After surf munchies

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Wednesday, 9 Jul 2014 at 6:32pm

After a wicked sesh, whether it be a solo or with ya' mates, there's nothin better than a pig out......

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 14 Aug 2014 at 11:02am

Indeed!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 14 Aug 2014 at 11:07am

This ain't an after surf munchy , but I just had a proper coffee after surviving on instant for a few days and it tasted like Aphrodite's nipple on my lips. Big breakfast, sun is shining , 3-5' of swell and offshore winds are making me keen for a paddle.....after just one more coffee.

Oh thank yea hospitality workers of the world , existing on a pittance to satisfy my every desire. More power to you !

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Thursday, 14 Aug 2014 at 11:11am

Caloundra Pub / Tavern on the hill looking south over Kings Beach was a regular for me in Summer when I lived up there ... not so good in a southerly, but the summer northerlies and it was quite pleasant watching the hordes fight over the summary slop, while having a few schooies ...

The OLD rolling surf joint was awesome value for a pigout out post surf ... go back as many times as ya wanted for a big breakfast bacon, eggs (any style), sausages, hash browns, etc etc ... have just found a similar spot at Hastings Point, at the Big 4 ... $9.90 all ya can eat brekky, add you just add a decent coffee for $4 :)

Many a sesh post surf at the Pacific ... and probably more so the Iluka Pub ;)

Further south, geez ...

Have had a few post surfs at the Amble Inn at Corindi / Red Rock

The Sawtell pub was always good in winter ... that fire, few beers, and ya never wanted to leave ...

and of course, the Crescent Head Pub / Tavern ... who has not been there!

... but, I gotta say, the best value for money, and often overlooked joints, are the bowls clubs. Cheaper than pubs for beer and tucker, easier parking usually, and often stoked to have visitors, so they happily open up the greens for some barefoot fun when the winds turned onshore ...

Can usually score a good chinese feed at some (i.e. Iluka and Wooli), or just the value for money, kick back fun for the arvo like North Beach (Yellow Rock) & Hat Head.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Thursday, 14 Aug 2014 at 12:06pm
wingnut2443 wrote:

Can usually score a good chinese feed at some (i.e. Iluka and Wooli)

Haha yeSSSS! Wooli bowlso Chinese is epic! So is the courtesy bus arrangement from Minnie