BADDY TRELOAR shaping again LTD

udo's picture
udo started the topic in Wednesday, 25 Jun 2014 at 4:45pm

looking at Mark Richards instagram page saw a photo of a newly made 6'10 rounded diamond tail shaped by BADDY
seems the M.O.T.E. legend is reproducing a 1970s single fin no info on how many being made or the price or where to order one, nice looking like to have one hanging on my wall.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 25 Jun 2014 at 7:29pm

Price permitting.
I doubt very much Witzig will get a cheap one for his wall.

finback's picture
finback's picture
finback Thursday, 26 Jun 2014 at 8:47am

I flicked MR a request re price but haven't had a response yet. Freeride76 may be able to provide some info !

Dan Ross's picture
Dan Ross's picture
Dan Ross Sunday, 29 Jun 2014 at 9:23am

@Udo - Baddy is going to shape 20 of this model. Its a special thing so the limited number and price reflects that. $1800 - a little less if you didn't want Volan glass.
8 have been accounted for/sold already. I wanted to put mine straight up on the wall but couldn't resist riding it. I got to test it out properly at J Bay and it goes insane. Email [email protected] if you want to order one from Dave as my brother and i are managing it for him in the early stages so he just keeps doing what he loves and what we love him for :) - Surfing when theres waves - Fishing when theres none. And now shaping a small amount of these timeless downrail gems.

Dan Ross's picture
Dan Ross's picture
Dan Ross Sunday, 29 Jun 2014 at 9:27am
finback wrote:

I flicked MR a request re price but haven't had a response yet. Freeride76 may be able to provide some info !

contact [email protected] and we'll provide info (Baddy, Dan and Ben)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 29 Jun 2014 at 11:47am

Thanks Dan for the info , and those boards are very reasonably priced I think ......will Baddy be doing any copies of the big [ 8'6 or longer] pintails he currently rides and rips on ....spent easter in that area with a huge swell and witnessed some beautiful surfing by him...... one of them in full gloss would definetly be on the wall in my lounge room, who shapes those pintails for him ?
some more pics of the boards Dan and a link to you surfing one at J bay if you can .
close up pics of the boards logo to.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 29 Jun 2014 at 2:07pm

Yeah pleaze pics of the singly models ?

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Monday, 30 Jun 2014 at 10:30am

$1800 for a board to hang on the wall, you east coast blokes have way too much money don't you.

Boards are for surfing not hanging on walls

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 30 Jun 2014 at 11:23am

To true Morris ..............I would just prefer a nice reminder of my youth and something from a sport that really is my life on my wall than a piece of art
I don't get art .

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 30 Jun 2014 at 11:34am

Last time I saw him surfing big waves at the Ox he was riding a Rawson.

Sweet boards, out of my price range.

think I'll buy my own blank and get dusty out in the paddock.

Sunshine in the morning , surfing when there's waves, fishing when there's none. Still the best template going around.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 30 Jun 2014 at 11:42am

A good pic of the shaper and a finished board on Dan Ross instagram

Wilber1970's picture
Wilber1970's picture
Wilber1970 Monday, 30 Jun 2014 at 6:17pm

The 8'6 and 9'0's he has been riding for the last 5 years or so are shaped by me (Will Webber) . So stoked he likes em