Go to Peru (short films to convince you)!

benherrgott's picture
benherrgott started the topic in Thursday, 30 Aug 2012 at 9:20am

Gday guys,

I just left Peru after 7 weeks of good consistent waves including that big swell that allowed the BWWT to run Pico Alto. Anyway, I though I would share the good times & amazing places through short films, See them there: www.theduckwhisperer.com

Just to convince you further, Peru is uncrowded (apart from Lobitos), friendly as, and as cheeps as it gets.

Cheers
ben

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 30 Aug 2012 at 12:01pm

Just don't get on the wrong side of Peruvians. A Facebook post from a Peruvian friend...

THIS EVENT HAVE A PURPOSE AND THAT IS TO TELL BRASIL THAT THEY ARE NOT ALLOW TO MAKE ANY KIND OF EVENT IN PUNTA HERMOSA , PERU , AS THEY DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT NOTHING AND THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE A BRASILIAN SURF COMP, IN OUR HOMETOWN IN PERU, WE WANT THEM TO FUCK OFF AND NEVER GET BACK TO PERU AGAIN, WE WILL BE GNARLY WITH THEM FROM NOW ON.. EVERY SINGLE BRASILIAN IN PERU WILL BE TELL TO FUCK OFF... IF THEY CANT RESPECT A HOLE SURF COMMUNITTY THEY DONT DISERVE TO SURF OUR INCREDEBLE WAVES.,.... DONT GET US WRONG, WE ARE VERY FRIENDLY, WE LET U STAY IN OUR SURF TOWN, WE LET U HAVE PERUVIAN CHICKS, BUT WHEN SOMEONE FUCKK WITH US... WE WILL FOR SURE TAKE IT BACK AND MAKE RESPECT OUR PEOPLE AND SURF COMMUNITTY, SO THOSE BRASILIAN DUDES WHO ARE TRYING TO MAKE THAT COMP, U BETTER GO BACK TO BRASIL BEFORE U GET FUCK UP!!!!

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 30 Aug 2012 at 12:19pm

Ah the Brazo's. They are popular no matter where they go.

theblowin's picture
theblowin's picture
theblowin Thursday, 30 Aug 2012 at 1:22pm

just got out of the water with a footy team sized pack of peruvians.
except for travelling in a ridiculously sized crew , to a man they were perfect gentlemen
, ripped and charged. i give them three and a half stars. points deducted for pack mentality.

lachlan-82's picture
lachlan-82's picture
lachlan-82 Sunday, 9 Sep 2012 at 7:00am

Where in Peru can you specifically recommended? What was the water temp like, will I need a wetsuit? I have mild aquagenic urticaria and being 6'4" it might be difficult to find a suitable wettie.

Plenty of accommodation, can you rent boards etc? I'm in Ecuador at the moment (backpacking SA) and plan to head to Mompiche but was planning to tour the coast of Peru in a few months.

I'm definitely a begginer too.
Cheers.

*EDIT*
Ok I checked out your site and saw some places you surfed, nice blog, making me jealous!

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Monday, 15 Oct 2012 at 1:37am

Per capita, Peru has the highest amount of breast implants in the world. with those statistics, Id go even if it was land locked...

lachlan-82's picture
lachlan-82's picture
lachlan-82 Monday, 22 Oct 2012 at 3:03am

From my experience there are more enhancements in Colombia, and the women there are stunning!

z-man's picture
z-man's picture
z-man Monday, 22 Oct 2012 at 6:17pm

@benherrgott; Nica and Chica vids were awesome! Thanks for posting them.

Peru? Breast implants? Woo-hoo! Who knew? Chicama next June!