Kerby Brown accident

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 10:41am

Was only a matter of time considering how hard these fellas go (from Instagram):

"So this happened yesterday. I got driven Mack-10 head first into the coral on a big one at Tombstones. I was close to blacking out, seeing stars and dizzy but luckily just managed to get to the surface before I had some help. I sustained a serious head wound and injuries to my lower back and left side of my body. Luckily there was a doc and surgeon on site and quick response from my friends to get me to them ASAP where they did an amazing job stabilising me and getting me evacuated by ambulance. They were suspecting spinal/pelvic fractures as well judging by my pain from those areas which I was most concerned about but after a night in hospital I'm stoked to hear the scans came back clear from any serious damage. Apart from feeling like I've been hit by a truck it looks like I'll be fit to fight another day. Thanks to everyone for your help and concern, much appreciated! Tomb got me good this time but hopefully It'll be a quick recovery and I'll be back out there soon enough. Cheers"

screen_shot_2014-07-17_at_10.40.29_am.png

trolleyboy's picture
trolleyboy's picture
trolleyboy Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 11:05am

It's never nice seeing a surfer in a neck brace, especially one that's known for charging semi-dry reef breaks. Get well soon KB.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 11:17am

Heavy, yeah these guys go so hard up there, large swell running as well. Hopefully a full and speedy recovery!

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 12:08pm

Same thing happened too Boordo on the weekend at Blacks same type of outcome.Here's to a speedy recovery to both maniacs.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 2:08pm
Craig wrote:

Heavy, yeah these guys go so hard up there, large swell running as well. Hopefully a full and speedy recovery!

Looks like it is a pretty solid swell... few pics filtering through now of it

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 2:18pm

Got some links yocal?

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 2:59pm

Only from Insty. Jaime Scott put one up this morning

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 3:07pm

photo Tombies_zps3b3f0df1.jpg

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 3:22pm

its a nasty wave huh. First time I went out there I was sheepishly getting ready in the carpark, a guy was climbing up the rocks and clambered into the carpark with his forearm broken, the bone poking out of his wettie.
He then proceeded to get out of his wettie with his good arm and got in the drivers seat of his ute for the 2.5hrs+ bumpy ride to hospital.

Needless to say it had rattled us before we even got to see into the barrel from the lineup.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 5:12pm

I knew his father very well and spent a couple of months in the same losmen back there in the seventies. So Glen, if you're reading this, all the best for a quick recovery for Kerby!

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 6:40pm

First wave I caught out there I got backslammed on that first coral head and thought I'd broken my back. That thing hits hard.
Long drive to Carnarvon.

Hope he heals up quick. Well done to the blokes who stabilised him and got him to the doc.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 17 Jul 2014 at 6:50pm

Very solid yocal and crazy story!

Jamyardy's picture
Jamyardy's picture
Jamyardy Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020 at 12:24pm

And he's back in hospital, wipeout off Esperance. Get well soon.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 4 Sep 2020 at 7:53pm

What happened?

Jamyardy's picture
Jamyardy's picture
Jamyardy Friday, 4 Sep 2020 at 9:12pm

Apparently hit the reef whilst filming a doco, a good way offshore, new territory for those guys I think. Marine rescue was sent out to help. There's a *new* story on it floating around somewhere.

Edit :
*news*

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Saturday, 5 Sep 2020 at 6:53pm

He’s had some doozies

Cetus's picture
Cetus's picture
Cetus Monday, 7 Sep 2020 at 9:56am

Anymore news on this?

Jamyardy's picture
Jamyardy's picture
Jamyardy Friday, 22 Oct 2021 at 10:05pm

If you can get to a screening more is supposed to be revealed, Albany for tonight.

https://madmanfilms.com.au/facing-monsters/