CLASSIC SURFERS QUOTES

udo's picture
udo started the topic in Wednesday, 9 Jul 2014 at 7:12am

Whats some classic surfers quotes ?

skull's picture
skull's picture
skull Friday, 6 May 2016 at 7:03am

When you're surfing you're not thinking about where you parked the car or what you're going to do when you grow up or what you're going to buy when you've got lots of money. You know, you're just there. You're in the moment. And I think in a contemporary world, that's a rare privilege.
Tim Winton

Read more at: http://www.azquotes.com/author/18728-Tim_Winton

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 14 May 2017 at 8:47pm

We got our Spanish Visas and if it gets big we are going to Mundaka

"Greenys fallen in Love with a BushPig so we left him there"

Rob Bain in a postcard from France to his sponser Jim Lucas Force9 Surfboards 32 yrs ago

roubydouby's picture
roubydouby's picture
roubydouby Sunday, 14 May 2017 at 9:24pm

Back when the ASP commentary team was supplemented by whichever random ex pros were hanging around and it was all shit talking and nostalgia, someone told a story about Poto David (who'd just appeared out of some bushes ). When asked what his strategy was for his heat, he said, 'I will float over ze section to win ze contest'.

For the next hour or so every time a surfer did a floater the whole commentary booth with chime in with '...and so and so 'FLOATS OVER THE SECTION TO WIN ZE CONTEST'!, then they'd all fall about laughing and forget to commentate the rest of the wave.

Still chuckle thinking about it.

saltyridersco's picture
saltyridersco's picture
saltyridersco Friday, 9 Jun 2017 at 11:09am

"The biggest sin in the world would be if i lost my love for the ocean" - Laird Hamilton

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021 at 1:47pm

Just dont call it HTs ---- Captain Lance Knight

The deepest circle of Hell is reserved for people that call it HTs ---- Keelan Knight

30 yrs on its Lances Right !

Rusty Forest's picture
Rusty Forest's picture
Rusty Forest Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021 at 4:02pm

Ha ha the last trip I did over there, 2019, the captain and crew were calling it HT's. Yet when we went around the corner, it was Lances Left!!!! Ive always adhered to Lances right, in respect.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021 at 5:03pm

I met Lance at LHI back in about 95(?) and he told me the story of finding the joint and the subsequent interactions with crew who have a little less respect for the preservation of a quiet line up than he did . My words not his.

Anyway....friendly enough bloke. He found it so it’s always Lance’s right.