out near Mitchell (Qld) in his new BMW Z4
The Driver hit a Kangaroo...

The kangaroo disappeared!

The driver stopped and wondered where the kangaroo went?

Found it!

For All you drivers without bullbars, this is how

You pack a 70 kg kangaroo into a BMW Z4 Convertible.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3Z1dMCj.jpg
[/IMG]

Range Rovers or BMW's......?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 4:20pm

You'd better send a meat truck. Charlie's caught the saucer in the throat.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 10:45pm
Blowin wrote:

Gold,
Love the trippers right up my alley.
Blowin.
But hey they are doing that during the day...!

Love the list, shit that would've taken awhile.
:)
Come hang with me for a night and listen to what is really out there, and check out the fauna and (tracks the next day, especially after rain) you would be very supprised.
I'm a good hunter trust me.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 8 Apr 2014 at 11:33pm

Fuck mate I'd love to , but it reminds me too much of this other time I met a guy that lived in a house way out the back of tweed. He asked me to a party at his place.

"Would be great fun "he said -" drinking, dancing , smoking, fighting, rooting - the works !"

"Fuck , sounds alright " I said, "how many people are comin ?"

He looked me straight in the eye and said " just me and you darlin' "

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 9 Apr 2014 at 11:16am

Gold. hahaha :)

Sorry to disappoint you Blowin, but thats not my style.

Anyways whats the " Works!?", sounds like you could of been stuck in between a hamburger maybe.....?

oldman's picture
oldman's picture
oldman Wednesday, 9 Apr 2014 at 12:18pm

Just read this forum. Some funny comments.
Interesting reading yorkessurfer comment re SYP.
We used to stay at lizards back in the 70's in my mates caravan.
One night he went out for a piss and came back white as a ghost.
Reckons he was chased around by a really bright white light.
He was tough and a charger in the surf, but refused to ever go back there.
We changed camps to Gleesons from then on, but until today I didnt know anyone else that encountered "things" in that area. Very interesting.